Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Mar 10, 2017 9:24 AM

Apr 2013
I see she was always pretty stupid, insulting people without knowing what they actually said to her...
Jan 4, 2018 8:53 PM
Jul 2017
Man that was the best episode yet! I really got the feels for minami, and this episode took all the characters into unexpected territory and flipped the formula to be frim Minami’s challenged perspective.
Apr 24, 2018 11:46 PM

Nov 2017
Interesting episode, Minami’s backstory when she came back from a Germany and how she grew feelings for Yoshii. Best part of the episode was when Yoshii asked her if she wanted to be friends and she realized how much work it would’ve taken him to translate it. The art and visuals were amazing, almost Shaft-like, good episode overall.
OikuraApr 24, 2018 11:56 PM
May 28, 2018 12:53 AM

Jan 2018
There was never an appropriate time to break the flow of an episode and capture a moment for me like in previous episodes (if anyone has seen any of my comments, they're LOADED with screenshots haha). The entire episode is one beautiful moment that can not be captured by a couple of screeenshots and it seemed like a sin just to pause it even once.. A wonderful background story of Shimada's struggles in a new country. I almost forgot that she's from Germany (I think it was briefly mentioned before which is probably why I vaguely remember something about Germany) and now I appreciate her character more as someone who also comes from an immigrant family.

Does this mean we get Himeji's backstory just to even the playing field and give us a harder time to choose who Yoshii will end up with? I feel like that's gonna be the case.

Either way, definitely a great episode.

Dec 17, 2018 5:31 PM
Mar 2018
Best episode of the entire series so far. It had a lot of new narrative and visual elements to it that I really liked. Looked and felt appropriate for telling the story of foreigners in japan or in any other language system at all. But in the dubbed version Minami sounded more like she tried to do a russian accent than german. Maybe they tried to be german in both original and dubbed, but it never really feels right. And I know what I'm talking about.
Jan 21, 2019 5:53 AM

Jan 2016
It's irritating to watch such a good episode knowing that Minami still won't win

Ffs
Jun 27, 2019 12:12 PM

Jul 2014
>not looking up a translation quickly on the internet

pleb detected
Apr 12, 2022 9:05 PM

May 2018
Such a nice episode, it was interesting to know Minami's past and how he got attach to Yoshi. I love this episode.

Jun 11, 2022 3:13 PM

Jan 2010
That was actually a pretty interesting representation of living with a language barrier, especially with the subsequent self-consciousness associated with it. The part where Minami could only hear white noise from Akihisa was particularly potent. Also, some of the moments with Minami's gesticulations and swaying were really well-animated. Who knew BakaTest could pull something like this off.
ShockedJun 11, 2022 3:19 PM
Jul 18, 2022 7:24 AM

Jan 2013
Shocked said:
That was actually a pretty interesting representation of living with a language barrier, especially with the subsequent self-consciousness associated with it. The part where Minami could only hear white noise from Akihisa was particularly potent. Also, some of the moments with Minami's gesticulations and swaying were really well-animated. Who knew BakaTest could pull something like this off.

Definitely a well crafted episode.
I can imagine the struggles of living in a different country not knowing the language, I already have an interest in learning Japanese but this episode made me more interested.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» A 3rd season?

SooKwang - Nov 6, 2011

9 by Saternates »»
Mar 3, 1:20 PM

Poll: » Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Sep 29, 2011

171 by Karva1 »»
Feb 10, 11:35 AM

Poll: » Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 22, 2011

98 by Karva1 »»
Feb 10, 11:13 AM

Poll: » Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Blackbird - Aug 18, 2011

162 by Karva1 »»
Feb 10, 8:53 AM

Poll: » Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 11, 2011

84 by Karva1 »»
Feb 10, 8:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.