MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Dantalian no Shoka Episode 6 Discussion

Pages (2) 0.8 [1.8]
Poll: Dantalian no Shoka Episode 6 Discussion

08-20-11, 8:50 PM

I love Flam! But Hal's an asshole sometimes. I like the ability of that staff. I wonder if it can do other stuff than just being a flamethrower. And I'm also interested in that eyepatch loli too.

What would happen if Huey and Flam were paired together instead of Huey and Dalian?

08-20-11, 8:53 PM

I liked the deep relationship between Hal and Flam, LOL.

In all seriousness, I wonder if this new duo are protagonists or antagonists. It'd be hard for them to be protagonists because it seems like they burn Phantom Books as fuel. Also, the part where Flam says "Nay, I am the world." sounds so..... manly?

08-21-11, 2:05 AM

darkerealm said:
No Dalian and no Lord Disward. :(
Initially, I thought Hal and Flam were looking for Dalian and her partner. Turns out there's more bibloprincesses than I thought.

Could be looking for Huey's grandfather and Dalian. Anyways they were hunting for phantom books so if their paths ever cross it'll turn into a fight.

08-21-11, 3:04 AM
News Moderator
Two new pair looks interesting, and they've been in OP for a long time? They search for a pair looks like Dalian pair (but different, who gave the female police the book).
Modified by tsubasalover, 08-21-11, 3:20 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

08-21-11, 3:38 AM

Why do these usually start off well but turn into utter shit when they start to explain things?
These two are much better than Huey and Dalian. I do especially like Flam. The fact that she's chained, Hal treats her like shit, and it looks like she's in pain when she's "unlocked" bother me.
And that staff. Lyrical Nanoha A's?
Modified by AngelicFeces, 08-21-11, 3:49 AM

08-21-11, 5:12 AM

That Flam talks like a male, compete with "ore" and all... wierd.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。

08-21-11, 7:06 AM

lol those two dont even bother reading books unlike Dalian and Huey
I mean Dalian reads all the time and Huey at least casts spells written in the books (though that is quite slow indeed)
But i like Flam xD

08-21-11, 7:33 AM

Dat Koshimizu Ami as Flam, i'm so in. ヽ( °٢° )ノ
But anyway, suddenly new characters everywhar. A way of appealing to the watchers now after such a repeatable start?
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー

08-21-11, 7:44 AM

So, this is where the actual plot might start?
I mean, surely Hal and Flam aren't just some random strangers that popped in during one episode, right? They'll play a larger role in this, right?
And on that note, Hal's got some pretty cool stuff.

OrochiPL said:
Dat Koshimizu Ami as Flam, i'm so in. ヽ( °٢° )ノ
Oh, yeah. I forgot about that until now.
My thoughts exactly.

And while we're at it,
Deleth said:
Isn't this a case of "you fail history forever"? I'm pretty sure there weren't bombers like that untill World War 2.
They did something similar in the previous episode too, though it wasn't quite as obvious. That typewriter was way before its time.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.

08-21-11, 9:50 AM

The new key keeper Hal and his dantalian Flam is pretty cool especially that cartridge load weapon(like nanoha ) !!

But I'm also interested the other I hope they will show them later !!

08-21-11, 10:45 AM

At least it looks like some kind of plot is starting to form with that eye patch girl probably being the main villain.

08-21-11, 12:06 PM

Wow, this was actually a really good and solid episode! I really enjoyed it.

DesolateOne said:
It's interesting how they made it seem like Dalian and Huey were the bad guys...or was that their prior self? Are Huey and Dalian reincarnated? For some reason, I feel it's something like that.

I think it was Huey's grandpa though, Dalian looked way younger than she does now.
Modified by Samu-tan, 08-21-11, 12:09 PM
Dat non-functional bbcode

08-21-11, 1:42 PM

STM said:
Wow, this was actually a really good and solid episode! I really enjoyed it.

DesolateOne said:
It's interesting how they made it seem like Dalian and Huey were the bad guys...or was that their prior self? Are Huey and Dalian reincarnated? For some reason, I feel it's something like that.

I think it was Huey's grandpa though, Dalian looked way younger than she does now.

It was most likely the yomihime in the op with the eye-keyhole and her respective partner.

08-21-11, 6:10 PM

Deleth said:
Seems to be shortly after World War 1. Since it was stated that the war was over and the main guy was flying a plane back in war. But planes at that time, weren't really good and there were no long range bombers either.

Yeah, one could call artistic freedom here. But whatever.

No, the Germans did run a dedicated aerial bombing campaign in WW I using bombers. This came after the Zeppelin bombing raids in the early part of the war. See, for example, Neil Hanson's "First Blitz":

http://www.neilhanson.co.uk/book5.php

It's generally available in paperback from Amazon books. I've read it, and it's quite a fascinating and exciting book.

08-21-11, 7:56 PM

Cartridge Load? Where's my Divine Buster? Raising Heart!? Bardiche!? Where are you!?

Flamberg is way better than Dantalian.

08-21-11, 8:28 PM

Fun episode, but I miss Huey and Dalian. Yes.

08-21-11, 10:51 PM

I hope this doesn't go on too much longer. Dalian and Huey are waaay better characters. This show was one of my favorites running right now (aside from Steins Gate), I hope they don't screw it up.
ELE, Everybody Love Everybody...C'MON!!! - Jackie Moon

08-21-11, 11:07 PM

I can not stand Flam's voice. And I don't really care for her or Hal either.

08-22-11, 12:50 AM

really liked the new characters, Hal was a cool guy and Flam had a fun personality. probably my fav episode so far, seemed less episodic and boring in a way. granted I miss the main characters but I definitely want these 2 to stick around.

08-22-11, 9:45 AM

Kinzo said:
I can not stand Flam's voice.

Lol wat.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー

08-22-11, 11:41 AM

Huey plunges his hand into Dalian's chest while Flam goes naked and Hal reaches for her stomach lol nice. Flam and Hal's relationship is almost as good as Dalians and Huey. I do wonder if they are going to be good guys or not, though I like them either way.

I miss Dalian too. :/ Oh and just how many biblioprincesses are there..

08-22-11, 1:15 PM

People saying Hal is a good character you have some bad taste, hes quite simply a dick hes a massive prick hes about as bad as Kurenai Gekkou from Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi and about as bad a character. To top it all off not only is this guy a crap character but hes a rip off Nanoha or Fate from magical girl lyrical nanoha. Being a prick does not make you a good character.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/

08-22-11, 1:18 PM

Slicer22 said:
People saying Hal is a good character you have some bad taste, hes quite simply a dick hes a massive prick hes about as bad as Kurenai Gekkou from Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi and about as bad a character.
I don't see it as something negative to compare him to Gekkou though. ( ¬‿¬)
They both have terrible personalities, and who doesn't like a character acting like a jerk?
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.

08-22-11, 1:23 PM

Oosran said:
Slicer22 said:
People saying Hal is a good character you have some bad taste, hes quite simply a dick hes a massive prick hes about as bad as Kurenai Gekkou from Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi and about as bad a character.
They both have terrible personalities, and who doesn't like a character acting like a jerk?
Shounen loving faggots who like male lead's acting like Touma spouting bullshit about justice and whatnot and wanting to protect every fucking person in the world. Though Touma is actually cool like, he punches lolis and stuff, he just spouts some real bullshit.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー

08-22-11, 1:36 PM

OrochiPL said:
Oosran said:
Slicer22 said:
Shounen loving faggots who like male lead's acting like Touma spouting bullshit about justice and whatnot and wanting to protect every fucking person in the world. Though Touma is actually cool like, he punches lolis and stuff, he just spouts some real bullshit.

Sure i like characters like Touma hes a good character and its not bullshit what he says it makes sense and is justified. Hal is more someone who talks bullshit but they would probably try justify him with some weak sad past. Though not to say that there are not some darker characters or more foul mouther characters that are done well like Accelerator hes actualy done well, hal is just a crap attempt at it and apprently mixed in some magical girl to him as well.

I know i used a to aru majutsu character as description for a good darker character but when i think dark protagonist or anti hero but Accelerator really is one that was done well, tbh hes one of the best and first one that comes to my mind
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/

08-23-11, 6:37 AM

Gosh, I hate Flam's voice. But the character seems to be nice, though.

I am not saying that I don't like HalxFlam duo, but I prefer HueyxDalian (reading posts from this thread made me miss "yes").
And in my opinion - the third pair of characters seem to be the bad ones.

Oh, and I was really startled at the beginning. I tried to somehow link Huey with Hal... But it seems that the whole connection will be revealed in next episodes.
http://fairy-end.myminicity.com - please click me sometimes xD

08-23-11, 9:00 AM

I really love Flam but I couldn't really tell if she was a girl or a boy due to her voice but I like it because it matches her character. I love Hal too, he's so awesome with his staff and baritsu.

I'm a little worried since it seems that they mistook Huey and Dalian to be the enemy(looking at Hal's description) and he looks more powerful than Huey, so if they were to meet...well....I don't think it would end well. I loved their transformation scene(unlocking the library), best one so far in my opinion.

Here's some info on the two people we saw giving Mabel the Phantom Book:
Rest in peace Mikoto Suoh and Totsuka Tatara, you shall never be forgotten.
~May the two of you meet together in Heaven~

08-23-11, 7:42 PM

"Who said anything about reading it?"

Brilliant. I love these two. I was also wondering the entire time whether or not Flam is in fact a trap. The voice is not helping...

08-23-11, 7:54 PM

Flam completely freaked me out whe she yelled out when Hal stook her hand in her.

Using a GIF in your sig? Make sure to read the site & forum guidelines, section II.

08-25-11, 7:05 AM

Blackbird said:
I still prefer Hugh x Dalian.

Is this going to continue as it now or it will be back from it was in the beginning?

LoL when I hear cartridge load it's remind me of Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha xD

Totally !

08-25-11, 10:22 PM

Well that was different...

Baritsu, huh? It's Sherlock Holmes's martial art! XD
暑い

08-26-11, 12:52 PM

Dear christ Ami Koshimizu makes me moan with the power of her voice.

08-27-11, 7:48 PM

prismheart said:
Hal and Flam are more interesting than Hugh and Dalian. Yes, I just said it.

Thanks. I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking this. I'm kind of hoping that they are the real main characters, and Huey and Dalian are the antagonists. That kind of plot twist would make me love this series.

I really hate Dalian and Huey. :|

09-04-11, 11:02 PM

what the ???

09-05-11, 11:51 AM

The new characters aren't so bad. They're not particularly good either. The interesting part was seeing that duo who apparently are going around handing out Phantom Books. Are they the eventual Big Bads or is it the Count. Perhaps it's neither, but I'm intrigued by this at least.

09-05-11, 12:03 PM

This episode was muuuch better than most of the other episodes until now. At least it was not trashy stuff like last time, though what couldn't stop was implying prostitutes every 5 minutes. I like the new couple more than Huey and Dalian, the latter have more cliché characters, or at least it feels like that to me. Overall this show is very cliché too, but that's another story.

09-08-11, 6:25 PM

"Thanks for coming to my town and destroying everything, I hope I can feed myself alone now"
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone

09-09-11, 5:52 AM

Cool duo. Better than the other duo anyway.

09-25-11, 12:19 AM

That cartridge load really made me lol hard.

10-17-11, 6:54 PM

these 2 are almost like the inverted version of heuy and dailian.
Mormegil said:
My weekly dose of "YES" is missing this week. =(

yes i agree.

10-18-11, 3:49 PM

The way Hal took out the book from Flam is more brutal than the way Huey took out the book from Dalian. It's just like he thrusting it in to Flam's body (wait, that sounds weird....)

Anyway, good episode. I wonder why they like to insults each other though~

10-29-11, 12:47 AM

I lurve Flam~
She's so adorable XD

02-27-12, 1:16 PM

My second favorite episode from this series. Watching this episode for the thir-, no, maybe fourth time. Finally I'll be able to watch it normally 'cause the first time I had a stupid player that played the episode slowly and I hardly could enjoy it.
I love Flambergue, she's an awesome character. I love her voice as well. I don't get the point of using an character for just one episode. Was it just to show that there are more than one book's keeper or however it's called? Flam should be the main character, she's awesome, unlike Dalian.
And.. "You won't have time to read it". If he wanted, he would have time. Huey takes almost 3 minutes reading a book and everything works fine in the end lol.

rewatched episode

04-10-12, 1:33 AM

OH HI NANOHA! I mean ahem! The little girl is so mature it made me so happy when she smiled. Man i just love the mystery feel in this show. Though the use of the stick really brings out a magical girl feel.

Awesome Sig by Lailide

08-09-12, 3:41 AM

Hal and Flam make just a good a duo as Huey and Dalian if not better. The concept wasn't as interesting as the previous ones, this topic has been touched upon by others many times before, but at least the execution wasn't as bad as in the previous episodes. 4/5. I wonder if either them, or that other two in the flashback will be the final boss of the season.

Edit: A bonus point for the "Who said I'm gonna read it?" That was great.

01-29-13, 7:56 PM

Dalian is the best thing about the show, why have a whole episode without her? WHY!?

01-29-13, 11:45 PM

Finally, we see the other Biblioprincess & Gatekeeper pair from the OP. Guess they are good guys, which leaves the last pair to be the baddies.

Hal and Flam are like the exact opposite of Huey and Dalian. Lol.

02-16-13, 9:22 AM

Wahh, I thought there was only one Bibioprincess? Unless there really is and that was just Dalian in the past, maybe? I'm quite mind-blown, lol. Well, this episode got me more interested in this series^^

The talking part of the preview for the next episode got me hooked for the next episode!

What confused me is the break that happens in the middle of an episode. The title of the episode changes from what was stated in the beginning to what they state in the middle.. I don't even know if what I'm saying even makes sense >.<

Well, definitely missed Huey and Dalian in this episode >__<

12-04-14, 9:12 AM

The question is where did he take out the book from?

Pages (2) 0.8 [1.8]