MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Bleach: Jigokuhen Episode 1 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Bleach: Jigokuhen »» Bleach: Jigokuhen Episode 1 Discussion

Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Bleach: Jigokuhen Episode 1 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

68 50.37%
4 out of 5: Liked it

27 20.00%
3 out of 5: It was OK

28 20.74%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

7 5.19%
1 out of 5: Hated it

5 3.70%
Voters: 135

08-28-11, 5:26 AM

Satudo said:

Honestly I found that I was actually more attached to 'kuboto' or whatever his name was then I was Ichigo freaking out over his sister. He's just done it so many times now without any real growth in personality. Whereas the villian was actually grieving; Ichigo was just raving as usual.

Same here..not much of a fan of Ichigo in general. Can't imagine him ever accepting that a loved one of his dies. It's pretty much unreal territory for him. That bothers me a bit. He needs to find the resolve to fight and not gain super strength when he freaks out or comes to some resolution that concludes in protecting every single creature on the damn planet. whatevs. Just my opinion.

-felt much more attached to Kokuto(?) as I could really see where he was coming from. What corrupted him.
-but the plot really disappointed me. After watching the trailer and the episode preview I got my hopes up looking forward to this epic journey to hell. The second time back really lost my interest. Too predictable!!
-BUT, the animation was indeed impressive. I just wished...uhh. Feels like it's missing something for me. ;(

-yeah, don't see most of my hopes coming true in the Bleach franchise...seems like it'll always have the same plot repeating again and again with new layers on top. (Ichigo gains a new power and saves the day).

-OHH, and was hoping for Final Getsuga Tenshou to kick in..but...T^T
(7/10)
Modified by LoonyLimbo, 08-28-11, 5:47 AM

08-28-11, 5:42 AM

pree zakon! :33
for me this is the best movie so far <3 - 5/5
i liked all the scenec but my favv is definetly the begining flashbk :DD
but what keeps me bugging is, whats with yuzu?! we all saw that ichigo didn't broke her chain like with the rest of his friends ! so now i wonder did she maybe inherit afterall some shinigami powers from their dad and since she still can't see spirits or sense reishi maybe its some kind of a different , hiden power... this is just me speculating but i wonder did u guys maybe thought something similar or else? even byakuya had some strange look on his face when yuzu recovered...

08-28-11, 12:57 PM

I was hoping for mindscape with the Hollow inside Ichigo, but apparently, everything else was more important. :( Meh.

Loved how FODDER Chad was though. He does his job well. xD
きみ は だれ だい?
ぼく は ラムボ!
ぼく は だれ だい?
きみ は ラムボ!
ラムボ なんでし!

08-28-11, 3:17 PM

So bc of the Hell Chapter in the manga and that special ep., I was under the impression that Shuren was the main villain... he had like 2 min. of screen time then disappeared never 2 be seen again.

Did I miss something? One sec. he was fighting Ichigo then he was gone. Where's the closure?

08-28-11, 6:18 PM

not bad, atleast some emotional variety
I has a bucket

08-28-11, 8:10 PM

I thought that this was completely silly, but the animation was nice.

08-28-11, 8:30 PM

Hmmmm, well, that was a fun ride, dont get me wrong. It's always good to see Chad and Ishda whenever we can (and Orihime, but she gets more screen time then those two anyway), along with the grass-roots opening bit (after Ulquiorra) with Ichigo kicking a coupla punks for knocking over a memento for the dead.

Things that did bug though, we're Yuzu suddenly getting better. Even the way Byakuya lost his composure (you know somethings up when he does that) and rushed out, I thought they were going to make something of it, but then it just skipped along to Ichigo going back to hell. I mean, if Orihime, who can 'undo the works of God' can't remove the chains, then surely it'd require some sort of special task to undo the chains like destroying the source of them in hell or something, not just for them to fizzle like nothing. Without even Yamato saying 'oh yeah, that can happen in rare circumstances'. Nothing.

Also, the whole thing with Kukoto saying 'you dont need to destroy the gates of hell, just my chains. So he goads ichigo into destroying the gates of hell. Then Ichigo comes back promising to defeat him, and breaks his chains. That bit did make me berate the screen for Ichigo being a numpty. But all was okay, because Hell just covered Kukoto in chains anyway. So, was Ichigo actually needed at all or did he just make things worse?

Also, when Toshiro mentioned they'd only made repairs to the hell gate yesterday, I was all like 'Ooh, thats what Isshins meeting was all about (imagining him and Urahara drinking somewhere while prepping the maintenance)' but I guess not as they never mentioned it again.

And it seems while shinigami have no control directly over hell, Ichigo is very compatible and ended up looking like an overseer of hell. So he's part human, part shinigami, part hollow, part hell guardian and

Since Bleach is the place for wild predictions, I now reckon that Isshin is actually the soul king making Ichigo some sort of super power-over-all messiah and God in training!

08-28-11, 8:33 PM

Someone mind explaining how Yuzu's chain disappeared? Through sheer willpower?

Anyways, I hated that design for that golden skull armor or w/e Ichigo used. It was pretty ugly. I was expecting a non-eviler version of his full hallowfication, but no.. some ugly armor of golden skulls.

Everyone was pretty useless in the movie as well other than Ichigo (since the series/movie revolves around him).

Overall, I found the movie a lot better than their past movies (other than Memories of Nobody) but could have been better.

08-29-11, 5:12 AM

This was well animated and overall a solid movie - a rather nice surprise. Also, +10 points for Rukia naked in chains.

08-29-11, 3:19 PM

Kittyman said:
SerenityB3128 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Anyone else seen it yet?

Anyway, awesome movie! Definitely my favorite of the Bleach movies!

Glad to see others enjoying it so much : )

For me however, this was definitely my least favorite of the bleach movies. No captain fights, no new battle soundtracks, and personally way too much attention towards Ichigo's hollow form. I guess for the people who love or even worship Ichigo's hollow, then this is the movie for them, but I was never much of a fan.

2/5, wonder why I was expecting to see Espadas...

I was expecting too...it strated with ulquiorra after all...i thought espadas came from hell to get revenge or something...it was surprise...i missed captains too...just appears almost the end...do nothing..

08-29-11, 5:48 PM

ill give Animation a 10, Story a 3(come on was there really any?), fighting 10 and beyond, soundtrack 9(meh some of it is same old same old). Honestly the best part was the very start with Vasto Lorde Ichigo vs final form Ullquiorra. I loved it when I saw it during the series and I bout spazed out of my pant seeing it reanimated. Overall, like most, I view Memories of Nobody the best, followed by Diamondust Rebellion, and then this. Otherwise this was only great for seeing mass action and thats it. Overall Ill give it a 8 just cause of the action and soundtrack.

08-29-11, 5:48 PM

Ani-Blast said:

Loved how FODDER Chad was though. He does his job well. xD

Lol, yes he does. Everyone should always feel safe as long as Chad hasn't gone down yet. If Chad is still up and you are about to take a finishing blow, don't worry Chad has you covered ; )

I'm sure they took him out early this time because Chad's hollow-like powers probably would have been strengthened in hell. I'm sure no one wants to see Chad like that, we only want to see Ichigo!

Lol, sarcasm is fun : )

08-29-11, 6:38 PM

Loved teh movie, I may mostly dislike the series as of recently..But, the movie was great! Awesomeness at the last 15 or so minutes, definitely..
--Dread Knight Torac, Destroyer of Grammar Nazis--

08-29-11, 6:57 PM

well here are my thoughts

story - weak just like the other 2 movies following the first one.. that one was the best one to me

fights - awesome! got to see some cool getsgua tenshous, wish i coulda seen more of that shura guy... he was the one from the filler episode not kokuto >:O

kokuto - i could NOT take him seriously because of his voice! i just kept singing "bon bon bon bon bon bon bon bon bon" in my head in the tune of two and a half men's opening song (bon from ao no exorcist).

ichigo losing control - AWEEESOMEEE! pwnsauce ceros, guess he couldnt use his sword cuz he was holding yuzu

ichigo hell armor - wtfbbq moment for me lol

guards - they were supposed to be SUPER strong that kokuto couldn't beat them BUT ichigo could slice them in half with just the hollow mask WHILE ichigo can hardly damage kokuto in hell armor.. so a little rock paper scissors fail there.

uyruu vs fatty - after 3 years uryuu seemed cool to me again! dashing around with seelee schneider he looked so dashing. hehe.. see what i did there?

subs - the subs failed for some parts (too short to read, weren't there at all)

08-30-11, 12:18 AM

This movie reminded me a lot of early Bleach during the arcs when Ichigo saves Rukia, which I really enjoyed. He actually shows emotion and you get the feeling he has the intent to kill to save Yuzu, instead of the good ol' "I WANT TO PROTECT MY FRIENDS" vibe he has these days.

Animation was great throughout the whole film and the fights were well done. Only problems with the movie for me is they never explained how Yuzu returned to normal and there wasn't any action from the Gotei 13. It was nice to see some Hollow Ichigo in action though.

I lol'd at the ending.

08-30-11, 1:14 AM

Lol, his Hell Costume is just too. . . stupid?
Why are you watching the S2 of the anime that you loathe?
¬‿¬ And give the suggestions board some love please.

An idea similar to my suggestion here got implemented but because of another guy. But I get to enjoy its benefits. So I Got That Goin' For Me, Which is Nice.

| Main characters on anime pages | Merge double posts |

08-30-11, 11:29 AM

Dudewitbow said:
interesting movie, ending followed a naruto-esque movie ending where main lead gets a power you never see again to win
Yea T.T I like that armor alot.

Oh btw Kokuto got Hijikata's voice lol. Sound exactly the same :>
Too bad Hitsugaya got not much screen time. Enjoyed the movie :D

08-30-11, 11:45 AM

-When he got wounded and lost his robe again and again, he always lost the same parts and had left the right arm and the lower parts. Coincidence?

-If that was the completed non-evil hollowification armor it strikes a question. Can he use it outside of Hell again?

-Kokuto thought he could escape Hell by losing the chains, but since Ichigo could overpower him, he got a lot more chains, which lead to him kinda being an idiot getting Ichigo there.

-Had kinda expected to see Kokuto's sister at some point, or some more 'history' about her, maybe something that Kokuto did was the reason why they killed her etc.

-'Golden Armor' again. If that armor was completed, it didn't look completed. If it's partial, I wonder what it'll look like completed.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

08-30-11, 11:59 AM

That was an amazing movie. Amazing battles and music. Probably the best anime movies I've seen. I loved it.

08-30-11, 5:52 PM

Awesome movie, hell armor looked a little funny on Ichigo... but all in all great experience!

Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices