Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Aug 19, 2011 12:11 PM

May 2010
Another great realistic episode.

I can personally relate to Haruko since it happened many times in our family during my childhood years.

But so much for that memories, everything is very fine in our family now. =)

Daikichi's reaction in the supermarket seeing Kouki's mom was priceless. XD

Reina isn't as bratty as the previous episodes and she's more likeable now.

Only 4 eps left. :(
Aug 19, 2011 12:35 PM

Jan 2011
The scenes with Daikichi and Kouki are hillarious. Nice episode, both sad and funny.
Aug 19, 2011 1:58 PM

Dec 2009
Normally I hate children, but every episode makes me wanna be a parent, but only if its Rin
Love & Piece

Aug 19, 2011 2:31 PM

Aug 2008
Poor Haruko. It's bad enough to be living with your quarrelsome parents-in-law, she also has a negligent husband who doesn't care much about her? She's strong for her child alright.
Aug 19, 2011 3:51 PM
Jul 2011
Good ep, I liked the whole thing with the kids talking about "being single"; Funny bit there.
AND ONLY 4 EPS LEFT??
oh well, then there's room for more anime.
Aug 19, 2011 4:23 PM

May 2011
ShadowGilgamesh said:
-Vid said:
I was really afraid that Haruko and Daikichi might hook up...

i thought the same for like 5 seconds but then i was like "wait, i'm watching usagi drop, they don't pull that shit here :D"

hahahahahahahaha thats funny....read the manga...
Aug 19, 2011 4:34 PM

Jul 2009
That hat in the preview is cute.

BloodReign71 said:
only if its Rin

Fucking truth right here
wheresthehandleAug 19, 2011 4:40 PM
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Aug 19, 2011 4:54 PM
Dec 2007
RinKaga780 said:
ShadowGilgamesh said:
-Vid said:
I was really afraid that Haruko and Daikichi might hook up...

i thought the same for like 5 seconds but then i was like "wait, i'm watching usagi drop, they don't pull that shit here :D"

hahahahahahahaha thats funny....read the manga...
Sometimes I feel like slapping every manga reader who gloats and snicker just because they know what'll happen next.

Aug 19, 2011 9:02 PM

May 2011
This ep had some Especially funny and/or cute scenes in it. UD never fails to please. ^_^

I like Haruko. She was kinda iffy at first (just for being the mother of Reina, who was a pain-in-the-ass brat until now), but now I respect her. She's strong because she knows divorce is a major thing and that she has the choice of sticking with it. Most people claim they have strength, even after giving up, but she's going to endure, even if just for Reina, and that's a major change from her childish days of constantly crying. After seeing Masako, this is a nice change in motherhood.
Aug 19, 2011 10:23 PM

Dec 2010
Nice episode. I hate Kouki though he's so annoying. But he has a good dialogue with Daikichi I'll give him that.

Marriage must be tough. Even tougher when you're living on your own raising a kid.

Aug 19, 2011 10:29 PM

Oct 2010
BloodReign71 said:
Normally I hate children, but every episode makes me wanna be a parent, but only if its Rin
You genetically alter your kid but I think what makes a kid like Rin is the ways of nurture and nature. Those should up to a formula from the individual itself and that means thinking about how to raise a kid in the most positive ways possible. Unfortunately Daikichi's father now cannot give that way to other people watching this show but books IRL may prove to be good.

Anyway, ROFL raising a kid is hard and raising one to be like another kid is harder more so without science.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 20, 2011 6:52 AM

Jan 2009
a5mod said:
Only 4 episodes left T_T

This
Aug 20, 2011 9:24 AM

Feb 2008
wow this episode was heavy. it touched on everything from marriage, divorce, separation, children....you would hardly thing this is a kid show. that is why i like it.
Aug 20, 2011 4:36 PM

Jun 2008
I liked Reina from the beginning: yes, she was a brat, but the people here acted as if she was some kind of demon changeling, jeez. She's just a kid.
She was super cute this episode anyway<3 I felt sorry for her, having to lists to her parents argue all the time-I can relate. Felt bad for Haruko too. ;_; When she said only Reina wasn't her enemy...bawww. Hit me pretty hard.

Daikichi, Rin, Kouki and his mom really look like a family together :')
Aug 21, 2011 12:41 AM

Nov 2007
The mother who suddenly came to Daikichi sometimes sounds like Mizuki Nana...
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 21, 2011 1:06 AM

Sep 2010
This is the kind of stuff I want to see.
Aug 21, 2011 2:15 AM

Apr 2008
Poor Haruko, that is one shitty life she got and no escape either.
Aug 21, 2011 3:38 AM

Aug 2011
I really want a girlfriend for Daikichi, should be interesting
Aug 21, 2011 12:15 PM

Sep 2010
Oh god, how Rin and Reina made fun of them (even though they didn't know) at breakfast made me laugh like I didn't for a while.
Aug 21, 2011 2:14 PM

May 2009
Haruko is only staying married since it seems to be tougher to raise a child alone. That's sad, but reality can be a bitch. But damn, she's strong (I mean physically, but I guess mentally too).
Aug 21, 2011 2:59 PM

Aug 2009
Oh god, this show makes me feel so warm, jittery, fluffy, sad and stuff, it's soooo good ;_;
Aug 21, 2011 6:18 PM
May 2011
I do hope this gets a second season. With the time skip taking start with that season. If not then that's fine.
ban1o.jpg
Aug 21, 2011 10:22 PM

Aug 2011
RyuKirin said:
I do hope this gets a second season. With the time skip taking start with that season. If not then that's fine.

i hope so too
i hate parents quarrel and think that their children dont know about that but actually they do
it makes them more mature though but still it sad

iSignature

"I specialize in reading manga but don't get how to draw manga at all" -Asaba Yuuki-
Aug 23, 2011 9:40 PM

Dec 2006
It would be nice that rin, daikichi, kouki and his mother became a family ~ *0*

just saying... xD

nice episode *0* rin and reina are soo cute :3 they make me want a daughter <3
I want the next episode noww >.<
Aug 24, 2011 9:40 AM

Nov 2007
if there is a time skip yeah I'd like to see it next season

this is just pretty much parenthood the anime almost. it's so realistic. for some reason I thought Haruko was his sister for a while. cousin I guess. seems she needs a divorce but won't do it..... won't get better. the end seemed pretty real too with Daikichi and Kouki standing around looking bored while the girls looked at clothes.
Aug 25, 2011 7:57 AM

Sep 2008
Kouki is such a cool kid. So rare to see children in anime not being annoying.
Aug 25, 2011 9:47 PM

Jan 2011
kisami said:
wow this episode was heavy. it touched on everything from marriage, divorce, separation, children....you would hardly thing this is a kid
show. that is why i like it.

I think this is really a josei anime (targeted at adult women) rather than a younger demographic. Note the utter absence of fan service and the focus on real relationships.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Aug 26, 2011 7:49 PM

Sep 2008
That morning breakfast conversation.
Aug 26, 2011 9:09 PM

Oct 2009
Geez, can it get any better?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 29, 2011 11:54 PM

May 2008
At the end, what Kouki was drinking...

PANTA!
Aug 31, 2011 11:54 PM
Feb 2009
So easy to get married but so hard to keep it up..
Sep 5, 2011 2:16 AM

Aug 2010
I thought it would cheer me up after watching some...not so happy anime, but instead I got the story of a woman whose life went downhill and she will have a hard life. It was still good though, just not what I expected today. 4/5.
Sep 8, 2011 5:27 AM

Mar 2011
That was an amazing episode.
Sep 11, 2011 9:53 PM

Apr 2011
Nice as usual.
Apologies, I just can't avoid to rant.
Sep 21, 2011 3:22 AM

Sep 2008
Hoppy said:
Very cute episode, Reina is no longer annoying either.

It seems like Rin brings out the best in everyone. Kouki is less of a brat when he's with Rin, too - or it at least seems that way.

I really love watching all the character interactions in this series... All of the characters' relationships with each other are so wonderful. Rin and Kouki, Rin and Reina, Daikichi and Haruko, Daikichi and Kouki's mother, Daikichi and Kouki... and of course Daikichi and Rin. :) It's fun watching how they all get along in their own ways.

In that ending part, that foursome - Daikichi, Rin, Kouki and his mother - definitely seemed like just one family. You can tell Kouki's mom probably wanted to have a girl as one of her children. :P
Nov 3, 2011 12:39 PM

Feb 2009
I've seen great comments in this boards while skimming though Usagi Drop episodes, but I've also seen a lot of one of the things I hate the most about humans. How easy and promptly it is for people to judge others. It's been a constant, mostly for Reina (a kid for god's sake) and Rin's mother. Passing judgement is easy, especially without knowing any circumstance behind people's bad choices or behaviors.

This episode shows things are pretty harsh for Reina and Haruko. Sometimes people tend to forget there are 2 realities, the one you show to others and to society and yours, the private one. Society can be a bitch, sometimes I think it's the worst invention of men.

Anyway, I'm really loving this series, it has so much heart and at the same so much truth it's amazing. I'm not sure what they are planning to do with Rin and Daikichi till the end, but I'm looking at a possible 10. A perfect score for a perfect series.
VeethornDec 5, 2011 7:33 AM
Nov 18, 2011 9:49 AM

Jul 2010
I used to always like Reina, I mean she's just a little girl and all of them act like that (exception being Rin xD). This episode just confirmed that's she's awesome too. Kouki too! :3

Didn't find the episode that interesting, but it was sweet. I feel bad for Haruko because she has a husband that's not as sacrificing as Daikichi.. :(

I liked the outset of the episode though. It really looked at divorce in a realistic way. I'm happy that Haruko is sticking with her marriage. If she and her husband get through this, they'll become a lot closer. Unless someone is abusing you or is completely disrespecting you, I think divorce is unnecessary. Marriage is all about overcoming your differences and problems. When you do, you'll have such a close bond and love each other even more. That's what it means when people who have been married say they grow more in love every year. This is my opinion, and maybe it's too optimistic, but this is how I believe every marriage can be with effort.

Fleiya said:
So easy to get married but so hard to keep it up..

So true. :)
fishergirl16Nov 18, 2011 9:59 AM
Dec 11, 2011 1:09 AM

Sep 2011
The kids owned the adults hard... LOL
Jan 7, 2012 8:26 AM

May 2009
The final scene was lovely :)

Sometimes I can hear my bones straining under the weight of all the lives I'm not living.

Jan 29, 2012 3:18 PM
Nov 2011
I get the feeling that Reina doesn't see her dad much, and was acting out earlier in the series due to lack of attention.
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Feb 1, 2012 9:41 AM

Nov 2008
Hmm im wondering what are the chances of Daikichi being together with Kouki's mum. Anyway this episode made me think about lots of things. Marriage, Divorce, Growing up. I guess it's still best being young.
Feb 3, 2012 9:02 PM
Jul 2011
Damn - Japanese culture and me clashed again :-/

So they agreed on her just bottling up all of her problems and continuing a failed marriage. Okay, I guess that's still a societal problem in Japan. Women in Germany were also pretty much trapped in marriages until a few decades ago (and some even today) because they were nothing but housewives and people hated single mothers. But I'm quite frankly appalled that Haruko's decision is apparently self-evident in Japan even in 2011. Well, let's just hope that Reina will be able to form healthy relationships after growing up with role models like those two.

And then, while I'm still in the process of getting myself to tolerate it (it's truth in television after all), her husband appears on screen and apologizes for "his wife causing so much trouble". Ohhh, the hate...

So now Haruko will waste years of her precious life on forcing herself to be with a guy she doesn't get along with, Reina will get a bad impression on what marriage is like, and Haruko's husband apparently won't waste a single second thinking about what he might do differently. Sounds fair...

Well, looks like they hit my berserk button this time. I'm not sure what this means for the anime/manga, because I can't blame them for showing the ugly truth. I'll just calm down for now and hope that the last four episodes will offend me as little as the first six.
Feb 27, 2012 3:55 AM

Jun 2011
i fell in love with this anime after this episode
Aug 10, 2012 9:34 AM
Mar 2008
Soshintsu said:
Damn - Japanese culture and me clashed again :-/

So they agreed on her just bottling up all of her problems and continuing a failed marriage. Okay, I guess that's still a societal problem in Japan. Women in Germany were also pretty much trapped in marriages until a few decades ago (and some even today) because they were nothing but housewives and people hated single mothers. But I'm quite frankly appalled that Haruko's decision is apparently self-evident in Japan even in 2011. Well, let's just hope that Reina will be able to form healthy relationships after growing up with role models like those two.

And then, while I'm still in the process of getting myself to tolerate it (it's truth in television after all), her husband appears on screen and apologizes for "his wife causing so much trouble". Ohhh, the hate...

So now Haruko will waste years of her precious life on forcing herself to be with a guy she doesn't get along with, Reina will get a bad impression on what marriage is like, and Haruko's husband apparently won't waste a single second thinking about what he might do differently. Sounds fair...

Well, looks like they hit my berserk button this time. I'm not sure what this means for the anime/manga, because I can't blame them for showing the ugly truth. I'll just calm down for now and hope that the last four episodes will offend me as little as the first six.

I completely agree, it's really hard to watch this woman's issues treated so flippantly.

I can't believe no one has said this yet .. Haruko is obviously being cheated on. Overtime, overtime, overtime, and the being able to come pick them up earlier than he usually gets home? Yeah, no. I think that's what makes me the saddest. I've become hypersensitive to the idea of cheating ever since I was first cheated on, and that lack of respect just breaks my heart.
Sep 27, 2012 5:40 PM

Nov 2011
And that is why getting married sucks! D=

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Oct 19, 2012 5:04 AM

Feb 2011
Haruko sure was cute :'D
Dec 1, 2012 3:57 PM

May 2012
Just a sweet and nice story in this episode, I found the mall scene quite funny when he was stressed to see Yukari :p

Great episode the outro was also quite interesting!
Jan 15, 2013 11:15 AM

Jan 2012
Reina and Rin living together was a very cute combo. Also it was nice to learn a bit about Haruka. Great episode once again.

Jan 21, 2013 3:12 PM

Sep 2011
Didn't expect an episode dealing with Haruko, but it was pretty nice. Even though Reina could never ever reach Rin's cuteness, they were cute together. Kouki is also funny, especially his comments and comebacks directed at Daikichi :)
I'm glad though that Haruko's problem got solved. I just somehow didn't really want them to stay there. I'm happy with just the two of them (Rin and Daikichi).
Jun 2, 2013 10:27 PM
Jan 2013
Rin is so cute and funny.
I'm still not keen on Reina.
Your mean should be an even bell curve only if you watch every show that comes out. Having a high-slung mean doesn't mean you're rating improperly. It can also mean you're selecting shows well to watch mostly things you enjoy.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Usagi Drop Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 15, 2011

394 by gswelcome »»
Apr 8, 3:44 PM

» imagine

removed-user - Apr 3

10 by gswelcome »»
Apr 8, 3:40 PM

» Knowing the manga ending ruined how I see this anime as a whole.

go1d1eaf - Oct 26, 2021

37 by gswelcome »»
Apr 8, 3:38 PM

Poll: » Usagi Drop Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jul 7, 2011

365 by astroreload »»
Jan 21, 4:11 AM

Poll: » Usagi Drop Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

HawthorneKitty - Jul 21, 2011

174 by astroreload »»
Dec 27, 2023 10:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.