Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 20, 2011 1:32 PM

Jan 2009
lol was just rewatching some of kenshins episode when i saw this news ...
Aug 20, 2011 1:36 PM

Nov 2010
DEEN? Yuck.
Aug 20, 2011 2:24 PM

Jun 2008
New Cast
Saito Hajime: Narita Ken

Uhhhhh. Are they going to replace Kenshin's seiyuu as well?
Aug 20, 2011 2:25 PM

Nov 2008
i wouldn't have mind a 13 episodes but e ova is kinda disappointing
Aug 20, 2011 2:32 PM

May 2009
kuchitsu said:
New Cast
Saito Hajime: Narita Ken

Uhhhhh. Are they going to replace Kenshin's seiyuu as well?

No. They are only replacing Saito's, cuz you know, the guy who voiced him kinda died in 2006.
Aug 20, 2011 2:53 PM

Dec 2009
I don't see why people is disappointed, As a true Kenshin fan, I'm happy with whatever they give from Kenshin, hell, I wouldn't be disappointed if they give an OVA series based on only Kaoru!
Aug 20, 2011 2:58 PM

Sep 2009
Damnit, I wanted a retelling on the whole manga! Well, I guess you can't always get what you want.
"I don't believe in a lot of things but I do believe in duct tape!"

Aug 20, 2011 3:08 PM

Apr 2010
Wtf is this shit :x
Aug 20, 2011 3:12 PM

Feb 2011
I haven't actually finished Rurouni Kenshin, but... That animation is just horrible.
Aug 20, 2011 3:23 PM

Nov 2007
And someone suggested the new Kenshin anime will put Gintama on shame. too bad though :D

Being an honest Kenshin fan, I am really disappointed. Enishi fcuking where?!?!

Studio Deen sucks and the animation looks horribad. :(
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Aug 20, 2011 4:13 PM

Jul 2007
Studio Deen

Studio Deen

Studio Deen

Studio Deen

nINJAkECIL said:
fate/stay night has cool animation,though.

You are wrong.
Aug 20, 2011 4:40 PM

Sep 2007
This is the bitterest disappointment RK fans have had to swallow since the creation of Seisouhen. Studio Deen is out of touch with the RK fandom. We don't want an OVA remake of the Kyoto Arc narrated by Misao. We want the Jinchuu Arc, in its entirety!
Aug 20, 2011 4:56 PM
Apr 2009
I don't care which studio is doing this but I agree that the OVA feels like a waste of time. I don't mind a remake of the whole anime but it feels like a middle finger to RK fans--manga or anime.
Aug 20, 2011 5:02 PM

Jul 2007
EmperorH3ctor said:
I don't care which studio is doing

YOu do know that Studio DEEN are basically Uwe Boll of anime industry, right?... There's not a thing in last decade that they did not screw up in one way or another.

THats like finding out that let's say...Lord of the Rings "The Hobbit" prequel would be directed by Uwe Boll and saying that you do not care about that...
Aug 20, 2011 5:11 PM

Aug 2011
Im a sad panda :(
Aug 20, 2011 5:15 PM
Apr 2009
Fai said:
EmperorH3ctor said:

YOu do know that Studio DEEN are basically Uwe Boll of anime industry, right?... There's not a thing in last decade that they did not screw up in one way or another.

THats like finding out that let's say...Lord of the Rings "The Hobbit" prequel would be directed by Uwe Boll and saying that you do not care about that...

Well I don't hate them, but You're Under Arrest, Jigoku Shoujo, and Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni are my favs by them. I don't like ALL their anime, though.
Aug 20, 2011 5:52 PM

Dec 2007
Not sure if want...
Aug 20, 2011 5:55 PM

Jun 2006
Fai said:
Studio Deen

DemonTetsuo said:
Not sure if want...

My thoughts exactly... oh DEEN... \(*`∧´)/
Aug 20, 2011 5:58 PM
Jul 2018
Studio Deen did the other kenshin anime what were you guys expecting as far as animations teams?
Aug 20, 2011 6:07 PM

Apr 2011
Wait a second lets think about this for a moment. Why are they doing this when they know they know the fans only want the animation of the Jinchu arc? They probably don't just want to animate the Jinchu arc because most of this generation doesn't know anything about Rurouni Kenshin. So, they're are probably making this OVA to attract more fans and then create the Jinchu Arc OVA or something like that. The climax of the series is the Shishio arc so it is only natural that they would remake it with present day HD animation and then follow up and create the Jinchu arc. Maybe it's true , because people send them letters and email them all the time demanding Jinchu arc. They aren't that stupid to not listen to their fans...
Aug 20, 2011 6:11 PM
Jul 2018
hitenken said:
Wait a second lets think about this for a moment. Why are they doing this when they know they know the fans only want the animation of the Jinchu arc? They probably don't just want to animate the Jinchu arc because most of this generation doesn't know anything about Rurouni Kenshin. So, they're are probably making this OVA to attract more fans and then create the Jinchu Arc OVA or something like that. The climax of the series is the Shishio arc so it is only natural that they would remake it with present day HD animation and then follow up and create the Jinchu arc. Maybe it's true , because people send them letters and email them all the time demanding Jinchu arc. They aren't that stupid not to listen to their fans...

If they were going for bringing in new fans either a complete remake or a side story movie like trigun did would be a better move. Not some super condensed version of the second part of the series with new art.
Aug 20, 2011 6:15 PM

Apr 2011
jpem said:
If they were going for bringing in new fans either a complete remake or a side story movie like trigun did would be a better move. Not some super condensed version of the second part of the series with new art.

The original is good as it is so instead of remaking it they will condense it, (the climax or the series)...I know I would rather have a remake but the original is already good.
hitenkenAug 20, 2011 8:25 PM
Aug 20, 2011 6:59 PM
Aug 2009
DestinySora said:
I don't see why people is disappointed, As a true Kenshin fan, I'm happy with whatever they give from Kenshin, hell, I wouldn't be disappointed if they give an OVA series based on only Kaoru!

this

and season 3 wasn't that bad, CMON! kenshin fights jesus
Aug 20, 2011 7:03 PM

Feb 2011
this is some surprising news. but I wont complain.
Aug 20, 2011 7:05 PM

Feb 2009
I don't like the whole "Misao's point of view" thing and hearing Saito with another voice will suck big time. At least Asakura Noriyuki is returning. Would have been better if they made Enishi's arc and the real ending of the manga.
Aug 20, 2011 7:05 PM

May 2011
hitenken said:
Why??? Battle of Shishio from Misao's point of view??? She didn't even see the battle!!!!!! WTF!

I believe they are remaking the entire battle, as in with the Juppongatana as well, and, if I am not mistaken, Misao did fight that queer with Kaoru. Also, she was almost killed by the blind man who fought Saitou Hajime later. Remember that a big part of the arc was her looking for Shinomori Aoshi, then struggling with her feelings for him as she discovered he was not on their side. Basically this is the section of the story that introducued Makimachi, a main character. She could be the narrator. What is positive about all of this is that Rurouni Kenshin is not out of the picture yet, and, depending on the response for the OAV, there just might be more to come. Besides, I have to say, the Shishio arc was amazing; it included the strongest swordsmen in the anime. I just loved it when Kenshin lost it, screamed and thought he had killed the blonde, under-cover member of the Juppongatana with the new sakabatou (I think around episode 40).
SeijurouAug 20, 2011 7:18 PM
"Giving one's name to someone about to die is meaningless." - Hiko Seijuurou
"There are no miracles in this world; there are only accidents, inevitabilities, and what you are going to do. That is it." - Himura Yuu
"A sword is a weapon. Swordsmanship is learning how to kill. No pretty words you say will change that." - Hiko Seijuurou
Aug 20, 2011 7:14 PM

Jun 2008
Key? Then I am in! :D
Aug 20, 2011 8:08 PM
Aug 2009
EmperorH3ctor said:
Fai said:
EmperorH3ctor said:

Well I don't hate them, but You're Under Arrest, Jigoku Shoujo, and Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni are my favs by them. I don't like ALL their anime, though.

Deen hate train is just a bunch of dumb fantard rage. Somehow every other adaption by every other studio is perfect apparently.
Aug 20, 2011 8:40 PM

May 2009
DestinySora said:

Oh, I'm truly sorry that we aren't true Kenshin fans, but I believe that we just don't have to be as stupid as you and accept whatever bullshit they try to shove on us just because we are true Kenshin fans (lol).
Aug 20, 2011 8:59 PM
Jul 2018
hitenken said:
well....this ruined my day and my summer... :(

THIS.

i was so PUMPED for the new ruroken anime (ahem JINCHUU arc)
and all we get is this???? sdjdakhhiaehf;

hopefully that key illustration is really early in production...
they can do way better than that.

on the other hand im happy to FINALLY hear some more news about it.
Aug 20, 2011 9:06 PM

Oct 2008
I am disappointed. :(

I'll still quite happily watch it but I was hoping for something better. I just wish they'd said it was going to be an OVA from the beginning so that I never got my hopes up.
Aug 20, 2011 9:26 PM

Apr 2011
If only it was possible for Watsuki to charge into the DEEN studio and use the Amakakeru Ryu No Hirameki on the guy who thought of such a idea.... xD
Aug 20, 2011 9:52 PM

Jul 2010
FUTAE NO KIWAMI AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Aug 20, 2011 10:46 PM

Apr 2011
kusushi said:
FUTAE NO KIWAMI AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Lol I wish xD...but for real doesn't Watsuki have a say in anything at all?
Aug 20, 2011 11:18 PM
Nov 2010
I was hoping it'd be a TV series...
Aug 21, 2011 1:40 AM

Apr 2011
Sora_N said:
This really sucks! I was hopping that they would make an anime series of the Jinchuu Arc. I don’t care about this new OVA at all. (Plus, I hated Seisōhen AKA Samurai X: Reflection)

Don't get depressed too early because you have to remember it has been over a decade since Rurouni Kenshin aired so they wouldn't just start off from the Jinchu Arc because most of this generation's viewers don't know anything about show. They only know about Naruto and Bleach etc. Yeah the original RK fans want it badly, but what about ones that know nothing?

Here are a couple reasons why instead of the Jinchu arc there is 2-part OVA. Someone else with logic mentioned the following...

#1 Re-introduce RK to the masses

#2 The fans would get a recap of the Kyoto arc, which would be from a different perspective rather than that of Kenshin and Sano's which was in the original. You get a recap of the Kyoto arc "without" having the same story told over again.

#3 It's a good way to get fan interest without investing too much money.

#4 If they made a Jinchu anime right of the bat, what if it did bad and got cancelled?

As I said before I don't think they are stupid enough to not listen to their fans who keep demanding the same thing. I believe this OVA is a test.

I'm just saying that hope is still not lost...you guys just have to wait a little longer and put faith in DEEN!....
hitenkenAug 21, 2011 9:31 AM
Aug 21, 2011 2:25 AM

Jul 2010
hitenken said:
Wait a second lets think about this for a moment. Why are they doing this when they know they know the fans only want the animation of the Jinchu arc? They probably don't just want to animate the Jinchu arc because most of this generation doesn't know anything about Rurouni Kenshin. So, they're are probably making this OVA to attract more fans and then create the Jinchu Arc OVA or something like that. The climax of the series is the Shishio arc so it is only natural that they would remake it with present day HD animation and then follow up and create the Jinchu arc. Maybe it's true , because people send them letters and email them all the time demanding Jinchu arc. They aren't that stupid to not listen to their fans...

in accordance
Aug 21, 2011 7:09 AM

Nov 2007
Yay~
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 21, 2011 7:59 AM

May 2007
hitenken said:

I'm just saying that hope is still not lost...you guys just have to wait a little longer and put faith in DEEN!....

Deen is the one constantly messing up the real thing over and over again, so putting faith in them... Dunno, not working for me.

On the other hand, the first Kenshin series had so much fillers (pirates and whatnot) and modifications (the Raijuta part was over-dramatized...) that starting a new anime from the beginning wouldn't hurt, even if the Kyoto arc itself was well made. They could do the whole series in about 60 episodes.
I was really hoping for a new "FMA:BH"-thing, where they just re-do the whole story, but I have less and less hope left...

Btw, they should just get the staff of Busou renkin (they did quite a good job on that Watsuki work), keep the first series' music composer; plus add Kurosaki Kaoru (a pro novelist / screenplay writer + Watsuki's wife / co-writer of his recent works => expert and knows Watsuki's world better than any other screenplay writer) to the staff and then all would be good. Okay, this is just a dream, I know :D

Ironically, I despise live-action adaptations (okay, with a FEW exceptions), but in this case, I'm more interested in that than in this anime.
'I think of my fellow men from the Shieikan as my lifelong comrades. My most proud and precious good fortune has been to have met all of you, Soji.' [Yamanami Keisuke, vice-commander, Shinsengumi]
Aug 21, 2011 8:14 AM
Oct 2008
... I guess I was too hopeful expecting a foot-to-toe remake
Aug 21, 2011 9:17 AM

Aug 2011
At first I thought ... oh no, guess they're trying to milk old classics with this one.

However ... as many of you have mentioned, there is still one arc to be published as an anime, Jinchu arc and as it takes place just after the Kyoto arc with Shishio it is only natural to introduce new viewers to this as an introduction and if that is really the case, I am happy.

The Kyoto arc blew my mind, so awesome was it, I even didn't care that the following filler arcs weren't just as good.

Tsuiokuhen is in my opinion the greatest thing to ever have seen the face of earth (in terms on anime) and the Jinchu arc is based around it, so I still believe ....
Aug 21, 2011 9:27 AM

Apr 2011
Fyndra said:
Deen is the one constantly messing up the real thing over and over again, so putting faith in them... Dunno, not working for me.

Well I think it's going to be alright because Kazuhiro Furuhashi is directing this and he's a very good director...
Aug 21, 2011 10:06 AM

Jun 2009
hahahahahahhahaha lmao
Aug 21, 2011 10:55 AM

Aug 2009
deen, please don't f this one up for once.
Aug 21, 2011 12:02 PM

Jul 2010
DAMN, i thought it would be a remake >< i am disappointed
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Aug 21, 2011 2:16 PM

May 2011
Bryce-kun said:
hahahahahahhahaha lmao

What is so funny?
"Giving one's name to someone about to die is meaningless." - Hiko Seijuurou
"There are no miracles in this world; there are only accidents, inevitabilities, and what you are going to do. That is it." - Himura Yuu
"A sword is a weapon. Swordsmanship is learning how to kill. No pretty words you say will change that." - Hiko Seijuurou
Aug 21, 2011 2:39 PM

Apr 2011
Seijurou said:
Bryce-kun said:
hahahahahahhahaha lmao

What is so funny?

Everyone has their own sense of humor but I don't know what was funny to him either..
Aug 21, 2011 2:59 PM

Nov 2007
hitenken said:

Here are a couple reasons why instead of the Jinchu arc there is 2-part OVA. Someone else with logic mentioned the following...

#1 Re-introduce RK to the masses

#2 The fans would get a recap of the Kyoto arc...

#3 It's a good way to get fan interest without investing too much money.

#4 If they made a Jinchu anime right of the bat, what if it did bad and got cancelled?

Did you realize that there you just made a couple of a couple of reasons XD!?

On other notes, I will be laughing like crazy if they fail to attract new fans with this shit. Deen has always been awful, and their take on anime is directed for female viewers in my opinion. Not that it is a bad thing, just their attempts to make shonen shows always fall hard. why dont they tag their shows as shoujo already I have no freakin' clue.

I am a huge Kenshin fan, but in all honesty Kenshin would never beat Gintoki in epicness. Spare me of one of my silly fantasies where Kenshin fights Gintoki, but I can already see who is in the receiver's end :D
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Aug 21, 2011 3:58 PM

Feb 2010
DGVHBJNZKMS Yeah when I heard this I got really upset.

The only thing we can pray for is that this new animation will bring about a lot of new fans and then they'll animate Jinchuu.

I mean I'll watch this, but I really don't see the point. i don't even like the new anime style it's too pretty. if that makes sense
Aug 21, 2011 6:24 PM

Nov 2007
Studio DEEN has really gone down the drain.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

70 by dodoxdo97 »»
3 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Today

3 by Maumuu »»
6 hours ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
9 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.