MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Trigun Episode 26 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Trigun »» Trigun Episode 26 Discussion

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Trigun Episode 26 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

84 51.22%
4 out of 5: Liked it

52 31.71%
3 out of 5: It was OK

19 11.59%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

4 2.44%
1 out of 5: Hated it

5 3.05%
Voters: 164

07-02-08, 10:16 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
OK that wasn't the best ending ever, but it was still pretty good. I'm now adding this series to my favorites for I liked it a lot and I'm looking forward to the movie coming out next year. ^_^

07-11-08, 11:31 PM

Loved the fight, but the flashbacks were a bit annoying. I wish they spread them out earlier in the series. It kind of ruined the momentum for me. I was getting rather impatient during the first half of the episode. :P

07-14-08, 10:33 AM

Yeah, that fight was awesome. I was counting the number of times Vash had pulled the trigger when he had one bullet in his gun! I loved the tension on the last shot! Now I have to wait ages for the movie!
Your search on "Oran Solus" returned the following quotes:
"Oran Solus? I know him. What a wanker. He still owes me a tenner." Oscar Wilde
"Oran, you're so intelligent and awesome <3" Bakayaro
"Oran's sexy." LolitaDecay
"Oran is a sophisticated penguin." Drybananna
"Oran is a Hand-Eye you faggots." EddieSpaghetti
"Oran for Prime Minister." the_prime_one
"Oran is all that is stated in his sig and more." orbitzz

08-14-08, 7:00 PM

I liked the ending. Vash's character holds true. The flashback was pretty interesting since I was wondering what they did after they had landed on the planet.

Overall, Trigun gets an 8/10 from me. Vash is just awesome. Nothing else can really describe him.

I'm looking forward to the movie now. ^.^

Felli disapproves of this thread.

08-16-08, 6:48 PM

I really liked the flashback about Vash and Knives.

The last episode was really good. I was very impressed.
#1 YUGItard and Ryuuk's wife.

[ ] Me and Yuusei; we's like peas and carrots~ [ ]

09-13-08, 9:19 PM

i liked the first half of the episode more than second half dunno why, overall - 9/10 -

10-01-08, 4:28 PM

Not a huge fan of the ending, I was kinda left wanting to know more. So what happened to the characters and such. But overall I love the series and it'll always be one of my favorites of all time.

Can't wait for the movie to be released!! :D

01-15-09, 11:17 PM

The ending wasn't too satisfying for me, but nevertheless it was pretty good. Vash kept his head and everything seemed to be well in the end. But I get the feeling that something was missing..

Also loved the taoist symbolism, reflected from various motifs throughout the series. (In a cup of coffee in one of the previous episodes, the two "beams" colliding etc.) Got quite serious, this anime-serie was actually a lot better than I expected, a nice mixture of comic and drama, deep and not-so-deep etc.

I would've liked to see Meryl and Vash get a bit more intimate though. (Is one kiss too much to ask!) She's cute. :3

9/10 from me.

05-20-09, 10:55 PM

The ending was so so. I liked the action. The flashback was great. It explained everything. Now, I'm looking forward to the movie.

05-22-09, 4:49 AM

Felt like a pretty cliche ending, fight wasn't as good as I thought it would be but hey it was still a great series overall.

08-05-09, 3:59 AM

The battle was very intense, its like blood brothers every move contact the same as both of them. The fighting was cool too, I had 1 funny thought when Wolfwood's presence voice out through Vash about his weapon next to Vash. The ending didnt show much but they point out the main ending which is Vash save Knives

Credits:
~Every black cat in the episode
~We still don't know Vash the Stampede complete name
~But i'm sure he loves doughnuts =)
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

08-15-09, 6:33 PM

I have no complaints whatsoever, this is how endings should be.

11-07-09, 3:52 PM

That anime is Definitely one of the best. And such a emotional/beautiful episode. ^.^
The fight was awesome and how vash ended it with Wolfwood's weapon was so cool.
Man..I'd love a season 2. :\
Love this anime.
9/10.
>:3

12-07-09, 4:16 AM

lol good ending for the show...Vash will continue live with his 5 year old child logic..till he enters highschool and learns about WWI and WWII in history class...im lookin forward to that day

12-14-09, 2:56 PM

yeah the ending was nice, but i thing Gungrave ending was better Imho...

anyway nice series))
reminded me of gungrave)
9/10

01-18-10, 9:28 PM

I sort of liked the ending.Although I felt Vash should have killed his brother. I dislike the Hero isn't supposed to kill the bad guys nonsenses, but I really enjoyed watching the series.

02-18-10, 11:17 PM

Sweet. I rly liked the ending (esp compared to other parts of the story) and I'm still sorry Nicholas is dead but oh well. I also think Vash should have killed Knives. He patched him up at the end, why? Is Knives going to have a new mind when he recovers? Is losing the fight going to make him change his ideals? Or does Vash simply plan to do this all over again in another 100 years. oh well season 2 for us XD

02-27-10, 9:06 PM

Did knives not die? I mean, even if he had his wounds bandaged maybe he did. I dunno, this final episode didn't quite satisfy but it will have to do. And what's with the posts from 2008 that speak of a movie? I really enjoyed this series, I'm thinking something like 8/10.
Such junk...

04-26-10, 3:09 AM

It was a pretty good ending, it left a lot of things open and the fight didn't surprise me too much.

My only complaint is, what the fuck are Vash and Knives? Genetically modified humans? Aliens? WHAT!? They just appear, and everyone regards them as monsters. Did I miss how they got on the Seed ships?

I'm also a little confused as to how Knives and Vash are both amazing gunmen. When did Knives learn to shoot a gun? I assumed Vashs robotic arm and the fact that he's inherently good at everything had something to do with it. But none of that is really explained, I'm guessing that because they're so gifted that we just have to accept they're both instantly amazing at shooting. Which I find to be a little hard to swallow. At least Wolfwood was shown training for 10 years, that made sense. Vash and Knives godlike aim..... not so much.

Another thing that is bothering me, why did Knives and Vash age after landing? Yet never aged later? I know they're supposed to be immortal, but they aged as children(physically), so why not later? A simple explanation at some point would of been fine, but leaving that reason out bothers me.

To ramble further, I'm not really sure why Knives wanted to meet Vash... or rather, have him killed. It didn't make a lot of sense, at some points he sends people to kill him, at others he sends people to die... It seemed to be a waste of time.

/rant

05-11-10, 6:50 PM

PANDEMlC said:
It was a pretty good ending, it left a lot of things open and the fight didn't surprise me too much.

My only complaint is, what the fuck are Vash and Knives? Genetically modified humans? Aliens? WHAT!? They just appear, and everyone regards them as monsters. Did I miss how they got on the Seed ships?

I'm also a little confused as to how Knives and Vash are both amazing gunmen. When did Knives learn to shoot a gun? I assumed Vashs robotic arm and the fact that he's inherently good at everything had something to do with it. But none of that is really explained, I'm guessing that because they're so gifted that we just have to accept they're both instantly amazing at shooting. Which I find to be a little hard to swallow. At least Wolfwood was shown training for 10 years, that made sense. Vash and Knives godlike aim..... not so much.

Another thing that is bothering me, why did Knives and Vash age after landing? Yet never aged later? I know they're supposed to be immortal, but they aged as children(physically), so why not later? A simple explanation at some point would of been fine, but leaving that reason out bothers me.

To ramble further, I'm not really sure why Knives wanted to meet Vash... or rather, have him killed. It didn't make a lot of sense, at some points he sends people to kill him, at others he sends people to die... It seemed to be a waste of time.

/rant
Sometimes I HATE having questions unanswered, and wished they could have explained it better, but you have to realize they screwed up because the manga wasn't even finished yet so they had to add their own thing in it. Iit makes me even more drawn to the series though, for some reason. I'm sorry you're tormented with all these questions.

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices