Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 16, 2011 12:09 PM

Apr 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ooooh damn! What's Okabe gonna do?! I completely forgot Kurisu dies before everything happens. Shit just got more real.
"If you're not prepared to be wrong, you'll never come up with anything original." - Sir Ken Robinson
Aug 16, 2011 12:16 PM

Nov 2009
It's obvious now. Everything will end the way it started!

;_;
Aug 16, 2011 12:18 PM

Nov 2007
I feel like I should have seen it coming that Mr Braun was FB but wow....he was a SERN rat all along? makes sense it would be someone that close that they wouldn't suspect.

oh man seeing Moeka die now and not being able to do anything, Kyouma has seen so much and he's the only one that remembers it, that has to be hard on him.

and now what people expected, to fix the timeline and save Mayuri he has to. ... let Makise die. somehow I don't think he'll be okay with this. Ferris and her father, Rukako's feelings, and Moeka being used won't effect him like this...
Aug 16, 2011 12:18 PM

Aug 2009
bakuramariks said:

;_;

No, that can't be! There has to be a world where both Kurisu and Mayushii survive, and where SERN doesn't create a dystopia. There has to. ;_;

Anyway, another great suspenseful episode. Mr. Braun being FB was quite the surprise for me, and my mouth was open all the fucking time when he shot Moeka and himself.
I'm glad that they retrieved the IBN 5100, but Kurisu. ;_____;
Aug 16, 2011 12:21 PM

Oct 2010
mystik said:
I feel like I should have seen it coming that Mr Braun was FB but wow....he was a SERN rat all along? makes sense it would be someone that close that they wouldn't suspect.
AND NOW all know FB! Amazing for a spy.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 16, 2011 12:22 PM
Apr 2011
What a twist!
I forgot about the first D-mail, and Mr. Braun is a genius.
What's going to happen now?
Aug 16, 2011 12:31 PM

May 2010
And the twists keep coming...

He finally realizes Kurisu's death will have to be dealt with aswell...

After watching this episode, I'm doubting every character besides Mayuri, Rumiho & Ruka... Yes even Okabe - He's probably my favorite character for this entire year so far. But - I went back to re-watch the first episode to get any clues & during Kurisu getting stabbed scene, the yell is extremely similar to Okabe's voice...
Aug 16, 2011 12:34 PM

Apr 2011
RealScreamer said:
And the twists keep coming...

He finally realizes Kurisu's death will have to be dealt with aswell...

After watching this episode, I'm doubting every character besides Mayuri, Rumiho & Ruka... Yes even Okabe - He's probably my favorite character for this entire year so far. But - I went back to re-watch the first episode to get any clues & during Kurisu getting stabbed scene, the yell is extremely similar to Okabe's voice...

Hmmm... interesting find.
"If you're not prepared to be wrong, you'll never come up with anything original." - Sir Ken Robinson
Aug 16, 2011 12:37 PM

Nov 2009
It was obvious that yell was his. There's no way they'll use the same voice actor to voice another person. No way. I was thinking this since the first time the anime aired. I am absolutely certain. But we can always doubt...

(the F is going on?! o.O)
Aug 16, 2011 12:41 PM

Apr 2010
.... I saw FB coming but I still wonder how this is going to end. And I'm surprised Kurisu didn't realize what she said herself.
Aug 16, 2011 12:44 PM
Jun 2009
But after the first d-mail the divergence changes from 0.6 to 0.57(on episode 1), not over 1 where the dystopia doesn't happen so there should be more to it (hopefully) :3
Aug 16, 2011 12:44 PM

Nov 2008
bakuramariks said:
It was obvious that yell was his

Yes I think it's his too. Plus he yelled at pain, so he either tried to protect Kurisu or... he tried to kill her -for whatever reason- and she fought back? But the latter doesn't make much sense to me.
Aug 16, 2011 12:45 PM

Oct 2009
We continue the twists of fate and the mindf**k of all plots.

Okabe FINALLY realized that in order to save Mayuri, he has to reverse the world back to where Kurisu gets stabbed.

What will Okabe choose? Paradox, Mayuri, or Kurisu?

Aug 16, 2011 12:45 PM

May 2010
bakuramariks said:
It was obvious that yell was his. There's no way they'll use the same voice actor to voice another person. No way. I was thinking this since the first time the anime aired. I am absolutely certain. But we can always doubt...

(the F is going on?! o.O)

It seems this anime brings most of us to doubt a lot of things..But of course, there's reason to believe the option of Okabe being there, but not doing the "work" unless if Suzuha was correct on her betraying Okabe and the others.
Aug 16, 2011 12:59 PM

Dec 2007
My brain exploded from the intensity and suspense. This episode was fucking gold.
Aug 16, 2011 1:02 PM

Jan 2010
That last Okabe epiphany scene was GREAT! I could actually feel it.
"Seize the time, Meribor - live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again." - Captain Jean-Luc Picard.
Aug 16, 2011 1:11 PM

Apr 2010
Lots of weird shit happens in the first episode so this is to be expected.
Aug 16, 2011 1:15 PM

Jun 2009
I really enjoyed the twist in the end. Love it when they make me realise something together with the protagonist.
Aug 16, 2011 1:19 PM

Jun 2009
WRUHAHAHAHAHA!

I knew it! I knew it! The B in FB stands for Braun!
Sick episode like always. Im wondering how Okabe will do the things after he heared that Makise has to be stabbed again. :O
Aug 16, 2011 1:22 PM

Oct 2008
spohken said:
He's probably my favorite character for this entire year so far. But - I went back to re-watch the first episode to get any clues & during Kurisu getting stabbed scene, the yell is extremely similar to Okabe's voice...

I watched first episode again a month ago. It IS Okabe's voice.

Amazing episode once again, and once again I'll suffer a whole week. And finally he realized that in order to get to Beta world line he has to kill Kurisu.
Aug 16, 2011 1:26 PM

Jun 2010
Mr. Braun! gah
Intense episode, yet again.
Aug 16, 2011 1:36 PM

Feb 2008
It will be tough situation for Okabe since Makise have help him a lot of all those world lines.
But there sure is other way to save both of them, if he return beta world he could do everything, saved the world .

Makise have always been his alliance

Don't make Makise died, please don't do that.

Moeka begin to remember that she killed Mayuri, and she sorry.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Aug 16, 2011 1:41 PM

Jun 2008
A Large chunk of the story got omitted, but honestly the part that was cut just complicated the whole situtation and it will need more episodes which we can't have.

so if anyone's wondering
WALL OF SPOILER for the omitted scenes. Read on your own violation.
I bolded the omitted parts

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Aug 16, 2011 1:49 PM

May 2011
Damn that was some crazy shit! O_O had goosebumps the whole episode. Cant wait for the next epsiode.

Aug 16, 2011 1:50 PM

Apr 2010
Isn't Ferdinand Braun dead for over 90 years? And he had beard+moustache and wasn't bold. Or maybe HorribleSubs misspelled something?

I have solution! If I remember he's a Genius. He can wait few years, then build working time satellite(?) and Nuclear Bomb, send it back to past and nuke SERN!!!
Aug 16, 2011 1:51 PM

Jul 2011
I hated Moeka....but now...I feel bad for hating her </3 Wait a second though, is Okabe the one that kills Makise to save Mayuri....shiiiiiit. I hope it doesn't turn out like that...I like Makise 999999999999x better then Mayuri :(
Aug 16, 2011 1:57 PM

Nov 2008
Iwans18 said:
Isn't Ferdinand Braun dead for over 90 years? And he had beard+moustache and wasn't bold. Or maybe HorribleSubs misspelled something?!

He's not Ferdinand Braun, he just likes Braun Tubes and all. So he nicknamed himself FB with the initials of Ferninand Braun.
Aug 16, 2011 1:57 PM

Feb 2008
If it's a novell then it show a lot of details since it doesn't show anything about Nao about her time travelling.

kaimax said:
A Large chunk of the story got omitted, but honestly the part that was cut just complicated the whole situtation and it will need more episodes which we can't have.

so if anyone's wondering

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Aug 16, 2011 1:59 PM
May 2011
kaimax said:

so if anyone's wondering

Aug 16, 2011 2:01 PM
May 2011
This episode WAS gold. Im sad to see that the show is ending in 4 weeks ._. damn.
ban1o.jpg
Aug 16, 2011 2:08 PM
Dec 2009
Another great episode! Never suspected Mr Braun... And how he didn't tarried before he shot :x 5/5 again.
Anyways, we have to push Steins;Gate at least into the top10.
Aug 16, 2011 2:10 PM

Jun 2008
Damn it, I need to re-watch the beginning. I don't remember anything from the first few episodes.
Aug 16, 2011 2:11 PM

Apr 2008

I take back everything about Moeka, i kinda relate to her situation and if i was told from the one person i trusted the most that i was "no longer needed", i'd go bonkers right then and there.
My Blog: Oasis Crossing ~The Book of Friends~

Forum Avatar: Fram Nara from Gundam AGE
Aug 16, 2011 2:11 PM
Oct 2010
Okabe face was epic at the end. The double tuturu was epic and cute.
Aug 16, 2011 2:15 PM
Aug 2011
Wow only Wow Steins; Gate is now one of my Favourites im really Excited about the next Episode the Plot is keep going better and better

El Psy Congroo
Aug 16, 2011 2:19 PM

Apr 2011
I'm hoping Tuturu STAYS dead, and Kurisu lives! :D
Because its obvious who's super sexy. ;D
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Aug 16, 2011 2:22 PM

Feb 2011
I pretty much knew Mr. Braun was FB ever since someone pointed out the Ferdinand Braun thing after the episode where Moeka first mentioned FB. The execution (no pun intended) was something I definitely never saw coming.

Moeka is completely absolved of all her sins as far as I'm concerned. But I wonder, won't Mr. Braun get suspicious now that Moeka never recovered the IBN 5100?

5 star episode right here, though. Even better than episode 19, and the best episode in a while.

I don't care much for Mayuri, but she is adorable and Okabe obviously treasures her, so I want her to live. Either Kurisu dies or no one dies. That's how I see it. Either way, though, Kurisu can't be trusted. She's way too smart to stay blindly loyal to Okabe. I'm telling you, there is a VERY good reason that Suzuha didn't trust her.
Aug 16, 2011 2:24 PM

Jun 2011
And the plot thickens!
Now that we've got yet another twist and mindfuck makes me love this show even more.

Oh noes, Kurisu has to die in order for Mayuri to live....I don't want that happen! I'm sure Okabe is smart enough to somehow avoid doing that and let them both live! Please don't let her die, Okabe. ;__:
Aug 16, 2011 2:25 PM

Jun 2009
Mr. Braun surprised there for a second :o Him being the FB also got me hooked up being = :O I admit that this show is one of the favorites from this year (obviously?!)
Now Okabe have a hard time to choose, wonder what he'll do, cuz it's something i wouldn't think of doing.

Aug 16, 2011 2:27 PM

Jun 2008
darkziosj said:
kaimax said:

Omitted stuff

wow they omitted that? that sucks, i hope they somehow fit it in the next episode

They won't, trying to forcefully insert that in the next chapter is just "pushing it".
and if you think bit, the "omitted scenes" doesn't really affect the main story at all. It just complicated things and just trivial knowledge since they never made any kind of closure with that "sub-plot" in the VN.

Basically it's a sub-plot, and the anime didn't need it. Another reason to play the VN

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Aug 16, 2011 2:39 PM

Oct 2010
STM said:
bakuramariks said:

;_;

No, that can't be! There has to be a world where both Kurisu and Mayushii survive, and where SERN doesn't create a dystopia. There has to. ;_;

There likely is one, but it's in the other direction below 0.000001.

Anyway, FB wasn't a real shock to me as I suspected him at one point. I assumed it would be more elaborate however.
As everyone is now fully aware, yes pretty much what we thought was going to happen will likely happen.
Unless some major shit goes down in the next four episodes to change the course of events, Kurisu is iced.

As for the discussion of the side-story, mayhaps we just found out what our mystery special will be?
I'm still hedging most of my bets on beach or spa episode, but ya never know.
Aug 16, 2011 2:57 PM

Feb 2011
yutas said:

God damn you Moeka you deserved more than a punch!I also realized that they sent first a D-mail to win the lottery, will they try to undo this even if it didnt work?

It turns out the answer to this question is no. Undoing Moeka's D-Mail actually pushed the divergence even higher (though only slightly higher) than it was right after Okabe sent the first D-Mail. They don't have to bother with the lottery ticket D-Mail. Although, being such a slight change in divergence, it's still to be determined if Mayuri's death has been pushed back another day.

Considering the depth and amount of content of the VN, another season of Steins;Gate seems very possible to me. The likelihood is another story. There's just so much of this story that can't be covered in 24 episodes.
RedMage23Aug 16, 2011 3:04 PM
Aug 16, 2011 3:03 PM

Nov 2009
Awesome episode. FB being Braun and the subsequent bullets to follow were exciting. I am a little disappoint that he finally realized what the first D-mail was after getting this far.
Aug 16, 2011 3:05 PM

Feb 2011
It's a little weird that Kurisu seems almost completely oblivious to the gravity of the situation at hand. Does she have something up her sleeve that she's not revealing?
Aug 16, 2011 3:10 PM

Sep 2008
Darn, the little girl wasn't FB. =[
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 16, 2011 3:25 PM

Aug 2011
Kurisu: The first D-Mail, huh?
That's the one where I was stabbed or whatever, right?
DAEMONToolsAug 16, 2011 3:45 PM

Aug 16, 2011 3:28 PM
Nov 2009
what the sh*t is going on really
Aug 16, 2011 3:30 PM

Feb 2009
Fuck! people dies like flies in Stein's Gate like Higurashi. I wonder when Kurisu ordeal will come up, it seems you cannot have them both Okabe the childhood friend and the sexy genius.
Aug 16, 2011 3:31 PM

Dec 2009
I feel really sorry for okabe :( I hope he will solve everything

godly episode

5/5
yuno6.jpg
Aug 16, 2011 3:51 PM

Feb 2011
One thing I didn't like about this episode is the casualness of Okabe's use of the time leap, making it somewhat reminiscent of the slightly-painful-to-watch episode 13. It's not that I disagree with Okabe using it so casually, it's just that I don't think it makes for very good television. It makes it more like that episode of Family Guy where Peter goes back to 1984 (it was funny in that context, but doesn't work in this one) and less like Madoka.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

saxophone15 - Apr 26, 2011

241 by GatchiShoppo »»
Apr 20, 4:33 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

804 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Apr 18, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Apr 3, 2011

550 by Dyphz »»
Apr 17, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1825 by fentphantom »»
Apr 12, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - May 17, 2011

309 by DmtTrean »»
Apr 9, 12:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.