MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Trigun Episode 26 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Trigun »» Trigun Episode 26 Discussion

Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Trigun Episode 26 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

80 51.95%
4 out of 5: Liked it

48 31.17%
3 out of 5: It was OK

17 11.04%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

4 2.60%
1 out of 5: Hated it

5 3.25%
Voters: 154

06-19-10, 6:10 PM

That was a very satisfying ending.

Neat fight.

You can't blame the man for having a dream.

06-21-10, 10:01 PM

GREAT OST

06-24-10, 8:26 PM

Just an okay ending; could've been much better.

07-02-10, 3:01 PM

Wow, Really a good fight and ending ;D

08-22-10, 9:24 AM

Wow, the final battle Vash vs. Knives was excellent! Very impressive moves and strikes, the general dynamics... The most epic part of the battle was the Russian roulette-like moment, when both Vash and Knives unload their guns, but leave one bullet, load it back, aim each other and try to pull the trigger... Wonderful...

The ending? Well, I didn't expect Vash to spare Knives' life. I thought that Vash (unfortunately) would have broken his rules once again and killed him... In the other hand, I don't think that bringing Knives to the friends was a good idea... In my opinion Knives is too dangerous to let him meet the girls and live with them. He should have left him alone if he really wanted to "save" him...

08-24-10, 5:29 AM

*Looks out window with Trigun music in head*

*Thinks about ending*

*Small tear rolls down my cheek*

10 doesn't seem like a fair score, can I give it an 11?

09-01-10, 9:11 AM

I've said it before and I have to say it again. Why is every one of these twisted freaks after humans? I mean no species is perfect. Every species leeches off other species, except the producers (plants). So why go only after humans? O_o;

"What is this pain?" lol Knives is weird :P Vash should have told him this is the same pain those humans feel when you hurt them.

The ending was... dunno. So Vash spared Knives's life. He defeated him in combat. Am I to understand that a guy like Knives will not do everything within his power to get even with Vash? Like hurting Milly or Meryl?

The flashbacks posed a pacing problem. Just one montage of their life, as you see Vash approaching Knives body, would have been good.

There's a movie too? O_o; Okay, gotta get that.

H. R. Giger's Dark Bio-mechanical Fantasy by JasonBourne666

10-20-10, 10:36 PM

Good ending but the last few episode's felt a bit rushed to me ;\
There's still a lot of questions to be answered too.
I need a Epilogue :[

All in all great show 8/10, would've given it a 9/10 but i didn't like the last few episodes so...:)

11-06-10, 1:13 PM

A great fight, but I thought the ending would of gripped me more.

I feel as though the ending wasn't as good as some of the other scenes in the series, and the ending could of been much better.

It wasn't a bad ending, but I feel that it could of been amazing.

11-27-10, 10:28 AM

It exceed my expectations 8/10.

12-05-10, 9:18 AM

Excellent fight scenes, Vash and Knives synchorized perfectly together.
So in the end Vash finally came to his senses and figured out that while he will always remember what Rem taught him, he has to make and live with his own decisions. Leaving the red coat behind shows that he became his own person.
I really liked this anime and probably will re-watch it again for stuff that I didn't quite get this time around. Also enjoyed Milly and Meryl, they really complemented each other.
So...9/10.

12-11-10, 9:05 PM

Though Episodes 23 and 24 were the absolute peak of quality, the last two, as Vash comes to terms with all the difficulties he's had with his own morality system and decides not to kill Knives, were absolutely fantastic in a different way.

All the people who say Vash should've killed Knives make me laugh. No offense, but talk about completely missing the point.

Why does nearly every series I finish have somebody in the last episode complaining about someone and someone else not kissing? Midori Days, fine, it was a romantic comedy. But Welcome to the N.H.K.? TRIGUN? Really? Is romantic BS really that important that it needs to take over every single conclusion?

Oh, and 10/10, best anime ever made, even if I enjoy Higurashi a hair more.

01-15-11, 11:38 PM

Not the best ending, and I expected a lot more, being the last episode. I liked it, and the series in general. x)

<3

01-22-11, 4:24 PM

Eh, not my favorite but a good ending still.

I agree with SirHenryJon, I wish there had been a little more for Vash and Meryl. I'd be happy with a kiss on the cheek even!

01-30-11, 12:15 PM

That was boring...
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone

01-31-11, 12:36 PM

finally after 5 years of waiting i watched it !
it was really great full of morals which the new anime and society is unfotunately is lacking! great saying from rem carved in vashs heart
really very impressive anime and sayonara woodwulf>_<
i am going to watch the movie right now^0^
10/10

02-24-11, 4:48 AM

Unnecessary flashbacks ruined it a bit, but I still enjoyed the episode, the fighting part that is. It felt somewhat short though so I'd like to see an epilogue.
Overall, this turned out to be a very good anime; could've been a great one but those several episodes prior to this one made me give it 8/10 instead of 9/10. Anyway, I'm glad I've watched it, it's a classic and I'd recommend it to anyone even slightly interested in the world of anime.
On to the movie now...

02-24-11, 10:12 PM

After rewatching this I realized that Vash is kind of a dick. He contemplates bashing his brother's skull in, shoots him in the desert and abandons him, shoots him in the face with the super gun. Vash may be the savior of humanity, but Knives is definitely a nicer brother.

03-03-11, 2:39 PM

shadylookin said:
After rewatching this I realized that Vash is kind of a dick. He contemplates bashing his brother's skull in, shoots him in the desert and abandons him, shoots him in the face with the super gun. Vash may be the savior of humanity, but Knives is definitely a nicer brother.

Uh... I didn't get that at all.

03-04-11, 11:40 AM

shadylookin said:

Um, how is Knives a nicer brother? The guy purposefully KILLED hundreds of thousands of people because he felt they were below him.

Vash wanted to bash Knives in because he killed all of those people as well as the person he loved/looked up to the most, Rem. He shoots him in the desert because he's freaking angry. If someone killed the people you loved and whom raised you, wouldn't you be pissed?

Yet, he abandons Knives because a, he doesn't want to kill Knives because of what Rem said about life being precious, and b, if he stays around with Knives two things could happen: Knives could kill him or Vash could get angry enough to forgo what Rem said and just kill Knives.

You didn't see Knives hesitate to kill Vash in that last episode, did you? And Knives was SMILING a sadistic smile when he said that he killed everyone. Does that sound nice to you?

It sure doesn't to me.
"Someone once told me that, 'Friendships come with meetings, partings and reunions.' But how could you truly part with someone if they're always there...in your heart?"

Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices