Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 24, 2011 2:18 PM

Jan 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Anyone else seen it yet?

Anyway, awesome movie! Definitely my favorite of the Bleach movies!
SerB3128Aug 24, 2011 2:30 PM
Aug 24, 2011 2:46 PM

Sep 2010
SerenityB3128 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
Anyone else seen it yet?

Glad to see others enjoying it so much : )

For me however, this was definitely my least favorite of the bleach movies. No captain fights, no new battle soundtracks, and personally way too much attention towards Ichigo's hollow form. I guess for the people who love or even worship Ichigo's hollow, then this is the movie for them, but I was never much of a fan.

2/5, wonder why I was expecting to see Espadas...
Aug 24, 2011 2:54 PM

Jan 2011
Kittyman said:
SerenityB3128 said:
Anyone else seen it yet?

For me however, this was definitely my least favorite of the bleach movies. No captain fights, no new battle soundtracks, and personally way too much attention towards Ichigo's hollow form. I guess for the people who love or even worship Ichigo's hollow, then this is the movie for them, but I was never much of a fan.

Yeah, I love Ichigo's hollow form...but that's just my opinion. I think it's pretty epic!

I liked the soundtrack. The whole movie had a new soundtrack... the songs they used in this movie hadn't been used in the show before.

Yeah, from the trailer I thought that Ichigo was going to see Ulquiorra again...like in Hell. But it was just a flashback.

Sorry that you didn't enjoy it as much D8
Which one is your favorite Bleach movie?
Aug 24, 2011 5:15 PM

Sep 2010
SerenityB3128 said:

Sorry that you didn't enjoy it as much D8
Which one is your favorite Bleach movie?

Well I feel I didn't it enjoy because its the only one without captain fights, and I SAW a preview (or something) of those hell guys EASILY owning Espadas numbers 8 and 9, yet they STILL got defeated by Renji, Ishida and Rukia, who could hardly fight those Espadas. Plus Rukia's victory felt like a freaking repeat...

I'm sure there were no new battle themes, even that final battle theme played before during the sealing of Aizen... hmm, since the movie did actually come out before that episode, I guess it is a new theme, lol : )

I personally liked the second movie the best. Loved it when the main villian powered up with the King's seal and then Kenpachi tried to attack him, but was quickly taken down. Just felt like that particular movie showed the strong points of so many characters. I especially like it when main villians are taken down through teamwork, NOT a freaking out of no where hax power-up. No offense :P
Aug 24, 2011 7:38 PM

May 2010
Love it! Goo plot, good art, good everything! ( tho i think it might could have hd a lil more awesomeness) i still loved it! now one of my fave bleach movies!
Ichigo was awesome! xD
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Aug 24, 2011 10:55 PM

Dec 2010
I think this is the best Bleach movie ever!!!!
In terms of one-man battle and quality, this is the best Bleach movie.
Plot is a little bit above average. But still, the quality. XD
I read Manga in both English and Chinese.
Aug 25, 2011 12:28 PM

Aug 2010
Ill give some credits to the originality especially with ichigo's form at the end and the fabulous OST
As much as i liked the amazing animations of the fights, i hated how not everyone appeared and fought D: at least toushirou got some screentime :3 the plot is way too obvious though
Plot rant:

Kittyman said:

Well I feel I didn't it enjoy because its the only one without captain fights, and I SAW a preview (or something) of those hell guys EASILY owning Espadas numbers 8 and 9, yet they STILL got defeated by Renji, Ishida and Rukia, who could hardly fight those Espadas. Plus Rukia's victory felt like a freaking repeat...

i watched the prologue too and for some reason i also thought espadas were gonna appear >_>; guess i got unintentionally trolled .__.;
anyways giving this 3.5/5 for the animations, OST, and ichigo's break down and full hollow form being in the movie :D
Aug 26, 2011 12:49 PM

Jun 2011
When I saw the Hell Guard, I though of this: http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Pirate_Robot
Still in the process of completing my list!
Aug 26, 2011 1:43 PM

Jul 2009
interesting movie, ending followed a naruto-esque movie ending where main lead gets a power you never see again to win

and yes for T.M revolution ED
If your going to complain that Yu-Gi-Oh! Mangas are on the top NY times manga best sellers, you must not realize how popular Card games are(as well as the fact that you get a free card).
Aug 26, 2011 2:06 PM

Nov 2010
ChaosAdvent said:
When I saw the Hell Guard, I though of this: http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Pirate_Robot

LOL SAME!
Aug 26, 2011 2:17 PM

Nov 2009
I was going crazy thinking who the real main villain sounded like then I saw the voice actor is also of Toshiro from Gintama and it all clicked.
Aug 26, 2011 2:24 PM

Apr 2011
OMG THIS WAS SUCH AN ANTICLIMACTIC MOVIE @_@.

I was hoping that there would be more Hollow rampage and that he would come to control the Hollow instead of getting some weird ass skull armor.

GODDAMMIT.
Aug 26, 2011 3:04 PM

Dec 2010
anyone else thought this movie was more violent than usual, i mean people getting squished, burned, limbs falling off etc.
Aug 26, 2011 3:44 PM

Feb 2010
Anyone got a sub group name?
Aug 26, 2011 4:40 PM

Jan 2011
XPhoenixJonanX said:
Paiguy said:
Anyone got a sub group name?

Here is a 720p version

http://www.filesonic.com/file/1767002574/

I would said is about 75 % percent accurate subs from my opinion, enjoy :p

You can also just get the streaming version on gogoanime.com
It has pretty decent quality and the subs are good
Aug 26, 2011 6:48 PM

Jun 2010
Finally got around to watching this. it was good, but not the best bleach movie. Thing is, I probably would have enjoyed it more and wouldn't of had as high expectations if the movies wasn't hyped up so much before its release.
Aug 26, 2011 6:59 PM

Aug 2009
it was decent just like most Bleach movies.
Aug 26, 2011 7:03 PM

Jun 2009
Watched the 720p J-S version. Subs arn't too bad, small areas arnt subbed, and some things arn't worded the best.. but if your a anime vet like me it doesn't effect the experience much. This movies fights are *very* pleasing, while the story was so-so, enough to get by imo.

Loved how they handled fights when multiple fights were going on in the same area, having a dude get knocked back by a strong attack, to transition into him seen in the background crashing into the ground/cliffs ect of another fight was some nice stuff :)
Aug 26, 2011 10:40 PM

Apr 2011
The story was pretty weak overall, but the fights were amazing and the animation was top-notch. They really upped the hell out of the production values for the battles; even Ichigo v Ulquiorra was gorgeously re-animated, with more fluid movements throughout. For an hour and a half of battle pr0n, a pretty nice ride. Even had some nekkid Rukia fanservice.

I watched the NoGrp subs, which weren't too bad either (may have been the same subs as J-S actually, since some of the wording was off and there was one patch when the Shinigami were talking that Hitsugaya and whatsisname's lines didn't get subbed at all). I look forward to a Blu-Ray release, since it'll probably have official subs on it (maybe even an early English dub, like Unicorn).

I dunno if it was worth the hype, and the year or two of waiting ... but I'm glad I finally got to see it in fansubbed glory. :)
Aug 26, 2011 11:11 PM

Jan 2011
That was freaking Epic anyone else notice the new soundtrack version for "Number one" when Ichigo dives into hell to stop Kakuto?

10/10
Didn't like ichigo's Hell form tho. They should of had ichigo gain control of his vasto lorde and control hell that way I mean he pretty much looks like a demon king in his vasto lorde form.

PhantomEX said:
anyone else thought this movie was more violent than usual, i mean people getting squished, burned, limbs falling off etc.

Yeah I thought it was pretty violent when Renji smooshed that dude he was fighting then smiled about it O_O I was like "Who is the good guy here?"
VioLinkAug 26, 2011 11:16 PM
[center]
Aug 27, 2011 12:42 AM

Sep 2008
they just got my hopes up by showin ulquiora.....it was ....so normal...
Dudewitbow said:
interesting movie, ending followed a naruto-esque movie ending where main lead gets a power you never see again to win

yeaah...thats what i tought
i liked the previous movie moar..
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Aug 27, 2011 2:16 AM

Aug 2008
i one really enjoyed this movie , been action, some fights , great animation but the only thing i kinda hated about was the soundtrack - something was missing
The spider is watching
Aug 27, 2011 2:31 AM
Jul 2007
Note spoilers below. However if your reading this thread it probably doesn't matter.

It was kind of interesting... However I couldn't help but ask 'where are the skateboards?' when ichigo kicked the crap out of those three punks. Then the ghost was a boy rather than the little girl and I realized it was simply a new version... Apparently the boy also got run over? No explanation as to why his shrine happened to be by the roadside. Or why he looked very similar to the parrot kid.

Nothing new. Again and again throughout the film important plot points, dilemma's, and problem's, were introduced and then solved... Sometimes Mere Seconds Later. It was helter skelter and crazed; I'm glad that Ishida got a bit more screen time and a new attack... However I definitely won't be buying it...

Honestly I found that I was actually more attached to 'kuboto' or whatever his name was then I was Ichigo freaking out over his sister. He's just done it so many times now without any real growth in personality. Whereas the villian was actually grieving; Ichigo was just raving as usual.

The main villian's character reminded me a bit too much of grim's design and personality. The only difference being burns replacing hollowified bone. Even his attack style is similar while still using a sword. You could probably stack the two characters and come out with a mirror image with some small adjustments in color scheme.

No objections really; Grim was easily one of my favorite villians.

That being said it wasn't a waste of an hour and a half... In fact I rather enjoyed it; what the fan subs failed to cover I managed to fill in rather easily... After all it's not like we haven't heard all these lines before... Again and Again.

Lol. Good stuff; I think I gave it a 7 or 8. Diamond dust was better by far; but then it had Toshiro as a main so that was pretty much inevitable.

I'm still waiting for a movie focusing on Kenpachi somehow reaching stage 1 release. He has to be training after all; for his rematch with Ichigo. Once he gets his powers back... Again... Or is this the third time? I think I've lost count...
Aug 27, 2011 7:38 AM

Apr 2009
Kittyman said:

wonder why I was expecting to see Espadas...

This.
And I found the movie to be somewhat anti-climatic.It builds up pretty nicely until
Aug 27, 2011 8:45 AM

Aug 2010
Just finished watching this movie with subs! And I also thought that there would be espadas because in the trailer it showed Ulquiorra, but that was all at the beginning D: I liked the whole movie overall, it wasn't by favorite, but it had a nice plot and stuff :) Just one thing that confused me was: How did Kokuto even know about Ichigos hollow powers in the first place? He said that he recalled them from a memory, but how was he even there to see it?
Aug 27, 2011 9:00 AM
Jan 2008
Sooooo what happen to Yuzas chain ???? it just disappeared ..... ??? Did i miss a part which explained wtf happened, everyone's like she's not going to make it then her chain disappears and Byakuya Kuchiki with his troubled look ? Hes like i know something about that but you know what im not going to explain it lol
Aug 27, 2011 9:26 AM

Apr 2011
I enjoyed it about as much as I expected to. I probably liked the 3rd movie a bit more, but this was entertaining enough. Yes, of course there are going to be plot holes, this is Bleach remember. I don't know what happened to all those bad guys, they regenerated a few times then stopped? What else, I liked the soundtrack which brought back great songs like Soundscape to Ardor and that one with operatic singing. I also liked Orahime's new outfit.
Aug 27, 2011 9:45 AM

Feb 2008
Definitly 1 of the best bleach movies. Loved the Number One soundtrack at the end also

Aug 27, 2011 11:05 AM

Aug 2011
I gave it a 8/10 it was pretty good except i wished the fighting with his new
transformation would last longer. Plus the fact when he de-activates the powers
all of them are immediately attacked is kinda funny at the end.
Aug 27, 2011 2:11 PM

Jul 2010
wasnt thee an episode in bleach for this movie involving espadas? i swear i though we were gonna fight them.
anyway, i actually enjoyed watching this movie a lot, im probably gonna watch it again soon.
also animation was extremely good.

Aug 27, 2011 2:57 PM

Feb 2008
just watch it...boring...even more boring than boring.
Aug 27, 2011 4:00 PM

Feb 2009
I'm just gonna note here that they couldn't possibly show Ichigo gaining control over his hollow form since it's not happened in the canon series (that is to say, it would introduce discontinuity in a work that is already discontinuous with the main series). Nor, of course, are they going to show him using Post-Jinzen Bankai since that hasn't happened yet, either (and it would make the entire movie so one-sided - he'd just wipe the floor with everybody).

Also, best animation of all the Bleach movies, without a doubt. I expected awesome fights and got exactly what I wanted, so 5/5 from me.

Edit: And before I forget, this is the best Bleach soundtrack of all time, bar none.
Aug 27, 2011 6:02 PM

Dec 2007
The best Bleach movie, still crap!
Aug 27, 2011 7:00 PM

Jan 2009
meh this movie was ok i guess, nothin special or anything. Hell Armor Ichigo looked pretty badass, but the fight that ensued after was too short and a bit anticlimactic. his 100% hollow form still trumps all in badassness imo though.

If you could get good information so easily, ninjas wouldn't have a job, dood...
Aug 27, 2011 7:02 PM

Oct 2009
This movie was too shounen for me; WAAAAY too shounen. That new, super, duper, mega, awesome form at the end (at least Kubo thought of it that way) was just ridiculous. The only actual part of the movie that I liked was the revamped fight between Hollow Ichigo and Ulquiorra. Honestly, the animation, and art in that 2 minute clip was just amazing. Overall, the only thing this movie had going for it, which was the hollow aspect, turned out to be a complete let down. I hated how Ichigo was so reluctant to use his Hollow mask. It was like, when he accidentally put it on all he could think to himself was "WHAT!? I don't use this shit EVAR!" Ichigo should have been spamming that crap left and right! And the fact that the enemy wanted Ichigo to go into that V2 Hollow form kind of killed it. It would have been way nicer if it was an unexpected transformation that made his enemy shit his pants all the way down to limbo. Plus the form was on-screen for like, what, a couple minutes? - tops! And all he did was spam cero's, not actually fight...

Gah, I'm getting to off-track with my complaints. Anyways, I give the movie 4/10 because of its opening scene, and mediocre fights (rating is subject to change; lower). Favorite Bleach movie is, and will continue to be, the first one. Bleach Memories of Nobody actually had a really good plot, with an excellent line up of characters, and a great atmosphere between Ichigo, and Senna.

I uploaded the only redeeming part of this movie; you're welcome:

Aug 27, 2011 7:38 PM

Nov 2007
Kokuto sounds like Ryuji (same seiyuu) more than Haruka Doumeki (which is more alike than Shizuka). He's such a nice person who turned into a sinner.

Sometimes Ishida sounds more like Akira Ishida than England's seiyuu.

Ichigo's "Sacred" Hell power is awesome.
tsubasaloverAug 27, 2011 8:30 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 27, 2011 7:46 PM

Jan 2009
this is the best Bleach movie so far imo, the fights are awesome and the story while not top notch is still good for me
Aug 27, 2011 9:21 PM

Aug 2010
I liked the first Bleach film a lot more but this was ok.

Couple of the fights were pretty well done although too much cgi for my liking, hell backgrounds could have been done a lot better i mean random blocks? lazy.

Overall pretty much as expected.
Aug 28, 2011 1:54 AM

Jan 2009
Ichigo used judgement chain @-)
Aug 28, 2011 5:26 AM

Mar 2011
Satudo said:

Honestly I found that I was actually more attached to 'kuboto' or whatever his name was then I was Ichigo freaking out over his sister. He's just done it so many times now without any real growth in personality. Whereas the villian was actually grieving; Ichigo was just raving as usual.

Same here..not much of a fan of Ichigo in general. Can't imagine him ever accepting that a loved one of his dies. It's pretty much unreal territory for him. That bothers me a bit. He needs to find the resolve to fight and not gain super strength when he freaks out or comes to some resolution that concludes in protecting every single creature on the damn planet. whatevs. Just my opinion.

-felt much more attached to Kokuto(?) as I could really see where he was coming from. What corrupted him.
-but the plot really disappointed me. After watching the trailer and the episode preview I got my hopes up looking forward to this epic journey to hell. The second time back really lost my interest. Too predictable!!
-BUT, the animation was indeed impressive. I just wished...uhh. Feels like it's missing something for me. ;(

-yeah, don't see most of my hopes coming true in the Bleach franchise...seems like it'll always have the same plot repeating again and again with new layers on top. (Ichigo gains a new power and saves the day).

-OHH, and was hoping for Final Getsuga Tenshou to kick in..but...T^T
(7/10)
LoonyLimboAug 28, 2011 5:47 AM
Aug 28, 2011 5:42 AM

May 2011
pree zakon! :33
for me this is the best movie so far <3 - 5/5
i liked all the scenec but my favv is definetly the begining flashbk :DD
but what keeps me bugging is, whats with yuzu?! we all saw that ichigo didn't broke her chain like with the rest of his friends ! so now i wonder did she maybe inherit afterall some shinigami powers from their dad and since she still can't see spirits or sense reishi maybe its some kind of a different , hiden power... this is just me speculating but i wonder did u guys maybe thought something similar or else? even byakuya had some strange look on his face when yuzu recovered...
Aug 28, 2011 12:57 PM

Jul 2007
I was hoping for mindscape with the Hollow inside Ichigo, but apparently, everything else was more important. :( Meh.

Loved how FODDER Chad was though. He does his job well. xD
きみ は だれ だい?
ぼく は ラムボ!
ぼく は だれ だい?
きみ は ラムボ!
ラムボ なんでし!
Aug 28, 2011 3:17 PM

Jun 2009
So bc of the Hell Chapter in the manga and that special ep., I was under the impression that Shuren was the main villain... he had like 2 min. of screen time then disappeared never 2 be seen again.

Did I miss something? One sec. he was fighting Ichigo then he was gone. Where's the closure?
Aug 28, 2011 6:18 PM

Dec 2008
not bad, atleast some emotional variety
dank meme
Aug 28, 2011 8:10 PM

Sep 2010
I thought that this was completely silly, but the animation was nice.
Aug 28, 2011 8:30 PM

Mar 2011
Hmmmm, well, that was a fun ride, dont get me wrong. It's always good to see Chad and Ishda whenever we can (and Orihime, but she gets more screen time then those two anyway), along with the grass-roots opening bit (after Ulquiorra) with Ichigo kicking a coupla punks for knocking over a memento for the dead.

Things that did bug though, we're Yuzu suddenly getting better. Even the way Byakuya lost his composure (you know somethings up when he does that) and rushed out, I thought they were going to make something of it, but then it just skipped along to Ichigo going back to hell. I mean, if Orihime, who can 'undo the works of God' can't remove the chains, then surely it'd require some sort of special task to undo the chains like destroying the source of them in hell or something, not just for them to fizzle like nothing. Without even Yamato saying 'oh yeah, that can happen in rare circumstances'. Nothing.

Also, the whole thing with Kukoto saying 'you dont need to destroy the gates of hell, just my chains. So he goads ichigo into destroying the gates of hell. Then Ichigo comes back promising to defeat him, and breaks his chains. That bit did make me berate the screen for Ichigo being a numpty. But all was okay, because Hell just covered Kukoto in chains anyway. So, was Ichigo actually needed at all or did he just make things worse?

Also, when Toshiro mentioned they'd only made repairs to the hell gate yesterday, I was all like 'Ooh, thats what Isshins meeting was all about (imagining him and Urahara drinking somewhere while prepping the maintenance)' but I guess not as they never mentioned it again.

And it seems while shinigami have no control directly over hell, Ichigo is very compatible and ended up looking like an overseer of hell. So he's part human, part shinigami, part hollow, part hell guardian and

Since Bleach is the place for wild predictions, I now reckon that Isshin is actually the soul king making Ichigo some sort of super power-over-all messiah and God in training!
Aug 28, 2011 8:33 PM

Jan 2008
Someone mind explaining how Yuzu's chain disappeared? Through sheer willpower?

Anyways, I hated that design for that golden skull armor or w/e Ichigo used. It was pretty ugly. I was expecting a non-eviler version of his full hallowfication, but no.. some ugly armor of golden skulls.

Everyone was pretty useless in the movie as well other than Ichigo (since the series/movie revolves around him).

Overall, I found the movie a lot better than their past movies (other than Memories of Nobody) but could have been better.
Aug 29, 2011 5:12 AM

Jan 2008
This was well animated and overall a solid movie - a rather nice surprise. Also, +10 points for Rukia naked in chains.
Aug 29, 2011 3:19 PM

Mar 2010
Kittyman said:
SerenityB3128 said:
Anyone else seen it yet?

I was expecting too...it strated with ulquiorra after all...i thought espadas came from hell to get revenge or something...it was surprise...i missed captains too...just appears almost the end...do nothing..
Aug 29, 2011 5:48 PM

Jan 2010
ill give Animation a 10, Story a 3(come on was there really any?), fighting 10 and beyond, soundtrack 9(meh some of it is same old same old). Honestly the best part was the very start with Vasto Lorde Ichigo vs final form Ullquiorra. I loved it when I saw it during the series and I bout spazed out of my pant seeing it reanimated. Overall, like most, I view Memories of Nobody the best, followed by Diamondust Rebellion, and then this. Otherwise this was only great for seeing mass action and thats it. Overall Ill give it a 8 just cause of the action and soundtrack.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Story?

KaeroSnow - Oct 9, 2010

4 by HozayfaHB »»
Aug 4, 2023 8:51 AM

» For those who have watched the new theatrical run of Hell verse...

MKTun - Aug 25, 2022

3 by cchigu »»
Aug 26, 2022 7:53 AM

» Do i have to watch episode 299 first?

El-Psy__Congroo - Aug 17, 2022

4 by zyume »»
Aug 17, 2022 11:13 PM

» Hell-Verse anniversary AMC theatres re-release?!

Zen98 - Jul 2, 2022

2 by YusufRed »»
Jul 2, 2022 10:46 AM

» Bleach "That's Impossbile"

-Madara- - Feb 14, 2013

17 by Mack_Yeager »»
May 11, 2021 12:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.