MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

No.6 Episode 7 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» No.6 »» No.6 Episode 7 Discussion

Pages (12) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 »
View Poll Results: No.6 Episode 7 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!
 
216 74.48%
4 out of 5: Liked it
 
36 12.41%
3 out of 5: It was OK
 
18 6.21%
2 out of 5: Disliked it
 
9 3.10%
1 out of 5: Hated it
 
11 3.79%
Voters: 290

08-27-11, 4:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 60
fiane said:
This.

I didn't know this existed. Now that I do, I WANT to see it, badly. Deeper character. Deeper. Crazier. Much more intense plot.

the novel's being fan-translated in full here: http://9th-ave.blogspot.com/
and used to be translated here: http://ninteenpointzerofour.wordpress.com/no-6/

there's still a long way to go, though. anyway i recommend you finish the anime first?

because hahaha it's actually sorta frustrating to watch the anime if you're also following the novels. this feels like the harry potter movies to me, there are some awesome adapted scenes and awesome original ones but most of the time there's a tiny voice in your head going 'no no no no no'

still, i'm glad BONES did it, i might never have heard of the novels otherwise (maybe. i AM a fan of telepathy shoujo ran, after all. and in it, i SHIPPED THE HELL out of midori and ran, too, lol)
 
08-27-11, 9:50 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 178
^ I really understand when you said it's gonna be like Harry Potter lol, after I saw episode 8 I think I'll take your suggestion. I read the summaries of the novel written in LJ but that one's not complete as well. Will wait for the next ones patiently :> Can't steer clear of spoilers, ack.

 
08-27-11, 4:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 1250
hahaha they actually kissed! i can't believe that happened.
Cake = :D
"apa" apachai's wise words
http://bit.ly/a5VFVB
 
08-27-11, 11:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 21
Seriously?! People are dropping it because of a "good-night" kiss? That was a goodBYE kiss, not a good-night kiss as Nezumi was saying. Nezumi was smiling bitterly sad because he knew what Sion was really up to. And I scoffed a bit at the dancing fanservice, but then I realized it was justified because you were seeing how deeply connected their relationship was. I'm appalled, can people really be this homophobic?
 
08-29-11, 12:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 60
yasiefu said:
I'm appalled, can people really be this homophobic?
why yes, they can! :3

...seriously, though, this makes me sad. :/some people can stick it out on a lots of shows despite all the ~homolust fanservice~ (see: code 'gay-ass') but when the emotions start getting real and serious, they drop it like a radioactive potato.

orrr maybe it was because this ep was bad. LOL sorry but this ep was kind of a mess.
 
08-29-11, 6:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 2
julesvelzevules said:
well... considering the slot for the show...
what were you waiting for? your generic shounen never-ending stuff?
yeah, first 5 secs (after kiss scene) it looks totally gay for me. but now i'm not so sure about it.
c'mon it's not like they kissed and then had some hot night on the sofa near fireplace. yeah, they're kinda close, but right now they're not totally gay.
and... did you ever saw Shion's father? you can consider, that his mother is the only person, who raised him. in this way, his behavior is not so surprising and shocking.


it was gay. if one male lead kisses another on the lips in a completely serious situation, it's gay. naruto isn't shounen-ai people, because the kiss was a mistake, okay? BIG difference.

anyway, if the author/writers of the book and show didn't want us to think the male leads are gay then they shouldn't have had them kiss without giving an explanation for why they wouldn't consider it a weird thing to be kissing, such as that in that society, kissing on the lips isn't necessarily a sexual thing. but not only is there positively NO evidence to support that, his friend whats-her-face makes a point (after she catches her friend making out with this guy) of saying that kissing is a natural form of reproductive desire. Other than the reproductive part, that does not sound platonic to me.

the writers aren't stupid. they know how people to react to things. i can't possibly imagine that they'd allow a kiss like that if they didn't want people to think the characters were gay.

also, that thing about Shion's father doesn't make sense. just b/c someone doesn't have a dad growing up doesn't mean they'll turn out less "manly" so to speak. and it's not as though shion is a carbon copy of his mother. nezumi (funny . . . nobody feels like calling him rat . . . ) even says that shion as his mom aren't a lot alike.

anyway, there are plenty of straight guys who aren't super tough. nezumi actually always seemed more gay to me than shion.

you know, before i looked this show up, it never even occurred to me that it wasn't a shounen-ai. either way though, straight or gay, sexual desire or no, they are definitely in love, and i don't care if anyone says otherwise - that is something the writers of the freakin show can't take away from me.

who the hell has two guys kiss on the mouth in a perfectly serious situation if they don't want the characters to be seen as gay . . . ?
 
08-29-11, 4:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 76
evyonnecarson said:

it was gay. if one male lead kisses another on the lips in a completely serious situation, it's gay. naruto isn't shounen-ai people, because the kiss was a mistake, okay? BIG difference.

anyway, if the author/writers of the book and show didn't want us to think the male leads are gay then they shouldn't have had them kiss without giving an explanation for why they wouldn't consider it a weird thing to be kissing, such as that in that society, kissing on the lips isn't necessarily a sexual thing. but not only is there positively NO evidence to support that, his friend whats-her-face makes a point (after she catches her friend making out with this guy) of saying that kissing is a natural form of reproductive desire. Other than the reproductive part, that does not sound platonic to me.

the writers aren't stupid. they know how people to react to things. i can't possibly imagine that they'd allow a kiss like that if they didn't want people to think the characters were gay.

also, that thing about Shion's father doesn't make sense. just b/c someone doesn't have a dad growing up doesn't mean they'll turn out less "manly" so to speak. and it's not as though shion is a carbon copy of his mother. nezumi (funny . . . nobody feels like calling him rat . . . ) even says that shion as his mom aren't a lot alike.

anyway, there are plenty of straight guys who aren't super tough. nezumi actually always seemed more gay to me than shion.

you know, before i looked this show up, it never even occurred to me that it wasn't a shounen-ai. either way though, straight or gay, sexual desire or no, they are definitely in love, and i don't care if anyone says otherwise - that is something the writers of the freakin show can't take away from me.

who the hell has two guys kiss on the mouth in a perfectly serious situation if they don't want the characters to be seen as gay . . . ?


I agree with what you've said =D
and here some quotes of your talk that I comment on
"if one male lead kisses another on the lips in a completely serious situation"
you said it <3 I really don't know how some weren't able to sense the feeling of such a situation!!

"before i looked this show up, it never even occurred to me that it wasn't a shounen-ai. either way though, straight or gay, sexual desire or no, they are definitely in love, and i don't care if anyone says otherwise - that is something the writers of the freakin show can't take away from me."
THE DAMN SAME OPINION HERE =D

"who the hell has two guys kiss on the mouth in a perfectly serious situation if they don't want the characters to be seen as gay . . . ?"
that's it =____=
although the feelings which were through their eyes gaze at that dance was enough to make it clear! so I was surprise when people kept argue even after the kiss! =___=
just where the hell the two main male characters who have kissed on lips in such a serious situation in an anime so far other than Yaoi or Shounen ai animes?!!!

"anyway, there are plenty of straight guys who aren't super tough. nezumi actually always seemed more gay to me than shion."
that's what I think as well xDDD
besides, it seems Shion have no interest in women unintentionally, but Nezumi
it's like I can see it through his eyes that he's not xDDD

I've a question for you, have you read the novel?
 
08-29-11, 9:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 2
pureromance said:
evyonnecarson said:

it was gay. if one male lead kisses another on the lips in a completely serious situation, it's gay. naruto isn't shounen-ai people, because the kiss was a mistake, okay? BIG difference.

anyway, if the author/writers of the book and show didn't want us to think the male leads are gay then they shouldn't have had them kiss without giving an explanation for why they wouldn't consider it a weird thing to be kissing, such as that in that society, kissing on the lips isn't necessarily a sexual thing. but not only is there positively NO evidence to support that, his friend whats-her-face makes a point (after she catches her friend making out with this guy) of saying that kissing is a natural form of reproductive desire. Other than the reproductive part, that does not sound platonic to me.

the writers aren't stupid. they know how people to react to things. i can't possibly imagine that they'd allow a kiss like that if they didn't want people to think the characters were gay.

also, that thing about Shion's father doesn't make sense. just b/c someone doesn't have a dad growing up doesn't mean they'll turn out less "manly" so to speak. and it's not as though shion is a carbon copy of his mother. nezumi (funny . . . nobody feels like calling him rat . . . ) even says that shion as his mom aren't a lot alike.

anyway, there are plenty of straight guys who aren't super tough. nezumi actually always seemed more gay to me than shion.

you know, before i looked this show up, it never even occurred to me that it wasn't a shounen-ai. either way though, straight or gay, sexual desire or no, they are definitely in love, and i don't care if anyone says otherwise - that is something the writers of the freakin show can't take away from me.

who the hell has two guys kiss on the mouth in a perfectly serious situation if they don't want the characters to be seen as gay . . . ?


I agree with what you've said =D
and here some quotes of your talk that I comment on
"if one male lead kisses another on the lips in a completely serious situation"
you said it <3 I really don't know how some weren't able to sense the feeling of such a situation!!

"before i looked this show up, it never even occurred to me that it wasn't a shounen-ai. either way though, straight or gay, sexual desire or no, they are definitely in love, and i don't care if anyone says otherwise - that is something the writers of the freakin show can't take away from me."
THE DAMN SAME OPINION HERE =D

"who the hell has two guys kiss on the mouth in a perfectly serious situation if they don't want the characters to be seen as gay . . . ?"
that's it =____=
although the feelings which were through their eyes gaze at that dance was enough to make it clear! so I was surprise when people kept argue even after the kiss! =___=
just where the hell the two main male characters who have kissed on lips in such a serious situation in an anime so far other than Yaoi or Shounen ai animes?!!!

"anyway, there are plenty of straight guys who aren't super tough. nezumi actually always seemed more gay to me than shion."
that's what I think as well xDDD
besides, it seems Shion have no interest in women unintentionally, but Nezumi
it's like I can see it through his eyes that he's not xDDD

I've a question for you, have you read the novel?


haha, i'm glad you enjoyed my little rant. it's great to find people who agree with you ;) your response made my day.

and i've started reading the novel, but i can't find more than the first couple volumes in english online. do you know where i could find the rest ????? (damn, now i've got my hopes up! i'll try not to be too disappointed if the answer is no XD)
 
08-30-11, 3:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 76
evyonnecarson said:

haha, i'm glad you enjoyed my little rant. it's great to find people who agree with you ;) your response made my day.

and i've started reading the novel, but i can't find more than the first couple volumes in english online. do you know where i could find the rest ????? (damn, now i've got my hopes up! i'll try not to be too disappointed if the answer is no XD)

haha good thing that you're ready already to not get a disappointed xD
what you found so far (I mean the 2 volumes) is what got translated so far.
v
v
jjoym said:
fiane said:

the novel's being fan-translated in full here: http://9th-ave.blogspot.com/
and used to be translated here: http://ninteenpointzerofour.wordpress.com/no-6/
 
08-31-11, 3:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 1174
THAT BAKA FINALLY KISSED HIM! It took him 7 episodes but he finally did it! ~~~<3 And Nezumi smiled after that *kyaaaa!!!*

I'm really curious how they're gonna end the anime in only 4 more episodes :O


 
09-02-11, 8:49 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 7841
Why...?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
 
09-03-11, 2:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 37
pureromance said:
jjoym said:



Woah, I so agree about the novel >.<

Their relationships are way much deeper there just because you can "hear" Sions thought. I can quote some:

(Nezumi)"Don't use words like 'drawn to' so easily. It's a very weighty, important word. You're only supposed to use it for a special, irreplaceable person in your life."

(Sion)"Then how am I supposed to say it? Do I say I love you?"

Nezumi heaved a long, exaggerated sigh. "Never mind," he muttered. "It messes me up when I talk to you. Here," he pushed a thick book into Sion's hands, and stood up. "Hamlet. Read it."

----

(Nezumi) "You're just fascinated by new and unusual things. You're like a scholar who's discovered a new planet, or a new kind of bacteria. You're just itching with curiosity because you've met someone who's different from all the people that used to surround you. That's it. You're not drawn to me, and you're not in love with me. You're just excited about the exotic animal you've discovered. Can't you even tell the difference?"
 
09-04-11, 1:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 13321
If only the story came back. But I guess it left for good.
 
09-04-11, 5:14 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 60
Sharyka said:
Woah, I so agree about the novel >.<

Their relationships are way much deeper there just because you can "hear" Sions thought. I can quote some:

(Nezumi)"Don't use words like 'drawn to' so easily. It's a very weighty, important word. You're only supposed to use it for a special, irreplaceable person in your life."

(Sion)"Then how am I supposed to say it? Do I say I love you?"

Nezumi heaved a long, exaggerated sigh. "Never mind," he muttered. "It messes me up when I talk to you. Here," he pushed a thick book into Sion's hands, and stood up. "Hamlet. Read it."

----

(Nezumi) "You're just fascinated by new and unusual things. You're like a scholar who's discovered a new planet, or a new kind of bacteria. You're just itching with curiosity because you've met someone who's different from all the people that used to surround you. That's it. You're not drawn to me, and you're not in love with me. You're just excited about the exotic animal you've discovered. Can't you even tell the difference?"
LOL and that's just the beginning.

personally i love their silliness, too, like that time when nezumi grips shion's collar and pins hims to a bookshelf in another fit of pique and shion goes "leggo"

nezumi: make me. >|

shion: I'LL BITE YOUR NOSE OFF i'm really good at that >D [pulls nezumi closer]

nezumi: wtf wait wtf D8

shion: [pullpullpull]

nezumi: [struggling] wtffffff

books: [rain down on them]

or that time when they'd just read karan's first note and they were wondering who the guy from latch bill could be.

nezumi: lol it could be your dad

shion: you think?

nezumi: [all dramatic-like] MY SON!!1!1 [opens arms]

shion: [all dramatic-like] DADDY!!!1! [jumps into them]

nezumi: :D you're getting better at recognizing cues

shion: oooh he feels so ~warm~
Modified by jjoym, 09-04-11, 5:19 AM
 
09-04-11, 7:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 76
jjoym said:


personally i love their silliness, too, like that time when nezumi grips shion's collar and pins hims to a bookshelf in another fit of pique and shion goes "leggo"

nezumi: make me. >|

shion: I'LL BITE YOUR NOSE OFF i'm really good at that >D [pulls nezumi closer]

nezumi: wtf wait wtf D8

shion: [pullpullpull]

nezumi: [struggling] wtffffff

books: [rain down on them]

or that time when they'd just read karan's first note and they were wondering who the guy from latch bill could be.

nezumi: lol it could be your dad

shion: you think?

nezumi: [all dramatic-like] MY SON!!1!1 [opens arms]

shion: [all dramatic-like] DADDY!!!1! [jumps into them]

nezumi: :D you're getting better at recognizing cues

shion: oooh he feels so ~warm~


did these scenes happen in the novel for real?!!
 
09-04-11, 8:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 76
Sharyka said:


Woah, I so agree about the novel >.<

Their relationships are way much deeper there just because you can "hear" Sions thought. I can quote some:

(Nezumi)"Don't use words like 'drawn to' so easily. It's a very weighty, important word. You're only supposed to use it for a special, irreplaceable person in your life."

(Sion)"Then how am I supposed to say it? Do I say I love you?"

Nezumi heaved a long, exaggerated sigh. "Never mind," he muttered. "It messes me up when I talk to you. Here," he pushed a thick book into Sion's hands, and stood up. "Hamlet. Read it."

----

(Nezumi) "You're just fascinated by new and unusual things. You're like a scholar who's discovered a new planet, or a new kind of bacteria. You're just itching with curiosity because you've met someone who's different from all the people that used to surround you. That's it. You're not drawn to me, and you're not in love with me. You're just excited about the exotic animal you've discovered. Can't you even tell the difference?"


haha yeah, I know about the part one you of this scene from novel since I read it before in somewhere, I enjoy reading it every time <3
but not about the second part, it was my first time to read it, so thanks ^^
poor Nezumi he's trying his hard to convince Shion while he has to convince himself first instead of covering with his tsun (pretending) or getting irritated xD

>>> (Nezumi)"Don't use words like 'drawn to' so easily. It's a very weighty, important word. You're only supposed to use it for a special, irreplaceable person in your life."
Gosh, it's you Nezumi!
Shion answered you by a confession even xD
>>> (Sion)"Then how am I supposed to say it? Do I say I love you?"
Nezumi, you just have to say: yes, now you chose the correct one xDDD
Modified by pureromance, 09-04-11, 8:20 AM
 
09-04-11, 10:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 60
pureromance said:
did these scenes happen in the novel for real?!!
pretty much. xD ...but the narration is much better, lol. xD


wait, i found them, here you go~

the nosebite scene:



the daddy scene:

 
09-04-11, 11:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 166
Hehehe... I remember those scenes! xD

I laughed my ass off at those. :'D
 
09-04-11, 8:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 76
jjoym said:

pretty much. xD ...but the narration is much better, lol. xD


wait, i found them, here you go~

the nosebite scene:



the daddy scene:



wha!! such a beautiful and weet scenes!
I was really wishing to see more of Shion and Nezumi ordinary life moments in the anime, whether through shopping or in their small old room or playing at that play place which outside Nezumi's home (the place they're playing in through the ending song)

about the nosebite scene:
Nezumi: "biting is the worst", I guess that Nezumi has a certain fear or something from get biting XDDD
now I got why Nezumi said that to the old man when the old man asked Shion to get closer, here:
the old man: "Shion, come here"
Nezumi: "are you sure? he might bit you, the kid's a lot meaner than he looks"
pay attention to Nezumi's looks at Shion while saying that as well xD

about the daddy scene:
Shion finally knew how to match Nezumi's acting mood xDDD
hope he will play a good level of acting when Nezumi starts to play Romeo and Juliet <3 hahahaha xD

thanks for sharing the scenes of novel with me ^^
 
09-11-11, 4:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 380
Hnnng, poor Safu.
 
Top
Pages (12) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices