MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Natsume Yuujinchou San Episode 7 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Natsume Yuujinchou San »» Natsume Yuujinchou San Episode 7 Discussion

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
View Poll Results: Natsume Yuujinchou San Episode 7 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

65 73.03%
4 out of 5: Liked it

17 19.10%
3 out of 5: It was OK

6 6.74%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

1 1.12%
1 out of 5: Hated it

0.00%
Voters: 89

08-15-11, 8:01 PM

I love Natori. After all the trauma Natsume has been through in his life, now that he has found a family that loves him, he needs a good role model.

I got a bit excited when I heard the beginning of the preview that the fox has grown, but five seconds later we're back to token shota.

08-15-11, 8:04 PM

At least Natsume is getting a little better at defending himself.
That Matoba clan gets under your skin - easily.

08-15-11, 8:13 PM

Well, in the manga, I think there were only like, 2 or 3 chapters dealing with Matoba and that forest youkai, then immediately following that was the cultural festival chap. So as much as I enjoyed the Matoba arc, I'm glad we're back to the episodic NY that we all know and (most of us) love.
Plus, there's a high chance that Matoba will appear again in some later chapter/episode. ;) *cross fingers*

Notes on this ep :
I don't have a lot to say about this ep. It was probably the most action-packed in the season (or in the 3 seasons). We got to see that side of Natsume that we rarely see. That was great.
lol. Natori vs. Nyanko-sensei was hilarious.
Also, it's pretty funny the way Natsume would punch youkai then say 'sorry' after. That is so typical of him.

Not so excited for next episode. I prefer that cultural festival story. Much, much more exciting than the fox kid. [Also, isn't that where Natsume dresses up in a costume?]

08-15-11, 8:38 PM

Damn, I hope Nyanko-sensei gets angry more often.

Also, loving Matoba. This show needs more examples of the different ways youkai are used.

08-15-11, 11:11 PM

Inn said:

I think I do understand you.

Thank you :)

Inn said:

Yes! It should be! And if sensei will be all happy and healthy next ep, I won't forgive them. Ever.

Definitely! =_=
Sensei...;__;

Inn said:

This season fillers've gotten better, but I still don't like them much. And I don't think now is the time. More importantly, I believe 3rd season is the last one and it would be great if they could cover more manga.

Don't say it's the last one....;A;
I demand season 4 >.>
Modified by Fujosee, 08-15-11, 11:31 PM

08-15-11, 11:21 PM

shiine-chan said:

Plus, there's a high chance that Matoba will appear again in some later chapter/episode. ;) *cross fingers*

I hope so! I want more of him! Matoba's intentions definitely not pure, but my villain-loving heart screams that he's a great, great character that I should love. He's probably one of most awesome villains you've ever seen., lolol

shiine-chan said:
Not so excited for next episode. I prefer that cultural festival story. Much, much more exciting than the fox kid. [Also, isn't that where Natsume dresses up in a costume?]

I'm glad I'm not the only one who isn't that excited with the next ep. :)
Natsume in a frilly apron, and his hair...adfghsdfhdhhkl, I wanna see that animated!

08-16-11, 12:00 AM

Natsume should just seek help from Misuzu and pawn the whole Matoba clan. Those bastards. Treating lives as tools. /raged

A very good episode. And 9001/10 for Sensei going scary mode. I was hoping for something grand, but it seems he takes Natsume more seriously than biting the head off from stupid Matoba.

Fox kid returns. Doesn't matter whether it would be a filler or not, anything goes for Natsume. Yet to see an episode that I didn't like!

08-16-11, 1:28 AM

Fujosee said:
shiine-chan said:

I hope so! I want more of him! Matoba's intentions definitely not pure, but my villain-loving heart screams that he's a great, great character that I should love. He's probably one of most awesome villains you've ever seen., lolol

I also hope Matoba's "We shall meet again" wasn't just talking.) With him show really gets more intriguing. And, thinking about it, there are only three or four stories including festival before Matoba's next appearance in the manga. Well, it might not be like this in the anime as BRAINS BASE showed us already, but let's believe = )
Fujosee said:

Natsume in a frilly apron, and his hair...adfghsdfhdhhkl, I wanna see that animated!

I don't mind seeing Taki's crossdressing too :)
shiine-chan said:

Also, it's pretty funny the way Natsume would punch youkai then say 'sorry' after. That is so typical of him.

He never changes as Natori said) And I want to see something like Natsume and youkai working together to break another Matoba's nasty plan or two. ^^

08-16-11, 2:23 AM

i agree, they should stick a little more to the manga............
there are hardly any manga with 4 seasons (only the REALLY popular ones) and i doubt Natsume will get another one (even if it should)
plus, they really should stop picking random chapters from the manga. grrrr!!!!
can't they follow the chronological order of the chapters?!

08-16-11, 2:35 AM

Watching Natsume return clutching Sensei like that tugged at my heartstrings. Hard. Seriously, though, how do some people manage to casually hurt others just to get what they want?

Hiiragi waiting for Natori was another highlight. She's so amazing. And with this, I guess there's no more reason to question Natori's motives?

Oh Matoba. I hate the man. I absolutely love the character - or more like, his existence in the series. And I hate myself a bit for liking him so much. I hope he returns once more this season.

08-16-11, 2:59 AM

Inn said:
I also hope Matoba's "We shall meet again" wasn't just talking.) With him show really gets more intriguing. And, thinking about it, there are only three or four stories including festival before Matoba's next appearance in the manga. Well, it might not be like this in the anime as BRAINS BASE showed us already, but let's believe = )

:( Well, we're already halfway through the 3rd season of the anime. I hope they set aside another 2 episodes at the end for Matoba's next appearance. That was such an awesome chapter in the manga.
Fujosee said:

~Kyaaa. Me too! I knew I saved a pic of it somewhere on my hard drive. *searches for it*
Ah here it is.
Modified by shiine-chan, 08-16-11, 8:57 AM

08-16-11, 6:30 AM

Just 24 more minutes of disappointment... baw :|
I didn't enjoy the season 3 episodes before this one, but this was just anticlimactic... and actually, just kind of boring :C

I'm not looking forward to next week either, annoying filler is annoying. This wasn't even in the manga was it? Or did I just forget...

I feel so alone in my complaining about season 3... =n=;

08-16-11, 7:59 AM

Wistaire said:

I'm not looking forward to next week either, annoying filler is annoying. This wasn't even in the manga was it? Or did I just forget...

As much as I remember it was not, and I'm supposed to have a good memory.)
About this season... I don't like changes in Natsume's look (and other characters too; this is not Durarara) and I don't like how they treat manga. Couldn't they simply (haha; not so simply may be) make it 26 eps and show what manga has to tell now? Following the right order, of course. Natsume Yuujinchou isn't just episodic heartwarming manga anymore, is it?.. What about showing Natsume's feelings more?
But it is still better than other shows for me, so I'm grateful.

08-16-11, 8:32 AM

Am I the only one who got Saber vibes from Hiiragi this episode?

08-16-11, 10:15 AM

That's the first time I saw sensei got really angry and I thought he is gonna go rampage !!

08-16-11, 11:13 AM

shiine-chan said:
Fujosee said:

~Kyaaa. Me too! I knew I saved a pic of it somewhere on my hard drive. *searches for it*
Ah here it is.
Well since there is a fandom here, then I shall say that should this be animated. I shall make 1 or 2 avatars of Natsume like that or 1 t o2 GIFs for fans like you. Probably to put in my Hall of Fame for males.

Will this part really be animated?

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!

08-16-11, 12:21 PM
Forum Moderator
Nice and interesting episode.
I wonder what the Matoba clan has planned for Natsume seems like there are really interested in him and his grandmother.

08-16-11, 4:07 PM

Jeez Natsume is getting way too popular around these parts, now he get Motaba after him now. Poor woman, I think Motaba used it as bait just because she was too attached to his youkai.

I am surprised the Matoba's clan is not aware of the the book of friends existence as many youkai knows about it, I think that greedy Matoba would get wind of something like that sooner than later.
Modified by MaxCrazy7, 08-16-11, 4:12 PM

08-16-11, 8:29 PM

Gonna listen to this op on repeat when it is released <3

"FUCK ANIME, I'M GOING CAR RACING."

08-17-11, 4:11 AM

MaxCrazy7 said:
I am surprised the Matoba's clan is not aware of the the book of friends existence as many youkai knows about it, I think that greedy Matoba would get wind of something like that sooner than later.

I doubt he doesn't know about it. He only learned Natsume's name while he was leaving with Nanase. And after hearing he's Reiko's grandson, Natsume's 'interesting' factor increased in Matoba's eyes.

Then again, if Matoba knows, Natori - who comes from a more prestigious exorcist clan - should also have heard of Natsume and the Book of Friends. He never mentions it, though. Ooh, one of the reasons I still question Natori's motives, even if for the most part I think he's a friend rather than foe. Not to mention, he's so fabulous.

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices