Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 12, 2011 9:50 PM
May 2011
so as the title says im am tired of "save the world" crap, i am looking for something with evil protagonist. he doesn't necessarily need to be "evil" just evil from the point of view of the rest of the world would be enough like Death Note( where main kills bad guys and later needs to kill good guys to protect himself form getting caught). i guess animes like Angel Densetsu would count too(the mains good intending actions gets misjudged as evil because of how he looks). DON'T recommend me based on my list, i want to compile a list for anyone looking for something similar.

Introducing Evil-O-Meeter(EOM for short) on a scale of 1 to 10
1 - having good intentions with bad outcome
3 - evil actions here and there
5 - generally evil
10 - super duper end of the world evil

ANIME:
TriGun (EOM 1)
Death Note (EOM 9)
Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom (EOM 9)
Angel Densetsu (EOM 1)
Demon King Daimao (EOM 1)
Akagi (EOM 3)
One Outs(EOM 2 )
Hellsing Ultimate (EOM 6)
Rurouni Kenshin (EOM 2)
Samurai Champloo (EOM 3)
Code geass (EOM 9)
Sands of Destruction (EOM 8)
the magical witch punie (EOM 8)
Desert Punk (EOM 7)
Gankutsuou (EOM 2)
Afro Samurai (EOM 3)
Yondemasu yo, Azazel-san (EOM 4)
Level E (EOM 5)
Umineko no Naku Koro ni (EOM 8)
Cossette no Shouzou (EOM 5)
Shigurui: Death Frenzy (EOM 6)
Golgo 13 (EOM 8)
Ichi the Killer: Episode 0 (EOM 7)
Basilisk (EOM 4)
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (EOM 9)
Detroit Metal City (EOM 1)
Beelzebub (EOM 3)

MANGA:
Hajimete no Aku (EOM 6)
Code: Breaker (EOM 5)d
ras869Aug 25, 2011 11:45 AM
Aug 12, 2011 9:56 PM

Dec 2010
I'm confused on adding Trigun there. He's the very definition of "super good guy".
If you mean how everyone think's he's bad, sure.

You can just throw in Rurouni Kenshin too if that's the case. Especially Trust and Betrayal.

Akagi
One Outs
Hellsing Ultimate
Samurai Champloo
Aug 12, 2011 9:59 PM

Aug 2011
notsureifsrs said:
I'm confused on adding Trigun there. He's the very definition of "super good guy".

You can just throw in Rurouni Kenshin too if that's the case. Especially Trust and Betrayal.

Akagi
One Outs
Hellsing Ultimate
Samurai Champloo
i dont know kenshin is only the anti hero in trust and betrayal, He kills a few innocent people but he does relise all the crap he has done as being wrong, qhwn i think evil i think of light from death note where he thinks what hes doing is right but in reality hes just a sick and twisted individual,
Aug 12, 2011 10:09 PM

Dec 2009
i know you want anime but Hajimete no Aku manga fits perfect.
the main character Jiro Akuno is an evil scientist working for an organization bent on global domination.
the best way to describe it is like power rangers from the bad guys perspective

also it has the best start of any manga
storm_king1Aug 12, 2011 10:19 PM
Aug 12, 2011 10:21 PM
May 2011
longshoremanX said:
notsureifsrs said:

Akagi
One Outs
Hellsing Ultimate
Samurai Champloo
i dont know kenshin is only the anti hero in trust and betrayal, He kills a few innocent people but he does relise all the crap he has done as being wrong, qhwn i think evil i think of light from death note where he thinks what hes doing is right but in reality hes just a sick and twisted individual,

animes like death note is preferred but the anime world is dominated by good guys we will take what ever evil we can scrape up.
Aug 12, 2011 10:26 PM

Aug 2011
ras869 said:
longshoremanX said:
notsureifsrs said:

Akagi
One Outs
Hellsing Ultimate
Samurai Champloo

animes like death note is preferred but the anime world is dominated by good guys we will take what ever evil we can scrape up.
oh well no matter how many times fanboys try to defend it code geass's main charecter is not a good guy, he let sinnocents die and he uses people emotions or just straight up uses them to get his way only to stab them in the back, hes the villain pretty much, theres even a good hero guy in the story that try's to stop him all the time
longshoremanXAug 12, 2011 11:07 PM
Aug 12, 2011 10:39 PM
May 2011
5 - generally evil
Aug 12, 2011 10:53 PM

Dec 2009
Hajimete no Aku - i would give a 7 on evil meter cause they just want to rule the world not destroy it

Sands of Destruction- the main character Morte Asherah wants to destroy the world
so ill give it a 8 on the evil meter
storm_king1Aug 12, 2011 10:58 PM
Aug 13, 2011 7:31 AM
Aug 2011
the magical witch punie
At first she looks like a sweet inocent highschool girl but that changes quick.
I's give her an 8
VintagsRocksAug 13, 2011 7:35 AM
Aug 13, 2011 10:40 AM
May 2011
VintagsRocks said:
the magical witch punie
At first she looks like a sweet inocent highschool girl but that changes quick.
I's give her an 8

with a name like that i wouldn't have ever watched but since you gave it a EOM of 8 i had to check it out, you were right on the mark...lol thank you for the hidden gem
ras869Aug 13, 2011 11:52 AM
Aug 13, 2011 1:25 PM

Dec 2008
Sunabouzu
the main is that is kinda mean/evil
Aug 13, 2011 1:32 PM

Sep 2008
Detroit Metal City might fit the bill with Krauser III
Gankutsuou, if you consider Dantes' level of revenge to be evil.
Aug 13, 2011 1:39 PM

Dec 2008
those i saw when i skimmed my list:
Sunabouzu = 4
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni = 6
Afro Samurai = 3
Hellsing = 5
Dai Mahou Touge = 7
Yondemasu yo, Azazel-san = 4
Level E = 5
Umineko no Naku Koro ni = 8
Cossette no Shouzou = 5-6
Aug 13, 2011 1:58 PM

Mar 2009
Basilisk: Not that it's main characters are any evil, it's just that their only interest lies in killing one another. Certainly though, it is an anime that has none of the "save the world" crap.

Golgo 13: Now this is a must. Golgo 13 is not evil but he's definitely not good either. He's strictly a professional. No sensitivity, no emotions, no drama, no morals, no mercy either. He gets the job done and that's all there is to it.

Ichi the Killer: Episode 0: You might be familiar with it already from the movie. However if you're not... Ichi is one sick, perverted motherfucker. I would not consider him evil either, just insane and sick and on his insanity he doesn't tell innocent from guilty.

Shigurui: If there's one thing I can say for certain about this anime, is that there's not even one shred of goodness in it. All of its characters are bordering evil mentalities if they're not evil outright.
Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!
Aug 13, 2011 2:58 PM
May 2011
Desert Punk (EOM 4)
Gankutsuou (EOM 2)
Afro Samurai (EOM 3)
Dai Mahou Touge (EOM 7)
Level E (EOM 5)
Golgo 13 (EOM 8)
Ichi the Killer: Episode 0 (EOM 8)
Basilisk (EOM 4)
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (EOM 9) (this shit made me pee my pants!! EVIL i tell you EVIL!! you cant spell evil with out Higurashi no Naku Koro ni)

has been added
Aug 14, 2011 3:31 PM
Jul 2011
Anime and Manga Beelzebub 3
Manga Code: Breaker 5
Aug 14, 2011 6:52 PM

Mar 2009
Golgo 13 is my favorite
Also:
Gankutsuou
Shigurui

Cossette is pretty nasty too.

I didn't like Ichi the Killer but he certainly qualifies
-animeS - The plural of anime is anime. More than one deer is still deer. There is no damn "s".
-epic |ˈepik| noun•a work portraying heroic deeds/adventures covering an long period of time - adjective • heroic/grand in scale or character
Active Military, Prior Service, and Veteran's Anime Club
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=25937&time=1299710079
Aug 24, 2011 9:14 PM
May 2011
done watching them all, more recommendations are appreciated
Jul 18, 2012 11:29 AM
Mar 2012
Bastard! it has only 6 episodes but its a decent anime the main character can aslo be deemed evil/misunderstood

Aiki (manga)
the main character is a bastard in the purest sense of the word i dont know if he is really evil but just check it out and decide for your self
Jul 18, 2012 11:34 AM

Dec 2009
Tentai Senshi Sunred

The main character is super sentai member but with anti-hero attitude.
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains must be the truth.

I Like My Woman Strong, Flat-Chested, Tall, Slender and Scarred

Yuri & Yaoi Hater

dA: http://flame13th.deviantart.com
Blog: http://flame13th.blogspot.com
Jul 18, 2012 3:39 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Spoilers for Code Geass and Death Note below...

Guts is the main protagonist, but Griffith is definitely a main character and another protagonist. So, I'll suggest Berserk be added. Plus, Guts is no Choir Boy himself.

I'd say Guts (3), Griffith (10) for Berserk
Jul 18, 2012 6:03 PM
Sep 2009
Black Lagoon- A series taking place in the criminal underworld, so trust me when I say they'll be no saving of the world here. It deals with evil in a much more realistic light than in most other anime. As a plus..you get to see a certain character's slow progression into darkness.
Apr 23, 2013 12:06 PM
Apr 2013
No way is Lelouch from CG in any way evil... he is more just misunderstood. I loved Code Geass and Lelouch is the definition of anti-hero and he makes the best decisions possible with the sole exception of ignoring everything else when his idiotic, twisted evil sister Nunally gets in the way, though he does redeem himself of that towards the end. He only ever does things that make sense and never does anything remotely "evil" throughout the entire series. He's a dark hero. I really don't think Lelouch belongs anywhere on this list, though he certainly isn't a conventional hero, which I really like. Conventional heroes make foolish decisions that make no sense and are often incredibly stupid or annoying, especially where anime is concerned. I also dislike Light Yagam from Death Notei because unlike Lelouch, who never intentionally kills innocent people for his own cause, Light seems to delight in murdering people who simply disagree with him. Lelouch actually has a conscience. Light is definitely more of an evil protagonist than anything else I've ever seen. I never finished the anime though since he simply turned out to be too crazy for me so perhaps something is made clear later that changes things, I wouldn't know.
Apr 23, 2013 12:37 PM
Apr 2013
longshoremanX said:
ras869 said:
longshoremanX said:
notsureifsrs said:

Akagi
One Outs
Hellsing Ultimate
Samurai Champloo

oh well no matter how many times fanboys try to defend it code geass's main charecter is not a good guy, he let sinnocents die and he uses people emotions or just straight up uses them to get his way only to stab them in the back, hes the villain pretty much, theres even a good hero guy in the story that try's to stop him all the time

Definitely not. Suzaku works for Brittania and makes all sorts of terrible, even evil decisions despite his "heroic" exterior. He is the prime example of what people think a hero ought to be but definitely is not. He even kills millions with the flaya warhead. Though it was not intentional it was his own fault for agreeing to be involved in such a thing and the evil empire that created it. Lelouch makes only good, truly heroic (even if somewhat dark) decisions that make perfect sense and never kills or hurts anybody innocent intentionally. The standard hero like Suzaku is the embodiment of the fake hero that modern stories idolize because he never makes any real moral decisions; he only does things that appear good and avoids doing things that seem evil. He has no purpose but to serve. If you considered Suzaku a hero you did not pay attention. He is the one who truly does all sorts of villainous, foolish things. All Lelouch does is start a necessary war against a tyrant nation that has killed far more innocents than Lelouch could even be capable of. I challenge anybody to point out a situation where Lelouch actually made a moral mistake, with the sole exception of fawning over his idiot, twisted evil sister, Nunally, which was a huge mistake but something he later redeems himself for. I can probably refute it. There is always a good reason for everything Lelouch does, and his deception is necessary. Suzaku even realizes his folly later on, when he joins Lelouch to save the world with deception. Suzaku is the clear anti-villain who attempts to redeem himself later, to anybody who actually pays attention to the show.
Jan 27, 2016 11:44 AM
Jan 2016
I think the future diary because in the end he kills his friends(all of them including sniff sniff Akise.)
Matho_Da_BeastJan 27, 2016 11:47 AM
May 15, 2016 11:55 PM

Jun 2012
I believe Ainz from Overlord deserve a spot on this list, but not sure how to judge his Evulness :P
"Dont wait for the knight in shining armour to come and save you, be the knight in shining armour, and save yourself."
- American newscaster responding to the Anonymous group.
May 16, 2016 3:13 AM

Oct 2015
This topic is old. Ooold. And OP has not been seen for two years, so unlikely they'll ever edit the first post and complete the list. Anyone interested in that and willing to keep it up I suggest making a new topic, so gathered info can be compiled into a first post.

Anyways :

Blood Lad - EOM is low - a sloppy, sleezy vampire otaku - ultimately a likeable "good guy", but seen as badass evil. violence and ruthless behaviour. It stops at ep12, and I have not read the manga or whatever the source is.

Hataraku Maou-sama - EOM probably low. He is the demon lord, but ever since stranded in this world (Japan, of course) acts nice and friendly. (am only 5 episodes in, and do not know the manga or whatever the source)

High School DxD.

After all, when Demon King Daimao made it to the list, than these three should also qualify.
BannoBunka_snorkMay 16, 2016 3:17 AM
*darn, using my right hand is off-limits for a while. Typing with my left hand only is ... eww.*
Jan 13, 2017 7:32 PM
Jan 2017
Youjo Senki: Saga of Tanya the Evil
Mar 2, 2018 9:38 AM
Jul 2017
ras869 said:
so as the title says im am tired of "save the world" crap, i am looking for something with evil protagonist. he doesn't necessarily need to be "evil" just evil from the point of view of the rest of the world would be enough like Death Note( where main kills bad guys and later needs to kill good guys to protect himself form getting caught). i guess animes like Angel Densetsu would count too(the mains good intending actions gets misjudged as evil because of how he looks). DON'T recommend me based on my list, i want to compile a list for anyone looking for something similar.

5 - generally evil

ANIME:
TriGun (EOM 1)
Death Note (EOM 9)
Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom (EOM 9)
Angel Densetsu (EOM 1)
Demon King Daimao (EOM 1)
Akagi (EOM 3)
One Outs(EOM 2 )
Hellsing Ultimate (EOM 6)
Rurouni Kenshin (EOM 2)
Samurai Champloo (EOM 3)
Code geass (EOM 9)
Sands of Destruction (EOM 8)
the magical witch punie (EOM 8)
Desert Punk (EOM 7)
Gankutsuou (EOM 2)
Afro Samurai (EOM 3)
Level E (EOM 5)
Golgo 13 (EOM 8)
Ichi the Killer: Episode 0 (EOM 7)
Basilisk (EOM 4)
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (EOM 9)
Detroit Metal City (EOM 1)
Beelzebub (EOM 3)

MANGA:
Hajimete no Aku (EOM 6)
Code: Breaker (EOM 5)d

fate zero is probably (eom 5)

Kiritsugu (EOM 4)was know for bombs in public places for executing prisoners and the show ended with him accidentally killing hundreds if not thousands by accident
Mar 2, 2018 9:40 AM
Jul 2017
Berserk eom8
btw code geass should not have eom 9 more like 5 or 6 (well i guess by accident 8 or 9 yeah...)
Mar 2, 2018 9:44 AM
Jul 2017
*SPOILERS*
end of evangelion/neon genesis evangelion

shinji EOM 10
-masturbated over his 14yo comatose friend
-destroyed the world???????????????

More topics from this board

» Series with cute clothing and art style?

StrawberryBlxxd - Apr 16

12 by boguda »»
26 minutes ago

» Best mystery/detective series I haven't seen yet?

Curlybrace101 - Apr 4

10 by boguda »»
31 minutes ago

» Recommend me an anime based on my favorites!

iamnottesslol - Apr 21

10 by boguda »»
36 minutes ago

» if anyone is into some messed up manhwas read I Tamed My Ex-Husband's Mad Dog

Rijouku - Apr 1

2 by Rijouku »»
2 hours ago

» Girls with guns and knives

LoveYourEyes - Yesterday

4 by Zarutaku »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.