Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 21, 2011 1:11 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Party time and lots of fun and misunderstanding, but ended up celebrating everyone's b-day together instead of KitaEri girl.

Nice song at the end when Rikuo talking about past.
tsubasaloverAug 21, 2011 1:24 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 21, 2011 1:28 AM

May 2011
a heart-felt episode. no action but a lot of comedy. i found it funny that rin and konekomaru made a christmas cake and not a birthday cake. i lol'd at izumo mistaking paku and shima on going on a date then almost "kissing" under that umbrella.

surprise surprise okumura twin's bday near christmas. no wonder rin mistook a christmas cake for a birthday cake.

looks like next episode will be interesting after that phone call.
Aug 21, 2011 4:02 AM

Jun 2009
cute ep and mephisto amaimon loved the x mas cake too kawaii :)
looking forward too the next ep neuhaus is back and troubles follows for sure cant wait
Aug 21, 2011 4:50 AM

Oct 2010
Well the certainly Shima segment was surprising considering the kiss part. Could it have really happen? Well according to the spoiler
it was awfully close. I did like what Izumo though of Paku x Shima in the following,

As well as this version here. Shima x Paku when they were
at the fountain was very cute and kind of obvious that Izumo was the one spying on them here. I liked that Izumo asked Paku at the table directly if she is going out with Shima and of course Paku's response gave out some MOE face of hers. Loved it how Paku was already playful here with Shima. Shows that she is easy going there. Of course Paku looks great with earring on her. When Shima x Paku were about to kiss or so Izumo though, Izumo panic here and her tripping on something made quite the comedy considering that she made herself and Shima/Paku all tomato red in the spoiler
That was hilarious and good comedy. Loved the expressions of Izumo when she is pouting here and of when is kind of angry/blushing.

The second best part is seeing good old man Fujimoto as follows,

He looked good in the Santa getup. All the part in the spoiler
were fantastic showing the gang but most of all Rin/Yukio when they were kids.

About preview, looks like that other guy gets caught and what is this? Mephi doing some magic again? Oh WTF is this Yukio wrapped in some shit. Looks bad, really bad.

• Loved seeing Izumo in her disguise in the spoiler
    it was funny and suited her.

• Really nice nice insert song and parts of the preparation for the party of Izumo in the spoiler
    that BGM was really good.

• I wonder WTF is that reaction with Yukio’s blood in the spoiler
    it looks fascinating but what is it exactly would be nice to know.
Maybe I will add more.

BTW image assembly in the spoiler
the one of Izumo with lighting looks nice.
Yumekichi11Aug 21, 2011 8:38 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 21, 2011 5:28 AM

Nov 2009
Ah, stupid tanjoubi filler, and the actual plot development I wanted to see is delayed until next week.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Aug 21, 2011 8:27 AM
Jun 2008
This episode made I felt like Yukio going to die ....
Aug 21, 2011 10:11 AM

Oct 2010
wow would they put a filler so late in the series... isn't this going to be over in 6 episodes?
it was fun, but still disappointed.
huh?
Aug 21, 2011 10:22 AM

Mar 2011
Sadly I went from 10 to 9, still can't get enough of this wonderful, amazing OP, I just hope something really good happens within the remaining episodes.
Nonetheless it was a pretty funny episode
ZexuAug 21, 2011 10:31 AM
Courtesy of Paul
Aug 21, 2011 10:22 AM

Aug 2008
Ha, the restaurant Paku and Kamiki go to is Magnaria as in Wagnaria from Working!!
KyzixAug 21, 2011 10:38 AM
私のホバークラフトは鰻でいっぱいです
Aug 21, 2011 10:25 AM

Jan 2009
I think Shima is a pretty funneh guy, eh tells girls' fortunes and doesn't give a rat's ass about guys.
And while I assume this is a filler, I did enjoy the fact that the episode was technically about Izumo though.

I lol'd at gg making Mephisto's "fantastic" all fabulous.
And speaking of which, there was a shortage of commercials this week.

MorningGlory said:
This episode made I felt like Yukio going to die ....
They kind of made it feel like that, yeah. They can't just go kill FukuJun's character, can they? D:
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 21, 2011 10:28 AM

Oct 2010
Oosran said:
I lol'd at gg making Mephisto's "fantastic" all fabulous.
And speaking of which, there was a shortage of commercials this week.
But the right one is "WOW FANTASTIC!" Now that part was amazing! Mephi sure is funny but apparently we have people that are annoyed by him.

Aug 21, 2011 10:28 AM

Aug 2010
Rin turned into a rocket... my favorite part.
Aug 21, 2011 10:50 AM

Nov 2008
Seems that there wasn't many interesting ads this episode (gg) :P
Let's see what happend at Rin and Yukio's house (monastery)
Aug 21, 2011 10:53 AM

Aug 2011
nice episode, the misunderstanding was really funny, and that cliffhanging ending.... certainly different from manga, but can't wait to see what has happened
Aug 21, 2011 11:05 AM

Aug 2009
So tl;dr nothing really happened.
Aug 21, 2011 11:27 AM

Jan 2011
Cute episode. But I'm stiiiiill not over the fact that they've changed the whole story.

Sorry. But ANE is one of my favorite mangas ever, so to see them change everything is disappointing.
But that's my opinion.
Aug 21, 2011 11:31 AM
May 2011
Kyzix said:
Ha, the restaurant Paku and Kamiki go to is Magnaria as in Wagnaria from Working!!

Haha, yep I lol'ed once I saw this xD
ban1o.jpg
Aug 21, 2011 11:31 AM

Jan 2011
Kyzix said:

Lol I noticed that too!
Aug 21, 2011 11:42 AM

Aug 2011
With each episode it just gets worse :-(
Some fillers are nice, but not like this. One can only hope that the final last few episodes will be great again.
Aug 21, 2011 11:47 AM

Oct 2009
What? Filler!? *BOOM*

Otherwise, interesting cliffhanger at the end with the doom of the monastery.

Aug 21, 2011 11:49 AM

Feb 2009
Filler episode.The birthday idea was cute though.

I haven't read the manga, but I think Yukio is going to fight against Rin in the end. The rash is taking over his arm.. poor thing.
Aug 21, 2011 11:56 AM

Jan 2010
prismheart said:
Rin turned into a rocket... my favorite part.
+1 this plz someone make a GIF of that XD
Aug 21, 2011 12:03 PM

Aug 2007
Oh my, they're totally messing up the original story. :/
The birthday-idea is cute, but I guess they needed something new, because the beach-filler has already aired, so they can't bring that twice. In the end, this episode was pretty much a waste of time and entirely pointless.
Aug 21, 2011 12:35 PM

Oct 2009
I notice it was a filler, but I am not mad or disappointed about it. It was nice touch to all the action and seriousness" If you don't work on your flames, you will be excuted blah blah blah"
I guess I have different point of view of it because I don't read the manga XD.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 21, 2011 12:44 PM

Aug 2010
haha omg the part with yukio & rin discovering that a x-mas cake is not a birthday cake was so funny! and then they sent it to mephisto and hamster amaimon! (x
i hope that one day we figure out how yukio and rin were really born and on what day and stuff O:
looks like next week we get an action packed episode once again! :D
Aug 21, 2011 1:19 PM

Feb 2011
It may be a filler, but it was FANTASTIC! ~ lol
Aug 21, 2011 1:33 PM

Feb 2010
Stereoman said:
It may be a filler, but it was FANTASTIC! ~ lol

+1. 'Christmas b-day cake' made me laugh... Mephisto's reaction was priceless.

Yukio's condition is worrying me...
Aug 21, 2011 1:45 PM
Apr 2011
That was a funny episode
Rin is so cute with his rabbid and I really really was glad that Konekamaru caught the cake I stopped breathing when i saw this O__O
Aug 21, 2011 1:46 PM

Aug 2009
Oh my god! ;__; I loved this episode! ;~;

Tomorrow is actually my birthday so this episode was really special! ;~;

And am I the only one that likes fillers?!?

I really like them since they give a "chill" feeling and takes away from the drama in the show >o<.

Lastly, all the Shiemi x Yukio scenes are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

I'm beginning to ship!!!!
Aug 21, 2011 1:56 PM

Sep 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
I wonder WTF is that reaction with Yukio’s blood in the spoiler
it looks fascinating but what is it exactly would be nice to know. Maybe I will add more.
It looks really bad. His blood spark blue...is that the blue flame?

I think this anime is going for a filler ending....this episode filler is fun and enjoyable :D But still sad that they didn't adapt the manga.

Rin is really cute <3 He love his pink rabbit lol. And Mephisto and Hamaimon eating the cake and their reaction! FANTASTIC~! hahaha
Aug 21, 2011 2:09 PM

Jun 2011
Hell yeah, Izumo episode = Love.
Shima was oh-so fabulous.
Misunderstanding galore.
Oh, how I abhor filler episodes. :T
Aug 21, 2011 2:23 PM

May 2008
This episode was beautiful >: Poor Yukio though..he's slowly turning...

Aug 21, 2011 2:52 PM
Aug 2010
Second boring episode in a row (although at least Konekomaru wasn't annoying as shit this one). Although I did laugh when Mephistopheles got the cake. PV looks like next episode will be better at least (I hope)...
Aug 21, 2011 3:09 PM
Jul 2018
I have a hunch, but i think Yukio is going to get possessed by Satan to get to Rin.
Aug 21, 2011 3:40 PM

Jun 2008
I don't care that it was a filler.
It was so damn funny :'D
Aug 21, 2011 4:05 PM

Apr 2011
Well it was quite funny, but I'm not only watching this series for the comedy =/ I want some epic story now! Fights with huge, strong demons...Satan's army or something like that, but...another filler! =(
Second season incoming..? ;D I hope they're not forcing the whole story in 6 episodes till the end.. =/

Aug 21, 2011 4:06 PM

Apr 2009
I liked this episode.It's like the calm before the storm.

But whats going on with Yukio?!
Aug 21, 2011 4:08 PM

Aug 2011
Lulexiaa said:
Oh my god! ;__; I loved this episode! ;~;

Tomorrow is actually my birthday so this episode was really special! ;~;

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

I'm beginning to ship!!!!

Looks like someone shares the same birthday as me! :]

I hope they just go and kill that professor,

Aug 21, 2011 4:10 PM

Jun 2008
I'm sad to see filler this late in the show. We only have a few eps left, let's not waste them. Perhaps I should start reading the manga though...
Aug 21, 2011 4:19 PM
Jun 2011
Shima X Paku was epic.

However, not to be outdone, Mephisto's "Fantastic!" was FABULOUS~
Aug 21, 2011 4:49 PM

Feb 2011
Yukio's not going to die. The creator's inspiration for this series were the Grimm Brothers (was the Brothers Grimm). Although Yukio is a supporting role, I'm confident that they're not going to kill him off because that would change the premise of the series too much.
I could write more, but I guess this isn't the area for speculation.
I liked the episode. I'm attached to the characters enough that I don't mind a filler episode once in a while.
The part where they send the cake to Mephisto made me laugh, as did the awkward exchange between Izumo and Shima,Paku (I really do think she just had something in her eye... not that they were going to kiss.)
I'd always wondered how the whole "son of an exorcist is the biological son of Satan" ordeal worked out, and hopefully this series will explore that a bit more (the adoptive parents... how he hid it for so long... etcetera).
I'm hoping they get a second season, although I wish they wouldn't have released it so prematurely. The manga won't be done for a while, will it? I like that it's going off in its own direction... that doesn't bother me. Although it would shut the people up who are complaining that this is a "filler arc" and that they couldn't end it in a different way. So yeah... I'd just like to see the majority of people happy, and I hope they're able to cover a broad section of the manga content in an upcoming season (because they're clearly going in a different direction now.)
If you lived in your computer, you'd be home already.
Aug 21, 2011 5:30 PM
Jun 2011
I didn't mind this filler at all really. I could NOT stand the squid/beach filler! But I really think these last 6 episodes are gonna pick up and finish this anime with a bang. Or at least finish this season. There's probably going to be a second one :)
Aug 21, 2011 5:41 PM

Oct 2010
RyuKirin said:
Kyzix said:
Haha, yep I lol'ed once I saw this xD
Wow, I missed that but must be a warning or promotion towards being aware that season 2 of Working!! is coming.

Aug 21, 2011 6:32 PM

Aug 2010
LOL when did this became a slice of life??
Aug 21, 2011 7:32 PM

May 2010
I wish my birthday was that fun !!
Aug 21, 2011 7:45 PM

Jul 2011
Why would they have a random filler episode so late in the series...? Considering there are only 6 episodes left, shouldn't they be worried about getting through the story? I guess the title, "A Day When Nothing Happens" suited the episode well.

Don't get me wrong though, I enjoyed the episode. It just seems like it'd be better as an earlier episode.
Aug 21, 2011 7:46 PM

Sep 2009
Ah, despite the fact that this was a filler it's probably my favorite episode from the series.

And considering how other anime like this go, it'll probably be filler until the last one or two episodes where it leaves us with some huge cliffhanger. But then again, it's already deviated from the manga to the point where it'd be awkward to try and get back on track with the most recent chapters.
Aug 21, 2011 7:47 PM

Apr 2011
I actually thought the episode was pretty amusing and was a good 'calm before the storm.' With only 5 or 6 episodes left this is probably the last chance the crew will have to sit down together and be kids before the shit hits the proverbial fan ... which it no doubt did in the cliffhanger. The monastary's been attacked, o noes!

Best part of the episode was Mephisto's reaction to the cake. "A cake celebrating the birth of God ... for a demon?" *takes a bite* "FANTASTIC!!!(in rainbow!)"

This seemed like a mellow weekend for both this and Sacred 7 ... hopefully there'll be more action in both next week. At least Blade delivered the fighting, as always.
Aug 21, 2011 7:49 PM

Jul 2008
I make better looking cake than Rin.
Aug 21, 2011 8:14 PM

Jan 2011
It was more or less a filler, but it was still nice, and it still had character development. Konekomaru still being a bit afraid or weird near Rin, but less so later. They have less problems working together now, Bon is the leader. Rin does not rely on his blue flames for everything (he can make cake without..), we saw a bit of Yukoi with his experiments..

It could have been more for sure, but it was not a filler in the way of having nothing to do with rest of the anime, they will certainly remember that party, and maybe it will even be important, like Konekomaru remembering that Rin thanked him (if they do a scence like when he had to trust Rin and jump again).

Often such small details play a important role later, when people who skipped the supposed filler complain that theres no way they would never trust each other or whatever because they where not really friends or something, when they actually had a week long party in the filler.

I don't think it's going to be that extreme here, but i often wonder why every episode that does not at least contain one major plot twist is automatically a filler. Especially if they already deviated from the manga.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 31, 2011

191 by XILG »»
Apr 16, 11:29 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 22, 2011

202 by XILG »»
Apr 11, 7:51 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Zeando - May 1, 2011

239 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:43 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Apr 24, 2011

310 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:41 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 17, 2011

302 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.