MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

TV Anime of Black★Rock Shooter on Noitamina Block Announced [Update Dec 10]
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» News Discussion »» TV Anime of Black★Rock Shooter on Noitamina Block Announced [Update Dec 10]

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

Pages (17) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
08-18-11, 12:45 PM

Oh snap! And yes please!!!!

08-18-11, 12:49 PM

Kvakond said:
Why would anyone do this?

Are you asking why anyone would make an anime based on an insanely popular character that is guaranteed big profits?

08-18-11, 12:50 PM

I must get around to watching the OVA then....it seemed interesting but the bad reviews kept me away.

08-18-11, 12:51 PM

MannyCalavera said:
TreF said:
MannyCalavera said:
noitaminA was originally meant to appeal a larger audience, amiright?

it's a shame it's getting more and more soiled by otaku and fujoshi.

You don't seem to know what you're talking about.

please enlighten me

this shit is nothing more than an ad for selling action figures and drama cd

huke? more like fluke

By that logic, every noitaminA title is nothing more than an ad for selling original manga/novels, merchandise and whatnot.

Pic related, it's you

08-18-11, 1:02 PM

Anisamar said:
It has to be at least ten times better than the OVA; otherwise, it’d be the same letdown, “too much hype” show as that one
This!

08-18-11, 1:07 PM

NoitamA is a block that should, MUST be, for GOOD shows, for all audiences, with a GOOD story.

Black Rock Shooter is the true pinnacle of the worst merchandise and OTAKU JUNK. Not by chance the Yamakan quit a Fractale (other NoitamA show). In the two cases, the producers try to sell this as be something different, something interesting, coherent and well done, WITH A GOOD STORY, WITH HEART AND SOUL. This is NOT what this two series prove to be. Both are just plain and obvious products, canned masturbatory to extract money from idiots.

I can only hope that BRS TV will be closer to the original idea of the project.
But, even so, is hard to believe that will be a series of the same level of previous NoitamA shows, within the proposal to be a block for good stories as were Honey and Clover, Paradise Kiss, Ayakashi, Hataraki Man, Nodame Cantabile, Mononoke, Moyashimon, Hakaba Kitaro, Toshokan Sensō, Antique Bakery, Genji Monogatari Sennenki, Eden of the East, Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, Kūchū Buranko, House of Five Leaves, The Tatami Galaxy, Shiki, Kuragehime, Wandering Son, Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai, Bunny Drop and No. 6.

Shame on you Fuji TV!

#GenkiDama_for_NoitamA #SaveNoitamA #PrayForNoitamA #BRS_NOOO #YamakanKeikaku #SeriouslyFujiTV?

08-18-11, 1:08 PM

Looking forward to that explanation for the ending.

08-18-11, 1:12 PM

PaninaManina said:
NoitamA is a block that should, MUST be, for GOOD shows, for all audiences, with a GOOD story.

Black Rock Shooter is the true pinnacle of the worst merchandise and OTAKU JUNK. Not by chance the Yamakan quit a Fractale (other NoitamA show). In the two cases, the producers try to sell this as be something different, something interesting, coherent and well done, WITH A GOOD STORY, WITH HEART AND SOUL. This is NOT what this two series prove to be. Both are just plain and obvious products, canned masturbatory to extract money from idiots.

I can only hope that BRS TV will be closer to the original idea of the project.
But, even so, is hard to believe that will be a series of the same level of previous NoitamA shows, within the proposal to be a block for good stories as were Honey and Clover, Paradise Kiss, Ayakashi, Hataraki Man, Nodame Cantabile, Mononoke, Moyashimon, Hakaba Kitaro, Toshokan Sensō, Antique Bakery, Genji Monogatari Sennenki, Eden of the East, Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, Kūchū Buranko, House of Five Leaves, The Tatami Galaxy, Shiki, Kuragehime, Wandering Son, Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai, Bunny Drop and No. 6.

Shame on you Fuji TV!

#GenkiDama_for_NoitamA #SaveNoitamA #PrayForNoitamA #BRS_NOOO #YamakanKeikaku #SeriouslyFujiTV?

08-18-11, 1:14 PM

Will this have a different storyline than the OVA?
Anyway, nice news. Hopefully it'll be better than the OVA.
Anime fucking sucks.

08-18-11, 1:17 PM

Ohhh that's awesome news !! I can't wait for it !

08-18-11, 1:17 PM

From ANN:

"Update: Yutaka Yamamoto, the director of the Black Rock Shooter video anime and the founder of Ordet, reported on his Twitter account on Friday that the new project is not his."

At least that coward won't have his stank all over it this time.

08-18-11, 1:19 PM

Super Awesome~!! This is the best, this is so exciting and I can't wait for this :D

08-18-11, 1:22 PM

Roxxy-Baby said:
From ANN:

"Update: Yutaka Yamamoto, the director of the Black Rock Shooter video anime and the founder of Ordet, reported on his Twitter account on Friday that the new project is not his."

At least that coward won't have his stank all over it this time.

Then this is pretty much confirmed that this won't follow the original OVA at all, everything else looks to be different too

08-18-11, 1:25 PM

I'll see for sure \o/

08-18-11, 1:26 PM

Han-yuu said:
OVA was big disappointment but i might watch it because of noitaminA.

This, this, this.

The OVA was all flash no substance, but if anyone can make the story and characters as great as the visuals, it's them.

08-18-11, 1:29 PM

Homestuck said:
Han-yuu said:
OVA was big disappointment but i might watch it because of noitaminA.

This, this, this.

The OVA was all flash no substance, but if anyone can make the story and characters as great as the visuals, it's them.

-sigh- Noitamina isn't a company or a studio. Its a time block. Its the same studio (Ordet) as the OVA.

08-18-11, 1:38 PM

HELL. YES.

08-18-11, 1:42 PM

Dear oh dear, seems like everyone here is either lining up to suck the rock cannon or proclaiming this as disgusting otaku filth and that it will rape your babies before causing a nuclear holocaust.

To tell the truth, the OVA was average. That's what it was. On one hand, it was generic cute girls doing cute things that we have seen a bajillion times before in the last few years, but at least it told the story it had coherently and what few fight scenes we had were of decent quality.

What I would like is a story completely detached from our world and set entirely in the landscapes you get in all of Huke's artwork - something I know is too much to hope for I'm sure, but I think it would do better without the tried, tested and sadly underperforming 'and that's how generic schoolgirl x managed to be a superhero whilst still going out shopping with her kawaii friends' route.

That said, I will watch this no matter how it turns out. The OVA was many miles away from greatness, but it was by no means horrible and I doubt this project will turn out any worse.

Also sorry for terrible, terrible syntax, I am getting a bit tired.
Modified by Hatman, 08-18-11, 1:45 PM

08-18-11, 1:44 PM

Hurvilo said:
But at least we have one guarantee whenever a show airs on Noitamina - it will have a decent budget, and the studio behind it will regard it as an important title. I mean say what you want about Fractale, but at least it looked good and the director had a lot of faith in it.

Fractale had some badly off-model animation in a few episodes, and the character designs were considered fairly bland. It wasn't a *low* budget title, but I wouldn't use it as an example of especially high production values. And as for the director's faith in it... well, let's not get into Yamakan's eccentricities. :sd:

noitaminA shows generally have a "decent' budget, yes, though that's not quite the same as having a very high budget. And BRS would have a pretty good budget regardless of where it aired.

A Noitamina-show isn't good by default, but the chance of success is higher here than on any random block on any random channel.

Success in what sense? noitaminA has had fairly middling sales for the most part. It was doing especially badly both in ratings (by noitaminA standards) and disc sales (by any standards) for a couple seasons until AnoHana came around. Usagi Drop is also looking like it could do quite well, although No. 6 will be averageish at best, based on preorder rankings. noitaminA is, generally, not the go-to block if you're looking for big sales... and I'm really not sure BRS is a title to bring in mainstream ratings either.

MannyCalavera said:
huke? more like fluke

Aw, isn't it cute? It thinks it's witty.
Anime sales website at http://www.someanithing.com/

08-18-11, 1:45 PM

didn't like the ova so expecting better from the anime

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (17) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices