Forum Settings
Forums
PandoraHearts
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 19, 2011 4:07 PM

Sep 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
(raws and translation posted on PH LiveJournal)

HOLY #@$%... looks like shit has officially hit the fan!! O.O

Can't... breathe... from excitement... and possibly a mild panic attack.

That cliffhanger is EVIL! XD

Aug 19, 2011 5:08 PM

Apr 2009
Neiru2012 said:
HOLY #@$%

My. Reaction. Exactly.

HOLY F-ING CRAP. O___O

Ugh, Barma, wth?

Neiru2012 said:
I'm And WOOOW... Vincent versus Gil? Can Vince really rough up Gil if it comes to this? I never thought he'd be able to hurt him... .oO(sexxay) Hooboy, I really hope it's not a "Imma reverse time anyway so it don't matter if I kill you" sorta thing. ~_~;

Um, actually... I think he can. I mean, Gil even said it himself that Vince is a batter marksman than him, and their chains are both strong. Also, Vince can be relaxed in this because he know that, in a way, none of it is real. Or won't be soon enough. While Gil is probably kinda panicking.
Other than that.
WTH, Vincent?! Okay, I love him, but he really needs to grow the hell up. Can't he just enjoy the life that was so kindly given to him? The whole reversing time thing really annoys me. He may think it's really selfless and kind, but he's being kinda selfish in a way. Sure, he wants to help Gil, but he also gets some satisfaction from the fact that he's willing to sacrifice his life to help his dear brother. And he doesn't even think about the fact that if there wasn't for him, Gil wouldn't have ever met Jack. God damn it, Vincent. Besides, he shouldn't waste energy with that chain. His seal will move faster...

Fantastic. I'll never fall asleep now. This + my insomnia = f-ing perfection. ><
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
Aug 19, 2011 6:31 PM

Sep 2009
GracefulDownfall said:
Neiru2012 said:
Can Vince really rough up Gil if it comes to this? I never thought he'd be able to hurt him...

Um, actually... I think he can. I mean, Gil even said it himself that Vince is a batter marksman than him, and their chains are both strong.

Oh no no no... I KNOW Vincent is able to hurt Gil badly power vs power. I consider Vince more powerful than Gil, and with a less restrained violent disposition on top of that. I just mean Gil is EVERYTHING to Vince and I never thought he could ever bring himself to hurt a hair on Gil's head and would murder anyone for trying.

GracefulDownfall said:
Also, Vince can be relaxed in this because he know that, in a way, none of it is real. Or won't be soon enough. While Gil is probably kinda panicking.

Yeah... I wonder if he can just tell himself that whatever he does now doesn't matter because he's determined to fix/reverse everything. But even then, hurting his beloved Nii-san? T_T
Aug 20, 2011 7:02 AM

Sep 2010
aaaah this chapter. THIS CHAPTER. sd;klfj I don't know what to believe in anymore ;w;
Aug 20, 2011 12:38 PM

Apr 2009
Neiru2012 said:
Yeah... I wonder if he can just tell himself that whatever he does now doesn't matter because he's determined to fix/reverse everything. But even then, hurting his beloved Nii-san? T_T

Yeah, it is weird. But you know, so is Vincent.

Well, apparently he can. He seems pretty convinced that he will get to change the past in the end, so nothing that he does now matters.
Though I don't think he'll seriously hurt Gil. He just needs to distract him while Oz and Leo fight, and.. No offense to Gil, but I think it would be pretty easy to mess him up.
Besides, Vince is smart enough to know that sometimes you have to hurt the person you love to help/save them. It's just that Vincent's way of helping is idiotic.
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
Aug 20, 2011 12:45 PM

Sep 2009
Vincent can mess Gil up with words alone. He's done it before. I think Vince can play defensive against Raven as long as it takes him to disarm Gil psychologically (not too long).

Also, Barma really reminds me of Snape right now.
Aug 21, 2011 12:48 AM

Nov 2007
Alot has happened. And That Red long hair guy ...
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 21, 2011 4:47 AM

Apr 2009
Neiru2012 said:
Vincent can mess Gil up with words alone. He's done it before. I think Vince can play defensive against Raven as long as it takes him to disarm Gil psychologically (not too long).

This.
God... Gil's such a wimp.. :|

Neiru2012 said:
Also, Barma really reminds me of Snape right now.

Hmm? *tilts head* Why?
You definitely think that the murder is fake then?
deadoptimist said:
Aug 21, 2011 5:33 AM

Sep 2009
***HARRY POTTER SPOILERS***

Snape was a double agent, and when he killed Dumbledore, he did so under Dumbledore's orders and with a bigger plan in mind. Cheryl's death might be fake, but if it's not, I think Barma is a double agent too, and maybe Cheryl knew or approved of what he was doing, as well. Barma is many things, but I still don't think he'd kill his best friend without a sympathetic reason. He certainly knows more about the whole Baskerville/Abyss situation than virtually anyone else, so I think there's a bigger picture to his actions.
Aug 22, 2011 6:53 AM

Apr 2009
Oh, okay. If you put it that way it makes sense.
Moral standards in Pandora Hearts are a bit strange sometimes though..
This page doesn't really tell much either.

I don't know, the reason why I think he may not be 'good' is that we just had u 'surprise' with Vincent. and seeing two characters going from "omg he's evil!" to "well, his reasoning kinda makes sense" seems like a bit too much. Besides, this with Barma really is a shock and the author has her moments like that sometimes..
deadoptimist said:
Aug 25, 2011 12:45 AM

Dec 2009
WHERE DID YOU GUYS READ THIIIIIIS~!?

I'm trying not to read what you guys are talking about in the chapter because I hate spoiling shit DX
Aug 25, 2011 10:48 AM
Feb 2009
@gennymon

then u better not read our post, coz this chapter blows my mind away

p.s. chinese translation is out
oblivious is a bliss
Aug 25, 2011 9:52 PM

Sep 2009
I love how Leo is smiling through all this. It takes a very special kind of broken to smile while you're depressed and attacking your friends. I know that facial expression well.
Aug 27, 2011 8:06 AM

Dec 2009
"You sound just like Gilbert Nightray"
XD
& i really love the flashbacks, Jack's smile is so beautiful. <3
& Lacie seems so pretty, just like Alice.
LiinahAug 30, 2011 4:09 PM
Aug 29, 2011 10:25 AM

Mar 2009
Glen and Jack flashbacks always make my day ( 〃ω〃)
RUFUSSS. WHAAAT. I also kind of doubt Cheryl is dead but still...AAAH ;A;
Aug 29, 2011 10:26 AM

May 2010
The chapter is translated!
http://fallensyndicate.com/reader/reader/read/pandora_hearts/en/0/64/page/1

This chapter was all over the place. It was cool to see the Jabberwock in action. And fighting with Raven! Awesome! I wonder too what Vincent and Gil will end up doing.

And Lacie and Glen in the alley? There are lots of little teasers in this chapter....must think about it some more....
Aug 29, 2011 10:53 AM

Nov 2007
Every single pandora hearts chapter never fails to make me say HOLY SHIT by the time the last page is read....gg PH and Barma...what the FUCK are you doing!?
Aug 29, 2011 11:29 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
Gahhh I want to see what happens .... There are too many questions and every time it makes me want more than less T^T

Damn you Barma, I actually liked the guy! I didn't think he was gonig to betray them ! Now I'll start suspecting every single one of them T.T
Aug 29, 2011 12:05 PM

Aug 2011
Im so confused...but excited...i dont think Barma did the killing though...if he did...guess he relli was scheming
Aug 29, 2011 12:46 PM
Oct 2010
OMFG *taking a deep breath* ok...

There must be something beneath that...Nightray household is one thing...but Barmas's?! Well, actually those guys were never trust-able: Miranda Barma; Isla Yura...Also Duke Barma is that kind of character whom we never know what to expect...he probably has some kind of dark objective plus some dark past...but still that wasn't like him. He was worried and uneasy in the last chapter...why was that? Aff, I didn't want to think of Barma as an enemy, but, even though it's not completely clear what exactly happened with the Rainsworth Duchess, considering Barma household's record...damn you Rufus! What are you planning...or should I say: what were you planning all this time?

Seriously, my head's spinning (as usual after reading PH)...Rufus looked so loyal and respectful to Cheryl. Something weird is going on...what now? Does this manga ever take a break?!
Well, my bet is that is something to do with Barma's household...I hope we may get some information on Miranda Barma and Barma's side of the story on the next chapters.

Regarding the first part of the chapter: Leo was attacking then it got mysterious. Leo vs Oz; Echo (Ego...lol) vs Alice; Vince vs Gil (hoho the brothers...) Making Oz have to face Leo all by himself...what's Leo's goal? Why doesn't Alice want Oz to use B-rabbit power? She's worried with him :3 I bet that if Oz uses it, this time, maybe we'll see some heavy side effect or something...just guessing...
The flashback was so cute... and Lacie made an appearance o/ Just what a great chapter!

Shooort chapter. Funny, it felt normal to me, then I looked at the page number and :O
Oh, and I hope Cheryl's not dead :O

Summary:
game8910 said:
Every single pandora hearts chapter never fails to make me say HOLY SHIT by the time the last page is read....gg PH and Barma...what the FUCK are you doing!?
RianriAug 29, 2011 2:26 PM

Aug 29, 2011 1:37 PM

Feb 2010
dam cliffhanger^^

game8910 said:

+1
Aug 29, 2011 4:59 PM

Aug 2011
Okay, I'm entirely lost now. Barma, what? My brain can't process that right now...

But in anycase, the part where Break noticed he was being followed reminded me of this: http://www.mangareader.net/pandora-hearts/15/29

I was completely lost as to who that person could've been, but now come to think of it it would make sense if it's just Rufus's spies keeping tabs. Of course, I suppose it could still be something else altogether.

There are a lot of ideas my brain considers, but most of them don't make sense to me, so it's a bit of a lost cause to try to explain them (oh pandora hearts, what you do to our brains).

Tarantelle. The title's interesting, even if not outstandingly relevent. The only other place I've come across the word is when reading the play "A Doll's House". not saying that the play and manga have any relation; both of them just happen to refer to a fast, spinning folkdance and I suppose it fits with the general chaos breaking loose in this chapter, plus the line "the world dances to a new tragedy" (Would 'towards' instead of 'to' be a better translation? Or is 'to' really the best choice?)

Oh. The black feathers in the picture with Cheryl vexed me. It's unlikely that Leo could've gotten there and done it that fast, right? (Except that's what I thought it was at first, mostly because of " Before we realized it, the enemy is already on our doorstep" and it would give some purpose to Leo's running off) Owl is completely unknown... Except I do think that Cheryl was/is its contractor, I remember someone saying that the Rainsworth and Barma hosueholds had the ideal situation with the head of house being the contractor of a black winged chain... But I suppose Shelly/Sherry is also a possibility (Come to think of it, how ridiculous would it be if Lotti Baskerville was a Charlotte Rainsworth?).

And then there's Dodo, and considering the blood on Rufus it's not out of the question. Except Dodo can also make illusions, and come to think of it, what's to say it's not just an illusion? Well, there's Break's instincts (Which is a very bad idea to discount, but at the same time there are a bunch of other reasons to be concerned), and if it's just an illusion it kind of doesn't fit with chaos setting (does that even count as a reason? It could still work. Except I'm pretty sure Cheryl had a rule against making illusions of her. But Barma never listens...)

Could the blood from Cheryl and blood on Rufus be unrelated? There's been deceptive panelling before; http://www.mangareader.net/pandora-hearts/39/34

While we're at it, the only black chain we can really discount is Raven. Zai has been missing for quite some time now (I really thought there'd be more to do with him after chapter 60 with the developments with Duke Nightray, but I was wrong... As usual...). But now I'm getting to far fetched and carried away, aren't I?

I have to say, those Barma are tricky. Never have any idea what they're planning or whose side they're on (Well, okay, I suppose you can say that Arthur was on Jack's side. probably. Miranda, on the other hand....) Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to put the nebulous, nonsensical theories lurking in my head into any more coherent order, so I suppose I'll have to stop now... Except how much of the above even counts as coherent? Oh dear, I'm sorry.

On another note... It's nice to see Jack and Glen, and definitely Lacie... But at the same time, I was little disappointed. Was the point of that? I suppose slowly developing the point, but... Did that flashback really add anything? Oh well. I'm just a little annoyed, because even when we first saw Lacie, I could just hear her saying something along the lines of 'hey, what's your name' (like when I saw the picture with Vincent thinking "that way, Gil could've stayed in the sunshine forever" I could just hear Gil saying 'bye-bye' in a disgustingly cheerful voice) and it makes this seem a little repetitive. It's a minor complaint, though, I probably shouldn't be saying anything, should I? In anycase, it's beyond my understanding, but there are things that seemed pointless earlier that ended up being logical, so I'll reserve judgment and trust Mochizuki.

And hello. I'm new here, and entirely way too obsessed with pandora hearts.
RaemyaAug 29, 2011 5:40 PM
Aug 29, 2011 5:55 PM
Aug 2009
Someone with a black-winged Chain killed Cheryl. There are five black-winged Chains. Jabberwock and Raven are currently in Reveil. Cheryl herself has the Owl. Rufus has the Dodo, and Zai has the Gryphon.

So either Zai or Rufus killed her. Rufus is bloodstained. Zai is supposedly missing, and it would be a stretch for him to appear in Pandora and get close enough to the Duchess to murder her. Rufus can easily get close to her. He also has a motive - her key. The Baskervilles presumably have 2/5 (Baskerville and Nightray), and Rufus has 2/5 (his and Cheryl's) if he managed to steal her key. If he's a Baskerville, that means that the Baskervilles now have 4/5, with the Vessalius key being the last one.

There are two sealing stones left, and he looks like he's about to destroy one of them. So that leaves 1/5 sealing stones left, as well.
Aug 29, 2011 6:08 PM

Aug 2011
Keys can't be seized by violence. Until this point, I've always thought that Rufus killing Cheryl would be a ludicrous idea. (And I might cry if its true. I always thought that Rufus had one, single lonely soft spot for Cheryl, and found onesided Rufus/Cheryl strangely adorable... Oh Rufus... What are you doing...?) I feel rather inclined to agree with what some others have been saying, though, that Cheryl's death is either fake or/(and) agreed to/part of a plan. But sadly I can't entirely discard that Rufus may have just killed Cheryl in cold blood... Ugh, that's a sad thought though.

Why would Rufus want to break a sealing stone? How would Glen's consciousness awakening help him? Not sure how the Baskervilles have the Nightray's key either... I suppose its impossible they managed it somehow without ever showing us, but I've always seen it as Vincent being careless and getting the Nightray key lost by killing Duke Nightray.

Rufus a baskerville? Ow, my head really will explode if that's the case 0.0 But I suppose it would give him a motive for breaking the sealing stone, if that's what he's doing... And it'd also cut down the number of players down to two, because if Cheryl's dead and Rufus is a baskerville then Pandora is effectively down. I mean, there's Oscar, but he'd just side with Oz, wouldn't he?

I reread the chapter ((for the 3rd or 4th time...) and I've thought of this before, but... What the heck was Glen doing huddled under a coat in middle of an alley? I mean, would a baskerville noble really be doing something like that? Was it before Glen became a baskerville (or rather in his case gained the souls/memories of the previous)? Seems like the most likely case... I'd almost think that Lacie was the previous Baskerville head; Alice did say that those chosen by the head of the baskervilles(well, she said glen in the manga, to fit the situation? Or was it unique, something that changed with the appearance of the Will?) would have his soul swallowed and die, could that also be interpreted as a sacrifice to the abyss? However, this - http://www.mangareader.net/pandora-hearts/37/31 - page shows Glen as a Baskerville with Lacie, so I guess not. Still, would be very interesting if lacie was the previous baskerville head. But in any case, I'm thoroughly curious as to what Glen was before a baskerville, and who the previous baskerville head was. I wonder if we'll ever know... (And a part of me really really really wants to see a fanart of a young Jack and Glen, even though I highly doubt they knew each other as children...) While rambling about this, I might as well add, why is it that Gil was supposed to be the next Head? Wouldn't Glen rather choose someone else, if Jack really wanted him to? What was so special about Gil? Is there something special about him? Could it have something to do with why he was sold as well as Vincent?

Wait, what? The more I think about this, the less sense it's making. In middle of an alley, Lacie walks up and says hi to Glen? She seems pretty young too. I might be a little disturbed if they were lovers. And it was snowing?! The dress she has is sleeveless, and has always struck me as a summer dress. Wtf? Were they just both lost on the streets and a lonely Lacie reached out to someone who looked like he needed a companion? ... I'm confused. And that can entirely be read in a disturbing, inappropriate way, even though that's not what I'm getting at.

Echo, I'm sorry, but I really don't get what the hell you're getting at. I suppose that might've been the point, but, um, what...?

Confusion. Confusion. Confusion. Must not think too much about alice or B. Rabbit, or my brain really will explode. Why do I bother with this manga again?

This manga. Not good for my brain... Or going to sleep. This must be the fifth time I've come back here after trying to fall asleep and coming up with further rants on ph. I'm so hopeless...
RaemyaAug 29, 2011 7:53 PM
Aug 29, 2011 8:26 PM

Jan 2010
<head explodes>

As it always does when I read a new chapter of Pandora Hearts. TT.TT
Aug 29, 2011 8:33 PM

Jun 2009
Neiru2012 said:
sted on PH LiveJournal)

HOLY #@$%... looks like shit has officially hit the fan!! O.O

Well it is about time. I am so happy with this chapter~

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Aug 29, 2011 9:04 PM

Sep 2010
Cholisose said:
<head explodes>

As it always does when I read a new chapter of Pandora Hearts. TT.TT

Same here.

This was a nice chapter though.

Oh no Vinny is going to fight Gil. D8 This should be interesting.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Aug 30, 2011 2:25 AM
Aug 2009
Whaaaaaaaaaaaat? No, wait, for real? Duke Barma?

Rianri said:
Seriously, my head's spinning (as usual after reading PH)...Rufus looked so loyal and respectful to Cheryl. Something weird is going on...what now? Does this manga ever take a break?!
Well, my bet is that is something to do with Barma's household...I hope we may get some information on Miranda Barma and Barma's side of the story on the next chapters.

This manga is crazy and in last chapters everything just turned upside down O.o but I'm quite sure next chapter will help us to understand a little Barma's motive. Or maybe not ;)

I wonder if Cheryl is really dead :(
Aug 30, 2011 5:08 AM

Dec 2009
I like how everyones jumping to the conclusion that RuRu killed her. HE MAY HAVE TRYED TO PROTECT HER AND FAILED./shot

But, in my heart, he totally is not evil. It's either fale or a snape thing.
No way in hell he would kill her unless she was already going to die soon and it worked for them, he loves her to much. I mean, if he was going to kill her out of hate or something, he would have done it when she left him for Shellys dad.

BUT VINCE! VINCEYYYYYYYYYYYYYY WHAT THEY SHIT IS WITH YOU!? I just wanna slap you.
I do think he could hurt Gil, I mean he poisoned him remember. Also, Vince has that twisted kind of mind where he'll be like "I could kill him now but that doesnt matter 'coz I'm going back in time anyway~!" -slaps vincent-

Vincents a really pretty name :3
Aug 30, 2011 7:36 AM

Apr 2009
You know what I just remembered?
The way Vincent talked about how they will defeat the Baskervilles (when he was playing chess with Oscar, around chapter 20). It was almost the same as the way Barma explained everything in this chapter.
That's probably irrelevant, but I just had to put it out there.

Raemya said:
Tarantelle. The title's interesting, even if not outstandingly relevent.

Thank you for mentioning that, I completely forgot to pay attention to the title.
All of her chapter names seem to be somewhat relevant. For example, one could have predicted Elliot's death just by looking at the titles (they were lyrics to that nursery rhyme about Humpty Dumpty. We all know how it ends, so at some point it was safe to assume that Elliot will die)
So, tarantella.. The only connection that immediately comes to my mind is that the plot is moving pretty fast, and it's a fast dance, but that can't be relevant. xD I mean, the dance gives off a pretty happy feeling so...
The only thing that makes me wonder is this - Italians used to believe that if they danced tarantella they would be able to drive out the poison of a tarantula. So the person who got bitten would be dancing long enough to seem crazy. The spider isn't too poisonous though so they were probably just finding excuses to dance when the church was against dancing.
I don't think anyone cares about that, but it's the only interesting thing that I know about tarantella, so I felt like sharing. Just in case anyone sees a connection...(?)

Raemya said:
What the heck was Glen doing huddled under a coat in middle of an alley? I mean, would a baskerville noble really be doing something like that? Was it before Glen became a baskerville (or rather in his case gained the souls/memories of the previous)? Seems like the most likely case... I'd almost think that Lacie was the previous Baskerville head; Alice did say that those chosen by the head of the baskervilles would have his soul swallowed and die, could that also be interpreted as a sacrifice to the abyss? However, this - http://www.mangareader.net/pandora-hearts/37/31 - page shows Glen as a Baskerville with Lacie, so I guess not.

Maybe all the previous Baskerville heads were also swallowed by the Abyss? Yeah, never mind.
Your theory does make sense though... I was thinking the same thing, why would a noble be out in the streets when it's snowing? So it would be logical that he was still not a Baskerville. Remember, Leo was also poor and alone before he finally accepted his role as the next head of the dukedom.

Raemya said:
While rambling about this, I might as well add, why is it that Gil was supposed to be the next Head? Wouldn't Glen rather choose someone else, if Jack really wanted him to? What was so special about Gil? Is there something special about him? Could it have something to do with why he was sold as well as Vincent?

This. This. THIIIIS. I've been trying to figure that out for ages..
Also, what's special about Leo?

Raemya said:
The dress she has is sleeveless, and has always struck me as a summer dress. Wtf? Were they just both lost on the streets and a lonely Lacie reached out to someone who looked like he needed a companion?

That was my first thought as well. Who the hell would wear that if it's snowing?
Maybe. Or maybe she helped him out. Like Jack saved Gil and Vince.
Ugh, I'm so confused right now... ._.

-

Barma.... Ugh... I'm trying to find a clue here:
http://www.mangareader.net/pandora-hearts/63/10
but I'm failing.

GennyMon said:
Vincents a really pretty name :3

I know, isn't it?**
Though somehow, all real life Vincents are not attractive at all... < That was shallow and irrelevant but w/e.
deadoptimist said:
Aug 30, 2011 4:50 PM

Sep 2009
GennyMon said:
I do think he could hurt Gil, I mean he poisoned him remember.

That was Ernest and Claude. And Vince was PISSED.
Aug 31, 2011 1:03 PM

Aug 2011
GracefulDownfall said:
You know what I just remembered?
The way Vincent talked about how they will defeat the Baskervilles (when he was playing chess with Oscar, around chapter 20). It was almost the same as the way Barma explained everything in this chapter.
That's probably irrelevant, but I just had to put it out there.

Hm, really? I suppose both of them had little representive tokens. As for tone... When I first reread the chapter with Vincent and Oscar, I remember being kinda like, wtf, Vincent, since when did you care so much about Pandora's goals. After 61 came out, I just had to shake my head. You're that excited about erasing your existance?

Well, in any case, in this chapter Rufus mentioned that the Baskervilles are illegal contractors, and I wonder if that's merely that they aren't legal contractors, or that they are similar to Oz/Elliot/typical-illegal-contractor-definition. I doubt the Baskervilles (or the majority of them) made their contracts to change their past, and Zwei has had Duldum for 10 years. Too bad we didn't see Leo's contracting Jabberwock, although maybe we will sometime.

Mm, I'm sorry. I never did manage to compare the tones of the two conversations. Well, chances are both Rufus and Vincent were holding back a good deal of information (mm, on second thought, they definitely are, Rufus never said anything regarding 'count eyrie' other than 'give up on that'. Truth be told, I'm a little wary if this hither-to unknown nobleman whose only connection is Barma. True, Yura had Nightray connections, but...). The situation in this chapter is a lot more dire than the Oscar & Vince one, and there was no excitement in this or input from the other side (Oscar & vince cut to a scene with the Baskervilles at one point). Barma. I have no idea what you're up to. But I'd really like to know...

Same goes for Leo. I might've attributed his running off as an emotional reaction to hearing Lacie (Come to think of it, neither he nor Elliot knew about that watch, did they? I wonder if Leo recognizes it (watch, not song, obviously) anyways...), but I feel inclined to trust Oz's judgment, which if is correct, means he's after something else. What? I have no idea what that could be. Oh, August is practically over. That's one good relief. And... Leo... I still am not sure what to make of him and all these new developments with him... Just that I epically fail with judging his character.

(When I first came across him, watching the anime, it was when I was coming off a phase of always obsessing over minor characters and wishing and wishing and wishing they would have more time and development. When I saw Leo, I was finally able to be like 'okay. He's a minor character that'll probably never do anything more than a significant contributor to some arc about Elliot, but that's fine, and I'll still enjoy it.' Which is just such an epic fail now that I don't know if I should laugh, cry, or bang my head into a wall, repeatedly. Unfortunately, I was so blinded by that preconception I failed to recognize the warning flags in ch 50 and didn't realize he was glen's reincarnation until 58 (the panelling in 57 threw me off, and amidst the thousand other revelations, I kinda forgot the bit about Lacie.))

Erm, sorry about that irrelevent rant. Anyways... Vincent, don't point a gun at your brother. I figure you're just trying to keep isolated/away from getting involved with... whatever is going on, but even so... I know the power between Gil and Vince was discussed earlier, but I wonder if Gil would kill Vince; how far he would have to pushed to do so, whether and how much he'd regret/feel sorry about it. Eh, I don't know (why I'm even talking about this). This is just another irrelevent rant, isn't it? In anycase, in the off-chance Vince does get killed, now or any other time, would Leo still try to grant his wish?

Well, aside from my nonsensical ramblings, what about you peoples?

.... Alright, question, who thinks that Rufus tapping Oz with his fan was merely an acknowledgment or was it something else? I kinda want to say that Rufus did something then, but at the same maybe really not? I don't know what to make of it (there's way too much I don't know what to make of in this manga! Why do I love it so, why!!!), does anyone else have a thought?

On that. Or anything else?
RaemyaAug 31, 2011 5:05 PM
Sep 1, 2011 4:05 AM

Apr 2010
Umm... I would like to point this out... Has anyone noticed that if you scramble the letters of the name 'Lacie', you can get 'Alice'?
Sep 1, 2011 4:10 AM

Sep 2010
shellykanto said:
Umm... I would like to point this out... Has anyone noticed that if you scramble the letters of the name 'Lacie', you can get 'Alice'?

Actually I think we known this for quite a while now. xD
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Sep 4, 2011 6:02 PM

Jul 2009
Promptly lost my shit at the little Lacie backstory we got
Tbh, it's what has me most intrigued

ALSO
Whatdafuck Barma?
How dare you kill one of my FAVORITE characters?
You don't just go around killing BAMFs
It's not cool

Leo has clearly gone off the deep end
Oh well. I still love him though

Bluuhhh I hate seeing Break and Sharon so sad
I mean just look at their reactions
Utterly crushed

Yay Liam woke up

Can't wait for the next chapter
Sep 4, 2011 6:14 PM

Jul 2009
Whoahohoho

Deep conversation is going on here

Frankly, at this point in the story I have no clue what is going to happen

I mean, 50 chapters ago I thought it was going to be about looking for Alice's memories
Oh hey wait
It's not.

Barma turned into Snape basically
I'm sure he had a good reason for killing her
I doubt he'd go double agent all of the sudden
I don't really care what that reason may be though
I just really want his head on a platter

He wrote her love letters for god's sake

Glen's omni-but-not-really narration has me wanting more
I mean, really, there are way too many unanswered questions as to who Lacie is and where Alice comes into the picture

I also just realized that Echo cannot qualify as a loli
She must be in her mid-20s
Mind = Blown
Sep 5, 2011 7:18 PM

Jun 2008
geez, dont ask me why, but i always had a bad feeling with Barma. Even if he didnt kill the grandma, i still cant trust him, dunno why. Ah, well, i think she must be dead. Ever since Elliot died, everything is possible. Besides if she is dead, Sharon will become the leader. it might be a good thing for her to get stronger.

But actually the best on this chapter to me was:
Gil x Vince. Vince is so...lelouch-ish now, trying to be be evil to protect his beloved brother XP I loved Gil´s face when Vince showed him his queen of hearts chain.

Leo x Oz had impact too, but mostly the scene where we can see Jack x Lacie x Glen flashback, like everything is repeating again. Glen vs Jack both inside of Oz x Leo.

as for Alice x Echo, id rather skip that part. it was funny, sure, but did not fit the dark atmosphere of the other fights. The two girls seemed two brats discussing useless things while the others were fighting for real.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Sep 5, 2011 8:29 PM

Apr 2009
Barma. Hmm.

I don't think the grandmother is dead. At this point.
Sep 6, 2011 3:18 AM

Sep 2009
Orulyon said:
Besides if she is dead, Sharon will become the leader.

Welll... technically, Shelly is next in line as leader of Rainsworth, so the only way Sharon can become leader is if Shelly remains missing in action or gives her authority to Sharon. (I really, really, really want Shelly to come back!!)
Sep 15, 2011 8:53 PM

Jan 2010
Do we know what happened to Shelly? Is she alive, for starters? I can't remember if she's been shown in the present day or not.
And has anything ever been mentioned about Sharon's father, for that matter? I'm kind of curious to learn more about Sharon at some point.
Sep 16, 2011 8:59 PM

Aug 2011
I'm not sure about Shelly, but I think I recall Break saying that she would kill him if anything happened to Sharon after the poisoining incident, so I'm inclined to think she's alive... As for sharon's father, well, I'm curious too, but I'm positive there's never been a male Rainsworth introduced or mentioned in the manga... So we'll have to wait and hope, or else never know...

(I really, really, really want Shelly to come back!!)

Seconded. AlthoughI'm not sure why I like Shelly when she hasn't said a word or been given a face, but, somehow I do. Maybe it's just the points she got for 'saving' Break...?
RaemyaSep 16, 2011 9:04 PM
Dec 3, 2015 8:54 AM

Aug 2014
So Duke Barma might possibly be evil? Leo going crazy and fighting in the middle of town? Vincent vs Gil? Holy damn this chapter is one of the best so far!
Sep 3, 2016 5:37 AM

Sep 2014
I really don't believe Rufus would do that, he looked so loyal to Cheryl, kinda doubt she's dead for some reason. I wonder what he's actually planning.
Myep, Leo's really fallen...
Lacie seems really important, wonder when they'll finally reveal her..
Vincent vs Gil, this should be interesting!
Dec 15, 2016 1:49 PM

Jan 2016
I think i've never seen this amount of plot twist in one piece of fiction before
i love it, it makes the story really interesting
Dec 25, 2017 9:26 AM

Mar 2015
Holy shit... didn't expect Barma to betray them like this. Especially since he was the one that has been feeding them actual GOOD info.

May 1, 2023 7:48 PM
Sep 2019
NOOOOOO not the Grandmother!!
Rufus is an antagonist now??? Whyyyy... I liked him so much.

So, Lacie is Alice after all? 
But then, is Lacie the original one basically and like Glen & Jack, Alice is just a reincarnation? Or is Lacie the one before the abyss got hold of Alice's body? SInce Lacie seemed to be younger a bit.

Also, the more I look at Reo, the more alike he and Alice look. Could they be related?
May 1, 2023 7:53 PM
Sep 2019
Neiru2013 said:
I just mean Gil is EVERYTHING to Vince and I never thought he could ever bring himself to hurt a hair on Gil's head and would murder anyone for trying.
That's true, but Vincent also gets turned on by hurting someone. He would kill anyone that just lays a hand on Gil, but that doesn't mean the same goes for him. He would probably torture the hell out of Gil, not kill him tho. All he wants is his brother to be alive, but that doesn't mean he can't put his kinks into action for a little bit...

You can also google that; classic mind/behavior of a psycho.

More topics from this board

» Is this better than Vanitas no Carte?

AjiX101 - Feb 17, 2022

10 by 234Mannan »»
Mar 6, 4:25 AM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Chapter 51 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Cho_Desu - Jul 18, 2010

59 by de9 »»
Jan 17, 5:12 PM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Chapter 49 Discussion

meeooowwwww - May 19, 2010

43 by de9 »»
Jan 17, 4:38 PM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Chapter 23 Discussion

Shouichirou - Jun 13, 2009

13 by de9 »»
Jan 14, 9:46 AM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Chapter 34 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Jul 10, 2009

38 by hidarslan »»
Dec 24, 2023 7:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.