Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 16, 2011 7:03 AM

May 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
And he gets written off the show on episode 7.

KinetaNov 25, 2012 10:29 AM
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jun 28, 2013 1:24 PM

Sep 2012
Orson was awesome.
Jan 12, 2016 12:54 AM

Dec 2013
Now that was some fantastic shit.
Mar 6, 2017 12:09 AM

Dec 2015
Even in anime, I still love Orson's moment. (feeling like reading the books again)

5/5 A not so static battle, unlike what I foresaw.

Had he not lost his soul to Fury, they could have resurrected him (since Marle still owns the Governor's relic made for that)

August 6, 2019
@Ero-Camel Yes ! Being familiar with the Governor's Treasure may have helped me to get that faster but I think the information was delivered in the TV series itself.
Also, don't let this episode raise your hopes about the animation for later ones.

March 6, 2021
@St0rmblade I didn't even notice you had read The Lady of Falis.
(I don't remember the wind spirit looking as good as young Beld though.)
Ahah, I thought I had weird tastes for liking Orson so much despite it being a minor character.

St0rmblade said:

In Orson's case, there's a nice contrast between his real and possessed personalities.

Ahah, right. I had almost forgotten how he was during the time he was "freed" from Fury.

Stop complaining. XD It was beautiful and is beyond any critic (regarding drawings). The guy is an illustrator after all, not a mangaka.
Rei_IIIMar 6, 2021 9:24 AM
Aug 6, 2019 11:20 AM

Jul 2008
Rei_III said:
Even in anime, I still love Orson's moment. (feeling like reading the books again)

5/5 A not so static battle, unlike what I foresaw.

Had he not lost his soul to Fury, they could have resurrected him (since Marle still owns the Governor's relic made for that)

Oh so that's why she didn't go and heal him?

This episode had better animation than the previous ones, they finally put a little more effort.
Mar 5, 2021 6:20 AM

Aug 2017
Casting a slow spell onto a sorcerer of all people is so ridiculous. By the way, Deed's wind spirit kinda looks like manga version young Beld.

Leylia getting the first kill was surely unexpected.

Sorcerer staffs seem to have varying durability when struck with a blade, huh.

RIP best boy with best battle theme ;_; Those chibi shorts right after that were so unfitting

Rei_III said:
I didn't even notice you had read The Lady of Falis.
(I don't remember the wind spirit looking as good as young Beld though.)
Ahah, I thought I had weird tastes for liking Orson so much despite it being a minor character.

That was a nice short read for context. Though Akihiro Yamada's drawings don't seem to work well with b&w inked manga, specifically with battles - they're often incomprehensible (sorry for complaining once again xD)

Minor characters are often pretty charismatic, it's not weird. I frequently find myself liking them as well (in Orson's case, there's a nice contrast between his real and possessed personalities).
St0rmbladeMar 6, 2021 8:42 AM
Oct 7, 2021 12:43 PM
Apr 2018
R.I.P. ORSON!

ORSON managed to take few enemies before dying.

So, there was a possibility of resurrection if he had not lost his soul to hyuri, the anger spirit.
Feb 21, 2023 10:28 AM
Oct 2022
Shirts is a dumbass, and poor Orson, that guy was straight up one of the best characters

More topics from this board

» is this sequel or remake of OVA?

wolfwing - May 23, 2018

4 by MrCruesliPants »»
Mar 11, 1:01 PM

Poll: » Lodoss-tou Senki: Eiyuu Kishi Den Episode 27 Discussion

greenmarty - Aug 22, 2012

9 by Kamirura »»
Oct 27, 2023 1:24 PM

Poll: » Lodoss-tou Senki: Eiyuu Kishi Den Episode 1 Discussion

Confucius - Aug 14, 2011

11 by Skydis »»
Jul 4, 2023 6:20 AM

Poll: » Lodoss-tou Senki: Eiyuu Kishi Den Episode 25 Discussion

Doutei-kun - Oct 12, 2021

2 by ChrisDC »»
Feb 24, 2023 2:58 PM

Poll: » Lodoss-tou Senki: Eiyuu Kishi Den Episode 20 Discussion

Confucius - Sep 18, 2011

9 by ChrisDC »»
Feb 22, 2023 7:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.