MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

(BUG) Unable to upload new character pictures.
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Support »» (BUG) Unable to upload new character pictures.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
08-18-11, 1:41 AM

When I try to add a new picture to a character, this comes out:

Unable to upload new resized image (/app/shared/docroots/myanimelist.net/images/temp/c1313656650.jpg), try again or contact Xinil.
Problem uploading picture, this is an invalid image. We suggest resaving the image in a different format and re-uploading.

I already tried re-saving and re-upload image in all the possible different formats.
Apologies, I just can't avoid to rant.

08-18-11, 3:25 AM

Webserver bug, most likely. Usually I only get this error when I try to upload JPEGs as GIF or something like that but I'm pretty sure that's not the case here. It should go away soon.

08-18-11, 11:04 AM

I see, this has been happening to me for like 2 days. For some odd reason I can upload pictures to People.

08-18-11, 11:23 AM

yeah,i've noticed this but also..can also upload series images just fine as well so seems to be only characters for some strange reason

08-18-11, 2:54 PM

I've been having these issues as well. I upload images all the time so I was a bit surprised that I couldn't upload images for the two days straight. Today is the 3rd day that I'm unable to do so.

08-19-11, 12:15 PM

The problem still insists T_T

08-20-11, 9:35 AM

Same here.
Manga...manga...m a n g a...degrading, violent, not even a speck of reality, rearing up today's perverts, partially responsible for today's teenage criminals...the epitome of evil! The trickery of the little *********! - Akiha Tohno

08-20-11, 4:58 PM

Umm, it's not possible that just a few of us here are having the problem? Don't tell me that only a few of us actually upload images?

Anyway, hope someone is addressing this issue...

08-20-11, 5:01 PM

Crimson_Cloud said:
Umm, it's not possible that just a few of us here are having the problem? Don't tell me that only a few of us actually upload images?

Anyway, hope someone is addressing this issue...

i'm sure others around the site do as well..like i usually don't ever upload character pics really..i do occasionally do for anime series though lol(only if i stumble across a good character pic in the meantime do i upload those or if i so happen to be watching something that all have mini pics lol)

08-22-11, 1:52 PM

Going for a week tomorrow D:

08-22-11, 3:39 PM

I'm having a similar problem with profile and avatar pictures. It won't change either of them, and I doubt signature's either. It seems the issue is not limited to just character pictures.
If you take anything on the internet seriously, you're doing it wrong. - Ignorance is not bliss; ignorance is getting laughed at by those of higher intelligence than you.

08-22-11, 7:46 PM

Zeream said:
I'm having a similar problem with profile and avatar pictures. It won't change either of them, and I doubt signature's either. It seems the issue is not limited to just character pictures.

thats just the typical bug..i changed my profile pic just yesterday and got updated today so think if its much longer then that its on your end.

08-23-11, 7:52 AM
Forum Moderator
Zeream's issue is just cdn lag, which has been a long-standing issue and is not directly related to this.
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=76425

I do see new character pictures being submitted, so I assumed this issue was resolved already. Character images do get reviewed first by database moderators so it's likely the image simply hasn't been approved yet, or was denied. If you submitted something around the 20th there's a possibility it got lost during the maintenance, and there was indeed some uploading trouble then.... but it should be fixed already.

08-23-11, 4:03 PM

nope not resolved. still getting

comes up regardless of what gets done..

08-23-11, 11:39 PM

RyokoAyekaLover said:
nope not resolved. still getting

comes up regardless of what gets done..
Exactly, I'm still having that too. In other words the picture doesn't even get to be submitted.

08-24-11, 5:14 AM

saka said:
I do see new character pictures being submitted, so I assumed this issue was resolved already. Character images do get reviewed first by database moderators so it's likely the image simply hasn't been approved yet, or was denied. If you submitted something around the 20th there's a possibility it got lost during the maintenance, and there was indeed some uploading trouble then.... but it should be fixed already.

Didn't you see the date of the topic? It started from that time and it's still ongoing. So it's nether the 20th maintenance nor the pending approval. I tried various formats, lowering kbs as well but nothing seems to work.

08-24-11, 3:34 PM
Site Administrator
This should now be fixed, thanks for the report.

08-24-11, 10:04 PM

yep,works perfectly for me again ^^.thanks

08-25-11, 12:49 AM

Working perfectly and back to business, thanks.

08-25-11, 7:13 AM

Yup, it works now. Thanks. Time to upload some thingies :P

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices