Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 1, 2008 1:36 AM

Mar 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
what do you guys think???

-for me, it's too bad that they
Jul 11, 2008 3:08 AM

Dec 2007
I cried...a lot!
That's all I can say... (.__.)
Jul 11, 2008 4:14 AM

Jan 2008
And then it fades out to a lovely song, which was either by Gackt or Yoko Ishida, I cant remember.

[no spoiler tags in an episode thread, they're redundant. Thank you]
BeatnikJul 11, 2008 4:17 AM
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Jul 13, 2008 10:29 PM

Apr 2008
Was too much to hope for a semi good ending huh :p. Still it was an awesome show.

Jul 17, 2008 9:32 AM

Jul 2008
I was left numb and the tears would not stop falling. What an amazing and depressing way to end the show. I'm really glad to have it in my collection~
Aug 21, 2008 3:23 AM

Jul 2007
Good anime but i really didnt enjoy it. I guess it's not my type of show : (
Sep 2, 2008 5:40 PM
Aug 2008
When I saw the ending, as all the anime was sad and despressing, I was not waiting for any king of happy ending, but I was not waiting for such a bad ending...
I cried like a river when I saw what happened to Ran, and at the very end, it was as if a Dementor ( Harry Potter ) has taken all the hope, all the good feelings I could remember in my life...
I have never ever been that depressed because of an anime... and I will never be brave enough to re-watch it...
Oct 12, 2008 4:23 PM
Dec 2007
The ending left me feeling so depressed and speechless. I enjoyed the series, nonetheless.
Nov 9, 2008 8:21 PM

Mar 2008
I was really disappointed that they all died, this could have been ended a lot better. Although they did make it so people won’t want a continuation of the series.
Jan 3, 2009 12:57 AM
Jan 2009
The ending was fantastic. Really beautiful, intellectually rich and tied up all the ends of the show perfectly.
Feb 7, 2009 3:36 AM

May 2008
Halfway through the show i did expect such ending. One thing is expect and another to see
Feb 17, 2009 6:10 PM
Oct 2008
This show had a ton of promise coming into it. But for me, the final episode more or less sums up the entire series: incomprehensible events about lifeless or enigmatic characters that I have absolutely no connection whatsoever to. After the episode ended, I merely wondered why I had wasted so much time watching a ten-hour exercise in non-stop depression.

This is coming from someone who loves Serial Experiments Lain and Ergo Proxy, so it's definitely not the style, tone, or genre that put me off.
Mar 10, 2009 4:24 PM

Jul 2008
Don't know why but, the final scene where Ichise was lying and watching the hologram flower had the same effect on me as Spike's "bang!"...
GuUgukMar 11, 2009 4:25 AM
May 18, 2009 6:27 AM

Nov 2008
People cried at the ending!? That's both hilarious and sad. I found the anime quite boring and saw it trying too hard to justify the mob war's connection with humanity's fight for survival. This anime is as boring as Gungrave.
arimakenshinMay 18, 2009 6:31 AM
May 22, 2009 2:30 PM

Jul 2008
arimakenshin said:
People cried at the ending!? That's both hilarious and sad. ... This anime is as boring as Gungrave.

I guess you shouldn't drop it and see the brilliant ending for yourself. It is nothing! like gungrave (slow paced ok, mobs present, but everyting else completely on different levels). Maybe you do not like the style or way of thinking of the director (I remember you from the shigurui reviews :) ). Maybe later you can give it another try with more patience, since this show was a very good example of a dystophia about human evolution.
May 23, 2009 7:04 AM

Nov 2008
GuUguk said:
arimakenshin said:
...this show was a very good example of a dystophia about human evolution.

I think I don't want to have the patience to try to watch the anime again. After watching masterpieces like Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Bebop and Studio Ghibli movies that capture symbolism very well, Texhnolyze failed to capture with me its attempt to feel profound. It felt like a mix between Ergo Proxy and Gungrave. Ergo Proxy did a better job capturing the human will to survive.
Jun 11, 2009 4:38 PM

Jun 2009
Beautiful ending. One of the best animes out there, no doubt.
kurodayuchiJun 17, 2009 11:47 AM
Jun 16, 2009 11:09 PM
Feb 2009
I was very sad at the ending to see Ran end up as a texhnolyzed head-sac. The ending was excellently executed, but I felt kind of angry that Ichise was a static character for most of the series. Actually most of them were pretty static. Ichise only ended up growing near the end because he realized that Ran had looked after him in dire straits in the past. I guess hind sight is always 20/20, as they say. The Lakan leader eventually went crazy and decided to kill everyone and Konno seemed himself to be a bit off his rocker. I love sad endings sometimes.
Jul 7, 2009 7:54 PM

May 2008
Compared to how this show started, it ended less depressing.
Jul 8, 2009 12:09 PM

Sep 2008
I was expecting a sad ending but :(
TomPaul15Jul 19, 2009 12:39 PM

Jul 10, 2009 1:30 AM

Nov 2007
i dont really know lol i was expecting a more violent end and hoping for it

I signed my screen and now its all smeary "When you meet your God tell him to leave me alone."

check out my bloghttp://corpse69.wordpress.com/

fix MAL already
Jul 17, 2009 12:57 PM

May 2009
Anybody notice how the entire series pretty much has one set of messages?

"No matter how much effort you put in life, you will fail in the end"
"Don't try to do in anything in life"
"Living is meaningless"
"There is no hope"

greaaaaaaaaat.......

i mean sure, it was kinda touching and all in the end but godddamn, really now, just toss a big sack of emo at me. After all the sadness and difficulties the main character and everyone else goes through, they're rewarded with a slow/brutal/wasted deaths. (i.e. Ran and Oonashi give their lives to 'restore' sanity to the city, and Ichise kills off the remaining inhabitants - those assholes deserved it, but still... what a vain death)

yea,
/wrists yet
Aug 7, 2009 1:22 AM

Aug 2008
Wow...this was one the saddest endings I've ever seen. I didn't enjoy the series overall that much, but this episode was just incredible.
Sep 19, 2009 6:20 PM

Jan 2009
Amazing ending to an amazing series. This show was truly such an enjoyable ride. 9/10
Sep 24, 2009 9:27 AM

Feb 2008
I enjoyed this series.
Oct 19, 2009 3:48 AM

Jan 2009
Man, do those fully texhnolyzed people creep the hell out of me...

On another note, is there some site where I could read about the symbolism used in the show?
Nov 18, 2009 12:29 AM

Jun 2009
Great show that is just begging to be re watched. I don't know if it's quite as good as Ghost in the Shell, which it seems to be compared to for obvious reasons, but I do think it's much better than Ergo Proxy.

Ichise was an interesting character who rarely ever showed emotion, but when he did it was usually a great scene. The characters, overall, merely felt like vessels for the story. However, the other way to look at it is that the people had long lost their souls and emotions.

8/10
Ston3_FreeN7Nov 18, 2009 12:33 AM
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 14, 2009 11:49 AM
Apr 2009
insan3soldiern said:
Great show that is just begging to be re watched. I don't know if it's quite as good as Ghost in the Shell, which it seems to be compared to for obvious reasons, but I do think it's much better than Ergo Proxy.

Ichise was an interesting character who rarely ever showed emotion, but when he did it was usually a great scene. The characters, overall, merely felt like vessels for the story. However, the other way to look at it is that the people had long lost their souls and emotions.

8/10

i cant believe u just said this was better than ergo proxy...it was good but not great

on a positive note the cinematography was great, but the show overall just wasn't that entertaining...for the most part it was dialogue and this dialogue did not have an enthralling grip on me until the latter half of the show.

This last episode was a great last episode indeed...executed very well. I love Rondo Robe
LaNsLyDeDec 14, 2009 12:08 PM
Dec 14, 2009 1:22 PM

Jan 2008
Ergo Proxy cares more about how it looks with its stupid mascara-ridden goth character and bunny-suit moe girl than exploring any worthwhile ideas, and when it tries it just waffles on with exposition and shit.

TeXhnolyze is real cyberpunk done good.

Just my wee little opinion.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Dec 15, 2009 3:36 AM

Nov 2008
Actually, I would argue that the only cyberpunk "done good" is Ghost in the Shell, Akira and Blame (manga).
Dec 25, 2009 6:19 AM
Jul 2009
And the future refused to change ending
But seriously, who had the balls to fund this proyect hah
It was good overall, i didn't like that they killed the main antagonist in the first half of the series all of a sudden, he was pretty badass even if he was doing it for the lulz.
Jan 5, 2010 1:23 PM

Aug 2009
Wow, that was a pretty sad ending, I'm amusing Ichise died...

At times I thought this anime got really slow and boring but it picked up allot of momentum these last few episodes and it pretty much redeemed itself.
Jan 7, 2010 11:22 PM
Jul 2008
I did expect main characters to die, I didn't expect EVERYONE to die; basically everyone died. It was a sad ending but I expected it early on (from the main character, setting, background, music, events), though I was still hoping for salvation. Didn't cry though, guess the story didn't quite draw me in enough.

For some reason, I have mixed feelings about this series and had real trouble about what to score it. It should deserve a 9 but somehow I don't want to. Since it was made about serious topics and didn't make me think "oh waste of my time", then it's worth a 8 I guess. The slowness, irregularities of the story, how the ideas are presented, and a whole lot of other petty things, makes me want to drop it to a 7 but I have to say that this show is worth the watch. 8.5 if there were half points.

By the way, I enjoyed Serial Experiments Lain very much, but this one hm.
KJacketJan 7, 2010 11:33 PM
Jan 10, 2010 3:10 PM

Oct 2008
KJacket said:
For some reason, I have mixed feelings about this series and had real trouble about what to score it.

The last few episodes have me feeling exactly the same, there were plenty of times in this show i was fascinated and equally as many when i was bored, but i found the ending genuinely saddening and even more so thought provoking, and for this type of show to be so thought provoking probably makes it a success.
Jan 14, 2010 1:00 PM
May 2008
What a great series. There was so much depth that unfortunately I couldn't take it all in. It definitely needs a re-watch one day.
Jan 28, 2010 8:23 AM

Oct 2008
WhyGodWhy said:
What a great series. There was so much depth that unfortunately I couldn't take it all in. It definitely needs a re-watch one day.

I feel exactly the same lol.
Feb 2, 2010 8:12 AM

Oct 2008
Proxy was far more enjoyable hour for hour imo.
Apr 13, 2010 4:26 PM
Jul 2009
I liked that last scene.. the contentment on his face just blew me away. Oh, and Ran pissed me off. She didn't really tell him correctly what was going to happen, he'd be the last one to die.. but he didn't cause any of that. She did nothing the whole time except run around and make people obsess over her. (for what? a few words telling them that they were all screwed over?!)
But that's probably the only ending of an anime i'll ever remember... who knows.
Apr 28, 2010 5:24 AM

Jun 2009
WhyGodWhy said:

Pretty much how I feel. This series is a definite 10/10. Sadly underrated and under-appreciated by the lesser minds.
May 17, 2010 12:38 PM

Oct 2009
I'm glad everything worked out in the end and we got a happy ending.
May 25, 2010 1:17 PM

Aug 2008
this anime was so borring i barrely managed to finish all episodes, they are same depressing characters drag around all time even when they need haste and it ended same.
May 28, 2010 4:49 AM
Jan 2010
Good ending, I really like it..
Life is empty without the crime and will also be dark without goodness.. Cool Anime..
May 30, 2010 5:16 PM

Apr 2008
It's a great series, it made me sleepy a few times, the slow atmosphere worked in Lain, but no here. If I was the director I would have cut this into 13 episodes.
7-10 Great series, you can't make this without pot.
Jun 13, 2010 12:43 AM
May 2010
TuzoAnime said:
the slow atmosphere worked in Lain, but no here.

To my opinion, the slow atmosphere is one of the strong point of this series. If it consists of 13 but not 22 episodes it would be much worse.
The low speed is the best way to show the hopelessness of the situation.
About episode: it was really sad. It is really awful to understand that you're the last human in this world and you have lost everybody you love.
I can't sleep after watching it. The last scene was before my eyes for about a three hours. I felt so bad and depressive.
But i like the end. It is very very sad, but excellent.
One of the best anime i've ever seen.
Jul 27, 2010 8:32 PM

Apr 2009
IMO..it's a nice ending but lain and Ergo are much better..there are some episodes that are boring but the ending has it all..

7/10 for me..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 1, 2010 3:14 AM

Nov 2009
I dont know what to do now... ;-;
Aug 2, 2010 4:20 AM

Aug 2009
Great Anime, although some episodes are technically shit...
this last episode, made go wtf.

Ichise doesn't deserve to suffer that much, I'm very fucking shocked that this is one of the dramatic ending since Chrno Crusade
Aug 18, 2010 10:49 PM

Jan 2009
Decent ending, I can't help but laugh at the sack of bullshit of everyone dying in the end. Theres a saying that goes like this " Life is shit, but like all things, it is constantly evolving, to what? we will never know, maybe to more shit".

Just think about it, Ichise never cared about things, not even to make them better even when people tried to help him . I'd say that life is all about Sugar and shit, you can eat one of them anytime.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Aug 19, 2010 9:17 AM
Jun 2010
7/10 for me. Good show, first time I see a "the human race is going to extinct" anime beside Elfen Lied. I guess I'll take a look at Ergo Proxy, Lain and Ghost in the Shell that people kept talking in this topic.
supersayenAug 21, 2010 1:54 PM

Oct 13, 2010 7:00 AM

Apr 2009
I'm sad... even though the ending was quite satisfying for me, so I should me rather... happy? But then, can anyone be happy after watching this anime? I really like stuff like this... dead cities etc... I wonder how I'd feel if I was there, at the very end.

9/10 for me... P.S. I was truly amazed by the surface city. Truly, truly amazed.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Texhnolyze Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

xXDaijinkazeXx - May 6, 2009

174 by chow141 »»
Apr 10, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Texhnolyze Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ston3_FreeN7 - Nov 14, 2009

66 by Sanak_ »»
Apr 4, 4:08 AM

» If you connected with any of these characters, why?

sheaswee - Feb 7

14 by KitsuFrost »»
Mar 31, 6:37 PM

Poll: » Texhnolyze Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

loghneckbeard - Apr 28, 2010

53 by I_is_lost »»
Jan 11, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Texhnolyze Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zepwich - Dec 9, 2009

63 by I_is_lost »»
Jan 11, 12:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.