Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 2, 2008 2:22 AM

Aug 2007
So since I was allowed to edit this entry (thanks pimp, I love ya~) I copied the content from the other news thread right into this one. That's all I wanted to say. | OneManArmy

What is this whole shit about? Well I moved all the news from our main club page into this thread since it was a pain in the ass to open the spoiler. I mean it was so incredibly long. Another reason is that nobody had a glue when there were new entries. So nothing changed from the view, it was just moved into this thread. I will try to uptade everything as fast as I can but there will be times when I will forget something...so I have to count on you then. And I finnaly finished one point of my to-do list, hell yeah!

If you want to know something about the progress of current translation projects then please visit this site.

The orignal first entry of PimpToad. You better read it!
PimpToadMay 20, 2012 6:04 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 11, 2008 6:39 PM

Aug 2007
I decided to post whatever news I find on the internets concerning Visual Novel Fan Translations on this topic. Well here we go...

So here I am browsing the internets to see the status of some fan translation projects I have my eye on and lo and behold everyone!@ Some hero (douchebag) leaked the 'beta' patch of Kanon. Its just not a visual novel translation project without any drama and Kanon is no exception.

Checking out a couple of the comments from the editors at NDT, the leaked patch itself is only 50% edited while the other 50% has some spotty translations (although I will say that its better than anything ATLAS can usually churn up).

Teams should really pick out only trustworthy people to handle their scripts. Although the anonymity (kind of) of the internets pretty much makes trusting someone a moot point. NDT does still plan to continue on with the editing/translating, but morale is shot and the pace will be even slower (so they say).

Out of respect for Haeleth and the NDT team, won't post a link to the leaked patch.
(Although you won't have to look far to find it, already spread like wildfire anyway)
Jul 16, 2008 4:13 PM

Mar 2008
Lol. I was playing the leaked patch. Got deep into Mai's route before the translation ended. I must say. . . The patch is rather. . . Er. . . British. XD

About Post #1. I saw that a few weeks ago. I'm not to interested in Da Capo and I likewise have never heard of any of the other games there. Probably for good reason if I can judge the games from their names. But one thing REALLY caught my attention. They mention that they may actually try to release ONE ~to the radiant season~. Which I think is HUGE news. Not only do I love that game, but it's a Key title. If they succeed in bringing ONE over, then maybe AIR, Kanon and Planetarian is not so far fetched.
Jul 16, 2008 4:24 PM

Aug 2007
There are many visual novels that have never seen the light of day as an anime or manga, and a lot of them are actually pretty good.

Meh ONE is already translated and I'm positive that the FREE patch is going to be better than whatever they can come up with...kinda sad if you think about it given that it will costs some 30-40 Euros o-O
Jul 27, 2008 5:24 PM

Jun 2008
Gotta warn you about DC. Since I've played the Edelweiss Trial (free distribution at the french Japan Expo 2008), the english translation really sucks on it...

It goes from long 20 second japanese sentences (vocal) translated in three english words (I know size doesn't matters... but it is quite odd...) to purely bad english (and VERY bad english...). Even though I'm french, some mistakes like "I am been" makes me jump off my chair. I already contacted this company to get some answer about that (before buying games I better set those things up... don't wanna waste my precious hard-earned euros...).

Though, it was only edelweiss so I don't know about DC... I really hope it is only a problem with their trial version... but I fear my hopes are too high...
Jul 28, 2008 2:44 PM

Aug 2007
Mangagamer has released a patch for Hinata Bokko. This allegedly fixed spelling and grammar errors found in the VN. According to an anon, while no means perfect, it is a huge improvement to the overall quality of the game.

Next on the news list...
MirrorMoon releases translation patch for Men at Work 2! Supposed to be some RPG (probably eroge) type of Visual Novel. Utawarerumono had better graphics...Aruruw~ xD
Aug 3, 2008 5:24 PM

Aug 2007
Some kind anonymous group released an English translation patch for Little Busters the Demo.

Link
Link contains the demo version of Little Busters in English.

PimpToadAug 4, 2008 3:37 AM
Aug 4, 2008 12:18 AM

Dec 2007
Sounds good but u might want to edit ur post Toad. Im pretty sure direct DL links arent allowed on MAL.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 4, 2008 3:39 AM

Aug 2007
fine fine I changed the link to the gemot forums...

man the rules are are so much harder to follow than the ones in AnimeSuki T_T
...should make a suggestion...hmmm
Aug 10, 2008 5:08 PM

Aug 2007
Dark Translations releases The Gang Rape Club Site is NSFW!!!
Aug 15, 2008 11:47 PM

Aug 2007
I haven't really been keeping up with this project but...

Umineko no Naku Koro Ni Release #2

The second patch covers Chapter 00 to 09 of Episode 1, Legend of the Golden Witch. So grab it if you got the game, I guess o_O

In other news concerning the visual novel front, Chaos;Head has recently finished its translation phase with a global progress of 69.94% Chaos;Head is a Japanese visual novel developed by 5pb. and Nitroplus with gore, psychology, and science fiction elements that was released on April 25, 2008 for the PC. That's right, the game was released on April 25, 2008! That means that it took them less than 4 months (assuming that the project was started days after release) to fully translate this game.

Don't worry, aiming to have something released for you guys before end of August. --DeiExMachina

I've also haven't been keeping up much with this project (more interested in the Air one really), but this is definitely something to look forward to! Link to where you can buy the game
Sep 1, 2008 3:12 PM

Aug 2007
So some people localized Ever 17 in Russian...

Link

Huh interesting...very first Russian localization I've seen thus far concerning VN's. So if you know Russian or something, go ahead and download this (patch only). Though I doubt many of us here will actually use this patch when Hirameki already released this in English o-O

Also,

Sonozaki Futago-tachi releases Onikakushi Day 14!

I'm assuming that this is the final day of Onikakushi-hen of Higurashi. So that means that they finally completed the Arc sans the extra omakes and such. I think the demo version of Higurashi (which contains the full Onikakushi-hen arc) is free of charge and can be downloaded at Ryukishi07's site. So this game might be free to everyone, well not like there is anything stopping you from getting it for free anyway. Too lazy to check so do it yourself...xD
PimpToadAug 9, 2009 8:19 PM
Nov 14, 2008 4:09 AM

Aug 2007
Known of this for a couple of days now, but I forgot to post about it here.

New Deja Vu Project!
La Divina Commedia: A Divine Comedy
massacre red cat decaying corpses saw injection
cord festival clapping hands acclamation cat's arm bakery boy
fate gears gears gears gears gears gears
Now----La Divina Commedia begins

Haven't had a chance to try this out, might edit this post when I get around to it.
Nov 16, 2008 5:57 AM

Sep 2008
Aah,thank you for keeping us up to date. Im always checking for VN news but here are some i missed. Thanks!!
Nov 22, 2008 10:21 PM

Aug 2007
*shrugs* Glad this little topic can be of use to some people, but I'm just relaying the news from various VN news sites.

Well...another translation project led by the TakaJun!
(no clue if they have a leader to speak of, but he is the TL so...)
Wanko to Kurasou

Name: Wanko to Kurasou

Company: ivory

Story: People were crazy about pets a while ago. The particularly popular onces were cats and dogs that look like human and have high intelligence. But the boom has died down with time, and now only people who really want them own them.

Our main character is a college student who finds a stray anthropoid dog, collapsed in the rain. Unable to let her just die, he takes her up to his room and treats her. Even though he told her she can only stay until the rain ends, the dog stays in fear and worry.

The main character decides to look for her owner.

The life between a human and a dog starts…

There is an available translated demo on the page, so grab it nao!? I still haven't even given Turning Gears a go so doubt I'll get around to this anytime soon.
Nov 29, 2008 4:45 PM

Sep 2008
Well, i think this is quite big news for the visual novel community. The annual VN Festival Altogether has started once more
http://altogether.insani.org/2008/0.html

They will release one single novel each day to a total count of 7 novels. Enjoy^^
Nov 30, 2008 10:56 PM

Aug 2007
Hmm there was talks of another altogether, though I can't believe they actually managed to pull one off for 2008. Though the 08 altogether looks to be the smallest compared to the previous altogether projects (with 7 visual novels to be released), some of the titles look rather promising (still 2 more to go).

From the Bottom of the Heart and Moonshine look to be rather good titles...though I still haven't read Turning Gears yet. Happy reading!
Dec 6, 2008 11:58 PM

Aug 2007
NDT releases Kanon Teaser Patch...
http://radicalr.pestermom.com/vn.html

This is like what, 8 years in the making?
(or was it 6?)
Dec 8, 2008 7:24 AM

Oct 2007
PimpToad said:
NDT releases Kanon Teaser Patch...
http://radicalr.pestermom.com/vn.html

This is like what, 8 years in the making?
(or was it 6?)

Seriously, it's about time it nears its completion. I'm not holding my breath though.
You can find me on IRC.
Dec 14, 2008 10:57 PM

Aug 2007
Yandere Translations releases Brass Restoration!
http://yandere.gray7.com/?p=64

This is a FREE full game, so people who have moral dilemmas about pirating a visual novel (had a good laugh at this) can put their conscience at ease!

"For people who might be wondering why I went and translated a free game…
This was actually one of the games I translated for altogether 2006. Since Brass Restoration was one of my favorite free games back at the time, I got the author’s permission and translated it.
So why release now on this site? Well, after I submitted it, it went into “editing” where it sat on someone’s computer collecting dust. After a while (more like 2 years), I just restarted the project with the help from the awesome staff from Wanko to Kurasou. Things went pretty smoothly from there, and it’s finally out. Well, I hope people enjoy this game!"
Dec 16, 2008 2:35 PM

Aug 2007
This has been out for more than a week now but,
Clannad SVN

This is the most up to date SEEN script by Baka-Tsuki, so people using the unofficial patches lurking the interwebs will benefit greatly from this. If you are one of the people who are waiting for an official release, then this is about as good as it gets until the 'official' release.
Dec 16, 2008 4:44 PM

Dec 2007
thnx as always for the news Toad, u always give great news updates. im deff gonna check out Brass Restoration, and the seen.txt in the program sec labeled SEEN_snapshot_20081207.rar is the newest ver and what i need to replace the older seen.txt right?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 17, 2008 5:36 PM

Aug 2007
Heh all credit goes to VN news databases such as vndb and the gemot, and of course the very groups themselves that translate the work for us. I'm just the messenger =P
Dec 18, 2008 1:41 AM

Dec 2007
PimpToad said:
Heh all credit goes to VN news databases such as vndb and the gemot, and of course the very groups themselves that translate the work for us. I'm just the messenger =P
lol i forgot all about that site >.<
it was this one right?
http://visual-novels.net/vn/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1
Dec 20, 2008 2:44 PM

Aug 2007
*shrugs* no clue I just use the gemot or randomly stumble on the news themselves xD
Dec 31, 2008 2:35 AM

Aug 2007
Tears To Tiara English Patch Released!

Another srpg by Leaf. If you've played Utawarerumono then you'll know what I'm talking about. Mind you that this project started on August 2008, so this English patch was released in less than 5 months!

Jan 18, 2009 1:48 AM

Aug 2007
Jouka no Monshou Released!

Known minor issue with the .mp3 files, can be fixed with a simple conversion to .ogg.

Oh yeah should probably post this too,
Saya no Uta released!
Yeah I'm late...
Jan 26, 2009 12:13 AM

Aug 2007
Moonlight Works v2.0!
"It's the summer before you go away to college, and you're spending it visiting with your aunt and uncle on a small island in the Atlantic ocean. One night, while out taking pictures of the full moon, you meet a girl walking down the beach...

Moonlight Walks is an english-language visual novel. It features 21 paths to 4 endings, and original digital artwork. It takes about 15 minutes to reach one of the longer endings, and perhaps half an hour to see them all."

Seems to be one of the few English Visual Novels out there. I guess Katawa Shoujo isn't really breaking new grounds, though I guess the concept and naming convention is quite unique. Anyway, that girl looks freaky :S
Jan 30, 2009 11:02 AM

Aug 2007
SonozakiFutago-Tachi Releases Higurashi Onikakushi-hen!

Looks like they finally finished everything along with the omake stuff. Kudos to them!
Feb 8, 2009 2:02 PM

Aug 2007
Not really much of an update, but I've gotten wind of a Realta Nua CG patch. The patch seems to insert the Realta Nua CG's (which I believe numbers around 173) into specific portions of the FSN PC VN.

Realta Nua CG Patch

Also...

Pia Carrot Released!
Moar VN goodness?
Feb 9, 2009 8:22 AM

Jul 2007
PimpToad said:
Not really much of an update, but I've gotten wind of a Realta Nua CG patch. The patch seems to insert the Realta Nua CG's (which I believe numbers around 173) into specific portions of the FSN PC VN.

Realta Nua CG Patch

Also...

Pia Carrot Released!
Moar VN goodness?

What regards the FSN patch it affects only the D.Bersherker Vs Shirou and Kotomone Vs Shirou last fight at Heavens Feel.My opinion is that everyone shall download this one since it takes secs to install and have two save files right before the fights. Its awesome :D
Feb 10, 2009 8:35 PM

Jan 2009
My question is where can you buy visual novels?
Feb 10, 2009 11:28 PM

Aug 2007
This isn't really the thread for that, but you can try Play-Asia, HimeyaShop, or Yahoo Auctions.
Feb 12, 2009 12:08 AM

Jan 2009
Are there free visual novels that I can play?
Feb 12, 2009 1:59 PM

Aug 2007
Again this really isn't the thread for that...
Try the Visual Novel Fan Translation Database run by Shii
May 17, 2009 1:41 AM

Aug 2007
No Name Losers releases ef - Chapter 1: Miyako Miyamura!

It was more than a year and a two months ago when the ef - the first tale project was canceled due to various reasons I have long since forgotten. Some have despaired over such terrible news, but such is the fate of a visual novel translation. Many feared that all the work and progress already invested into the project would be all for naught.

One year and a week after the cancellation notice of the ef project, NNL releases Build A of the Miyako arc. Progress has also been made into most of the other arcs, most notably that of the latter tale as well. The future looks promising on this revitalized project, but only time will tell if the heavens smile upon the two...

Yeah I know this is more than two months old, but hey I never even knew the project was restarted until I found myself randomly browsing the NNL site. That (partial beta) on Shii's site is misleading since an entire arc has already been released that has been fully edited and proofread by a crack team. Oh and I also don't visit the novelnews/visual-novels site so I wouldn't have seen their posts about this anyway.
Jul 25, 2009 6:42 AM

May 2009
PimpToad said:

Realta Nua CG Patch

Also...

Pia Carrot Released!
Moar VN goodness?

Is there some news of Fate\hollow ataraxia translation?
And which patch should I install to have scene with Saber in Avalon?
Jul 27, 2009 4:58 PM

Aug 2007
I'm not even sure if they have released a patch for F/HA, but you can check the Beasts Lair forums to see what's up.

Anyway I'm late yet again but...

NDT releases Kanon!
This patch has been around what 6+ years in the making and we here can finally enjoy some Kanon goodness in its entirety! Too many visual novels and video games to play so I doubt I'll get around to this for awhile, but enjoy it for those who can!
Jul 28, 2009 5:36 AM

May 2009
PimpToad said:
I'm not even sure if they have released a patch for F/HA, but you can check the Beasts Lair forums to see what's up.

*too lazy to check out forums*
Well one thing more... when will come out this novel? It is called Mahotsukai no Yoru one more great work of the TYPE-MOON.

Is there some site that there are all the patches for Fate\stay night Realta Nua? I am searching for this but with no luck, I just saw that ending within Avalon on youtube, but I wanna have it. So if anyone know please post it. Arigatou PimpToad... (^_^)/~~
Jul 30, 2009 10:20 AM

Aug 2007
Again check the Beasts Lair forum...all the info is there and I'm not going to baby you if you're too lazy to check it out.
Aug 9, 2009 12:04 AM

May 2009
PimpToad said:
Again check the Beasts Lair forum...all the info is there and I'm not going to baby you if you're too lazy to check it out.

I know... just playing bored. I could read last pages but I hate that I would start from the start and it could take ages. So I thought someone has profile there who reads and posts there. If there is e-mail me.
Aug 9, 2009 8:15 PM

Aug 2007
*wish I had admin powers to I can delete non-relevant posts*

A quick update on some current projects as well as completed projects!
(only listing projects with an available demo of some sort)

Dakkodango Translations releases Chapters 1-2 of Eien no Aselia
G-Senjou Chapter 2 by Aegis
Lamento Treasure Disc

Also the v1.1 patch for Tears to Tiara, check the dakkodango site
Aug 10, 2009 12:30 AM

May 2009
PimpToad said:
*wish I had admin powers to I can delete non-relevant posts*

A quick update on some current projects as well as completed projects!
(only listing projects with an available demo of some sort)

Dakkodango Translations releases Chapters 1-2 of Eien no Aselia
G-Senjou Chapter 2 by Aegis
Lamento Treasure Disc

Also the v1.1 patch for Tears to Tiara, check the dakkodango site

Sorry for bothering u... Can u tell me something about Spice and Wolf visual novel? If there is pc version and english patch. Hope u will dig something... nee~
Aug 11, 2009 2:30 AM

Nov 2007
why not just ask in the comment?
http://vndb.org/v1391
it'll probably never be translated. the only doujin vn i've seen translated is haruhi to chinese. spice and wolf isn't as popular as haruhi, nor is english translation scene as big as chinese. in short, it'll probably never happen
Aug 11, 2009 2:46 AM

Sep 2008
NOOOOOO THERES NO SEXUAL CONTENT IN SPICE WOLF T.T

dammit that would be the one VN i would like to see that's anime related with H-scenes....dammit >.< *cries*
Aug 11, 2009 3:21 AM

Nov 2007
Console VNs never have ero content due to hardware manufacturer's request if I recall correctly. Kind of makes you wonder why they have no problem using 200,000 polygons to render limbs being blown apart while banning 2d porn
Aug 17, 2009 7:40 AM

Aug 2007
Stop spamming my thread with your inane discussions!

MOON
Moon. is a Japanese adult visual novel developed by Tactics, a brand of the joint company Nexton, with elements of horror, psychology, and metaphysical content. The game was described by the development team as a "Reaching the Heart AVG." The main character, Amasawa Ikumi (one of the few female VN protagonists) joins the Fargo organization in order to learn the truth behind her mother's mysterious death. On her first day she meets Mima Haruka and Nakura Yui, two other girls who came to take back members of their family from the organization. As the three begin to undergo Fargo's outlandish and cruel training--which they pass off as "mental reinforcement"--they slowly begin to piece together the true nature of the organization and the deaths it has caused.

Sharin no Kuni Teaser Patch

And of course...

Ballad of an Evening Butterly v1.5e

Dunno how I managed to miss MOON. on my last update, Sharin no Kuni looks interesting, and Ballad of an Evening butterfly is always a good read and with a far superior script this time around!
Aug 17, 2009 11:29 PM

Nov 2007
Sharin no Kuni Himawari no Shoujo has the best plot development in the some 100 visual novels I have ever played. It's hard to make a good plot twist, but when it follows the logical development so naturally that even the hints throughout the game failed to make you recognize it, that's called pure genius. If you are going to play both Akabesoft games currently under translation, you'd want to play G-Senjou first, or else you will be very disappointed after playing Himawari no Shoujo.

In other news, I'm also eagerly awaiting Cross Channel's translation completion. Umineko has been good, but I really need something closer to Sharin no Kuni and its Wakamoto goodness.
Aug 30, 2009 4:03 AM

Apr 2007
Policenauts patch has been out been for a week now. Some older stuff, from '94. Anyway, the patch.
Anybody tried it yet?
Sep 7, 2009 12:07 AM

May 2007
I doubt anyone missed it, but since this is the news thread, Cross Channel translation is out. Sengoku Rance translation patch has reached 0.90 version, so it shouldn't be long before it gets out.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Top 5 VNs ( 1 2 3 )

AltriaPendragon - Jun 2, 2013

120 by Fischer77 »»
Jan 28, 2023 5:49 PM

» Top 10 Heroines from all the VN's you have read?

Riptos - Jun 23, 2021

1 by UIGodFather »»
Jul 3, 2021 7:19 AM

» What VN are you currently playing? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MayuAsagiri - Dec 17, 2013

434 by removed-user »»
Apr 25, 2021 6:26 AM

» Member Birthday List ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Mar 8, 2011

126 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Apr 23, 2021 4:51 PM

» Visual Novel Data Base Account ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Jan 29, 2011

106 by removed-user »»
Apr 14, 2021 4:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.