Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 14, 2011 7:49 AM

May 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
As JTurner said, the dub wasn't as good. Seems like the VA were just reading off the script this time.

I also missed Deedlit's old VA
KinetaNov 25, 2012 10:27 AM
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Aug 22, 2011 3:25 AM

Dec 2010
Too bad the art isn't like the OVA or the OP/ED. The OP/ED art is nice.

But it's a TV series so the difference is to be expected.
Jan 17, 2012 2:45 PM
Jan 2008
Confucius said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
As JTurner said, the dub wasn't as good. Seems like the VA were just reading off the script this time.

I also missed Deedlit's old VA

Lisa Ortiz DOES reprise her role as Deedlit in the TV series, and is among the returning actors who gives one of the better performances in the show. But Parn's VA I liked better in the OVA; at least there he put more energy into his performance. Whereas here I felt he really didn't know where he wanted to go with "adult" Parn. He got a little better toward the end, but there were still some stiff lines.

Actually, the team involved was confused by the TV series; the VAs told me that they didn't know if it was a sequel or a remake. That could have been another problem.
Jun 18, 2013 6:38 AM

Sep 2012
Omg, the opening is so good Oo.
Oct 31, 2013 11:02 PM

Feb 2012
Arlia said:
Omg, the opening is so good Oo.

that opening must be the best intro to an anime ive ever heard. And thats something, the lyrics are just great and the music is.. well magical
Sep 16, 2014 7:33 PM

Mar 2013
After loving the Original Ova's, I must say I'm disappointed as I feared would be the case. The Seiyuu all feel off and can't hold a candle to the amazing originals cast. This isn't helped at all by the seemingly worse art and animation (7 years later yet it feels like it got much worse..). Doesn't help that the highest quality I have been able to find is garbage relative to the BD of the Ova. Additionally things are wildly different from the OVA in terms of chronology. Seemingly this is 5 years after the end of the Ova, but yet Orson and Shiris have yet to meet Deedlit and Parn...

Honestly I don't like Dropping series but this is a no go for me. For fans of the Lodoss Ova its likely best to just stick with it and skip this. For new viewers it's probably best to just watch the Ova which seems significantly better in everyway possible.
SlickDSep 16, 2014 7:49 PM
Jan 19, 2015 5:11 PM
Jan 2008
SlickDragon said:
After loving the Original Ova's, I must say I'm disappointed as I feared would be the case. The Seiyuu all feel off and can't hold a candle to the amazing originals cast. This isn't helped at all by the seemingly worse art and animation (7 years later yet it feels like it got much worse..). Doesn't help that the highest quality I have been able to find is garbage relative to the BD of the Ova. Additionally things are wildly different from the OVA in terms of chronology. Seemingly this is 5 years after the end of the Ova, but yet Orson and Shiris have yet to meet Deedlit and Parn...

Honestly I don't like Dropping series but this is a no go for me. For fans of the Lodoss Ova its likely best to just stick with it and skip this. For new viewers it's probably best to just watch the Ova which seems significantly better in everyway possible.

The dub actually does the opposite of the TV show in terms of the OVA cast; rather than replacing everybody, it gets most of the cast members back. So while LODOSS TV is by no means a great dub at all, it at least gets points for that. The OVA dub is the better one IMO.
Feb 25, 2017 1:29 AM

Dec 2015
First impression: what a great opening.
Right after: what? The third novel's prologue?! Is this The evil dragon of the Fire Dragon Mountain? Cecil? GREAT, it is !

After this beautiful opening (both musically and visually), the episode itself seemed lackluster. The look, in designs as well as the actual drawings, is far inferior to Yuki's work. The characters look so young but they're not far away from Izubuchi's original illustrations. On the other hand, Sheeris is sadly 90s ugly and doesn't look like any of her former designs. At least, it will be easier to animate, though I noticed a certain amount of long stills. While the music sounds alright (with already a distinguished track), the new seiyû (why??) don't: apart from Parn's voice, they are less appealing than the originals, Ashram's one being the worst (the original voice fitted better)
The visible choice to stick to the novelization of the Sceptre story is enough to keep me interested. In 27eps, I hope it will go further than the second book of this story since I never read "The Crystal Ball of the Soul", "The black master" and the second novel-only story thanks to the french publication's cancellation.

3.5/5 Because I have hopes for the story. As long as the tech quality doesn't decrease.
Rei_IIIFeb 25, 2017 1:34 AM
Jul 23, 2019 7:43 PM

Jul 2008
I had VHS of this way back, but only the first part. Back then I thought the intro was outstanding, but I didn't know it was one of best intro in anime at the time. Sadly, the content after the intro wasn't too great. The animation is worse than the OVA and not much happened in terms of story.
Mar 4, 2021 12:51 PM

Aug 2017
Character nameplates were funny to see. Reminded me of LOGH where many characters' names were shown on screen to make the viewers remember them xD

So, in the OVA Orson and Shiris are introduced defending the village, and now it's the opposite...Flying Deedlit! O_O

What do we have here? Chibi inserts scattared throughout every episode making them ~1.5 episode long in total?
Rei_III said:

On the other hand, Sheeris is sadly 90s ugly and doesn't look like any of her former designs. At least, it will be easier to animate, though I noticed a certain amount of long stills. While the music sounds alright (with already a distinguished track), the new seiyû (why??) don't: apart from Parn's voice, they are less appealing than the originals, Ashram's one being the worst (the original voice fitted better)

And here I am liking Shiris' design (not compared to the OVA but it's decent in and of itself). Though I agree about seiyuus.

The characters look so young

Except Deed - both in terms of her voice and appearance. Which is ironic given that she's an elf.
St0rmbladeMar 4, 2021 3:02 PM
Oct 12, 2021 12:16 AM
Apr 2018
I'm thankful to this show, an 'ancestor' of many great fantasy shows that exists today.
Jul 4, 2023 6:20 AM
Dec 2015
VA for Parn is no where near as good as the one from the OVA

More topics from this board

» is this sequel or remake of OVA?

wolfwing - May 23, 2018

4 by MrCruesliPants »»
Mar 11, 1:01 PM

Poll: » Lodoss-tou Senki: Eiyuu Kishi Den Episode 27 Discussion

greenmarty - Aug 22, 2012

9 by Kamirura »»
Oct 27, 2023 1:24 PM

Poll: » Lodoss-tou Senki: Eiyuu Kishi Den Episode 25 Discussion

Doutei-kun - Oct 12, 2021

2 by ChrisDC »»
Feb 24, 2023 2:58 PM

Poll: » Lodoss-tou Senki: Eiyuu Kishi Den Episode 20 Discussion

Confucius - Sep 18, 2011

9 by ChrisDC »»
Feb 22, 2023 7:22 PM

Poll: » Lodoss-tou Senki: Eiyuu Kishi Den Episode 7 Discussion

Confucius - Aug 16, 2011

7 by ChrisDC »»
Feb 21, 2023 10:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.