Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
itazurana Kiss
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 21, 2008 5:08 AM

Mar 2008

this is the best episode since the series started is!
Sep 26, 2008 10:43 PM

Feb 2007
I liked the old ED, but the new one was even better!

Been a while since I watched Ep 12, but I do remember not liking it very much. This episode was a lot better, despite the disjointed pacing.
Dec 3, 2008 5:22 PM

Oct 2008
This was the best episode so far :]
Lots of love and story development. I was getting so sick of just having Kotoko mope around after Naoki, but finally some shred of hope!
I also really like the new ending theme
Dec 21, 2008 5:08 PM

Jan 2008
Urk, when Chris talks it's like my whole body hurts, wherever it's engrish or japanese. It sounds so horrible! The way she ends some of her sentences with "deshou" sounds so wrong! I hope she soon goes back home to the country she came from, wherever that is. It can't be any country where you talk english or japanese anyway. Even though I love Goto Yuko's voice, she is really good at making her voice sound horrible.
DarkBlueDec 21, 2008 5:35 PM
Feb 8, 2009 7:43 AM

Dec 2008
depressing epsiode with a good development of both characters and the story...

the new ending confused me at first, i thought its part of the episode... hehe.
Mar 29, 2009 9:44 PM

Jun 2008
Sooo... I may or may not have bawled like a baby all through this episode. I think maybe I need more sleep lol.. x_x

Apr 23, 2009 8:28 AM

Jul 2007
kinda got disappointed after seeing that the one who kissed kotoko was naoki after all and not yuuki :/
would have been way more interesting with brothers fighting , of course yuuki is kinda little , but still would have been fun xD
Jun 17, 2009 7:40 AM

Mar 2009
Im really confuse what Irie wants, he always play Kotoko's heart. Geez
Sep 1, 2009 11:19 PM

Aug 2008
Interesting episode. I feel sorry for Kin-chan, but he was too forceful D:

*Sigh* I wonder why things like this (when Irie and Kotoko meet) really happen? :(

I liked the new ED :)

Mar 7, 2010 2:39 PM

Jan 2010
damn, am i the only one who teared up at the Kin collasping scene?!
that was so sad >.< damn you, kotoko! kin is a good man! at least dump him nicely!
Aug 27, 2010 5:21 PM

Aug 2010
this is the first anime where i do not like the couple pairing. I just feel so bad for Kin chan. hes liked her for 5 years and he makes her happy,smile,hes fun to be around, and hes proven dozens of times that hes serious about her. Irie, kotoko, and kin chan are perfect examples of how things are these days. Good guys never win, its always the asshole that makes her cry and unhappy that gets her. this is bullshit
"A lesson without pain is meaningless. That's because no one can gain without sacrificing something. But by enduring that pain and overcoming it, he shall obtain a powerful, unmatched heart. A fullmetal heart."
Jan 6, 2011 3:22 PM

Aug 2010
nicoliolipoli said:
that was so sad >.< damn you, kotoko! kin is a good man! at least dump him nicely!

you're not alone, I started weeping since I saw that the person who kissed Kotoko in the garden was Irie (I really thought it was his brother!)

Best ep ever <3
Jan 29, 2011 11:54 AM

Aug 2009
Poor Kin.
May 4, 2011 5:30 PM
Jul 2018
god dam, i feel so bad for kin. right now, i couldnt even care less about the main characters -

:[ sad ep is sad
Jul 16, 2011 11:55 PM
Jul 2011
[Potential Spoilers: Episodes 1-13]

What... what is wrong with most of you people? v.v

This anime is pissing me off more than School Days, which at least had a fitting ending. I'll actually be mildly uplifted if they fit a 'nice boat' ending into this series somehow... >.> ...It's the anime that finally forced me to make an account for this site because I couldn't stand silently by while everyone else prattled on like a Twilight fan club.

The only thing that's keeping me in this anime is that I like all the peripheral stuff that's happening around the main characters, which is usually amusing and keeps my attention enough that it will probably force me to finish the rest despite my disgust. I lost any investment in this show's main premise, i.e. the supposed ‘relationship’ growing between Kotoko and Naoki, ever since episode 7‘s terrible ending. I’d have no problem with the guy if he just turned down the confession and that was the end of it. I’d have no problem with the girl if she cried herself to sleep for a few nights after being turned down by her first love before learning to move on. But no, then we wouldn’t have this ’fabulous’ series, would we?

Instead the situation is dragged out kicking and screaming as Naoki treats Kotoko like crap and never gives more than a few passing glimpses that he might be even halfway human and know how to act with a little tact, let alone being a nice guy which I can‘t recall him ever hinting at in any of his actions up to this point. All the while Kotoko is strung along by her feelings and like some dumb clod she continues to endure the constant dehumanizing abuse because maybe, just maybe, Naoki will stop treating her like an insect and after that love obviously can’t be far behind, right? Finally a little realization seems to seep its way in that maybe Naoki isn’t such a nice guy when he publicly humiliates her by treating her feelings as a public joke. But when it seems like she’s finally realized that this guy is toxic and she needs to get away, he totally forces himself on her and steals her first kiss, just so he can string her along some more. By the way, isn’t that like the second time he’s teased her with implied rape? The first time was at the house in Naoki’s room and now he forces her to kiss him. Keep staying classy, Itazura… -.-

But even that didn’t flip my rage switch all the way into permanent ‘on’ position, because there was a faint sliver of hope. If Kotoko eventually did realize that Naoki was no good for her and tried to move on with her life, forcing the guy to undergo some real personality changes and solid character development throughout a portion of the series as he has to try and win back her affections then I would have consented and given this series a pass. But no… *sigh* …nope, apparently all the massive prick had to do was gradually realize “Hey, that girl I’ve treated like garbage and publicly gone on record as hating for the last umpteen episodes of this series is starting to grow on me a little. Good thing she‘s so head over heels for me that I can have her anytime. Might as well give her a shot, I guess.” There hasn’t been a single scene between the two of them where Naoki’s done any more than treat her with a modicum of decency (i.e. thanking her for helping his brother get to the hospital that one time for instance, something that doesn’t indicate that he’s a nice guy or treating Kotoko any better but that he simply knows when to show a little gratitude when someone saved the life of a member of his family). Now if the preview to the next episode is any indication they’re going to hook up from here on out. Yup, no character development, no retribution for how Naoki’s been acting since the beginning of the series. He likes her now and that makes everything okay.

I mean, am I missing something here? This is a shōjo series primarily aimed at a female audience, not a genre I’m particularly familiar with. Is this the kind of relationship girls like to see in anime? Are these the kinds of characters you want to cheer for? A thoroughly love struck airhead, blinded by her feelings to the point of battered woman syndrome, and a guy who keeps her around just so he can string her along and abuse her? I only ask because this is mildly reminding me of the early episodes of Kaichō wa Maid-sama! (a series I had to drop early on because there wasn’t enough interesting stuff happening on the sidelines to keep my attention after I gave up caring about the relationship plotline, so I have no idea if it gets better or not), one of the few other shōjo I have any experience with. I normally shrug off anime that I don’t like because, hey, it’s just a show, you either like it or you hate it and then you move on. But if this forum is any indication of what real life people think of this show and it’s events than it’s more than a little depressing.

As an amusing tidbit and lighter note on which to close that demonstrates a distinct contrast between shōjo and male-oriented anime: the character model used for the male lead in this anime would make a very convincing villain in your standard shōnen/seinen. Don’t believe me? Compare him with Raito from Death Note for starters. The intelligence, the charisma, the cold personality, the tendency to use and abuse people. Hell, they’re drawn the same, just look at their cynical soulless eyes.
Oct 29, 2011 12:25 AM

Aug 2011
such a beautiful episode looks like he likes her after all. had me shedding a couple man tears :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 17, 2012 9:34 PM
May 2008
Ah ! ~ My favorite episode. I really like how Naoki has a secret romantic side to him underneath that cold exterior ~
Jul 24, 2012 5:20 AM

May 2008
@Vanga

YES. Completely agree with all your points. I'm so perplexed how any one can root for Naoki when he's been such a dickhead the entire series so far. Treating her like shit 90% of the time? Stealing a kiss while she's asleep? joking about raping her? Is that really acceptable behavior?

Can't believe how people are commenting "ZOMG BEST EPISODE EVER" , what kind of mindset is that?
Sep 22, 2012 9:28 PM

Sep 2011
We were so close to getting Kin-chanXKotoko!
I don't understand what Naoki sees in Kotoko, she's completely obsessed over him and so far she's just been a plain-looking, dumb, socially awkward, annoyance to him, and I don't see why his feelings would change toward her.
I don't understand what Kotoko sees in Naoki, aside from the obvious of course. Naoki may be handsome but he can't make her laugh nor is he a gentleman, which is much more important than looks I'd say.
Kin-chan gets a bit rapey but Naoki took advantage of her when she was sleeping so I'd say they're even.
EDIT: Read some of the other posts and I'm glad to see that not everyone is an idiot here
BryanBosslingSep 22, 2012 9:38 PM
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
Oct 10, 2012 6:57 PM

Jan 2012
the first half was stereotyping the british!

i really felt bad for kin-chan... poor kin-chan dedicated his working life for her
SemeticBoyMay 6, 2013 7:22 AM
May 6, 2013 10:53 AM
Nov 2012
The best episode up till now.
Jul 4, 2013 12:20 PM

May 2012
Awesome! So in that forest it was really Irie-kun that kissed her, so he really does have feelings for her... the ending with Kin was quite tragic for him but well she does make her point clear that she loves Irie! The ending where Irie was waiting in the rain for her was quite nice, I wonder what's next!

Nice new ED especially with the kiss in the end but disliking the music though.
Sep 25, 2013 1:36 PM

Aug 2010
Best episode so far. I really felt bad for Kin this episode. At least things are looking good for Irie and Kotoko again.
Sep 29, 2013 6:30 PM
Aug 2013
I liked this episode, but what is with the characters in this show?

Hopefully the characters redeem themselves later on.
Dec 10, 2013 5:07 AM
Mar 2013
I was waiting for the new ED and it blew me away, so cute it makes the heart throb!

Anyway, I'm glad Kotoko finally shut Kin up for good. He's a nice guy but he'd be better off with one of the other girls. Maybe even Christine xD That'd be a funny match to see.

Anyway, I can't for Irie and Kotoko to move forward in their relationship. Based on what I see from the ED it's going to get really romantic between these two. I can't wait :D
Aug 23, 2014 4:13 AM

Jul 2013
So it was Naoki who kissed her. I seriously thought it was Yuuki

Poor Kin-chan. Why did she have to lead him on?
Sep 2, 2014 7:59 AM

Nov 2012
I just love how the emotions are made in this anime. The amount of feelings which is being conveyed is just so ... real !
Sep 16, 2014 6:53 AM

Jun 2014
Up untill now, Kotoko has only been asking for the way Naoki was treating her. I can't help but to think that Kotoko really is too naive and if it turns out Naoki genuinely has feelings for her, he'll be listed as a hypocritcal bastard in my book.

Even worse is how Kotoko treats Kinnosuke. The way I see it, Kinnosuke is the real victim here. He's been crushing on her for the last 5 years now, working his butt off to make her feel happy and to be able to provide a good live for her, only to see his girl getting stolen by a heartless prick.
Sep 21, 2014 6:16 PM

Aug 2013
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn :3
That sweet fucker. That was such a smooth entry.

Well, from the ED, she really will become a nurse! And him a doctor.

That kiss from him surprised me. I was really sure that it was Yuuki that kissed her. Now, it make me rethink about Yuuki behavior in a totally different way.

Sorry Kin-chan, but you had no chance from the very beginning. You should have checked the cover of the show. I also lose respect for someone who attempt rape/force themself on someone.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Dec 27, 2014 8:32 AM

Jan 2013
I really love Naoki's mom!

So much feels in this episode. I like the new ED!

emeraldrosary said:
I'm glad Kotoko finally shut Kin up for good. He's a nice guy but he'd be better off with one of the other girls. Maybe even Christine xD That'd be a funny match to see.

Haha, that would be interesting!

||
Aug 3, 2015 9:33 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Well I feel bad for Kin. I know he tried to rape her or at least kiss her because well most of us are probably thinking Kin was going to rape her and not just forcefully kiss her only. That being said, his true feelings for Kotoko will forever be left untouched. Would have been great if those 2 hooked up, but sadly Kotoko loves Irie. The way he broke down in tears was sad. He worked hard for Kotoko, chef and working at cafeteria, give her a good future.

Moving on to Irie's mom. Selfish right there but hilarious. She pulled all the stops so that Chris won't marry Irie.

Preview shows everyone happy. Perhaps he confessed to Kotoko and she said yes. Seems like Kin's proposal was the last straw for Irie in terms of finally accepting Kotoko's feelings.

Nov 15, 2015 8:39 PM

Nov 2013
Hahaha Irie's mom was so mean to Christine and omg that ending at the train station it was sweet and all but damn even tho kin-chan could get annoying I feel bad for the poor guy he didn't do anything wrong I hope he gets justice in the end
"He's a player??? THE ONLY THING HE BE PLAYIN IS A HENTAI DATING SIM THAT FAKER"
Dec 31, 2015 1:45 AM
May 2015
loliterna said:
god dam, i feel so bad for kin. right now, i couldnt even care less about the main characters -

:[ sad ep is sad
IDontPlay247 said:
this is the first anime where i do not like the couple pairing. I just feel so bad for Kin chan. hes liked her for 5 years and he makes her happy,smile,hes fun to be around, and hes proven dozens of times that hes serious about her. Irie, kotoko, and kin chan are perfect examples of how things are these days. Good guys never win, its always the asshole that makes her cry and unhappy that gets her. this is bullshit
WickedHeroine said:
The character I loved most is Kin, he is the true hero, the tragic hero. I don't bother about the main leads now, I just want to see Kin happy.
MagEarwhig said:
@Vanga

YES. Completely agree with all your points. I'm so perplexed how any one can root for Naoki when he's been such a dickhead the entire series so far. Treating her like shit 90% of the time? Stealing a kiss while she's asleep? joking about raping her? Is that really acceptable behavior?

Can't believe how people are commenting "ZOMG BEST EPISODE EVER" , what kind of mindset is that?
Jan 6, 2017 12:18 AM

May 2014
Hahahahahaha Irie-kun mom really was so funny in this episode.
Apr 5, 2017 12:43 PM

Mar 2017
Yuuki is so cute when he blushed ohmahghaddddd.

Geez, Irie is so annoying.... why is he so afraid to show his true feelings ;w;

I feel so sorry for Kin-chan :'(((( my precious bbyyyy.

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Apr 27, 2017 10:47 AM
May 2010
Some people thought Kin was trying to rape her!? What, it was obvious he was trying to hug her, but she was struggling, and he realized he had hurt her which is why he's shooken up because he wanted to make her happy.

There was zero signs he was trying to do anything sexual with her beyond hugging, though it was an unwelcome hug at that moment and Kin realized that and the corresponding scene.
May 19, 2018 7:17 AM

Jul 2015
Irie's mother going full salt on him was hilarious.

Kin-chan went too far there due to his feelings, but everyone got hurt there in general, Irie went back after hearing that Kotoko went to see Kin, damn!

I also loved the reveal that Irie was actually the one who kissed Kotoko back then, looks like something really happened there then hehe.
Apr 7, 2019 2:38 PM

Feb 2018
I didn't think it could get worse than Irie, but his mom might be the worst.

So she desperately wants him to get together with Kotoko (why? she kinda sucks), and not only meddles in trying to get them together, but then tries to sabotage his relationship with Christine and insults her own son over and over in an effort to make Chrstine loathe her own son.

These characters are just the worst.
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
Jul 2, 2019 2:00 PM
Apr 2016
Wow. Naoki kissed her that time, holy heck, he really does like her! Kin forcing himself onto Kotoko like that was honestly just plain selfish, I'm glad she completely rejected him. It was sweet, Naoki running to Kotoko like that.
Apr 4, 2020 12:10 PM

Sep 2014
finally it's here - the ending theme song was why I wanted to watch this anime 😌
I've listened to it long time ago but never actually watched this show until recently. I actually didn't really like the first ED song I skipped that every time

« »
🔮 Tojo Nozomi
Washi Washi
Mar 6, 2023 12:05 PM
Nov 2020
Man it was a great episode finally naoki got jealous and took action
Tee~Heee 😜
Jul 2, 2023 8:26 AM

Jun 2015
The show has officially switched from high school love drama to grownups love drama. Kin is the second person with zero dignity in this show. First, it was a mistake to propose to Kotoko when he knew very well she was in love with another man. Second, he didn't look very good when he tried to force himself on her. Dude, if you are going to play this game, you should know very well that it's a slow and long game. You can't rush things.

That ice cube finally got it punched into his brilliant brain that Kotoko isn't a given and she could get stolen from him any time.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zvuc - May 15, 2008

115 by lanepaires »»
Feb 16, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

radiantfire - Apr 4, 2008

116 by Winsssvts »»
Jan 20, 3:33 AM

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kokujin-kun - Aug 10, 2008

87 by Mugiwara_san »»
Dec 5, 2023 8:18 AM

» What do u think guys if this Anime get a reboot version 🤔 like Fruits basket, Sailor moon

Chhaya_j27 - May 18, 2023

18 by Raegal1 »»
Nov 15, 2023 1:59 PM

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Jei_Ken - Sep 19, 2008

153 by AoiroBlueColor »»
Oct 11, 2023 7:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.