Forum Settings
Forums

TV Anime of Black★Rock Shooter on Noitamina Block Announced [Update Dec 10]

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Oct 1, 2011 12:47 PM

Jul 2010
oh yea i cant wait :D the ova wasnt outstanding but i like the characters...
Oct 1, 2011 5:10 PM

Jan 2011
i wonder how long the series will be?

Mio+Seraphim+Mion=Heaven
Oct 2, 2011 4:43 AM

Mar 2010
Havent tried watching this but i guess i will watch it :)
Oct 27, 2011 2:23 AM
Oct 2011
i'm exited for that .
Oct 27, 2011 7:39 AM

Apr 2010
8 episodes is really lame.... and makes me wonder why they don't just do it in ova format instead. 4 OVAs that are like 45 min each would make more sense then.

There goes the hype for my most anticipated Winter anime.

Oct 27, 2011 8:06 AM

Jul 2008
RyanSaotome said:
8 episodes is really lame.... and makes me wonder why they don't just do it in ova format instead. 4 OVAs that are like 45 min each would make more sense then.

I probably would have preferred an OVA continuation as well.

I don't really like the way the animation looks compared to the OVA.
Oct 27, 2011 8:38 AM
Jul 2018
jmal said:
The character design changes, the insanely short length, above all the 3DCG... this is not what I .

Oh come on, the CGI isn't that bad. Makes the world the BRS sequences are set in look more alien and abstract.
Oct 27, 2011 9:28 AM

Jul 2011
GarLogan78 said:

I probably would have preferred an OVA continuation as well.

I don't really like the way the animation looks compared to the OVA.

I actually thougt it was visually stunning and it seems that they are going to be using a mesh of styles if that new pv is any indication.

8 episodes seems very odd. I can only imagine that the noitaminA block has a series in the works that will be longer than the typical 11 following B*RS or Un-Go will run for a few episodes longer.
Nov 4, 2011 1:52 PM

Feb 2008
Sounds good to me nextday haha

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Nov 9, 2011 1:57 AM

Jan 2009
Main Cast is the same:

http://www.noitamina-brs.jp/character/#chara_01
http://www.noitamina-brs.jp/character/#chara_02
http://www.noitamina-brs.jp/character/#chara_03

Mato Kuroi: KANA HANAZAWA
Yomi Takanashi: MIYUKI SAWASHIRO
Yu Koutari: KANA ASUMI
Nov 20, 2011 1:46 PM

May 2011
Am I the only one that likes the new character designs?! Especially BRS'

I’m just trying to be okay. Some days it’s harder than others. I hide away the most real parts of myself from everyone else. The emotions that I try to escape from. The constant pain I feel. The nightmares that keep me awake at night.

It hurts sometimes... knowing that the world is continuing happily all around me while I continue to drown in alcohol and slowly die inside myself.

Nov 20, 2011 1:58 PM

Sep 2010

I think so :p
But seriously, I think that most people dislike the new designs because they feel moefied. I (and most of the people here I think) liked the character designs from the OVA, not because they were moe but because they were good. And now they did this to them. Also things like putting glasses on Yomi and changing hair styles make it feel like an entire new cast.
Nov 27, 2011 1:03 AM

Jan 2009
These "new" designs (the original world selves; however, I couldn't tell the "other" worlds were part of two different anime if they were put together, side-by-side) are VERY similar to Madoka Magica's.

And I can honestly believe they made them as such because of Madoka Magica's success; Aniplex is one of the producing companies behind both of these anime, and Aniplex is the BIG one behind the BRS TV anime (notice they had nothing to do with the OVA)
Dec 5, 2011 10:58 AM

Jan 2009

You honestly think they don't look even a little similar?
LadyOrihimeDec 5, 2011 11:02 AM
Dec 9, 2011 8:38 AM

Nov 2007
I just saw the official site, which says it begins to air on February 2, 2012, instead of January 2012.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 9, 2011 8:43 AM

May 2010
tsubasalover said:
I just saw the official site, which says it begins to air on February 2, 2012, instead of January 2012.

So it gonna be late........... Nooooo
Dec 9, 2011 9:39 AM

Apr 2010
Madoka and Black Rock Shooter look nothing alike. Biggest difference is that Black Rock Shooter doesn't have wide faces.

Dec 9, 2011 10:46 PM
Nov 2011
Great i actually like the movies and tv shows ............
Dec 12, 2011 3:10 AM

Apr 2011
It'll start on February and will only have 8 episodes because of this anime.
Dec 13, 2011 7:58 AM

Mar 2008
Silent_Scream said:
It'll start on February and will only have 8 episodes because of this anime.

seriously because of that piece of...?! =_=
why only 8?!! i thought BRS is really popular.. i don't get it why BRS only gets 8(!) (not even 12..) episodes.. and other shows get 24+ and they're like... all the same c_c (*coughs* harem *coughs*)
Dec 27, 2011 6:23 AM
Sep 2011
the ova really dissapointed me they never showed yuu's part only death masters hope this one will impress me :3
Dec 27, 2011 8:34 AM

Apr 2008
I didn't like the OVA. Hopefully this will be better. Will watch this.

Dec 27, 2011 9:24 AM

Dec 2011
If the sales are good for the first season, is there a chance for a second season? or will this just be a once off sort of deal?
Jan 1, 2012 12:11 PM

Dec 2011
I AM SO EXCITED SQUEEEE
With the latest trailer, the wait just got a whole lot harder! 8'D

Hey~ who thinks Mato will play a part in the "black rock shooter" world? I would hate for it to just be a metaphorical world that describes the girl's relationships... |D

On the other hand, Mato DID meet Black Rock Shooter at the end of the OVA- so who knows? :3
Jan 2, 2012 5:48 AM

May 2009
Darn it, I wanted to start off the new year with this :T
<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/angelfire892&sclick=1">
Being sane is over rated :)
Jan 4, 2012 2:48 AM

Nov 2010
I actually liked the OVA; I thought it wasn't bad for an OVA.

This however, having seen the trailer, I am far from sure about. They changed Yomi's appearance and the appearance of Dead Master. Dead Master was my favourite character and now they've stuck a bloomin' vale on her and there's gold and I don't like it. She was the only one they messed with :(.

Not to mention I'm not so sure I like the new crazy character they've added either. We'll see.
Jan 12, 2012 6:09 AM

Jun 2011
link is broken
Jan 12, 2012 7:05 AM

Aug 2011
Ovindel said:

I think so :p
But seriously, I think that most people dislike the new designs because they feel moefied. I (and most of the people here I think) liked the character designs from the OVA, not because they were moe but because they were good. And now they did this to them. Also things like putting glasses on Yomi and changing hair styles make it feel like an entire new cast.
What are you talking about? All the characters were and are lolis. That hasn't changed.
Jan 16, 2012 9:08 PM
Aug 2010
Lol....so many people think the OVA was good and that the OVA was bad! i loved it imo
Jan 26, 2012 12:30 PM

Feb 2011
I just saw that it's going to be only 8 episodes long... I guess that explains why Thermae Romae aired before it, but... only 8, really? I thought 12 was already very short...
Jan 31, 2012 12:52 PM

Jul 2011
morshuwarrior said:
I just saw that it's going to be only 8 episodes long... I guess that explains why Thermae Romae aired before it, but... only 8, really? I thought 12 was already very short...

I still pretty much have no idea what Thermae Romae is. I know, I was pretty hyped for this and turns out it's such a low number of episodes. I would accept 11, but 8 is a biiit...yeah, short.
Jan 31, 2012 8:49 PM

Nov 2011
I think 8 episodes will be more than enough. Considering what the ova is like, I doubt the story of its TV version will be any more complicated. Rather than dragging it on aimlessly. It would be better to get to the point quickly and finish it off on a high note, before we start losing our attentions. Beside, having a short number of episodes means higher production quality, right? They can always do another season or even a movie if they feel like.
frustratedJan 31, 2012 9:00 PM
Feb 1, 2012 6:21 PM

Aug 2011
I don't like the new look of DeadMaster, not because of the OVA but because I read the manga and the one in the OVA is similar to the one in the manga...

I am seriously looking forward to this since I love the story behind the BRS world (those that read the manga too know's what I'm talking about).

Please, don't let it be a disappointment :S

Feb 4, 2012 4:30 AM

Jan 2009
RyanSaotome said:
Madoka and Black Rock Shooter look nothing alike. Biggest difference is that Black Rock Shooter doesn't have wide faces.

I didn't say Black Rock Shooter looked like Madoka. MATO has similarities to Madoka.

And now that the anime has aired, seems like a lot of people are agreeing that BRS has a Madoka vibe, and even comparing the eyes of the new anime to the eyes in Madoka.
Mar 12, 2012 12:33 AM
Aug 2010
So was anyone actually expecting much out of this? I mean the only thing that made people obsessed with Black Rock Shooter was the concept of the character and that was it, which is something that I will never understand. Heck, you don't even have a character concept really, all you had was just how she looks like.

Anyways, that does not translate in anyway to any promise of an actual good plot. The plot seems pretty bad actually, though fanboys of the character might still like it, or bring themselves to like it, and buy the DVD anyways.
Mar 21, 2012 8:32 AM

Sep 2010
Bobjones said:
So was anyone actually expecting much out of this? I mean the only thing that made people obsessed with Black Rock Shooter was the concept of the character and that was it, which is something that I will never understand. Heck, you don't even have a character concept really, all you had was just how she looks like.

Anyways, that does not translate in anyway to any promise of an actual good plot. The plot seems pretty bad actually, though fanboys of the character might still like it, or bring themselves to like it, and buy the DVD anyways.

So just want to let you know I don't really like the OVA and didn't really care that much about the figmas etc....but this series is really good to believe, thanks to the series I finally appreciated Huke's original characters and now I'm collecting their figmas and guess what ~ I also pre-ordered the BD box set.

Talk about expecting nothing on this series ~ just to let you know....

"I expected a few, but the series delivered MORE!!"
Mar 21, 2012 12:30 PM
Jul 2018
Bobjones said:
So was anyone actually expecting much out of this? I mean the only thing that made people obsessed with Black Rock Shooter was the concept of the character and that was it, which is something that I will never understand.

I expected more because the OVA promised more.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

70 by dodoxdo97 »»
3 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Today

3 by Maumuu »»
6 hours ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
9 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.