Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Aug 14, 2011 9:21 PM

Jul 2010
That hamster looks a lot like Amaimon. It's so cute!
Aug 14, 2011 9:59 PM

Dec 2007
Celestial88 said:
At this point its pretty obvious that the anime is going in a different direction than the Manga. There's been way too many changes to just casually go back. Most of this stuff which seems pretty story relevant never happened in the Manga. Even the whole warming up to Rin Thing. Its all supposed to happen in Kyoto. So everyone should stop shouting filler and just enjoy the ride lol.

So is Yukio going demon or something? The guy doing his regular checkups is obviously slipping.

It's getting too close to the manga. This is going to be a filler arc to give the manga time to get ahead.

No clue how they are going to transition into the impure king arc though. Since the whole beginning is about Rin earning their trust back.
mokuzu-Aug 14, 2011 10:04 PM
Aug 14, 2011 10:22 PM

Aug 2010
mmm this one was kinda cheesy lol

I totally see Yukio turning into a final boss or something that would be awesome
Aug 14, 2011 10:24 PM

Apr 2011
AAAMAAIMOON!

teh hamster ?

lol whatever, as long as my fav character is back in the show, I'm happy!!

Most of the Manga fanboys must've dropped Ao No Ex seeing as there is less moaning then the last eps ^.^

-kaydee
Aug 14, 2011 10:30 PM

Apr 2011
Yeah, as far as developments go, we do know that Yukio's armpit is getting worse ... it looked like he was doing all he could to keep from collapsing while he was watching Rin train. Maybe Rin got the powers and with Yukio, it's more like a flesh-eating demon-disease. If he's getting weekly checkups tho, it makes me wonder why nobody's noticed he has the devil-boubons.

Like I said, Neko was annoying to me up until this episode, but I actually felt for him this time around. *shrugs* Though yes, Rin needed to just yell "Don't you guys see the giant raven over his shoulder?!?" to at least clue them in to what was going on. He doesn't seem to even realize when he's seeing or hearing things the others don't, though. The crow must've been in stealth mode, though it probably wasn't too hard to hide with Rin going full flame on mode there. I recall Rin talked down a few demons without anyone even being aware they were speaking beyond growls.

Hamaimon ftw!
Aug 14, 2011 10:39 PM

Aug 2011
TheInsaneKitsune said:
I HATED IT
GODDAMN NEKO
GTFO YOU PUSSY BITCH
DAMN BETA FAGGOT SHOULD HAVE LEFT
GODDAMN SO MUCH FILLER
AND RIN WHY DONT YOU JUST FUCKING PRACTICE
THERES ONLY SO MUCH YOU SHOULDNT TAKE SERIOUSLY YOU TWAT
HE HATES IT HE HATES IT HE HATES IT HE HATES IT
U GUYS SEE THIS THE BADF SPEELLING, RANDOM CURSE WORDS AND ALL FUCKING GOD DAMN CAPS MAKES MY COMMENT MORE CRECIBLE AND EASIAR TO READ,

seriously why do people do that, they just come off like they are a really mad 12 year old, also i agree with everyone else, amimon hamster is awesome,

also i love how people are still complaining about the manga, jesus christ get over it, the animes different, big woop, enjoy them as two separate entities,

Celestial88 said:
At this point its pretty obvious that the anime is going in a different direction than the Manga. There's been way too many changes to just casually go back. Most of this stuff which seems pretty story relevant never happened in the Manga. Even the whole warming up to Rin Thing. Its all supposed to happen in Kyoto. So everyone should stop shouting filler and just enjoy the ride lol.

So is Yukio going demon or something? The guy doing his regular checkups is obviously slipping.
wait your just relising that now? not trying to sound like a douch but.....have you been paying attention at all over the past 2 weeks?
longshoremanXAug 14, 2011 10:44 PM
Aug 14, 2011 11:34 PM

Apr 2009
Whats going on with Yukio?!

Hamster!Amaimon is adorable.
Aug 15, 2011 12:03 AM

Aug 2011
Shancakeschan said:
Whats going on with Yukio?!

Hamster!Amaimon is adorable.
its pretty obvious whats going on with yukio, hes abtaining satan's power, it probably waited to give him powers so his body could handle it,

im not stating somthing from the manga im seriously just going off on a theory
Aug 15, 2011 12:25 AM

Oct 2009
Amaimon was adorable in this ep XD! oh and Rin was awesome like always haha.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 15, 2011 12:38 AM

Feb 2011
It's still possible that they can stay faithful to the manga. They can end this filler arc by causing Rin to suddenly lose his friends' trust, and that will lead into whatever arc for some reason necessitates their being angry. Assuming it gets renewed for a second season.
I don't care about manga loyalty. I laugh when people point me in the direction of a cliche and then I argue with them for five minutes about how pointing out cliches has become a cliche.
I am glad that people are more sensible though. It's true that they should have drawn out that fight instead of having him kill everything in one slash, but I don't think this is a sitcom ending. There will be some slight changes.
I'm not excited for filler arc, but hey... more Ao no Exorcist is more Ao no Exorcist.
4/5
If you lived in your computer, you'd be home already.
Aug 15, 2011 12:39 AM
Sep 2009
WoofSadaharu said:
Orphina said:
What's up with Yukio? Am I the only one who noticed he ran off to the bathroom right before Rin was attacked?
Not to mention it showed what I thought was a burn from Rin last episode. Is he getting ill?
Or, rather, is he coming into his own power?
SOMUCHCONFUSIONGAHH.

LOL didn't you see ep 17? There was clearly something wrong with him. Some black spots appeared on his body...

That's what I meant by a burn from Rin, since it happened after Rin burned his clothes off. But I suspected it was something else entirely. :P
Aug 15, 2011 12:45 AM

Apr 2011
TypeOfCicada said:
I laugh when people point me in the direction of a cliche and then I argue with them for five minutes about how pointing out cliches has become a cliche.

^ THIS!
Aug 15, 2011 12:45 AM

Feb 2009
YES Amaimon's back!
Aug 15, 2011 12:53 AM

Jul 2009
kittybell said:
YES Amaimon's back!

Why does everybody care for this irrelevant stupid piece of shit?

Fangirls I swear I don't know what you people find attractive/interesting about him.

ANYYYYYYWHORE, fucking Konekomarurara should just die. That fag and his drama wasted almost a whole episode.
Aug 15, 2011 1:09 AM

Feb 2009
WoofSadaharu said:
kittybell said:
YES Amaimon's back!

Fangirls I swear I don't know what you people find attractive/interesting about him.

ANYYYYYYWHORE, fucking Konekomarurara should just die. That fag and his drama wasted almost a whole episode.

Maybe because he's an interesting character that actually put up a fight against the main character the first time around. By interesting I mean quirky, a psycho nonchalant character will be entertaining cause you never know what they'll do next.

Although, I admit, I don't think he'll contribute much as a hamster it was funny to see him and tribute was payed.
Aug 15, 2011 1:15 AM

May 2010
13man18 said:
I think they trust him now. The only ones that didn't trust him were Konekomaru and hes such a baby. My face when that hamster is Amaimon.

WHAT he become a hamster !!? O_o
Aug 15, 2011 1:19 AM

Jul 2009
kittybell said:

Maybe because he's an interesting character that actually put up a fight against the main character the first time around.

Did you see what Rin did to him? It was a one-sided battle LOL.
Aug 15, 2011 1:22 AM

Aug 2011
WoofSadaharu said:
kittybell said:

Maybe because he's an interesting character that actually put up a fight against the main character the first time around.

he said first time around, firts time amaimon abosulty destroyed rin, seocond fight it was swapped, 3rd fight rin just annihilates him
Aug 15, 2011 2:10 AM

Feb 2010
... i was going to be positive about this anime original path...

AND THEN

i saw next episode preview.

REALLY? filler inside a filler? lame
Aug 15, 2011 2:18 AM

Apr 2011
Decent episode, next episode doesn't seem all that interesting, sopefully it will be funny though.
Aug 15, 2011 2:29 AM

Apr 2011
Well quite good episode... I'm really sad that it will have only 25 but ok... And Amaimon as hamster was so cute... I'm wondering what those marks on Yukio's back are(?)...And the next episode it might be funny as I see in the trailer...
Aug 15, 2011 3:21 AM

Apr 2009
Thank God, something interesting is finally happening to Yukio.

Aug 15, 2011 3:59 AM

Apr 2011
WoofSadaharu said:

Ok, I guess I'm a male fangirl... -______-

Anywhore ? no idea what youtube person you've been watching/idolizing *cough*RWJ*cough...
Aug 15, 2011 4:15 AM

Jul 2009
longshoremanX said:
WoofSadaharu said:
kittybell said:

he said first time around, firts time amaimon abosulty destroyed rin, seocond fight it was swapped, 3rd fight rin just annihilates him

If that's what both of you are talking about, then no, that's pretty cliche as well. Remember Ichigo vs Byakuya first fight? Remember Reborn? Fairy Tail? Beelzebub and any other shonen out there?

If you really think about it, it's not that... big of a deal..
Aug 15, 2011 6:47 AM
Feb 2008
Kaydee-san said:
AAAMAAIMOON!

teh hamster ?

lol whatever, as long as my fav character is back in the show, I'm happy!!

-kaydee

I thought that too ^^

At least the did a better job with the fillers than in Naruto & Co. If I hadn't read it here I wouldn't have known that this episode was a filler.
Aug 15, 2011 8:54 AM

Aug 2010
i'm just loling at all the magna purists that expect it to go exactly to the manga. If it was a finished manga then i could understand their bitching...
Aug 15, 2011 12:33 PM

Aug 2011
WoofSadaharu said:
longshoremanX said:
WoofSadaharu said:
kittybell said:

If that's what both of you are talking about, then no, that's pretty cliche as well. Remember Ichigo vs Byakuya first fight? Remember Reborn? Fairy Tail? Beelzebub and any other shonen out there?

If you really think about it, it's not that... big of a deal..
calling that cliche is really being picky

thats like saying darker than black is cliche cause hei wins fights
Aug 15, 2011 2:05 PM

Jul 2010
Koneko could indeed have said that a demon controlled him the first time but then there wouldn't be scene where they could blame Rin again now would there? Or Rin could have said it. Anyway. Even though I don't really like his character, it was a nice episode nonetheless. Amaimon the hamster took the spotlight for sure.

Next week's episode is called "A day when nothing happens". Dare I say filler? =P
OnyxthegreatAug 15, 2011 2:20 PM

Aug 15, 2011 2:16 PM

Jun 2009
Finally ocassion comes, and Konekomaru doesn't die. Just why? :<
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Aug 15, 2011 2:30 PM

Aug 2008
lol I didn't realize the hamster was Amaimon until I read the posts here. Doesn't he ever die? Seriously he keeps appearing again and again.
Aug 15, 2011 3:05 PM

Jul 2009
longshoremanX said:
calling that cliche is really being picky

thats like saying darker than black is cliche cause hei wins fights

No, not really. First fights always end up like that. Don't you find it a bit repetitive? Why can't it be the second one? Or third one? Why must always be the first one? O_o If that's the thing fangirls like about him, then so be it. But I must say that's a bit shallow.

Anywhore, Hei is awesome. And protagonists MUST always win. No need to drag him.
Aug 15, 2011 3:26 PM

Sep 2009
I thought the episode was okay, although the old attack-without-explanation-then-receive-mistrust scenario is frustrating and worn out. And all the one slash kills are annoying the heck out of me. But overall, not too bad. I'm really interested in the Yukio's powers thing they've been hinting at, one of the few anime additions I really like. Not psyched for another filler, especially since there's only so many episodes left. I guess this means a second season?
Aug 15, 2011 6:18 PM

Mar 2010
Bitch ass Koneko needs to get his pussy little mouth slapped.
Unph.
Yeah I said it!
OMG CAN I HAVE LIKE 8 OF THESE?!?!

Lmao, the title for next week's episode isn't too promising...

Aug 15, 2011 9:35 PM

Sep 2009
@ Fishcaek : All I really had to say about the episode on in simple gif. Lmao xD)-b
Aug 16, 2011 1:13 AM

Aug 2010
nice episode, some kind of character development stuff. However I wished Konekomaru were gone, he is really annoying.
Something bad is going to happen with Yukio, oh nooo!

Next episode is filler -_- damn
Aug 16, 2011 3:03 AM

Jul 2007
Good episode, quite enjoyable & small character development. Hopefully they can move along past the 'trust' episodes and get into the action :)
Aug 16, 2011 6:29 AM

Sep 2006
If they want a anime-only ending they should make it epic. Not this dilly dallying and trying to drag each episode out.
Aug 16, 2011 7:36 AM

Mar 2010
Unoriginal thread not having anything to do with story + Five-minute monologue by Rin about the love / friendship / not judging by appearances / other shyt + trashy demon defeated by only one cut (time is pressing!) + "Touching" scene at the end = Ugly filler

I have a bad feeling that we will get only fillers until the end. There was only 4-5 episodes to end, and producers need to finish the story "brilliantly", even if the manga has just started. And we will wait for "Ao no Exorcist: Brotherhood"
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 16, 2011 8:09 AM

Jun 2008
Amaimon hamster! O u O
Aug 16, 2011 10:29 AM
Jun 2008
What's with the hate of poor Koneko. ?? hahah I like to bully weak people in the old day as well .
I wonder those human experiment will lead to what kind of story development? X-men? lol

Chibi-Alice said:
Amaimon hamster! O u O
this lol
same color like Amaimon, act like Amaimon , look like Amaimon .Unfortunately,its not same species like Amaimon >_<
Aug 16, 2011 10:57 AM

Jun 2008
Ahhh man this anime is so overrated...
Aug 16, 2011 11:23 AM
Jan 2011
katsu044 said:
my face for this whole episode

Ok, so who's this guy?
Aug 16, 2011 2:04 PM

Mar 2011
Predictable. TOO DAMN PREDICTABLE. Glasses kid is such a weak character. Did not enjoy this episode at all. Other than the snippets with Rin .. glasses kid...he's such a coward. I guess they wanted us to feel the fear and power of the son of Satan..but glasses kid was just getting on my nerves. HIS NAME EVEN AIN'T MEMORABLE. ><

-Fight-o, Rin.

-Does anyone else have the feeling Amaimon got turned into that green hamster for Mephisto's (whatever his name is....) pure enjoyment? I think so ;)
Aug 16, 2011 4:15 PM

Jul 2009
Eh... I hope that was filler... I'd lose hope in this series if that was serious.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Aug 16, 2011 6:10 PM

Apr 2011
Well I don't like Konekomaru and I hate fillers (Hopefully it was a filler, besides the laboratory), but the episode was okay. Could be worse :D
Anyway...that hamster/mouse is really suspicious and I feel revenge in the air. ;D

Aug 16, 2011 7:03 PM

Jan 2011
Orzi said:

I have a bad feeling that we will get only fillers until the end. There was only 4-5 episodes to end, and producers need to finish the story "brilliantly", even if the manga has just started. And we will wait for "Ao no Exorcist: Brotherhood"

No, if anything, we'll just get an original ending to this series.

People are confusing changed material for filler, yes there is a difference people. Changed material is anime original material, but it does further the plot. Filler on the other hand is original material that serves absolutely no point to the plot, and is usually "forgotten" about or can even contradict future or past revelations....

Even with the changes from the manga, this story is still proceeding and is flowing well, compare that to Naruto, where Filler contradict parts of its own anime. Now thats bad filler.
Aug 17, 2011 2:56 AM

Mar 2010
Tenchi_Ryu said:

No, if anything, we'll just get an original ending to this series.

People are confusing changed material for filler, yes there is a difference people. Changed material is anime original material, but it does further the plot. Filler on the other hand is original material that serves absolutely no point to the plot, and is usually "forgotten" about or can even contradict future or past revelations....

Even with the changes from the manga, this story is still proceeding and is flowing well, compare that to Naruto, where Filler contradict parts of its own anime. Now thats bad filler.

In polish fandom we use term "filler" for any non-manga material. I know it can be confusing, especially for english language speaking people, but so... It's my bad habit. I will try to use the correct form, sorry.

The Naruto fillers are detached from the plot, because there are no limit to 26 episodes, and then they are going to continue the main thread in the future. AnE anime producers haven't intentions like that, so they can do their own end connected to the canon story. But, in my opinion, their own work is nothing more than gibberish typical for shounen-anime stereotypes.
Aug 17, 2011 9:55 AM

Jul 2011
I can't imagine how to end this anime in more 7 episodes. Rin must defeat Satan and can't even control your own powers. He's just a Esquire.

And about his other "brothers" from Gehenna? Yukio's powers? That misterious lab who appear in last episode? Will Bon, Shiemi and the others trust again in Rin? Questions, questions questions...

I really would enjoy if Ao no Exorcist have a second season like Bakuman.
Aug 17, 2011 10:43 AM
Jun 2008
raffinhaselistre said:
He's just a Esquire.
and Naruto is still genin after watching more than 100+ episode lol .
Aug 17, 2011 12:07 PM

Jul 2011
But in case of Naruto, he already control and uses Kyuuby's Chackra very well and can fight in a lot of battles against hundred of enemies. We can say he is practically a Jounin in terms of power and experience. Pratically, ok? [?]

Rin is another case. He can't control the demoniac powers very well and doesn't have any expressive fighting skills who can help him to win a fight against Satan (suposition). In my opinion he still is in the Esquire level.
oponionsAug 17, 2011 12:57 PM
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 31, 2011

191 by XILG »»
Apr 16, 11:29 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 22, 2011

202 by XILG »»
Apr 11, 7:51 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Zeando - May 1, 2011

239 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:43 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Apr 24, 2011

310 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:41 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 17, 2011

302 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.