MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Bleach: Jigokuhen Episode 1 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Bleach: Jigokuhen »» Bleach: Jigokuhen Episode 1 Discussion

Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Bleach: Jigokuhen Episode 1 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

69 50.74%
4 out of 5: Liked it

27 19.85%
3 out of 5: It was OK

28 20.59%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

7 5.15%
1 out of 5: Hated it

5 3.68%
Voters: 136

08-26-11, 11:11 PM

That was freaking Epic anyone else notice the new soundtrack version for "Number one" when Ichigo dives into hell to stop Kakuto?

10/10
Didn't like ichigo's Hell form tho. They should of had ichigo gain control of his vasto lorde and control hell that way I mean he pretty much looks like a demon king in his vasto lorde form.

PhantomEX said:
anyone else thought this movie was more violent than usual, i mean people getting squished, burned, limbs falling off etc.

Yeah I thought it was pretty violent when Renji smooshed that dude he was fighting then smiled about it O_O I was like "Who is the good guy here?"
Modified by VioLink, 08-26-11, 11:16 PM

08-27-11, 12:42 AM

they just got my hopes up by showin ulquiora.....it was ....so normal...
Dudewitbow said:
interesting movie, ending followed a naruto-esque movie ending where main lead gets a power you never see again to win

yeaah...thats what i tought
i liked the previous movie moar..
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

08-27-11, 2:16 AM

i one really enjoyed this movie , been action, some fights , great animation but the only thing i kinda hated about was the soundtrack - something was missing
~ In the yaoi world? ~

08-27-11, 2:31 AM

Note spoilers below. However if your reading this thread it probably doesn't matter.

It was kind of interesting... However I couldn't help but ask 'where are the skateboards?' when ichigo kicked the crap out of those three punks. Then the ghost was a boy rather than the little girl and I realized it was simply a new version... Apparently the boy also got run over? No explanation as to why his shrine happened to be by the roadside. Or why he looked very similar to the parrot kid.

Nothing new. Again and again throughout the film important plot points, dilemma's, and problem's, were introduced and then solved... Sometimes Mere Seconds Later. It was helter skelter and crazed; I'm glad that Ishida got a bit more screen time and a new attack... However I definitely won't be buying it...

Honestly I found that I was actually more attached to 'kuboto' or whatever his name was then I was Ichigo freaking out over his sister. He's just done it so many times now without any real growth in personality. Whereas the villian was actually grieving; Ichigo was just raving as usual.

The main villian's character reminded me a bit too much of grim's design and personality. The only difference being burns replacing hollowified bone. Even his attack style is similar while still using a sword. You could probably stack the two characters and come out with a mirror image with some small adjustments in color scheme.

No objections really; Grim was easily one of my favorite villians.

That being said it wasn't a waste of an hour and a half... In fact I rather enjoyed it; what the fan subs failed to cover I managed to fill in rather easily... After all it's not like we haven't heard all these lines before... Again and Again.

Lol. Good stuff; I think I gave it a 7 or 8. Diamond dust was better by far; but then it had Toshiro as a main so that was pretty much inevitable.

I'm still waiting for a movie focusing on Kenpachi somehow reaching stage 1 release. He has to be training after all; for his rematch with Ichigo. Once he gets his powers back... Again... Or is this the third time? I think I've lost count...

08-27-11, 7:38 AM

Kittyman said:

wonder why I was expecting to see Espadas...

This.
And I found the movie to be somewhat anti-climatic.It builds up pretty nicely until
Anime loves and Knows you....

08-27-11, 8:45 AM

Just finished watching this movie with subs! And I also thought that there would be espadas because in the trailer it showed Ulquiorra, but that was all at the beginning D: I liked the whole movie overall, it wasn't by favorite, but it had a nice plot and stuff :) Just one thing that confused me was: How did Kokuto even know about Ichigos hollow powers in the first place? He said that he recalled them from a memory, but how was he even there to see it?

08-27-11, 9:00 AM

Sooooo what happen to Yuzas chain ???? it just disappeared ..... ??? Did i miss a part which explained wtf happened, everyone's like she's not going to make it then her chain disappears and Byakuya Kuchiki with his troubled look ? Hes like i know something about that but you know what im not going to explain it lol

08-27-11, 9:26 AM

I enjoyed it about as much as I expected to. I probably liked the 3rd movie a bit more, but this was entertaining enough. Yes, of course there are going to be plot holes, this is Bleach remember. I don't know what happened to all those bad guys, they regenerated a few times then stopped? What else, I liked the soundtrack which brought back great songs like Soundscape to Ardor and that one with operatic singing. I also liked Orahime's new outfit.

"If you were to turn into a snake tomorrow and begin devouring humans, and from the same mouth you started devouring humans, you cried out to me 'I love you,' would I still be able to say 'I love you' the same way I do today?"

08-27-11, 9:45 AM

Definitly 1 of the best bleach movies. Loved the Number One soundtrack at the end also

08-27-11, 11:05 AM

I gave it a 8/10 it was pretty good except i wished the fighting with his new
transformation would last longer. Plus the fact when he de-activates the powers
all of them are immediately attacked is kinda funny at the end.

08-27-11, 2:11 PM

wasnt thee an episode in bleach for this movie involving espadas? i swear i though we were gonna fight them.
anyway, i actually enjoyed watching this movie a lot, im probably gonna watch it again soon.
also animation was extremely good.

08-27-11, 2:57 PM

just watch it...boring...even more boring than boring.

08-27-11, 4:00 PM

I'm just gonna note here that they couldn't possibly show Ichigo gaining control over his hollow form since it's not happened in the canon series (that is to say, it would introduce discontinuity in a work that is already discontinuous with the main series). Nor, of course, are they going to show him using Post-Jinzen Bankai since that hasn't happened yet, either (and it would make the entire movie so one-sided - he'd just wipe the floor with everybody).

Also, best animation of all the Bleach movies, without a doubt. I expected awesome fights and got exactly what I wanted, so 5/5 from me.

Edit: And before I forget, this is the best Bleach soundtrack of all time, bar none.

08-27-11, 6:02 PM

The best Bleach movie, still crap!

08-27-11, 7:00 PM

meh this movie was ok i guess, nothin special or anything. Hell Armor Ichigo looked pretty badass, but the fight that ensued after was too short and a bit anticlimactic. his 100% hollow form still trumps all in badassness imo though.

If you could get good information so easily, ninjas wouldn't have a job, dood...

08-27-11, 7:02 PM

This movie was too shounen for me; WAAAAY too shounen. That new, super, duper, mega, awesome form at the end (at least Kubo thought of it that way) was just ridiculous. The only actual part of the movie that I liked was the revamped fight between Hollow Ichigo and Ulquiorra. Honestly, the animation, and art in that 2 minute clip was just amazing. Overall, the only thing this movie had going for it, which was the hollow aspect, turned out to be a complete let down. I hated how Ichigo was so reluctant to use his Hollow mask. It was like, when he accidentally put it on all he could think to himself was "WHAT!? I don't use this shit EVAR!" Ichigo should have been spamming that crap left and right! And the fact that the enemy wanted Ichigo to go into that V2 Hollow form kind of killed it. It would have been way nicer if it was an unexpected transformation that made his enemy shit his pants all the way down to limbo. Plus the form was on-screen for like, what, a couple minutes? - tops! And all he did was spam cero's, not actually fight...

Gah, I'm getting to off-track with my complaints. Anyways, I give the movie 4/10 because of its opening scene, and mediocre fights (rating is subject to change; lower). Favorite Bleach movie is, and will continue to be, the first one. Bleach Memories of Nobody actually had a really good plot, with an excellent line up of characters, and a great atmosphere between Ichigo, and Senna.

I uploaded the only redeeming part of this movie; you're welcome:

08-27-11, 7:38 PM
News Team
Kokuto sounds like Ryuji (same seiyuu) more than Haruka Doumeki (which is more alike than Shizuka). He's such a nice person who turned into a sinner.

Sometimes Ishida sounds more like Akira Ishida than England's seiyuu.

Ichigo's "Sacred" Hell power is awesome.
Modified by tsubasalover, 08-27-11, 8:30 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

08-27-11, 7:46 PM

this is the best Bleach movie so far imo, the fights are awesome and the story while not top notch is still good for me

08-27-11, 9:21 PM

I liked the first Bleach film a lot more but this was ok.

Couple of the fights were pretty well done although too much cgi for my liking, hell backgrounds could have been done a lot better i mean random blocks? lazy.

Overall pretty much as expected.

08-28-11, 1:54 AM

Ichigo used judgement chain @-)

Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices