Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Aug 17, 2011 12:04 AM

Jul 2010
Excellent episode.

Lol I re-watched the first episode and it just perfectly makes sense. Even the title of the first episode was a foreshadowing..."Prologue of the Beginning and the End".

Now, I'm just looking forward to how the ending plays out. The ending will say whether this anime is a 9/10 or 10/10 in my book.
Aug 17, 2011 12:07 AM

Jan 2009
I just re watched the 1st episode after watching the last one and after reading all this thread, and i even a little more confused.

As i see, the 1st episode it could be also the 23 or 22, still being in the Beta line of events, meaning that the death of Kurisu is needed to ironically stop her dead and her original death not being part of the Alpha time line.

But maybe im just to tired to think but right now that seems like a very possible way to Okarin actually saving both of his friend and stopping the dystopia to happend.

btw

saka said:
I think Mayushi is still hiding something and will end up being the sacrifice anyway. It will have something to do with her habit of reaching for the light (futuristic time travel?) and younger Okarin's decision to stop her from leaving. There are still dark plot twists buried in there.... maybe she'll go back to the future or something. *cue theme music*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTGyeGgMpk8

~There's no time to lose!!~
Signature removed. Please check your private messages.
Aug 17, 2011 12:54 AM

Jan 2009
It's painful to come in here and not be able tell some people they are wrong XD

kaimax said:
darkziosj said:
kaimax said:

Omitted stuff

wow they omitted that? that sucks, i hope they somehow fit it in the next episode

They won't, trying to forcefully insert that in the next chapter is just "pushing it".
and if you think bit, the "omitted scenes" doesn't really affect the main story at all. It just complicated things and just trivial knowledge since they never made any kind of closure with that "sub-plot" in the VN.

Basically it's a sub-plot, and the anime didn't need it. Another reason to play the VN

It kinda does, since it explains why Suzuha said Okarin was assassinated in 2035. They should have left that part of the conversation out if they weren't going to follow through with WHY he was assassinated in the future.

Aug 17, 2011 1:05 AM

Aug 2010
Oh, my God...it seems that you have lost Okabe. Someone has to die. Well, four more episodes to go, I REALLY wonder what will happen. I would love a happy ending, but I'm not sure we can get one. Here's hoping for the best.

5/5.
Aug 17, 2011 1:15 AM

Jul 2010
Aug 17, 2011 1:20 AM
Jun 2010
I rewatechd first episode and got lots of questions, for instance:

1 - If John Titor time travelled to the year of 2010 (and only to that time) that we could even see the time machine landing on the rooftop, how everyone knew about him in the year of 2000?

Then I just started reading the novelty, and it makes sense now (there is an explanation). It seens that the anime forgot to explain this and other stuff. I recommend everyone to read it.
Aug 17, 2011 1:41 AM

Jul 2010
Well, I'm guessing there is no more "obstacles" now to shift from alpha to beta line.

The only problem now for Kyouma, is to choose between Kurisu or Mayuri.

Here are the interesting choices that Kyouma can make (theorized by a blogger in RC):

1. He restores things to the original timeline and Kurisu dies
2. He finds a way to create a “C” timeline where neither Kurisu or Mayushi dies
3. He finds a way, but only at the expense of sacrificing himself
4. Kurisu, understanding the situaion (perhaps despite Okarin trying to prevent her from doing so) forces the shift back to the original timeline, sacrificing herself for Maysuhi and Okarin’s sake

Well guys. what do you think?

Aug 17, 2011 1:58 AM

Jan 2010
I'm gonna post this as a question... Does anyone know if the reason why we can't see Kurisu's face on Episode 1, when she's lying dead, is due to censoring of the graphic violence or because we are not supposed to see who it is.

"Seize the time, Meribor - live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again." - Captain Jean-Luc Picard.
Aug 17, 2011 2:12 AM

Jun 2011
chococya96 said:
Well, I'm guessing there is no more "obstacles" now to shift from alpha to beta line.

The only problem now for Kyouma, is to choose between Kurisu or Mayuri.

Here are the interesting choices that Kyouma can make (theorized by a blogger in RC):

1. He restores things to the original timeline and Kurisu dies
2. He finds a way to create a “C” timeline where neither Kurisu or Mayushi dies
3. He finds a way, but only at the expense of sacrificing himself
4. Kurisu, understanding the situaion (perhaps despite Okarin trying to prevent her from doing so) forces the shift back to the original timeline, sacrificing herself for Maysuhi and Okarin’s sake

Well guys. what do you think?

1. The most logical one. We will definitely return to ep1, where all begins.
2. There's already a Gamma Worldline for the drama CDs.
3. Okabe won't be able to observe the outcome if he's dead.
4. It's the same as option 1.

Archie74 said:
I'm gonna post this as a question... Does anyone know if the reason why we can't see Kurisu's face on Episode 1, when she's lying dead, is due to censoring of the graphic violence or because we are not supposed to see who it is.

It's definitely Kurisu. But I understand what you observed. Food for thought.

I just hate Hanada Jukki. I was already pissed off by his poor execution of Mayuri's 1st death and Okabe's 1st timeleap. He tends to keep those unnecessary scenes and cuts those relevant ones. Yuugo was originally intended to

This is the most disappointed epidsode so far if you knew the original plot. I have a BAD feeling that Hanada will screw up the finale... =[
KansokushaAug 17, 2011 2:31 AM
Aug 17, 2011 2:24 AM

Oct 2010
Comparing versions of Moeka’s death as follows,

And the one from the VN in the spoiler
I would have to say the VN one looks better.

Makise blush!

That was cutest part in the episode and you can so see in the spoiler
Okabe+Dr. Pepper x Makise+Dr. Pepper = nice couple. Right?
Archie74 said:

Well if it helps I got the BD version in the spoiler

and it show that Makise's face is more shadowed. It still does not matter because Okabe knows it's her. It's just a way of foreshadow and since my source is BD that's how it is. Therefore no censors.

You got to admit though it's so orgasmic to see that the BDs bring JUSTICE to this series. All is much more sharper and better.

A comparing of TV VS BD with TV being the first pic in the spoiler
What do you say to that!
Yumekichi11Aug 17, 2011 2:39 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 17, 2011 3:38 AM

Nov 2010
i have no words for this ...
Aug 17, 2011 3:42 AM
Jun 2008
During the last episode, I felt a bit awkward when they didn't show the foreshadow of it
Anyway,I don't really care about the "omitted stuff", I think that part is a bit illogical(due to the high requirement of that timeleap machine) the moment when I play. It give me the " huh, wat? "feeling .Those who play the VN should know this better than me...

Yumekichi11 said:
Okabe+Dr. Pepper x Makise+Dr. Pepper = nice couple. Right?
I can't believe Makise has fallen into the hand of Dr.Pepper. lol

there are too much Okarin x Kurisi and too little Okarin x Mayushii .I somehow felt sorry for Mayushii T.T
Kansokusha said:
This is the most disappointed epidsode so far if you knew the original plot. I have a BAD feeling that Hanada will screw up the finale... =[
Cross your finger and hope they manage to get into the true end within 4 episode . =P
Aug 17, 2011 3:55 AM

Oct 2010
MorningGlory said:
Kansokusha said:
Cross your finger and hope they manage to get into the true end within 4 episode . =P
Does that mean Mayushii and Makise alive?

Aug 17, 2011 4:14 AM
Jun 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
MorningGlory said:
Kansokusha said:
Aug 17, 2011 4:27 AM

Mar 2009
Must...resist urge to click spoiler tag!

Great series so far though, best of the season :D
Aug 17, 2011 4:36 AM

Feb 2010
This was interesting.I didn't expect that.
Only 4 eps left . Need more x_x
Aug 17, 2011 5:04 AM
Jun 2010
I just read the story from wikipedia... I don't think that all the things that happened on the game can be resumed in just 4 episodes. Urging to see next episode.
Aug 17, 2011 5:10 AM

Jun 2011
Yumekichi11 said:

It's not only visually better, it's way more emotional.

Moeka apologizes again and again and again in tears until she passes away, despite Okabe said he has already forgiven her. I bet Okabe cried too. ='(

MorningGlory said:
Yumekichi11 said:
MorningGlory said:
Kansokusha said:

Chiyomaru said

Seriously, I won't forgive Hanada if he continues to stain the original scripts of Hayashi-sensei. Don't you dare to make it into another Chaos;Head adaptation. >= [

rodrigojager said:
I just read the story from wikipedia... I don't think that all the things that happened on the game can be resumed in just 4 episodes. Urging to see next episode.

LOL you spoiled yourself?
Aug 17, 2011 5:22 AM

Jun 2008
well, to me the only way possible to save Kurisu, might be Okarin to let her die and then go further into the past again and maybe try to save her... just like he has been doing with Mayuri.
or maybe, the scream we heard on episode one if it was really from Okarin, then there might be a chance that it was Okarin from the future?

i dunno why but im expecting a similar end to the movie "the butterfly effect" LOOOL.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Aug 17, 2011 5:23 AM

Feb 2008
Never thought FB was so close to the crew. And another (not so shocking) plot twist emerged. I wonder how is Okabe going to solve this...
Aug 17, 2011 5:36 AM
Jun 2010
Kansokusha said:
LOL you spoiled yourself?

Yeah, I am very curious that I can't handle myself... Also I've just read all mangas, and read the story of the game on wikipedia, and now I'm going to watch/play the visual novel...
rodrigojagerAug 17, 2011 5:40 AM
Aug 17, 2011 5:47 AM
Jun 2008
The Anime just trying to shrink the story to fit inside 24episode.Nae's scene is just part of the sub plot just like how they cut the scene of 4°C.

Having Moeka and Mr.brown die in front of Okabe is enough mental damage for Okabe already.
Its quite weird that why Okarin vomit when both die. I thought Okarin witness the death of Mayuri for more than 100times.He should have get used to the sight of death.

Well , I am surprise I saw many msg in forum, people(non- VN player) saying that they wanted to play the VN to find out what with "the missing Nae scene".
MorningGloryAug 17, 2011 5:56 AM
Aug 17, 2011 6:13 AM

Jan 2009
Orulyon said:
i dunno why but im expecting a similar end to the movie "the butterfly effect" LOOOL.

I was thinking exactly the same thing xD
Signature removed. Please check your private messages.
Aug 17, 2011 7:54 AM
Jun 2011
RealScreamer said:
And the twists keep coming...

He finally realizes Kurisu's death will have to be dealt with aswell...

After watching this episode, I'm doubting every character besides Mayuri, Rumiho & Ruka... Yes even Okabe - He's probably my favorite character for this entire year so far. But - I went back to re-watch the first episode to get any clues & during Kurisu getting stabbed scene, the yell is extremely similar to Okabe's voice...

Wait....You're right. Another very important piece of information is that she said he tried to tell her something 15 minutes ago and that he really looked worried. If he looked worried then he was aware Makise was about to die. !_! Could it be that Okarin finally managed to physically time travel? That would mean that the male scream was Future Okarin perhaps trying to save her?

Another important thing might be the disappearance of the Metal Oppa and his phone sihning brightly like when the phone microwave is on just before Mayuri finds him telling the Metal Oppa is missing.

If d-mail only changes the world line but doesn't allow you to go back and change things then that would mean he would have to either time leap (but that doesn't explains him not remembering trying to warn makise 15 minutes ago unless his reading steiner failed as Suzuha's memory failed when she time travelled).

The other option that I considered which makes sense with the male voice is that Okarin finally found a way to physically travel back in time but moves silently trying to not meet himself evading a paradox. He could warn Makise 15 minutes before that he needs to tell her something with his extremely worried face but then is forced to run away or hide. The past Okarin would have no recollection of this conversation. But does that mean that he also stole the Metal Oppa? How did he not get turned into jelly? Then he probably tries to save Makise and fails and when he hears his past self coming he quickly hides. That would explain the odd sounds past Okarin heard.
Aug 17, 2011 7:54 AM

Jan 2011
Man, if I'm a girl, I'd fall for Okabe.
After finishing this series, I'd definitely try the VN.
Aug 17, 2011 7:59 AM

Jun 2011
MorningGlory said:
The Anime just trying to shrink the story to fit inside 24episode.Nae's scene is just part of the sub plot just like how they cut the scene of 4°C.

Having Moeka and Mr.brown die in front of Okabe is enough mental damage for Okabe already.
Its quite weird that why Okarin vomit when both die. I thought Okarin witness the death of Mayuri for more than 100times.He should have get used to the sight of death.

Well , I am surprise I saw many msg in forum, people(non- VN player) saying that they wanted to play the VN to find out what with "the missing Nae scene".

Hanada Jukki officially killed 4°C, Yuugo and Nae.

The whole shooting scene wasn't a mental blow. Okabe was merely shocked. And Yuugo shot Moeka like he's killing a cattle. Crap. It's nothing compared to the original plot. The reflection of Okabe's guilt. The tragic atmosphere. The burning hatred. Salvation. It was a mental blow to us VN reader, not Okabe. I still couldn't calm down from this mess. Screw you, Hanada Bastard Jukki. Play the VN before you write ur freaking scripts.
Aug 17, 2011 8:36 AM
Nov 2010
how the heck did Kuriso know she was stabbed in the other timeline? it really surpised me when she mentioned that, i think she's plotting something.
Aug 17, 2011 8:41 AM

Apr 2010
Or he probably explained it to her, which would be surprising since he would've realized that she dies in the beta worldline before.
Aug 17, 2011 8:44 AM

Feb 2011
Kurisu only knows what Okabe told her, and when Okabe encountered Kurisu in the second episode, he mentioned her being stabbed.
Aug 17, 2011 8:58 AM

Dec 2010
Once again Okabe shows his lack of thought. :(

Well I guess I can forgive him a little after seeing what happened to Mayuri.
Aug 17, 2011 9:05 AM
Nov 2010
RedMage23 said:
Kurisu only knows what Okabe told her, and when Okabe encountered Kurisu in the second episode, he mentioned her being stabbed.

Right! i forgot about that.
Aug 17, 2011 9:51 AM

Nov 2009
Okabe's realization was like something out of a horror movie. It sent shivers down my spine! Brrrr
Aug 17, 2011 10:01 AM

Aug 2010
oh my god biggest plot twist ever O_O
when he took out that gun i was like naw he wont do it *bam* O____O;
yea my mouth was opened that whole scene
quite epic, i wonder how this will end ._.; please for my and every supporter of okabe x kurisu out there, LET SHE LIVE DX (and itd be even better if mayuri also survives though lulz)
when kurisu herself mentioned getting stabbed, i instinctively thought "i knew it, i freaking knew it" and okabe's face was just as dramatic
Aug 17, 2011 10:31 AM

Jun 2011
I...Love....This....SHOW!!!!!
Aug 17, 2011 10:40 AM

Nov 2010
Epic episode as always.
I was suprised that Mr Brown is FB and how he shoot himself and Moeka O_O

Finally Okabe realized that the last d-mail has to do with Kurisu's death ... I hope that she can survive T_T
Damn that anime surprised me more and more I wonder how it will end.
Aug 17, 2011 10:41 AM

May 2010
I didn't see that Mr Braun is FB but at least Moeka is saved, but now the problem is the first D-mail which I totally forgot, Okabe please found a way to save both Mayushii and Makise !! >_<
Aug 17, 2011 10:55 AM

Nov 2010
Argh... only 4 eps left. Shit!!!can't wait for next ep. I guess no other series could replace Steins;Gate when it comes to the end. Jeez, and I wonder how Kurise's gonna give him her approval to undo the last 2 messeges. I'm sure Okabe will delete the SERN's detabase to avoid there overtaking the country, so I bet Kurise's death is certain at the end of the series.
Aug 17, 2011 11:32 AM
Jun 2010
Anyone thinks I can find a translated Steins Gate visual novel? Every place I look for, I only see work in progress =(
Aug 17, 2011 12:34 PM
Jun 2011
I was just rewatched the first conversation between Kurisu and Okabe, what she was trying to ask him before now makes total sense! She was talking about a worried Okabe trying to tell her something, but yet the current Okabe knows nothing of it what do you guys think of it? I don't think it's just a coincidence
Aug 17, 2011 12:38 PM

Oct 2010
kaimax said:
so if anyone's wondering
WALL OF SPOILER for the omitted scenes. Read on your own violation.
I bolded the omitted parts
ARE YOU SHITTING ME!? The bolded part with Nae really happens?
For about 5 minutes I had my jaw open and gagging!

That Nae part is sooooo deep. So crazy! They will not put it? Well I will put it! In the spoiler
I demand a alternative edition of this part into this episode. They can fucking do it in 5 minutes extra or less. So come on, do it the BD version. It could be good.
Kansokusha said:
Yumekichi11 said:

It's not only visually better, it's way more emotional.

I though it was more shot, the knife was used to Okabe.
Kansokusha said:
Chiyomaru said

Seriously, I won't forgive Hanada if he continues to stain the original scripts of Hayashi-sensei. Don't you dare to make it into another Chaos;Head adaptation. >= [
WTF is up with the conversation of Hanada/Hayashi-sensei who are these people and why would Hanada of all people fuck up the script. I thank him for not being as graphical as Kamisama Dolls was, that fucked up my day yesterday. T_T
Yumekichi11Aug 17, 2011 12:45 PM

Aug 17, 2011 1:47 PM

May 2008
I believe those can still be spoilers at this point in the story.... I will grudgingly allow them, but that route isn't entirely destroyed. You can always talk about the abridged parts after the series is over.

I am a banana.
Aug 17, 2011 2:02 PM
Jun 2010
This cannot be spoilers anymore, becouse Okarin leaved that timeline and know everything he needed from FB x_x
Sad but true
Aug 17, 2011 2:07 PM

Aug 2010
Reactions of this episode:

FB was Mister Braun: Surprising, but not shocking.

Moeka dies: Well, I pretty much saw that coming because of this whole if you die no matter how the time line changes thing.

Braun committed suicide: I witnessed the VN picture in the past, so it was not unexpected. But I did go "Oh c'mon Braun! First Moeka and now yourself!?"

Nae's murder intentions mentioned by kaimax and Yumekichi11: Incredibly horrified by the sheer thought. Even if there is a good explanation behind it, it still freaks me out. I'm glad the did not show it, because I don't want to be School Days traumatized.

The Kurisu or Mayuri point: So I wasn't wrong. I thought of it ever since he erased the first D-Mail. Although, I didn't think he would realize it until it happened again. When he figured it out, "You are in deep shit know, Okabe" was the first thought in my mind.

Now I am completely sure that this is not going to end in a positive way.
Aug 17, 2011 2:35 PM

Oct 2010
saka said:
I believe those can still be spoilers at this point in the story.... I will grudgingly allow them, but that route isn't entirely destroyed. You can always talk about the abridged parts after the series is over.
OK but Moeka's route is gone with this episode so I suppose it's OK as long as it is in spoiler and indicated it's a spoiler.

I would be totally surprised if they make Nae come out suddenly.

Aug 17, 2011 2:38 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Wow, I am most shocked about how good this anime is. I didn't have the highest expectations, but I've always been interested in time travel fiction. This anime blew my expectations out of the water. Unless there is some sort of major letdown/meltdown in the remaining episodes, this anime is going to be getting a 10 for sure!
Aug 17, 2011 3:02 PM

Nov 2010
sooooo good
Aug 17, 2011 3:46 PM

Dec 2010
Damn, Mr. Braun had like no reaction to anything. I was really looking forward to the part where Okarin would tell Mr. Braun that Suzu was actually Suzuha Hashida - the woman that took care of him when he was a young boy. Too bad it didn't show.

Well, shit. Okarin has the IBN1500 to help him get back to the world line where everything is perfect...except for the fact Kurisu dies. Now it's a decision he has to make: Save Mayuri or save Kurisu. Dun dun dun...

Yumekichi11 said:

I would be totally surprised if they make Nae come out suddenly.

I'm hoping they show Nae's part so bad. If they don't, I'll be sad.

rodrigojager said:
Anyone thinks I can find a translated Steins Gate visual novel? Every place I look for, I only see work in progress =(

There isn't any out right now. Currently, it's being translated by a group at #VNTP on Rizon Servers. It should be finished before the end of this year. So just wait patiently :)

Looking forward to the next episode.
RezurrektAug 17, 2011 3:49 PM

Aug 17, 2011 4:10 PM

Mar 2008
Quite disappointed that they left out the Nae bit...that was the real good stuff >.<
Now they made her look like an innocent girl only...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 17, 2011 4:20 PM

May 2008
I think it's still possible that Nae will hold Okabe responsible for this whole mess and come back near the end.

I am a banana.
Aug 17, 2011 4:22 PM

Nov 2010
Maybe psychotic loli is too much for tv adaptation and 24 episodes. If white fox is smart,maybe they can make an OVA for that thing alone.

Doesn't that sounds good?Since there will be more blood available to see
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

saxophone15 - Apr 26, 2011

241 by GatchiShoppo »»
Apr 20, 4:33 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

804 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Apr 18, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Apr 3, 2011

550 by Dyphz »»
Apr 17, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1825 by fentphantom »»
Apr 12, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - May 17, 2011

309 by DmtTrean »»
Apr 9, 12:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.