Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Post New Reply
Poll: Natsume Yuujinchou San Episode 7 Discussion

Aug 15, 2011 8:01 PM

I love Natori. After all the trauma Natsume has been through in his life, now that he has found a family that loves him, he needs a good role model.

I got a bit excited when I heard the beginning of the preview that the fox has grown, but five seconds later we're back to token shota.

Aug 15, 2011 8:04 PM

At least Natsume is getting a little better at defending himself.
That Matoba clan gets under your skin - easily.

Aug 15, 2011 8:13 PM

Well, in the manga, I think there were only like, 2 or 3 chapters dealing with Matoba and that forest youkai, then immediately following that was the cultural festival chap. So as much as I enjoyed the Matoba arc, I'm glad we're back to the episodic NY that we all know and (most of us) love.
Plus, there's a high chance that Matoba will appear again in some later chapter/episode. ;) *cross fingers*

Notes on this ep :
I don't have a lot to say about this ep. It was probably the most action-packed in the season (or in the 3 seasons). We got to see that side of Natsume that we rarely see. That was great.
lol. Natori vs. Nyanko-sensei was hilarious.
Also, it's pretty funny the way Natsume would punch youkai then say 'sorry' after. That is so typical of him.

Not so excited for next episode. I prefer that cultural festival story. Much, much more exciting than the fox kid. [Also, isn't that where Natsume dresses up in a costume?]

Aug 15, 2011 8:38 PM

Damn, I hope Nyanko-sensei gets angry more often.

Also, loving Matoba. This show needs more examples of the different ways youkai are used.

Aug 15, 2011 11:11 PM

Inn said:

I think I do understand you.

Thank you :)

Inn said:

Yes! It should be! And if sensei will be all happy and healthy next ep, I won't forgive them. Ever.

Definitely! =_=
Sensei...;__;

Inn said:

This season fillers've gotten better, but I still don't like them much. And I don't think now is the time. More importantly, I believe 3rd season is the last one and it would be great if they could cover more manga.

Don't say it's the last one....;A;
I demand season 4 >.>
Modified by Fujosee, Aug 15, 2011 11:31 PM

Aug 15, 2011 11:21 PM

shiine-chan said:

Plus, there's a high chance that Matoba will appear again in some later chapter/episode. ;) *cross fingers*

I hope so! I want more of him! Matoba's intentions definitely not pure, but my villain-loving heart screams that he's a great, great character that I should love. He's probably one of most awesome villains you've ever seen., lolol

shiine-chan said:
Not so excited for next episode. I prefer that cultural festival story. Much, much more exciting than the fox kid. [Also, isn't that where Natsume dresses up in a costume?]

I'm glad I'm not the only one who isn't that excited with the next ep. :)
Natsume in a frilly apron, and his hair...adfghsdfhdhhkl, I wanna see that animated!

Aug 16, 2011 12:00 AM

Natsume should just seek help from Misuzu and pawn the whole Matoba clan. Those bastards. Treating lives as tools. /raged

A very good episode. And 9001/10 for Sensei going scary mode. I was hoping for something grand, but it seems he takes Natsume more seriously than biting the head off from stupid Matoba.

Fox kid returns. Doesn't matter whether it would be a filler or not, anything goes for Natsume. Yet to see an episode that I didn't like!

Aug 16, 2011 1:28 AM

Fujosee said:
shiine-chan said:

I hope so! I want more of him! Matoba's intentions definitely not pure, but my villain-loving heart screams that he's a great, great character that I should love. He's probably one of most awesome villains you've ever seen., lolol

I also hope Matoba's "We shall meet again" wasn't just talking.) With him show really gets more intriguing. And, thinking about it, there are only three or four stories including festival before Matoba's next appearance in the manga. Well, it might not be like this in the anime as BRAINS BASE showed us already, but let's believe = )
Fujosee said:

Natsume in a frilly apron, and his hair...adfghsdfhdhhkl, I wanna see that animated!

I don't mind seeing Taki's crossdressing too :)
shiine-chan said:

Also, it's pretty funny the way Natsume would punch youkai then say 'sorry' after. That is so typical of him.

He never changes as Natori said) And I want to see something like Natsume and youkai working together to break another Matoba's nasty plan or two. ^^

Aug 16, 2011 2:23 AM

i agree, they should stick a little more to the manga............
there are hardly any manga with 4 seasons (only the REALLY popular ones) and i doubt Natsume will get another one (even if it should)
plus, they really should stop picking random chapters from the manga. grrrr!!!!
can't they follow the chronological order of the chapters?!

Aug 16, 2011 2:35 AM

Watching Natsume return clutching Sensei like that tugged at my heartstrings. Hard. Seriously, though, how do some people manage to casually hurt others just to get what they want?

Hiiragi waiting for Natori was another highlight. She's so amazing. And with this, I guess there's no more reason to question Natori's motives?

Oh Matoba. I hate the man. I absolutely love the character - or more like, his existence in the series. And I hate myself a bit for liking him so much. I hope he returns once more this season.

Aug 16, 2011 2:59 AM

Inn said:
I also hope Matoba's "We shall meet again" wasn't just talking.) With him show really gets more intriguing. And, thinking about it, there are only three or four stories including festival before Matoba's next appearance in the manga. Well, it might not be like this in the anime as BRAINS BASE showed us already, but let's believe = )

:( Well, we're already halfway through the 3rd season of the anime. I hope they set aside another 2 episodes at the end for Matoba's next appearance. That was such an awesome chapter in the manga.
Fujosee said:

~Kyaaa. Me too! I knew I saved a pic of it somewhere on my hard drive. *searches for it*
Ah here it is.
Modified by shiine-chan, Aug 16, 2011 8:57 AM

Aug 16, 2011 6:30 AM

Just 24 more minutes of disappointment... baw :|
I didn't enjoy the season 3 episodes before this one, but this was just anticlimactic... and actually, just kind of boring :C

I'm not looking forward to next week either, annoying filler is annoying. This wasn't even in the manga was it? Or did I just forget...

I feel so alone in my complaining about season 3... =n=;

Aug 16, 2011 7:59 AM

Wistaire said:

I'm not looking forward to next week either, annoying filler is annoying. This wasn't even in the manga was it? Or did I just forget...

As much as I remember it was not, and I'm supposed to have a good memory.)
About this season... I don't like changes in Natsume's look (and other characters too; this is not Durarara) and I don't like how they treat manga. Couldn't they simply (haha; not so simply may be) make it 26 eps and show what manga has to tell now? Following the right order, of course. Natsume Yuujinchou isn't just episodic heartwarming manga anymore, is it?.. What about showing Natsume's feelings more?
But it is still better than other shows for me, so I'm grateful.

Aug 16, 2011 8:32 AM

Am I the only one who got Saber vibes from Hiiragi this episode?

Aug 16, 2011 10:15 AM

That's the first time I saw sensei got really angry and I thought he is gonna go rampage !!

Aug 16, 2011 11:13 AM

shiine-chan said:
Fujosee said:

~Kyaaa. Me too! I knew I saved a pic of it somewhere on my hard drive. *searches for it*
Ah here it is.
Well since there is a fandom here, then I shall say that should this be animated. I shall make 1 or 2 avatars of Natsume like that or 1 t o2 GIFs for fans like you. Probably to put in my Hall of Fame for males.

Will this part really be animated?

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!

Aug 16, 2011 12:21 PM
Forum Moderator
Nice and interesting episode.
I wonder what the Matoba clan has planned for Natsume seems like there are really interested in him and his grandmother.

Aug 16, 2011 4:07 PM

Jeez Natsume is getting way too popular around these parts, now he get Motaba after him now. Poor woman, I think Motaba used it as bait just because she was too attached to his youkai.

I am surprised the Matoba's clan is not aware of the the book of friends existence as many youkai knows about it, I think that greedy Matoba would get wind of something like that sooner than later.
Modified by MaxCrazy7, Aug 16, 2011 4:12 PM

Aug 16, 2011 8:29 PM

Gonna listen to this op on repeat when it is released <3

"FUCK ANIME, I'M GOING CAR RACING."

Aug 17, 2011 4:11 AM

MaxCrazy7 said:
I am surprised the Matoba's clan is not aware of the the book of friends existence as many youkai knows about it, I think that greedy Matoba would get wind of something like that sooner than later.

I doubt he doesn't know about it. He only learned Natsume's name while he was leaving with Nanase. And after hearing he's Reiko's grandson, Natsume's 'interesting' factor increased in Matoba's eyes.

Then again, if Matoba knows, Natori - who comes from a more prestigious exorcist clan - should also have heard of Natsume and the Book of Friends. He never mentions it, though. Ooh, one of the reasons I still question Natori's motives, even if for the most part I think he's a friend rather than foe. Not to mention, he's so fabulous.

Aug 17, 2011 6:57 AM

Athena said:

I doubt he doesn't know about it.

He doesn't. Really. Youkai aren't crazy to talk about the Book with humans, they have instinct for self-preservation too. Though I think Matoba or/and Natori will find out for sure. What will happen then? I'm dying to know ^^
Modified by Moire, Aug 17, 2011 7:03 AM

Aug 17, 2011 7:37 AM

Inn said:
Athena said:
I doubt he doesn't know about it.

He doesn't. Really. Youkai aren't crazy to talk about the Book with humans, they have instinct for self-preservation too. Though I think Matoba or/and Natori will find out for sure. What will happen then? I'm dying to know ^^

Manga information? It's a major relief if he doesn't. I really should read the translations instead of waiting for scanlations.

And I do agree with your reasoning, but why does he know about Reiko then? Unless he knows her from a non-youkai source... But he clearly know she's famous among youkai - and knowing how the Matoba clan does things, he'd probably be glad to weed out information from the youkai about this famous, not-from-an-exorcist-family human.

Aug 17, 2011 8:30 AM

Athena said:

And I do agree with your reasoning, but why does he know about Reiko then? Unless he knows her from a non-youkai source... But he clearly know she's famous among youkai - and knowing how the Matoba clan does things, he'd probably be glad to weed out information from the youkai about this famous, not-from-an-exorcist-family human.

If you read scanlations you should know Matoba has suspicions, but that's all for now - from ch.44 to 54 there wasn't anything concrete about it.
And there is nothing clear about Reiko. I think youkai could talk about strangely powerful human, but they did it without mentioning Yuujinchou. She had troubles communicating with humans but still she had a daughter and both women kept surname Natsume (and if you read translations you'll know something about Takashi's parents). Reiko is full of mysteries and I doubt we will find out anything significant anytime soon :(
P.S. In the 2nd season Nanase-san said she heard from youkai about beautiful and strong Reiko. But that's all, I think.

Aug 17, 2011 8:53 AM

Inn said:
If you read scanlations you should know Matoba has suspicions, but that's all for now - from ch.44 to 54 there wasn't anything concrete about it.
And there is nothing clear about Reiko. I think youkai could talk about strangely powerful human, but they did it without mentioning Yuujinchou. She had troubles communicating with humans but still she had a daughter and both women kept surname Natsume (and if you read translations you'll know something about Takashi's parents). Reiko is full of mysteries and I doubt we will find out anything significant anytime soon :(
P.S. In the 2nd season Nanase-san said she heard from youkai about beautiful and strong Reiko. But that's all, I think.

That's what bothers me, though. The Matoba clan isn't the 'live and let live' type - for some reason I have a mental image of Matoba torturing a youkai into spilling the beans about Reiko. I mean, they love owning powerful things, but yeah, I suppose knowing she's dead and useless would make them lose interest. But I don't know.

Right, that was the nudge I needed to read the translations. Thanks! ^^

Aug 17, 2011 11:38 AM

Athena said:

That's what bothers me, though. The Matoba clan isn't the 'live and let live' type - for some reason I have a mental image of Matoba torturing a youkai into spilling the beans about Reiko. I mean, they love owning powerful things, but yeah, I suppose knowing she's dead and useless would make them lose interest. But I don't know.

But if they knew about the Book back then they had many years to lay their hands on it. It doesn't seem like the Matoba clan was softer decades ago... who knows though.
And Reiko somehow knew how to create the Book or chase away that ayakashi from Fujiwara's house. Where did she learn all that, being not-from-an-exorcist-family human? Another mystery.

Aug 18, 2011 8:24 AM

Athena said:

Right, that was the nudge I needed to read the translations. Thanks! ^^

I seems reasonable to assume that they can't have asked youkai about the book of friends, because they didn't know it exists to begin with.

And I doubt they are this sort of people who are eager to engage themselves in conversation with youkai.
"The moment one sits down to think, one becomes all nose, or all forehead, or something horrid. Look at the successful men in any of the learned professions. How perfectly hideous they are! Except, of course, in the Church. But then in the Church they don't think. A bishop keeps on saying at the age of eighty what he was told to say when he was a boy of eighteen, and as a natural consequence he always looks absolutely delightful."

Aug 18, 2011 10:53 AM

Inn said:
But if they knew about the Book back then they had many years to lay their hands on it. It doesn't seem like the Matoba clan was softer decades ago... who knows though.
Lain666 said:
I seems reasonable to assume that they can't have asked youkai about the book of friends, because they didn't know it exists to begin with. And I doubt they are this sort of people who are eager to engage themselves in conversation with youkai.

I'm assuming Matoba found out about the book while trying to figure out who Reiko is. And I never suggested conversation - I said torture.
And as for not finding the book all those years ago... Well, they lost the Natsume trail after Reiko died or moved out of town or something.

Obviously I could be wrong, but Matoba's fascination with the Natsume name seems a bit excessive if all they know about Reiko is that she's strong and beautiful.

And as Inn pointed out, Reiko seems too skilled in exorcism if we were to assume she didn't come from one. So maybe she did? But then why would Natsume's relatives be so creeped out by him seeing invisible things if Reiko did come from a family exorcist well enough to be known by other clans? Maybe she was a prodigy?

I'm sure there are more ways for Matoba to know about Reiko besides hearsay from youkai and her being an amazing exorcist, but right now those seem most likely to me.

Straying too far from the episode? Sorry.

Aug 18, 2011 4:59 PM

Great episode~

… Although, I’d say I was expecting quite a bit more. I did like Natsume’s escape; he’s everything but threatening [“… I’ll stop you!” oh yes, Natsume. Everyone will run away in fear, youkai included, lol.] but he managed to stand on his own and look for the powerful ayakashi without help, at least. Well, I guess it is fine as long as Matoba appears once again.

Ah, Nyanko-sensei and Natori’s bickering will never grow old for me.

Oh, Kogitsune next week~! That little boy melts my senses and heart ♥
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.

Aug 19, 2011 12:21 AM

Shinee-chan said:

Ah here it is.

With that hairstyle, he kinda reminds me of Saki (Fake king/Fake Luca) from Hiiro No Isu (another manga by Midorikawa-sensei)..Only Saki is more cold and badass. He's like...a badass version of Natsume. :))
I'm getting off topic. I'll shut up now

Aug 19, 2011 8:02 PM

I the first thing i thought about the blood was sperm. o-o

Aug 19, 2011 9:00 PM

Kuro-Tenshi said:
ROFL! Good to know I am not the only one.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!

Aug 25, 2011 11:20 PM

Yumekichi11 said:
Kuro-Tenshi said:
ROFL! Good to know I am not the only one.

Seconded. Eh, thirded.

I was content with the series focusing more on the slice-of-life side rather than taking it deeper with that exorcist club and higher beings and stuff, but after this episode, I can't help but hoping for something a li...ttle bit more heart racing. Well, ok, I shouldn't.

But for me the epi was a little bit anticlimatic, IDK, some parts are awkward as like the animation and the pacing didn't really fit in. Still an enjoyable one though.

Aug 30, 2011 8:52 AM

nznznz said:
Well that was rather anticlimactic. I'm a bit disappointed that they didn't keep up the development from season two and instead went back to the episodic way.

This. I was expecting more from this ep and it felt anticlimactic but anyway, at least it leaves a hint about the main plot.

Sep 5, 2011 9:25 AM

That was a little anti-climatic, one hit and that huge youkai gets blown to smithereens. So a filler next episode? Oh well. Hope it's good.

Oct 1, 2011 12:32 AM

Meh. Natsume's arcs are usually inferior to its episodic storylines.

Also, the filler talk is ridiculous. Bleach, Naruto, One Piece - I understand the filler can be horrible in long-running shonen. But, Natsume filler or not(I can't even tell the difference), some of those episodes have been very powerful. You're basically telling me that they shouldn't have another episode with the fox boy - even though the episode in the first season was arguably one of the best Natsume episodes - simply because some of you want to see Natsume in a frilly apron? Come on, fangirls. =|

Nov 27, 2011 3:51 PM

Dude. DUDE. Nyanko-sensei. Bad. Ass. Just that whole scene, my face was literally: :O

And next episode. I always check the characters for each season to see if the fox boy is gonna be in it. I'm so excited. He's just so friggin cute. But he looks like he's gotten older from the preview.

Dec 4, 2011 1:42 PM

Blood sperm lol those looked funny. This episode was alright.

Dec 7, 2011 1:41 PM

I don't know, I just enjoy every chapter so much.

It never fails to make me laugh or to make me feel sad. I love how Natori worries about Natsume.

Sometimes I can hear my bones straining under the weight of all the lives I'm not living.

Jan 15, 2012 7:40 PM

Just hope that "action" episodes like this will occur very rarely, or the calm, peaceful, even relaxing atmosphere will be lost.

Jan 24, 2012 1:35 AM

Even though Natori claims to be using Hiragi as a tool, I think there are other reasons why he kept her out of the line of fire. It strikes me that his situation may not be that different from the witch. Hiragi certainly seems to be in love with him (as much as you can tell from a character whose face is mostly covered by a mask).

I also think there may be much more to Reiko's story than we've been told thus far.
Please don't feed the trolls!
[center][size=90]In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jan 28, 2012 9:35 AM

How dare they hurt nyanko sensei. >:(

i lol-ed when sensei couldn't bent over and lick his wounds cuz he's too fat.

Mar 26, 2012 4:26 PM

Good episode.

Don't really see the point in Matoba protecting his eye from been eaten when he wouldn't be able to use it either, unless it would weaken his abilities if he lost it. I guess it doesn't really matter.

Apr 18, 2012 1:18 PM

She should have just bought a gun, it would have been a lot more effective than a youkai that she couldn't even control.

And seriously, Natsume needs to learn at least the basics of fighting with spiritual energy or he's going to die one day when there's no one there to save him from his incompetence at the last second.

Jul 12, 2012 3:56 PM

jacobpaige said:
She should have just bought a gun, it would have been a lot more effective than a youkai that she couldn't even control.

I guess she lacked resolve. Anyway, it's interesting to see more about other exorcists as well.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~

Aug 28, 2012 2:34 AM

Great episode, and the Matoba ark is far from over as it seems. All the more reasons to look forward to more of Natsume.

Still I wonder how could that Matoba guy 1-shot the demon.

"Sensei, you really are a demon, Sensei!"
Modified by Meritas, Aug 28, 2012 2:48 AM

Oct 7, 2012 10:57 AM

First time seeing sensei getting so angered. The Matoba family.. villians.

Jan 6, 2013 5:05 PM
News Team
Pretty interesting episode with even some action inside that cave. I was kinda pissed to see Madara/Sensei wounded tbh especially when some of his blood was used to awaken a Youkai. Other than that, 5/5.

Apr 3, 2013 7:02 PM
Anime Moderator
darkerealm said:

i lol-ed when sensei couldn't bent over and lick his wounds cuz he's too fat.

Same here XD Despite the overall seriousness in this episode, Nyanko-sensei still brought some comedic moments. I love the part where he and Natoba were bickering at the inn.

And wow, the Matoba clan sure is strong. He took out the super strong youkai with just an arrow (and spell). Still, they're a horrible clan...

Oct 17, 2013 2:22 PM

Natsume needs to learn some basic exorcism or anything that he can use to fend off bad youkai.. If i remember correctly, he only use it once, during the exorcism inside his house, using the technique Reiko used. It's be great to see him fighting with spell instead of running away or one-punch-KO-ing the youkai XD

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|

Dec 22, 2013 5:54 AM

Nyanko-sensei! And lol the blood/sperm comparison. I thought they looked like it too. Anyway, another great episode with some action.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]