Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No. 6
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Aug 19, 2011 12:39 PM
Jan 2010
Ovindel said:
Now that the fujoshi-tachi are happy, I'm not. I totally agree with the people saying "damn it, damn it, damn it" instead of "kyaa~~~"
However, this episode felt so short; it was as if it was just 10 minutes. This show does really interest me even though it has shounen-ai yaoi; I do like the basic concept of the story.
Is it just me or does EVERY show and series nowadays has a tsundere in it? A tsundere once in a while is not bad, but the amounts keep increasing by the season.
And it seems the ending has changed a little bit.

yaoi? really?
Aug 19, 2011 12:50 PM

Oct 2007
What do you think about No.6 "new" (up to August 20th) rating and genre?

I mean, it was "sci-fi" until ep7 and now it's "Action, Sci-Fi, Shounen Ai, Josei"!
If the ep7 "goodbye kiss" make it become "Shounen Ai"... well how many other animes should be Shounen-Ai as well? Naruto, Gankutsuou are the first I think about, but there are probably others who have kiss between guys... the Shoujo Ai tag is definitely not added when too girls kiss (Host Club,...) so why now?
We don't even have romantic feelings during the kiss (much more the next morning ^_^)! And the novel/manga are not yet rated "Shounen Ai" even if the novel looks more shounen-ai than the anime. Tiger & Bunny *o* feel more shounen-ai than No.6 for me, and not from the gay hero!
Even Kyou kara Maoh isn't "shounen ai" on MAL...

And rating: R - 17+ (violence & profanity)?? Did I see the same anime? I mean, Junjo Romantica is rated "PG-13 - Teens 13 or older" so it's shouldn't be for the "shounen ai" factor! Switch also is PG-13 but we are gun/blood/drugs/murder, Yami no Matsuei kiss/rape/blood/psychological torture also is "PG-13"... so?

I think rating and genre are important because a lot of people will read them before decide watching/not watching an anime! I often pest again the "ecchi" and "harem" genre when it's not added but should be but the opposite is also true! How many people will read the "shounen ai" tag thinking about Gravitation, Junjo Romantica, Sekai ichi hatsukoi... who ARE shounen-ai and don't even try No.6 because of this?
In No.6 we don't have pink/flowers/stars background, no blush all the time. For me it's not *yet at least* not a shounen-ai and it will probably never become *sadly maybe*.

Still have to say: I'm a fujoshi and like Shion/Nezumi together! But it's not the kiss who give me this feeling, it's much more the relationship between them!
Somewhere I'm sad about this kiss! Because of the kiss this anime is classified as shounen-ai, who mean in the head of most people: no story, gay sex and so on... I think No.6 is much more!

And don't say "yaoi" -_-' even if in Japan most of the stuff are under the "BL - boy's love" name, yaoi is usually used of "hard" stuff... I mean with explicit sexual content... not with just a kiss... if not, Naruto is a yaoi as well O_o and I don't speak about the doujinshi...
Aug 19, 2011 12:55 PM

Jul 2011
i know what will nezumi show shion in the next episode, what a pervert
Aug 19, 2011 1:18 PM

Aug 2009
amayih said:
What do you think about No.6 "new" (up to August 20th) rating and genre?

I mean, it was "sci-fi" until ep7 and now it's "Action, Sci-Fi, Shounen Ai, Josei"!
If the ep7 "goodbye kiss" make it become "Shounen Ai"... well how many other animes should be Shounen-Ai as well? Naruto, Gankutsuou are the first I think about, but there are probably others who have kiss between guys... the Shoujo Ai tag is definitely not added when too girls kiss (Host Club,...) so why now?
We don't even have romantic feelings during the kiss (much more the next morning ^_^)! And the novel/manga are not yet rated "Shounen Ai" even if the novel looks more shounen-ai than the anime. Tiger & Bunny *o* feel more shounen-ai than No.6 for me, and not from the gay hero!
Even Kyou kara Maoh isn't "shounen ai" on MAL...

And rating: R - 17+ (violence & profanity)?? Did I see the same anime? I mean, Junjo Romantica is rated "PG-13 - Teens 13 or older" so it's shouldn't be for the "shounen ai" factor! Switch also is PG-13 but we are gun/blood/drugs/murder, Yami no Matsuei kiss/rape/blood/psychological torture also is "PG-13"... so?

I think rating and genre are important because a lot of people will read them before decide watching/not watching an anime! I often pest again the "ecchi" and "harem" genre when it's not added but should be but the opposite is also true! How many people will read the "shounen ai" tag thinking about Gravitation, Junjo Romantica, Sekai ichi hatsukoi... who ARE shounen-ai and don't even try No.6 because of this?
In No.6 we don't have pink/flowers/stars background, no blush all the time. For me it's not *yet at least* not a shounen-ai and it will probably never become *sadly maybe*.

Still have to say: I'm a fujoshi and like Shion/Nezumi together! But it's not the kiss who give me this feeling, it's much more the relationship between them!
Somewhere I'm sad about this kiss! Because of the kiss this anime is classified as shounen-ai, who mean in the head of most people: no story, gay sex and so on... I think No.6 is much more!

And don't say "yaoi" -_-' even if in Japan most of the stuff are under the "BL - boy's love" name, yaoi is usually used of "hard" stuff... I mean with explicit sexual content... not with just a kiss... if not, Naruto is a yaoi as well O_o and I don't speak about the doujinshi...

I agree about the genre thing, this isn't really shounen-ai. One kiss doesn't immediately make it a gay anime, there are enough anime with kisses between 2 girls but they're not shoujo ai either, like Kämpfer.
And this show is more of a sci-fi mystery. I mean, there's a big mystery surrounding that city no.6 right?
But I still feel that this anime is ruined because of all the scenes outside of no.6. I don't give a shit about Dogkeeper, Rat or Sion, but I love every second with the scenes of Sion's mom and Safu. They're very interesting and thrilling.
Aug 19, 2011 1:19 PM

Sep 2010
I'll change it into BL then....
Aug 19, 2011 1:55 PM

Dec 2009
OMFG I love this episode <3 .
Aug 19, 2011 2:04 PM

Nov 2008
I loved this episode so much! all the development was so satisfying <3

I loved the kiss, But I loved the last scene much better. Their bond is so flawless~ the way they care for each other is just asdfdsfj
I can't wait for the next episode <3

Velocitas014 said:
Okay, I know I'm kinda missing the point here, but....

I thought I was the only one xD
Aug 19, 2011 2:56 PM
Mar 2011
I think Shion wiill just keep Safu as just a "friend" and not accept her feelings but whatever. I'm more into the city of No.6's secrets or whatever they are hiding..

Hm, isn't Shounen ai like male bonding? But either way - MAL still labeled it as so..

Reply: well kindof. Shōnen-ai is used to describe titles that focus more on romance and do not include explicit sexual content, although they may include implicit sexual content. I think this is still a shojo anime. I would describe the novels as being closer to shonen ai. Its prety borderline. I also want to know what the hell is happenning with this city. Why Safu in the container?! What is the meaning behind her being this "perfect sample". I wonder if its even possible to save her at all now. Maybe shell get mutated into something along the lines of Jenova in FFVII (i mean in terms of appearance) or the original pandora in Freezing.
Aug 19, 2011 3:03 PM
Mar 2011
I agree about the genre thing, this isn't really shounen-ai. One kiss doesn't immediately make it a gay anime, there are enough anime with kisses between 2 girls but they're not shoujo ai either, like Kämpfer.
And this show is more of a sci-fi mystery. I mean, there's a big mystery surrounding that city no.6 right?
But I still feel that this anime is ruined because of all the scenes outside of no.6. I don't give a shit about Dogkeeper, Rat or Sion, but I love every second with the scenes of Sion's mom and Safu. They're very interesting and thrilling.

Reply: true true. It wasnt the kiss yaoi bl fans were looking for even if they thought it was. Its still yet to be sh. If its gets to a scene where Shion and Rat are giving tongue to each other then it will be BL and Yaoi. Taht would be where i stop watching this show. I dont care so much about Rikaga or Dog keeper either. Not that its "bad" side information but I'd like the producers to "get around" to filling us in on whats happenenin' in No.6 town. So far we only know that its got a bug problem. With all theyve shown us they could just bring out the raid and solve it.... It was a niec scene between Safu and Shions mom. :D
Aug 19, 2011 3:05 PM

Dec 2008
*ignores fangirl squeals*

I'm actually a little surprised BONES included the (much-anticipated) kiss scene, but I have to echo what someone else said and wonder at how people are so happy about it when it was obviously a very sad moment in the series.

In any case, I'm not into BL so I don't really care. All I'm thinking of is that now that the kiss is done and over with, can we please move onto the real plot? I want to know what's going on with No. 6 and those damned wasps!
Aug 19, 2011 3:14 PM
Mar 2011
One other thing I'd want to cover is that: When the sunset came over the horizon I guarentee only one thing came over all the horizons in the yaoi fans minds. That would be
"OMG There staring into each others eyes! They're about to jump into each other, make out and duel!".
It made me quite happy to think of their dissappointment as they'd would all realize that the impossible wasnt coming in the next seconds. Shion and Nezumi were looking at each other in terms of their resolved friendly "manly" relationship. ah ha ha... This moment is mine.
Aug 19, 2011 3:50 PM
Aug 2011
I really don't get people crying about the BL scenes, it's not like hardcore yaoi. This anime is really tasteful, a simple ecchi full with panties is more outraging. It was just an innocent little kiss(sweet though)..why the great emotional reaction? perhaps you are more affected than you wish?:)

I also don't get the fangirls :O I, as a BL fan though it was nothing, NOTHING, I want to see more. I want to see Nezumi grabbing Shion firmly, saying something seme and then kiss him like a boss..after this I will be satisfied :D

As for the plot..I dunno, I don't care..there, I sad it, I just want to see boys kissing:D now flame me
Aug 19, 2011 4:45 PM
Mar 2011
KitKatze said:
I really don't get people crying about the BL scenes, it's not like hardcore yaoi. This anime is really tasteful, a simple ecchi full with panties is more outraging. It was just an innocent little kiss(sweet though)..why the great emotional reaction? perhaps you are more affected than you wish?:)

I also don't get the fangirls :O I, as a BL fan though it was nothing, NOTHING, I want to see more. I want to see Nezumi grabbing Shion firmly, saying something seme and then kiss him like a boss..after this I will be satisfied :D

As for the plot..I dunno, I don't care..there, I sad it, I just want to see boys kissing:D now flame me

Hey you're not the first to admit they're only watching this show for boy love development. Actually, I think there are more people like that following No.6 than plot wanters. Its just too mild at this point though for me to think anything else could happen. Even though im against that happening in this show, which i agree is "tasteful", you still might have hopes for the second season (if they make one). I doubt there be anything more in addition to the lip touch. Besides, theres only 5 episodes left. What CAN happen except for the plot to finally kick in. Also, ill say that if Shion was a girl and he kissed Nezumi, then i wouldnt have thought they liked each other. It wasnt a love kiss, to say the least. I wont flame you but Im sure you might get it. Whenever somebody shares their strong opinions (for this anime atleast) there is always backlash. Ive given it and been given it.
Aug 19, 2011 5:01 PM
Nov 2009
EH. I've waited for the kiss so long, but, dunno, it didn't feel like it had a meaning. I'm a total Nezumi/Sion!girl, but seriously. I can kiss my best friends like that. it wasn't a lover's kiss at all. me is disappointed ):

OTL
Aug 19, 2011 5:10 PM

Jun 2008
I still dont get why there are people denying the obvious love feelings that Shion and Nezumi have for each other. c´mon its not like they were always gay, but they simply fell in love with each other,(and it just happened that both were from the same gender) so those who insist that they are having just a friendship are kinda in denial? not criticizing, ofc. if that makes u happier, go for it. what im trying to say is that Shion would have fallen in love with Nezumi on the same way if he was a girl, because they have a huge strong bond regardless the gender.

and i must say, my comments are not intended to offend or criticize someone. i like healthy debates...but...here it goes:

T3rm1n4t0r2 said:
One other thing I'd want to cover is that: When the sunset came over the horizon I guarentee only one thing came over all the horizons in the yaoi fans minds. That would be
"OMG There staring into each others eyes! They're about to jump into each other, make out and duel!".
It made me quite happy to think of their dissappointment as they'd would all realize that the impossible wasnt coming in the next seconds. Shion and Nezumi were looking at each other in terms of their resolved friendly "manly" relationship. ah ha ha... This moment is mine.

my reply:
OrulyonAug 19, 2011 5:36 PM

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Aug 19, 2011 5:19 PM

Aug 2009
Orulyon said:
I still dont get why there are people denying the obvious love feelings that Shion and Nezumi have for each other. c´mon its not like they are gay, but they simply fell in love with each other,(and it just happened that both were from the same gender)

2 men that fall in love with each other is not gay?
You lost me.
Aug 19, 2011 5:31 PM

Jul 2009
13man18 said:
Poor Safu. Sion is going for the other team. All I'm thinking is poor Safu.

I dunno, I think Sion might go both ways.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Aug 19, 2011 5:35 PM

Jun 2008
STM said:
Orulyon said:
I still dont get why there are people denying the obvious love feelings that Shion and Nezumi have for each other. c´mon its not like they were gay, but they simply fell in love with each other,(and it just happened that both were from the same gender)

You lost me.

lol, sorry my bad writing. What i meant was they´re gay now, precisely because they fell in love with each other. but before they met each other, we dont know if they were straight or gay. ( its not like they were "assumed" gay before they fell for each other).

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Aug 19, 2011 6:05 PM

Feb 2009
*grin* So it was really a kiss uh, (can't stop grinning). Lover quarrel is always a treat more so when they are between guys. Anyway I like they relationship no mushy mushy stuff :3

Is it me or Safu and Eve share some resemblance?
Aug 19, 2011 6:29 PM

Feb 2010
Hatbox said:
It's not the show I'll be dropping but reading the discussions afterwards. Sick of seeing all the homophobic comments. Especially from people who add 'And yeah, I'm a girl' Well aren't you a special little snowflake? What do you want, a round of applause? Gender doesn't come into it. You're still just posting discriminatory messages. I'm disgusted by anyone who is rating the episode lowly simply because of one tiny kiss. I guess I'll just go rate any episode I see where there's a heterosexual kiss included with a 1 because by your standards that's acceptable. For crying out loud /end rant.

Sure, "fangirl" comments which ignore discussing any of the actual plot in favor of long strings of exclamation marks and capitals annoy me too but I just scroll past them.

I agree completely.
People are free to say whatever they want in a discussion thread.
They have a right to express their thoughts and emotions on the episode
and that includes things like,"OMGEEE THE KISSS~~~".
Iif you're one of those people who're all like,"Oh it's not the anime I don't like, it's the fangirls" are a bunch of freaks. If you're so freaking pissed off at them and they're "ruining your experience in watching No.6" why bothering even reading them? Just skim past them and ignore them.

STM said:
Orulyon said:
I still dont get why there are people denying the obvious love feelings that Shion and Nezumi have for each other. c´mon its not like they are gay, but they simply fell in love with each other,(and it just happened that both were from the same gender)

You lost me.

I'm lost too, but
everything you just said in that was pretty much gay, lol
Aug 19, 2011 6:35 PM
Jun 2011
Dropped
Aug 19, 2011 6:45 PM

Jun 2008
EarlCiel said:

I'm lost too, but

LOOOL, u made me laugh:) but you´re so true.
maybe i should not have used the gay word, lool.
ah, whatever, they are gay now XD

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Aug 19, 2011 7:48 PM
Jun 2011
Was expecting a little more out of the kiss, but in retrospect I'm glad they didn't dramaticize it too much. This way it still seems like a bromance, not some yaoi fangirl BL action.
Aug 19, 2011 9:05 PM

Jul 2008
OMG .... as if I was the one who kissed .... it was sooo romantic

Aug 19, 2011 9:39 PM

Nov 2009
well... considering the slot for the show...
what were you waiting for? your generic shounen never-ending stuff?
yeah, first 5 secs (after kiss scene) it looks totally gay for me. but now i'm not so sure about it.
c'mon it's not like they kissed and then had some hot night on the sofa near fireplace. yeah, they're kinda close, but right now they're not totally gay.
and... did you ever saw Shion's father? you can consider, that his mother is the only person, who raised him. in this way, his behavior is not so surprising and shocking.
professorpetrovAug 19, 2011 9:47 PM
Aug 19, 2011 10:32 PM

Dec 2010
omg that kiss scene was awesome i wish he would have pulled him down or they would have kissed again when the sun was rising but then again this isnt a yaoi lol nezumi is such a pretty boy
- Marissa Chan!
Aug 19, 2011 10:50 PM

Dec 2010
I guess the girls here on MAL are popping bottles. Woo. They kissed.

Aside from that, damn! That granny seems like she wouldn't hesitate to draw a gun and shoot you. What an evil granny in disguise...

Shit, so I guess Safu is now harboring that killer bee thing. I wonder what they meant by golden egg... Is she immune to the disease or is she the perfect person to carry the disease as a weapon?

Btw, who thinks gay people can't be bad asses? I bet there are some who are jacked like crazy and would get more women than most heterosexual men...even if they were gay.

Looking forward to next episode.
RezurrektAug 19, 2011 10:54 PM

Aug 20, 2011 12:08 AM

Dec 2010
0_0
Aug 20, 2011 7:23 AM

Jun 2010
Whorification said:
Dropped

lmao You homophobic asshole. This was the best ep !
Just lacked some romantic sex scene that's all ! =]
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 20, 2011 7:24 AM

Jun 2010
KeiranShikari said:
Yaoi fangirls, yaoi fangirls everywhere.

Yaoi Fan boy here ! =]
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 20, 2011 7:35 AM

Jul 2007
LOVE... this episode! and also I like Nezumi in this episode.. :D
Aug 20, 2011 9:25 AM

Jun 2008
DesolateOne said:

Btw, who thinks gay people can't be bad asses? I bet there are some who are jacked like crazy and would get more women than most heterosexual men...even if they were gay.

the most good looking manly and charming guy ive ever met, was actually gay (a seme (top), btw but even if he was a uke (bottom) i bet he would still be manly).
XD

pieceofshota said:
KeiranShikari said:

Yaoi Fan boy here ! =]

Its great to see that although its rare, there are also yaoifanboys here:)

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Aug 20, 2011 10:20 AM

Oct 2007
STM said:

Yes! If one kiss between same sex is shounen-ai/shoujo-ai we will have A LOT of them in MAL!!
I don't know Kämpfer but there are: Host Club, Naruto, Gankutsuou, Kyou kara Maoh! R... well already said this yesterday!
Same for shounen-ai genre added for no shonen-ai anime... I mean, UraBoku! Why shounen-ai? The manga is also tagged shounen-ai, published in Asuka (shoujo mag) who ofter have shounen-ai but still, the anime is not! at least no more than X who don't have this tag, so?
Someone also notice the Detective Conan movie (9?) with the Shounen-ai tag... I saw ABSOLUTELY NOTHING who look like shounen-ai, even from fujoshi/BL fan eyes >_< (and I was disappointed ^^)
And so many ecchi/harem don't have the tag also! So why people should be "warned" for a light kiss with no meaning and other will have to see by themselves that it's ecchi/pantsu/harem/loli??
A lot of genre/rating should be change in MAL in fact ^^ Seriously, Saiyuki with "shounen" genre!!! well ok for the 1st serie since the manga was published in a shounen mag at this time, but from Reload it's in a shoujo/josei mag!!!! Burial don't have shounen/shoujo/josei tag and Gaiden is in shoujo!
Spice & Wolf also should have the seinen tag

I want so much to see Naruto with the "shounen-ai" tag!! ^__^ The kiss was longer, stronger and they also have a strong reaction after, isn't it?!

In november I went to the Tokyo University Festival in the 1st/2nd years student campus. More than half of the guy was dressed as girls and in the "girl" cafe they kind of play together, it was much more "shounen-ai" than No.6 *BL fangirl in heaven*

In fact I would like No.6 to become a "real" shounen-ai and Shion/Nezumi will be happily married and french-kiss a lot and so on... well let's do it in season2, just focus on the story for the last 4 episodes!
Aug 20, 2011 10:32 AM

May 2010
*straight guy enters the discussion*
*covers ears due to loud fangirl screams*

So it was really a kiss but at least it looks just bromance to me.

Damn, I felt bad for Safu. Good thing the plot is moving next ep.

Didn't really liked the idea that this show is tagged as Shounen-ai. :/

Whorification said:
Dropped

Hahaha.. LMAO
Aug 20, 2011 12:06 PM

Feb 2010
Orulyon said:
EarlCiel said:

I'm lost too, but

LOOOL, u made me laugh:) but you´re so true.
maybe i should not have used the gay word, lool.
ah, whatever, they are gay now XD

haha, I'm glad I made you laugh.

StormViruz said:
*straight guy enters the discussion*
*covers ears due to loud fangirl screams*

So it was really a kiss but at least it looks just bromance to me.

Damn, I felt bad for Safu. Good thing the plot is moving next ep.

Didn't really liked the idea that this show is tagged as Shounen-ai. :/

Yeah cause that's totally bromance! I mean, two guys can kiss each other on the lips and it doesn't really mean much. You know, cause that's what guys do when they leave someone for good. Kiss each other. It's completely normal.

Hell no, they're gay. I mean, srsly. Doesn't Sion's behavior make him any more straight?
Nuh ugh, about everything that comes out of his mouth is pretty much gay.
Okay, maybe not everything, but his actions.

pieceofshota said:
Whorification said:
Dropped

That's not very nice. I know that person will probably not see it (wtf is up with the name? whorification?) you should still be respectful of other people's actions and stuff.

amayih said:

I want so much to see Naruto with the "shounen-ai" tag!! ^__^ The kiss was longer, stronger and they also have a strong reaction after, isn't it?!

Yeah...like I said it my other post. I don't think seeing Naruto with a shounen ai tag will ever happen. Ever. (I'll put it in spoiler tags only cause it's pretty long and I really don't feel like stretching the page anymore..srry)-
EarlCielAug 20, 2011 12:12 PM
Aug 20, 2011 12:42 PM

Oct 2007
EarlCiel said:
amayih said:

Yeah...like I said it my other post. I don't think seeing Naruto with a shounen ai tag will ever happen. Ever. (I'll put it in spoiler tags only cause it's pretty long and I really don't feel like stretching the page anymore..srry)-

Of course, Naruto is not a shounen-ai anime/manga!
I didn't say this for the relationship Naruto/Sasuke (not even for Kakashi/Gai who is still much more obviously ^_^) but because there IS ACTUALLY A KISS in the Naruto! even if it was an accident! So if No.6 "gain" the "shounen-ai" label because of the kiss (who still don't have a romantic meaning, Naruto should also have this tag! It's not because you can see a guy/guy kiss that the series is "shounen-ai", same for girls and shoujo-ai! Accidents and no feeling kisses shouldn't count!
If I want to be extreme, MAL should also add the "yaoi" tag for Berserk!!!!! we have guy/guy kiss/sex/prostitution... I would like to read the comment in MAL if this tag is added!
So: no, guy/guy kiss =/= shounen-ai!
Aug 20, 2011 1:43 PM

Feb 2010
Well, if there was a kiss in Naruto I'm pretty sure it would be with a guy and a girl.

Also, I'm not very clear as to what you're trying to say. Sure there are some moments Naruto where you're like,"Okay, that's gay." (which is over 76% of the time)
But that's because everyone in Naruto acts gay, but I doubt that they have any "romantic feelings" with each other. Take naruto and sasuke for example. Sasuke doesn't give freaking care about naruto, and naruto's obsessed with sasuke. Now I do agree that this may "hint" something NarutoxSasuke fangirls but I just see it as Naruto being a retard. If he was smart enough, he'd make up his mind.
Leave the emo slashing freak or kill him.

If there was a guy on guy kiss on the LIPS then that's pretty much unheard of.
I don't watch the anime anymore, so I wouldn't know.

Also, that last equation thing is really confusing. o__o;
Aug 20, 2011 1:48 PM

Sep 2010
The crazy fangirl in me is thrilled. This kiss is like a dream come true.
Aug 20, 2011 6:34 PM

Jan 2011
Great episode! Love where the plot is going, I hope they can manage to save Safu.
Aug 20, 2011 10:28 PM

Oct 2007
EarlCiel said:
Well, if there was a kiss in Naruto I'm pretty sure it would be with a guy and a girl.

Also, I'm not very clear as to what you're trying to say. Sure there are some moments Naruto where you're like,"Okay, that's gay." (which is over 76% of the time)
But that's because everyone in Naruto acts gay, but I doubt that they have any "romantic feelings" with each other. Take naruto and sasuke for example. Sasuke doesn't give freaking care about naruto, and naruto's obsessed with sasuke. Now I do agree that this may "hint" something NarutoxSasuke fangirls but I just see it as Naruto being a retard. If he was smart enough, he'd make up his mind.
Leave the emo slashing freak or kill him.

If there was a guy on guy kiss on the LIPS then that's pretty much unheard of.
I don't watch the anime anymore, so I wouldn't know.

Also, that last equation thing is really confusing. o__o;

There IS a kiss in Naruto! if we mean lips on lips interaction! I know it was years ago, at the beginning, I just google "naruto sasuke anime kiss screencap" now and found it again!. I know it was not a "real" kiss with feeling since it was an accident, BUT that's why I think No.6 shouldn't (at least YET) have the shounen-ai tag because the kiss didn't have romantic feeling, it was a goodnight/farewell or name it as you want, but not a kiss exchanged between lovers! It was a sad kiss, "I will never see you again since I will probably be killed" kiss, and not a "let's do more next time" kiss!
Aug 21, 2011 12:08 AM

Feb 2009
Everybody is talking about if No. 6 is shounen-ai or not.
Well, I really don't care, it wasn't a really romantic kiss, but still a kiss, so I'm happy it happened. I am looking forward for a relationship between those two (not just because of the kiss, but with the scene after that too), but if it was just a "normal kiss/greeting kiss" like some people are saying, I'm happy too. Besides that, I really want more revelations about the city or news about Safu! The anime was different from what I was expecting, but I liked it too. (^v^)
Aug 21, 2011 12:55 AM

Nov 2007
After the break, I came to watch the raw, and saw this icon of kiss somewhere... WOW~~

So looks like Nezumi's singing is important to Inugami? And Safu's not existing anymore..

Seems like that old lady is suspicious?

Wow, Youming's secret revealed as investigating No.6 ling Nezumi!!

Golden egg? And Shion found Safu's cloth that Nezumi requested Inugami to investigate...

The kiss is from Shion!! And they hid each other about Safu and punching each other!! Nezumi's confession is nice.

Real drama begins next ep.
tsubasaloverAug 21, 2011 1:38 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 21, 2011 4:35 AM
Jul 2011
Glitterati said:
I am just disappointed in how continuously the crazy-obsessive nature of their relationship just doesn't come across in the anime like in the novels. I mean, both characters are so damn messed up and all this animu does is shows them dancing and tralala'ing in the dismal surrounding, quick kiss and then weak ass punches like some kindergarten playground crap.

This relationship, bromance or whatever the hell you want it to be, is scary shit. Not School Days nice boat level, mind you, but it's damn well near it in terms of obsession and mental imbalances. I hope these later eps bring it out more <_<
i don't think they can anymore, without it seeming really jarring. D: they've settled for this tone, methinks, for good.

from the start the anime had a much tamer/softer feel to the shion/nezumi relationship --- the park scene even had a cheesy sunrise, for goodness' sake! all the tension, out the window. it felt like a "resolution" as opposed to "a step forward" --- and especially shion himself--like, in the first ep we definitely feel his suffocation but no destructive underpinnings, what he loved about the storm was the wildness and freedom of it, and i got no "break it, break it all!!1!one" vibes at all. the times they tried to get shion to be creepy seemed to me a bit out of character (the attack on rikiga) or easily chalked down to nezumi's fear of emotional attachment (the hand-on-neck thing). they washed him clean, and the few (halfhearted?) attempts at giving him darkness were a little too late. ...or something, IDK maybe i missed stuff, i am as dense as diamonds after all.

...don't really mind all that much, but yeah. i miss the rawness and intensity and danger between them in the novels, and i miss the cute doofiness much more.

Brace625 said:
So the kiss is in the novel. Was it written with more romantic connotations then what was shown? Cause otherwise this is a fairly tame kiss (both closed lips).
Which leads me to believe that it was more a sign of gratitude and friendship than romantic. The possible two meanings are quite different and have implications for the rest of the story. Can some make it clear which one it is meant to be.
hmmm, from what i remember, the kiss was definitely one of farewell. not specifically romantic but no less heartwrenching, especially for nezumi.

but. um, well. there are other scenes that (in my honest opinion, more than) hint at a romantic/sexual interest, and that kiss is alluded to in at least one of them. here, have a long-ass example courtesy of hiriajuu from LJ that also shows some of the screwed-up-ness mentioned earlier:

Velocitas014 said:
Okay, I know I'm kinda missing the point here, but....

DOGKEEPER <333 i'm so sorry, i can't help it, i just need to SMOOSH HER IN MY ARMS-!!! o dogkeeper why so endearingly cute?

ANYWAY. IN OTHER NEWS:

NOOOO SAFU. ;___________; ...does anyone else think that the kindly old lady in the airport might have been an informant too?! also if we assume that the fainting spell was bee-related, and no. 6 is consciously involved with the bees... does that fainting have anything to do with why they chose her as a sample? or was that just coincidence that she was 'ideal'? is NEZUMI an ideal sample too, is that why they were transporting hm in the first ep? IS THE EVIL LAB LOCATED IN THE MOONDROP?! GDI ANIME GIMME SOME ANSWERS PLEASE

karan gets some action next ep?! well she is a very hot mom~

yes finally nezumi backstory!

more plot! will we be giving face to an antagonist?! are they cutting out the m**h***?! i kinda love that weird bee song. i have little faith in the ending at this point. :/
Aug 21, 2011 5:37 AM
Mar 2011
Orulyon said:
DesolateOne said:

the most good looking manly and charming guy ive ever met, was actually gay (a seme (top), btw but even if he was a uke (bottom) i bet he would still be manly).
XD

pieceofshota said:
KeiranShikari said:

Yaoi Fan boy here ! =]

Reply: Would you also say its great to see straight female lesbian fans? Assuming you're female, i think you'd be a little more resistant to agree to that.
Aug 21, 2011 5:40 AM
Mar 2011
pieceofshota said:
Whorification said:
Dropped

Dude, cut people some slack. We're not in a world where everyone can jsut so easily adjust to the modern age changes occuring. Gays and male /male are being widely accepted but that doesnt mean each individual will accept it so easily, unlike yourself. Plus, he didnt say he had anything wrong WITH it, just that it wasn't his kind of anime.
Aug 21, 2011 6:44 AM
Mar 2011
Orulyon Said:

my reply:

Reply: Ok, Ill "go with it", with what you're saying for a second. And now I'll review and respond. Actually I need to admit defeat in terms of how much one person can write as a return to such a tiny opinionated post as what i gave. I mean, I thought I usually typed a lot, but, oh dang, you win.

1. Yes, I was being dead serious when i said most people would have pictured a scene somewhat like S & N making out in their heads, after that sunset. And I don't know if they will kiss in the end but i didnt exactly wipe it off the tables, now did I? Just said I was happy at that moment. :)
2. How do you come up with solid results like "50%'. So very unscientific...
3. You're also saying that I think their relationship isn't manly? Whether it turns out to be a gay or friendly relationship they're both males so, its already manly regardless. If they were females, it would be womenly. It isnt only because they are guys, though. It's because of the strength they've each shown already. And you should know that strength comes not from just physical fitness and ability, but also emotional state in different situations. Realize that please. Additionally, I wouldnt say that Nezumi is as gar as you think. To be "gar" you must have more life experience than either Shion or Nezumi. Theyre getting their though.
4. I just dont believe that you didnt have "strange" thoughts at least in some of the scenes you mentioned. You're only human after all. And whether you're male or female everybody has dreams like that sometimes. You aren't some kind of robet thta doesnt understand it. If you like a pairs' relationship as much as you seem to, you would imagine things at anytime you see them, even if its not imediate. or atleast at the most appearing; appropriate times.
5. You're right, I cannnot guarentee "nothing". What I think you were trying ot say was that i can't guarentee anything, but with your bad sense of the english written language, you completely nullfiy your arguments.
6. It's correct that this is not a yaoi anime; I'd say it's borderline Shonen Ai and Shojo. But anyways I was talking about what all the yaoi fans would think about when they saw them "looking into each others eyes" at that sunset.
7. That's a strong knowledge of bl hentai you seem to show, but its not yaoi. As far as I know the men don't explicitly have sex in yaoi animes. Making out; hugging affectionately; cute blushing, but no "hardcore sex".
8. I always think before I comment. I always try to comment the most "polite" and "respective" way I can while still defending myself, others, and my points. My opinion of what yaoi fans would think was probably right for many of them. If I was able to see that happening under different circumstances (like if they had been male and female) then I think its very possible that yaio lovers could have pictured them both kissing passionately in each other's arms again. Next, If you respect the people who just don't reply to the yaoi comment and dont "flame" with their rplys, why cant you also do the same. Besides its not like what I said was very contradicting with what all the yf comments were like in the first place. Just go look at some of their previous posts in the other episodes discussions. They get pretty close to what I was assuming. They are sometimes similar to "I cant wait for them to groped each other's hair and other parts and suck tongues."
9. Why do you say to come flame you when you've already asked people who might flame you and other bl lovers not to. That's a bit strange. I think It's fair to say that I'm gonna be the only one responding to this, unless people want to interfere with our great "discussion". And I hope you reply to this in order for uss to continue disputing. You know it's fun.
10. Finally, you say to only reply with comments that have backed up evidence or that you'll only ignore them? Well what about posts where people share their own valid/important opinions with you? Do you throw those away just because they have no solid evidence? Simple ideas shouldnt have to require logic and perfection like you think. It's fine for them to be fun and open as well as out of nowhere. And if you want strong facts from others, you need to give them in return. Ie: Try not making up random statistics such as their being a 50% percent that Nezumi and Shion will kiss again. Something like that is just impossible to "calulate".
T3rm1n4t0r2Aug 21, 2011 6:50 AM
Aug 21, 2011 7:21 AM

Jun 2008
T3rm1n4t0r2 said:
Orulyon said:
DesolateOne said:

XD

pieceofshota said:
KeiranShikari said:

Yaoi Fan boy here ! =]

Reply: Would you also say its great to see straight female lesbian fans? Assuming you're female, i think you'd be a little more resistant to agree to that.

Ofc i would. I must say im the very type of rare person who has straight, gay and lesbian friends. My "motto" is " whatever makes people happy as long as they dont hurt the others, its fine". In fact i have a girl which is my friend here on Mal that dislikes yaoi but loves yuri and she is straight, she thinks that way perhaps because she thinks girls have more sensitive feelings than guys.

what i want to say is that there are all types of fans for everything. you can like just one thing, or only like several things.
Example: We have here straight people who dont dislike yaoi, straight people who hate it, just like we have yaoi lovers who hate Safu and others who like her a lot etc etc etc.

But indeed, i would ask to yaoi fangirls to not to bash people who hate yaoi, as well as people who hate, not to bash yaoi fangirls.
I think everyone has the right to hate it and i know its very hard to accept gay/lesbian community because i also have homophobics specially in my own family. Its not easy to change beliefs.

but, it would be nice if people also made an effort to try to understand people who have different sexual preferences. i believe the feelings are the same in straight or non straight relationships.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Aug 21, 2011 7:32 AM
Mar 2011
Orulyon Said:

Ofc i would. I must say im the very type of rare person who has straight, gay and lesbian friends. My "motto" is " whatever makes people happy as long as they dont hurt the others, its fine". In fact i have a girl which is my friend here on Mal that dislikes yaoi but loves yuri and she is straight, she thinks that way perhaps because she thinks girls have more sensitive feelings than guys.

what i want to say is that there are all types of fans for everything. you can like just one thing, or only like several things.
Example: We have here straight people who dont dislike yaoi, straight people who hate it, just like we have yaoi lovers who hate Safu and others who like her a lot etc etc etc.

But indeed, i would ask to yaoi fangirls to not to bash people who hate yaoi, as well as people who hate, not to bash yaoi fangirls.
I think everyone has the right to hate it and i know its very hard to accept gay/lesbian community because i also have homophobics specially in my own family. Its not easy to change beliefs.

but, it would be nice if people also made an effort to try to understand people who have different sexual preferences. i believe the feelings are the same in straight or non straight relationships.

Reply: Well, you sure seem to be a rare personality indeed. Not many people can so easily accept others personal sexuality and their preferences. Good for you!
T3rm1n4t0r2Aug 21, 2011 7:36 AM
Aug 21, 2011 8:04 AM

Jun 2008
T3rm1n4t0r2 said:
Orulyon Said:

my reply:

Reply: Ok, Ill "go with it", with what you're saying for a second. And now I'll review and respond. Actually I need to admit defeat in terms of how much one person can write as a return to such a tiny opinionated post as what i gave. I mean, I thought I usually typed a lot, but, oh dang, you win.

Could u please put under spoiler your comment?:) thank you. (because this is a debate between us). and i apologize if i seemed rude, i dont intend to flame u, my apologies.

debating is always fun ofc!
but due to my huge posts,(my fingers hurt btw) since i dont want to bother you anymore with them and i dont intend to piss u off or something, ill just shut up and i will go back to my little yaoi delusional world XD
OrulyonAug 21, 2011 8:09 AM

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Aug 21, 2011 9:40 AM

Apr 2011
God! THIS scene made me nosebleed. I wasn't expecting it at all because everyone've said that No.6 is about only friendship and nothing else.

Kawaii <3

I'm hoping for something more...

Can't wait to see next episode!
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » No.6 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 15, 2011

432 by Tacticianrt »»
Mar 25, 10:03 PM

Poll: » No.6 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Aug 11, 2011

166 by SouthRzVa »»
Oct 25, 2023 3:44 PM

Poll: » No.6 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jul 28, 2011

174 by SouthRzVa »»
Oct 20, 2023 3:19 PM

Poll: » No.6 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jul 21, 2011

120 by SouthRzVa »»
Oct 19, 2023 3:00 PM

Poll: » No.6 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jul 14, 2011

161 by SouthRzVa »»
Oct 17, 2023 2:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.