Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 2, 2008 10:16 PM
May 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
OK that wasn't the best ending ever, but it was still pretty good. I'm now adding this series to my favorites for I liked it a lot and I'm looking forward to the movie coming out next year. ^_^
Jul 11, 2008 11:31 PM
Apr 2008
Loved the fight, but the flashbacks were a bit annoying. I wish they spread them out earlier in the series. It kind of ruined the momentum for me. I was getting rather impatient during the first half of the episode. :P
Jul 14, 2008 10:33 AM

Jun 2007
Yeah, that fight was awesome. I was counting the number of times Vash had pulled the trigger when he had one bullet in his gun! I loved the tension on the last shot! Now I have to wait ages for the movie!
Your search on "Oran Solus" returned the following quotes:
"Oran Solus? I know him. What a wanker. He still owes me a tenner." Oscar Wilde
"Oran, you're so intelligent and awesome <3" Bakayaro
"Oran's sexy." LolitaDecay
"Oran is a sophisticated penguin." Drybananna
"Oran is a Hand-Eye you faggots." EddieSpaghetti
"Oran for Prime Minister." the_prime_one
"Oran is all that is stated in his sig and more." orbitzz

Aug 14, 2008 7:00 PM

Aug 2007
I liked the ending. Vash's character holds true. The flashback was pretty interesting since I was wondering what they did after they had landed on the planet.

Overall, Trigun gets an 8/10 from me. Vash is just awesome. Nothing else can really describe him.

I'm looking forward to the movie now. ^.^

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Aug 16, 2008 6:48 PM

Jul 2008
I really liked the flashback about Vash and Knives.

The last episode was really good. I was very impressed.
[ ] Me and Yuusei; we's like peas and carrots~ [ ]
Sep 13, 2008 9:19 PM

Jun 2008
i liked the first half of the episode more than second half dunno why, overall - 9/10 -

Oct 1, 2008 4:28 PM

Jun 2008
Not a huge fan of the ending, I was kinda left wanting to know more. So what happened to the characters and such. But overall I love the series and it'll always be one of my favorites of all time.

Can't wait for the movie to be released!! :D
Jan 15, 2009 11:17 PM
Jul 2008
The ending wasn't too satisfying for me, but nevertheless it was pretty good. Vash kept his head and everything seemed to be well in the end. But I get the feeling that something was missing..

Also loved the taoist symbolism, reflected from various motifs throughout the series. (In a cup of coffee in one of the previous episodes, the two "beams" colliding etc.) Got quite serious, this anime-serie was actually a lot better than I expected, a nice mixture of comic and drama, deep and not-so-deep etc.

I would've liked to see Meryl and Vash get a bit more intimate though. (Is one kiss too much to ask!) She's cute. :3

9/10 from me.
May 20, 2009 10:55 PM

Oct 2007
The ending was so so. I liked the action. The flashback was great. It explained everything. Now, I'm looking forward to the movie.
May 22, 2009 4:49 AM

Nov 2007
Felt like a pretty cliche ending, fight wasn't as good as I thought it would be but hey it was still a great series overall.
Aug 5, 2009 3:59 AM

Jun 2009
The battle was very intense, its like blood brothers every move contact the same as both of them. The fighting was cool too, I had 1 funny thought when Wolfwood's presence voice out through Vash about his weapon next to Vash. The ending didnt show much but they point out the main ending which is Vash save Knives

Credits:
~Every black cat in the episode
~We still don't know Vash the Stampede complete name
~But i'm sure he loves doughnuts =)
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Aug 15, 2009 6:33 PM

Feb 2008
I have no complaints whatsoever, this is how endings should be.

Nov 7, 2009 3:52 PM

Mar 2009
That anime is Definitely one of the best. And such a emotional/beautiful episode. ^.^
The fight was awesome and how vash ended it with Wolfwood's weapon was so cool.
Man..I'd love a season 2. :\
Love this anime.
9/10.
>:3

Dec 7, 2009 4:16 AM
Oct 2009
lol good ending for the show...Vash will continue live with his 5 year old child logic..till he enters highschool and learns about WWI and WWII in history class...im lookin forward to that day
Dec 14, 2009 2:56 PM

Apr 2009
yeah the ending was nice, but i thing Gungrave ending was better Imho...

anyway nice series))
reminded me of gungrave)
9/10
Jan 18, 2010 9:28 PM

Aug 2009
I sort of liked the ending.Although I felt Vash should have killed his brother. I dislike the Hero isn't supposed to kill the bad guys nonsenses, but I really enjoyed watching the series.
Feb 18, 2010 11:17 PM

Sep 2009
Sweet. I rly liked the ending (esp compared to other parts of the story) and I'm still sorry Nicholas is dead but oh well. I also think Vash should have killed Knives. He patched him up at the end, why? Is Knives going to have a new mind when he recovers? Is losing the fight going to make him change his ideals? Or does Vash simply plan to do this all over again in another 100 years. oh well season 2 for us XD
Feb 27, 2010 9:06 PM

Dec 2009
Did knives not die? I mean, even if he had his wounds bandaged maybe he did. I dunno, this final episode didn't quite satisfy but it will have to do. And what's with the posts from 2008 that speak of a movie? I really enjoyed this series, I'm thinking something like 8/10.
Such junk...
Apr 26, 2010 3:09 AM

Oct 2008
It was a pretty good ending, it left a lot of things open and the fight didn't surprise me too much.

My only complaint is, what the fuck are Vash and Knives? Genetically modified humans? Aliens? WHAT!? They just appear, and everyone regards them as monsters. Did I miss how they got on the Seed ships?

I'm also a little confused as to how Knives and Vash are both amazing gunmen. When did Knives learn to shoot a gun? I assumed Vashs robotic arm and the fact that he's inherently good at everything had something to do with it. But none of that is really explained, I'm guessing that because they're so gifted that we just have to accept they're both instantly amazing at shooting. Which I find to be a little hard to swallow. At least Wolfwood was shown training for 10 years, that made sense. Vash and Knives godlike aim..... not so much.

Another thing that is bothering me, why did Knives and Vash age after landing? Yet never aged later? I know they're supposed to be immortal, but they aged as children(physically), so why not later? A simple explanation at some point would of been fine, but leaving that reason out bothers me.

To ramble further, I'm not really sure why Knives wanted to meet Vash... or rather, have him killed. It didn't make a lot of sense, at some points he sends people to kill him, at others he sends people to die... It seemed to be a waste of time.

/rant
May 11, 2010 6:50 PM

Jul 2009
PANDEMlC said:
It was a pretty good ending, it left a lot of things open and the fight didn't surprise me too much.

My only complaint is, what the fuck are Vash and Knives? Genetically modified humans? Aliens? WHAT!? They just appear, and everyone regards them as monsters. Did I miss how they got on the Seed ships?

I'm also a little confused as to how Knives and Vash are both amazing gunmen. When did Knives learn to shoot a gun? I assumed Vashs robotic arm and the fact that he's inherently good at everything had something to do with it. But none of that is really explained, I'm guessing that because they're so gifted that we just have to accept they're both instantly amazing at shooting. Which I find to be a little hard to swallow. At least Wolfwood was shown training for 10 years, that made sense. Vash and Knives godlike aim..... not so much.

Another thing that is bothering me, why did Knives and Vash age after landing? Yet never aged later? I know they're supposed to be immortal, but they aged as children(physically), so why not later? A simple explanation at some point would of been fine, but leaving that reason out bothers me.

To ramble further, I'm not really sure why Knives wanted to meet Vash... or rather, have him killed. It didn't make a lot of sense, at some points he sends people to kill him, at others he sends people to die... It seemed to be a waste of time.

/rant
Sometimes I HATE having questions unanswered, and wished they could have explained it better, but you have to realize they screwed up because the manga wasn't even finished yet so they had to add their own thing in it. Iit makes me even more drawn to the series though, for some reason. I'm sorry you're tormented with all these questions.
Jun 19, 2010 6:10 PM

Feb 2009
That was a very satisfying ending.

Neat fight.

You can't blame the man for having a dream.
Jun 21, 2010 10:01 PM

Apr 2010
GREAT OST
Jun 24, 2010 8:26 PM

Mar 2009
Just an okay ending; could've been much better.
Jul 2, 2010 3:01 PM
Mar 2010
Wow, Really a good fight and ending ;D
Aug 22, 2010 9:24 AM
Aug 2010
Wow, the final battle Vash vs. Knives was excellent! Very impressive moves and strikes, the general dynamics... The most epic part of the battle was the Russian roulette-like moment, when both Vash and Knives unload their guns, but leave one bullet, load it back, aim each other and try to pull the trigger... Wonderful...

The ending? Well, I didn't expect Vash to spare Knives' life. I thought that Vash (unfortunately) would have broken his rules once again and killed him... In the other hand, I don't think that bringing Knives to the friends was a good idea... In my opinion Knives is too dangerous to let him meet the girls and live with them. He should have left him alone if he really wanted to "save" him...
Aug 24, 2010 5:29 AM

Aug 2009
*Looks out window with Trigun music in head*

*Thinks about ending*

*Small tear rolls down my cheek*

10 doesn't seem like a fair score, can I give it an 11?
Sep 1, 2010 9:11 AM

May 2009
I've said it before and I have to say it again. Why is every one of these twisted freaks after humans? I mean no species is perfect. Every species leeches off other species, except the producers (plants). So why go only after humans? O_o;

"What is this pain?" lol Knives is weird :P Vash should have told him this is the same pain those humans feel when you hurt them.

The ending was... dunno. So Vash spared Knives's life. He defeated him in combat. Am I to understand that a guy like Knives will not do everything within his power to get even with Vash? Like hurting Milly or Meryl?

The flashbacks posed a pacing problem. Just one montage of their life, as you see Vash approaching Knives body, would have been good.

There's a movie too? O_o; Okay, gotta get that.
Oct 20, 2010 10:36 PM

Oct 2009
Good ending but the last few episode's felt a bit rushed to me ;\
There's still a lot of questions to be answered too.
I need a Epilogue :[

All in all great show 8/10, would've given it a 9/10 but i didn't like the last few episodes so...:)
Nov 6, 2010 1:13 PM

Nov 2009
A great fight, but I thought the ending would of gripped me more.

I feel as though the ending wasn't as good as some of the other scenes in the series, and the ending could of been much better.

It wasn't a bad ending, but I feel that it could of been amazing.
Nov 27, 2010 10:28 AM

May 2008
It exceed my expectations 8/10.
Dec 5, 2010 9:18 AM

Mar 2009
Excellent fight scenes, Vash and Knives synchorized perfectly together.
So in the end Vash finally came to his senses and figured out that while he will always remember what Rem taught him, he has to make and live with his own decisions. Leaving the red coat behind shows that he became his own person.
I really liked this anime and probably will re-watch it again for stuff that I didn't quite get this time around. Also enjoyed Milly and Meryl, they really complemented each other.
So...9/10.
Dec 11, 2010 9:05 PM
May 2010
Though Episodes 23 and 24 were the absolute peak of quality, the last two, as Vash comes to terms with all the difficulties he's had with his own morality system and decides not to kill Knives, were absolutely fantastic in a different way.

All the people who say Vash should've killed Knives make me laugh. No offense, but talk about completely missing the point.

Why does nearly every series I finish have somebody in the last episode complaining about someone and someone else not kissing? Midori Days, fine, it was a romantic comedy. But Welcome to the N.H.K.? TRIGUN? Really? Is romantic BS really that important that it needs to take over every single conclusion?

Oh, and 10/10, best anime ever made, even if I enjoy Higurashi a hair more.
Jan 15, 2011 11:38 PM

Sep 2010
Not the best ending, and I expected a lot more, being the last episode. I liked it, and the series in general. x)

<3
Jan 22, 2011 4:24 PM

Aug 2010
Eh, not my favorite but a good ending still.

I agree with SirHenryJon, I wish there had been a little more for Vash and Meryl. I'd be happy with a kiss on the cheek even!

Jan 30, 2011 12:15 PM

May 2010
That was boring...
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jan 31, 2011 12:36 PM

Apr 2010
finally after 5 years of waiting i watched it !
it was really great full of morals which the new anime and society is unfotunately is lacking! great saying from rem carved in vashs heart
really very impressive anime and sayonara woodwulf>_<
i am going to watch the movie right now^0^
10/10
Feb 24, 2011 4:48 AM

Aug 2009
Unnecessary flashbacks ruined it a bit, but I still enjoyed the episode, the fighting part that is. It felt somewhat short though so I'd like to see an epilogue.
Overall, this turned out to be a very good anime; could've been a great one but those several episodes prior to this one made me give it 8/10 instead of 9/10. Anyway, I'm glad I've watched it, it's a classic and I'd recommend it to anyone even slightly interested in the world of anime.
On to the movie now...
Feb 24, 2011 10:12 PM
May 2008
After rewatching this I realized that Vash is kind of a dick. He contemplates bashing his brother's skull in, shoots him in the desert and abandons him, shoots him in the face with the super gun. Vash may be the savior of humanity, but Knives is definitely a nicer brother.
Mar 3, 2011 2:39 PM

Aug 2010
shadylookin said:
After rewatching this I realized that Vash is kind of a dick. He contemplates bashing his brother's skull in, shoots him in the desert and abandons him, shoots him in the face with the super gun. Vash may be the savior of humanity, but Knives is definitely a nicer brother.

Uh... I didn't get that at all.

Mar 4, 2011 11:40 AM

Dec 2007
shadylookin said:

Um, how is Knives a nicer brother? The guy purposefully KILLED hundreds of thousands of people because he felt they were below him.

Vash wanted to bash Knives in because he killed all of those people as well as the person he loved/looked up to the most, Rem. He shoots him in the desert because he's freaking angry. If someone killed the people you loved and whom raised you, wouldn't you be pissed?

Yet, he abandons Knives because a, he doesn't want to kill Knives because of what Rem said about life being precious, and b, if he stays around with Knives two things could happen: Knives could kill him or Vash could get angry enough to forgo what Rem said and just kill Knives.

You didn't see Knives hesitate to kill Vash in that last episode, did you? And Knives was SMILING a sadistic smile when he said that he killed everyone. Does that sound nice to you?

It sure doesn't to me.
"Someone once told me that, 'Friendships come with meetings, partings and reunions.' But how could you truly part with someone if they're always there...in your heart?"

Mar 9, 2011 8:56 PM
May 2008
Darkeiko said:
shadylookin said:

Um, how is Knives a nicer brother? The guy purposefully KILLED hundreds of thousands of people because he felt they were below him.

Vash wanted to bash Knives in because he killed all of those people as well as the person he loved/looked up to the most, Rem. He shoots him in the desert because he's freaking angry. If someone killed the people you loved and whom raised you, wouldn't you be pissed?

Yet, he abandons Knives because a, he doesn't want to kill Knives because of what Rem said about life being precious, and b, if he stays around with Knives two things could happen: Knives could kill him or Vash could get angry enough to forgo what Rem said and just kill Knives.

You didn't see Knives hesitate to kill Vash in that last episode, did you? And Knives was SMILING a sadistic smile when he said that he killed everyone. Does that sound nice to you?

It sure doesn't to me.

I just like playing devil's advocate so lets go...

Vash is nicer to people, but Knives is much nicer to his brother than he is to him. You have to keep in mind that to Knives humans are little more than cockroaches that abuse his fellow plant. So to him exterminating humans is no more evil than when a person swats and insect with a newspaper. However for him and his fellow plants he appears to genuinely want to create a paradise.

Lets try and walk in Knives' shoes.

He kills all the corrupt people trying to harm him and his brother. He tries to spare the life of Rem for Vash's sake(despite his obvious dislike for her). It's pretty clear that on Gunsmoke Knives is taking care of his inept brother who can only follow him and babble on about Rem for several years. While trying to create an eden for him and his brother Knives makes a gun for Vash. Which Vash then proceeds to shoot him with as Knives is trying to talk to him. After crying out in agony and begging for Vash to wait and help him Vash runs away leaving him for dead.

In the next shootout despite being an excellent marksman Knives only shoots Vash in the arm, Vash however shoots Knives in the face with the super gun. 20 years later Knives tries to get Vash to see the light by bringing out the gung-ho guns. Clearly he never actually tried to kill Vash with them because even if there was a snowballs chance in hell of him losing Knives also hired Wolfwood to protect him. In the end Vash kills Legato(the spider) to save the insurance girls(the butterflies). The suffering Knives puts Vash through is forcing Vash to see his own hypocrisy.

In the final shootout Knives is calmly sipping wine when Vash shows up points a gun at him. Despite ample opportunity and expert skill he never shoots Vash in a vital spot, instead choosing to shoot him in the shoulder(despite previously having it pointed at his forehead) and graze his limbs. Even if he truly was out to kill Vash(who could blame him at this point), Vash was not set on sparing his life either. It wasn't until the last moment after seeing him half dead when he decided not to kill Knives.
Mar 12, 2011 11:09 PM

Feb 2010
The problem therefore is not in Knives being the ultimate evil (although for humans he is totaly malefic) but in Vash failing to stand up for his (or Rem's) ideals in a way that would make his brother respect it for the start. Untill then Knives is in his right, as he sees it, and Vash only follows, babbling some foolishness short of running away, which he is afraid to do. Vash is (heart)broken and he realy doesn't understand what Rem meant, yet he believes strongly in those ideals. But belief is not enough and in the following years he will have to find a way to realise them, if there is any. Untill then Knives won't take him seriously and the only way to solve it would be to "kill the spider" which Vash refused to do in the first place and which is Knives' way. It is easy for Knives to see proof on his views for humans. Actualy, the majority of people we see colliding with Vash are morons who point a gun (or finger) at him shouting hystericaly, yet we know that it's not exactly a thing of nature but rather a lack of sense or purpose. A few have an idea and it is something that have to be nurtured on this unhospitable planet like that grove we see in one of ep's. Knives don't get the complexities, he sees only black, while Vash is clearly idealistic. But strangely, he seems to be more aware of the other side to humans, while Knives never bothers. We don't know if the species of Vash and Knives are realy superior to humans. They are just self-suficient, which humans are not. And seeng two brothers we might presume that they are not too different from humans emotion-wise and also imperfect as they make mistakes.
I thought Vash is finaly going to make a point and kill Knives and possibly die in the attempt. I kind of glad he didn't, surprisingly. And now he's going to bring his brother to people and make him live with them? And he will look after Knives and make him see people from good side too? Anyway, I guess he's going to be the "elder brother" now. For all his earlier sillines he finaly grew some impressive backbone. Seeing the shape Knives in mentally as he pointed both "plantet-killer" guns at his brother, smiling sadisticaly, Vash is taking huge risks bringing him to people. But at least he knows now what he's doing it for and what he wants.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
Apr 4, 2011 4:25 PM
Feb 2011
SirHenryJon said:

I would've liked to see Meryl and Vash get a bit more intimate though. (Is one kiss too much to ask!) She's cute. :3

9/10 from me.

I agree. (T^T) i loved her character. its one of those offscreen happy endings. i dont hate them, but i love my onscreen fanservice. At least Vash didnt die. i was bracing myself for a sad ending. i swear.. i watch too much sad stuff.
Apr 12, 2011 2:39 AM

Sep 2010
Really good overall. I enjoyed watching most of this.
May 26, 2011 12:56 AM

Oct 2008
Not a big fan of the ending. :/

Time to watch the movie.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jul 18, 2011 5:41 PM

Nov 2010
Brilliant series, I was expecting good but did not think I would rank it amongst my favourites! 10/10
Nov 26, 2011 5:18 PM

Oct 2009
PANDEMlC said:

/rant

Oh Oh! I know this one!
Its because they are plants. Think like trees. It takes awhile to grow but ones they hit maturity their growth slows way down. Like trees, they are only imortal becuase they'll be the last things living until straight decapitated or something unknown to the researches comes through
Someone must be about to die: they're playing j-pop disco! -Frohike
Jan 1, 2012 2:06 PM
Dec 2010
ahhh ending was somewhat shorter then i expected...
I wonder what did he plan to do with his bro to beat some sence into him.

Sent with Mal Updater
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Jan 31, 2012 6:12 AM

Jun 2011
All the flashbacks made the finale somewhat cramped. I still feel like some questions were unanswered in the end, but I guess that's only for those who like to explore every inch of their anime.

Vash vs Knives was short, but awesome to watch, unlike some of the recent shonen anime that think drawing out long battles with sermons in-between make the show more interesting.

An overall satisfying ending for me.
Mar 5, 2012 9:51 AM

Feb 2010
I thought the final battle was awesome; man to man (erm... plant to plant? :x) combat!

The russian roulette and all the flashbacks really added to the finale.

I'm torn whether I wanted Vash to just kill Knives, OR keep him alive, thus continuing his view that "no one has the right to take a life."

Either way, it was a great great show and I'm glad I finally got around to finishing it.

A solid 9/10 for me.

Soo.... there's a movie apparently? I'll def watch it.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Trigun Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kie_ - Sep 8, 2008

67 by SouthRzVa »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Kinda disappointed

Tomi3b - Apr 5

44 by SafeEntity »»
Yesterday, 12:59 AM

Poll: » Trigun Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Cero - Jul 2, 2008

72 by PSX_Aloe »»
Apr 14, 5:50 PM

Poll: » Trigun Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Cero - Jul 2, 2008

107 by manusirbu05 »»
Mar 19, 2:33 PM

Poll: » Trigun Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Scribbly - Aug 21, 2008

98 by StGraphite »»
Mar 17, 4:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.