Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 19, 2011 7:29 PM

Dec 2010
Deleth said:
Isn't this a case of "you fail history forever"? I'm pretty sure there weren't bombers like that untill World War 2.

There weren't phantom books either.

And who said it was a war based on real-life events?

Aug 19, 2011 8:04 PM

Apr 2011
I hope the people in town weren't actually screwing the doll-stitutes. That'd be gross.
"If you're not prepared to be wrong, you'll never come up with anything original." - Sir Ken Robinson
Aug 19, 2011 8:39 PM

Jun 2010
That was a cute scene where Flam and Patty were sleeping together.

Aug 19, 2011 8:51 PM

Oct 2010
DesolateOne said:
Deleth said:
Isn't this a case of "you fail history forever"? I'm pretty sure there weren't bombers like that untill World War 2.
Wrong there were. Phantom books can just be books of magic that are hard to acquire. That's all.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 19, 2011 9:00 PM

Jul 2010
lol They are completely opposite from Huey and Dalian.
Aug 19, 2011 9:21 PM
Sep 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
DesolateOne said:
Deleth said:
Wrong there were. Phantom books can just be books of magic that are hard to acquire. That's all.

What time period is this supposed to be in, anyway? Can anybody answer that question?
Aug 19, 2011 10:51 PM
Oct 2009
Seems to be shortly after World War 1. Since it was stated that the war was over and the main guy was flying a plane back in war. But planes at that time, weren't really good and there were no long range bombers either.

Yeah, one could call artistic freedom here. But whatever.
Aug 19, 2011 11:14 PM

Jan 2011
enjoyed this quite a bit,shame that these two aren't the main cast..and we'll be going back to hearing *yes* again..sigh.
Aug 20, 2011 7:05 AM

Aug 2010
katsu044 said:
enjoyed this quite a bit,shame that these two aren't the main cast..and we'll be going back to hearing *yes* again..sigh.

but dalian's *yes* is so full of awesomeness D: actually it just sounds unique hahaha
I like hal's and flam's character designs (especially the queer awesome-looking staff)
so from the chest to the abdomen, honestly when flam's abdomen opened like that it was quite freaky >_>;
the way the staff work is quite interesting, i take it the book is lost forever since its used for fuel but is it really worth it to burn a phantom book ._.;
oh and the third pair of umm guy-library girl made an appearance :D somehow i had a different thought of how the eye-patch girl was gonna talk/sound like but oh well
Aug 20, 2011 8:39 AM

Feb 2011
Flam is just <333
Aug 20, 2011 9:17 AM

Aug 2010
Was this an introduction episode for the protaginsts' new rivals or something? Anyway, I like Flamberge better than Dalian, but that ecchi-scene with the incredibly uncharming scream was uncalled for, as mentioned before by someone else.
Aug 20, 2011 9:45 AM

Jun 2010
I like Hal. He was so cool!!!
Aug 20, 2011 10:04 AM

Jan 2010
hmm i get the feeling all Hal is after is a good ole book burning of phantom books with his lil 'my mission is to dispose of phantom books and all who are into contact with them.' But nevertheless, Hal is awesome as hell though not as badass Huey....come on how often is it you see a protagonist wield both a revolver and rifle at the same time? Flam...hmm not much to say really though personally I do like her lil teasing attitude twoards Hal find it quiet funny. But other then that not feeling much from her though I did feel she has a bit of a kind side to her regarding the kid scene.
Aug 20, 2011 2:14 PM

May 2009
So... why aren't these two the main characters? One episode and they have easily stolen the whole show. This was honestly the best episode of this entire series.
Aug 20, 2011 3:32 PM

Jan 2010
So, from what I can deduce by just watching the anime, I feel like Dalian is "the" biblioprincess, and that the other two (and perhaps others), while not actually at her level, can still access some sort of library/libraries of forbidden knowledge. Frankly, calling them all biblioprincesses makes the term seem sort of like a name for a species instead of a title of some sort.
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Aug 20, 2011 5:27 PM

Mar 2008
Hal is a motherfucker.
Burn books?
Chaining Flam?
She feels pain when he picks up the book?

I already hate this bastard.
Aug 20, 2011 6:20 PM
Oct 2010
PaninaManina said:
Hal is a motherfucker.
Burn books?
Chaining Flam?
She feels pain when he picks up the book?

I already hate this bastard.

Flam is chained at her own discretion.
Aug 20, 2011 7:18 PM

Aug 2011
this episode was really good, with the introduction of those two new charactersm i think this show will get more interesting than it already is... :D
Aug 20, 2011 8:50 PM

Dec 2009
prismheart said:
Hal and Flam are more interesting than Hugh and Dalian. Yes, I just said it.

Yes, i agree. <3

Flam sounds like a boy, but i still enjoy her voice. I want more of her ;w;
If it happens to Hal and Fram to be shown on the later episodes, i may change my mind about this anime. C:
Aug 20, 2011 8:50 PM

Dec 2010
I love Flam! But Hal's an asshole sometimes. I like the ability of that staff. I wonder if it can do other stuff than just being a flamethrower. And I'm also interested in that eyepatch loli too.

What would happen if Huey and Flam were paired together instead of Huey and Dalian?
Aug 20, 2011 8:53 PM

Jul 2011
I liked the deep relationship between Hal and Flam, LOL.

In all seriousness, I wonder if this new duo are protagonists or antagonists. It'd be hard for them to be protagonists because it seems like they burn Phantom Books as fuel. Also, the part where Flam says "Nay, I am the world." sounds so..... manly?
Aug 21, 2011 2:05 AM

Sep 2009
darkerealm said:
No Dalian and no Lord Disward. :(
Initially, I thought Hal and Flam were looking for Dalian and her partner. Turns out there's more bibloprincesses than I thought.

Could be looking for Huey's grandfather and Dalian. Anyways they were hunting for phantom books so if their paths ever cross it'll turn into a fight.
Aug 21, 2011 3:04 AM

Nov 2007
Two new pair looks interesting, and they've been in OP for a long time? They search for a pair looks like Dalian pair (but different, who gave the female police the book).
tsubasaloverAug 21, 2011 3:20 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 21, 2011 3:38 AM

Sep 2010
Why do these usually start off well but turn into utter shit when they start to explain things?
These two are much better than Huey and Dalian. I do especially like Flam. The fact that she's chained, Hal treats her like shit, and it looks like she's in pain when she's "unlocked" bother me.
And that staff. Lyrical Nanoha A's?
AngelicFecesAug 21, 2011 3:49 AM
Aug 21, 2011 5:12 AM

Nov 2009
That Flam talks like a male, compete with "ore" and all... wierd.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Aug 21, 2011 7:06 AM

Sep 2009
lol those two dont even bother reading books unlike Dalian and Huey
I mean Dalian reads all the time and Huey at least casts spells written in the books (though that is quite slow indeed)
But i like Flam xD
Aug 21, 2011 7:33 AM

Jun 2009
Dat Koshimizu Ami as Flam, i'm so in. ヽ( °٢° )ノ
But anyway, suddenly new characters everywhar. A way of appealing to the watchers now after such a repeatable start?
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Aug 21, 2011 7:44 AM

Jan 2009
So, this is where the actual plot might start?
I mean, surely Hal and Flam aren't just some random strangers that popped in during one episode, right? They'll play a larger role in this, right?
And on that note, Hal's got some pretty cool stuff.

OrochiPL said:
Dat Koshimizu Ami as Flam, i'm so in. ヽ( °٢° )ノ
Oh, yeah. I forgot about that until now.
My thoughts exactly.

And while we're at it,
Deleth said:
They did something similar in the previous episode too, though it wasn't quite as obvious. That typewriter was way before its time.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 21, 2011 9:50 AM

May 2010
The new key keeper Hal and his dantalian Flam is pretty cool especially that cartridge load weapon(like nanoha ) !!

But I'm also interested the other I hope they will show them later !!
Aug 21, 2011 10:45 AM

Jul 2009
At least it looks like some kind of plot is starting to form with that eye patch girl probably being the main villain.
Aug 21, 2011 12:06 PM

Aug 2009
Wow, this was actually a really good and solid episode! I really enjoyed it.

DesolateOne said:
It's interesting how they made it seem like Dalian and Huey were the bad guys...or was that their prior self? Are Huey and Dalian reincarnated? For some reason, I feel it's something like that.

I think it was Huey's grandpa though, Dalian looked way younger than she does now.
Samu-tanAug 21, 2011 12:09 PM
Aug 21, 2011 1:42 PM
Oct 2010
STM said:
Wow, this was actually a really good and solid episode! I really enjoyed it.

DesolateOne said:
It's interesting how they made it seem like Dalian and Huey were the bad guys...or was that their prior self? Are Huey and Dalian reincarnated? For some reason, I feel it's something like that.

I think it was Huey's grandpa though, Dalian looked way younger than she does now.

It was most likely the yomihime in the op with the eye-keyhole and her respective partner.
Aug 21, 2011 6:10 PM

Nov 2008
Deleth said:
Seems to be shortly after World War 1. Since it was stated that the war was over and the main guy was flying a plane back in war. But planes at that time, weren't really good and there were no long range bombers either.

Yeah, one could call artistic freedom here. But whatever.

No, the Germans did run a dedicated aerial bombing campaign in WW I using bombers. This came after the Zeppelin bombing raids in the early part of the war. See, for example, Neil Hanson's "First Blitz":

http://www.neilhanson.co.uk/book5.php

It's generally available in paperback from Amazon books. I've read it, and it's quite a fascinating and exciting book.
Aug 21, 2011 7:56 PM

Sep 2007
Cartridge Load? Where's my Divine Buster? Raising Heart!? Bardiche!? Where are you!?

Flamberg is way better than Dantalian.
Aug 21, 2011 8:28 PM

May 2009
Fun episode, but I miss Huey and Dalian. Yes.
Aug 21, 2011 10:51 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
I hope this doesn't go on too much longer. Dalian and Huey are waaay better characters. This show was one of my favorites running right now (aside from Steins Gate), I hope they don't screw it up.
Aug 21, 2011 11:07 PM

Jun 2009
I can not stand Flam's voice. And I don't really care for her or Hal either.
Aug 22, 2011 12:50 AM

Nov 2007
really liked the new characters, Hal was a cool guy and Flam had a fun personality. probably my fav episode so far, seemed less episodic and boring in a way. granted I miss the main characters but I definitely want these 2 to stick around.
Aug 22, 2011 9:45 AM

Jun 2009
Kinzo said:
I can not stand Flam's voice.

Lol wat.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Aug 22, 2011 11:41 AM

May 2011
Huey plunges his hand into Dalian's chest while Flam goes naked and Hal reaches for her stomach lol nice. Flam and Hal's relationship is almost as good as Dalians and Huey. I do wonder if they are going to be good guys or not, though I like them either way.

I miss Dalian too. :/ Oh and just how many biblioprincesses are there..
Aug 22, 2011 1:15 PM

Jun 2011
People saying Hal is a good character you have some bad taste, hes quite simply a dick hes a massive prick hes about as bad as Kurenai Gekkou from Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi and about as bad a character. To top it all off not only is this guy a crap character but hes a rip off Nanoha or Fate from magical girl lyrical nanoha. Being a prick does not make you a good character.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Aug 22, 2011 1:18 PM

Jan 2009
Slicer22 said:
People saying Hal is a good character you have some bad taste, hes quite simply a dick hes a massive prick hes about as bad as Kurenai Gekkou from Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi and about as bad a character.
I don't see it as something negative to compare him to Gekkou though. ( ¬‿¬)
They both have terrible personalities, and who doesn't like a character acting like a jerk?
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 22, 2011 1:23 PM

Jun 2009
Oosran said:
Slicer22 said:
People saying Hal is a good character you have some bad taste, hes quite simply a dick hes a massive prick hes about as bad as Kurenai Gekkou from Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi and about as bad a character.
They both have terrible personalities, and who doesn't like a character acting like a jerk?
Shounen loving faggots who like male lead's acting like Touma spouting bullshit about justice and whatnot and wanting to protect every fucking person in the world. Though Touma is actually cool like, he punches lolis and stuff, he just spouts some real bullshit.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Aug 22, 2011 1:36 PM

Jun 2011
OrochiPL said:
Oosran said:
Slicer22 said:
Shounen loving faggots who like male lead's acting like Touma spouting bullshit about justice and whatnot and wanting to protect every fucking person in the world. Though Touma is actually cool like, he punches lolis and stuff, he just spouts some real bullshit.

Sure i like characters like Touma hes a good character and its not bullshit what he says it makes sense and is justified. Hal is more someone who talks bullshit but they would probably try justify him with some weak sad past. Though not to say that there are not some darker characters or more foul mouther characters that are done well like Accelerator hes actualy done well, hal is just a crap attempt at it and apprently mixed in some magical girl to him as well.

I know i used a to aru majutsu character as description for a good darker character but when i think dark protagonist or anti hero but Accelerator really is one that was done well, tbh hes one of the best and first one that comes to my mind
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Aug 23, 2011 6:37 AM

Feb 2009
Gosh, I hate Flam's voice. But the character seems to be nice, though.

I am not saying that I don't like HalxFlam duo, but I prefer HueyxDalian (reading posts from this thread made me miss "yes").
And in my opinion - the third pair of characters seem to be the bad ones.

Oh, and I was really startled at the beginning. I tried to somehow link Huey with Hal... But it seems that the whole connection will be revealed in next episodes.
http://fairy-end.myminicity.com - please click me sometimes xD
Aug 23, 2011 9:00 AM

May 2011
I really love Flam but I couldn't really tell if she was a girl or a boy due to her voice but I like it because it matches her character. I love Hal too, he's so awesome with his staff and baritsu.

I'm a little worried since it seems that they mistook Huey and Dalian to be the enemy(looking at Hal's description) and he looks more powerful than Huey, so if they were to meet...well....I don't think it would end well. I loved their transformation scene(unlocking the library), best one so far in my opinion.

Here's some info on the two people we saw giving Mabel the Phantom Book:

I’m just trying to be okay. Some days it’s harder than others. I hide away the most real parts of myself from everyone else. The emotions that I try to escape from. The constant pain I feel. The nightmares that keep me awake at night.

It hurts sometimes... knowing that the world is continuing happily all around me while I continue to drown in alcohol and slowly die inside myself.

Aug 23, 2011 7:42 PM

Jun 2008
"Who said anything about reading it?"

Brilliant. I love these two. I was also wondering the entire time whether or not Flam is in fact a trap. The voice is not helping...

Aug 23, 2011 7:54 PM

Jan 2008
Flam completely freaked me out whe she yelled out when Hal stook her hand in her.
Aug 25, 2011 7:05 AM
Oct 2009
Blackbird said:
I still prefer Hugh x Dalian.

Is this going to continue as it now or it will be back from it was in the beginning?

LoL when I hear cartridge load it's remind me of Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha xD

Totally !
Aug 25, 2011 10:22 PM

Apr 2009
Well that was different...

Baritsu, huh? It's Sherlock Holmes's martial art! XD
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dantalian no Shoka Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Sep 30, 2011

108 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 22, 5:59 PM

Poll: » Dantalian no Shoka Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 23, 2011

64 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 22, 5:06 PM

Poll: » Dantalian no Shoka Episode 10 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 16, 2011

45 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 22, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Dantalian no Shoka Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 9, 2011

82 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 22, 3:00 PM

Poll: » Dantalian no Shoka Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 2, 2011

59 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 22, 1:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.