Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 11, 2009 8:15 PM

Jun 2009
Ended up enjoying this, but that doesn't really forgive its glaring flaws, gave it a 7. Kinda surprised now that the majority of votes gave this show a 8-10.. really doesn't deserve it. Twilights popular too, so thats probably why, vampires ftw?

Onto s2.
Nov 14, 2009 10:58 AM
Oct 2009
I agree with brinan, about the twilight part, but i LOVED the 13 episode! Especially when zero bites kaname's neck!

Bye,
you know you love me,
Chocolatechick

Mod edit : Added spoiler tags
NayahNov 27, 2009 7:53 AM
Nov 27, 2009 7:21 AM

Aug 2009
up to the last episode people are still moaning about the animation quality? -_-
that's why i try to avoid anime series discussion threads if it is an manga adaptation, people always say that the anime is inferior.. why don't you try being an animator? you say it sucks but you don't know how hard it is to animate a manga... and here people are always discussing the difference between the manga and anime instead of discussing the anime itself... and the most irritating part, the FUCKING SPOILERS (that especially goes for you manga readers) -_-

btw, maria-san is ♥
yuki is like tomboyish for me...
if its yuki somehow it is very predictable (cliche)...
over all it was good 7/10
Dec 17, 2009 3:11 PM

Nov 2009
WOW i feel so bad for... every1!!! X3
Jan 7, 2010 4:45 PM

Jul 2009
Alright...I'll admit it. The only reason I stayed with this anime through all 13 episodes is because of the hot boys 8|

...Okay, maybe not XD Though it did contribute a lot. However, I can honestly say that if I didn't enjoy Zero's storyline and character so much, I probably would have dropped the series a while back. A lot of people said they didn't like him because he got so melodramatic and such towards the end...which I can see how you'd feel that way. But it didn't really bother me, seeing as it fit his personality and situation well enough. It's not like he was going all emo over nothing o__o

The reason I gave the series a 7 instead of an 8 or 9 was Yuuki. I don't know if there are any hardcore fans of her out there, but I can't stand her. She's way too reminiscent of a thousand other Mary-Sue type girls out there (in both anime and other forms), and my brain can't help but scream "BELLA" and writhe in agony every time Zero or Kaname talks about her. (For the four or five people out there who haven't read/seen Twilight: Bella is the main character. She is perfect. Her blood smells good. She is desired by everyone. Blah blah blah.)

On the topic of animation: it did annoy me at some points. In some scenes their huge eyes were just downright creepy, but I think I just learned to accept it as the show went on.

That's really all I have to say. I loved Zero's story, but (most of) the rest, like Yuuki and Kaname's relationship, just bored or annoyed me. I'll probably end up watching season two just to see where Zero goes, but I have a feeling Yuuki is going to be more of the focal point of the rest of the series than anyone else...which I definitely won't enjoy. All in all, I don't regret watching it :)
Jul 29, 2010 8:41 AM
Aug 2009
Wasn't expecting Zero to bute Kaname at the end but still at least he might be mad anymore. This anime was really good but some episodes were boring though and slow paced at times when it should not have been. Season 2 next.
Feb 20, 2011 10:01 AM

May 2008
I sqealed like a fangirl at the Zero/Kaname part :D
I don't think this anime deserves a 9, but I gave it one anyway, simply because I really enjoyed watching it: there were plenty of vampire bishies, I liked Zero's story and somehow Yuuki didn't annoy me as much as I thought she would...
Feb 23, 2011 1:15 AM

Oct 2008
Onto season 2~
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Mar 3, 2011 7:22 PM

Aug 2010
This is a pretty good show, better then i expected. Zero is the best character.
Apr 7, 2011 9:20 AM

Aug 2010
So the 1st season ended. Kaname is truly amazing I like that part 'bout him. He'll do anything for Yuki. What a good guy.
Jun 24, 2011 1:32 PM

Nov 2007
LolitaDecay said:
Urge to put that up to an 8 after the Kaname/Zero moment. Ohohohohoho~

my thoughts exactly...lol
but then i was like...nah...it probably does not even deserve the 7 anyway.

I facepalmed a lot during the whole thing...shoujo anime is really not my thing (watched it just because it was on TV).
Anyway,i was pleasantly surprised when i heard the ending...being Wakeshima Kanon fan and having no idea her song happened to be in the anime.

Fave character?...Ichijou...because he was least emo.
Aug 11, 2011 9:58 PM

May 2011
Hmm, for a shoujo it has a pretty interesting idea. I don't read the manga so I don't really care about all the bitching about quality and scenes being changed. I didn't notice anything wrong with it and enjoyed it. I will be watching S2 shortly.

School setting, some plot, nice music, cute girl, some blood and epic characters like Kaname, Zero's Master, the Chairman and Zero himself.

8/10. Depending on how S2 turns out, the rating might change.
Aug 24, 2011 11:46 PM

Nov 2010
*sigh*... shouldn't have listened to my friend to watch this series... Man, this is total BS when your a shounen freak like me and yet many people give too much credit due to its unique shoujo plot develpment (would have fallen asleep if it wasn't for the coffee though)

Oh well, I don't mean to criticize the series about the plot and settings being way too romantic and emo, but I think it was not that awful overall if you ask me. I mean, you have some expectations of action when you get to know about series involving vampires, not romantic crushes the males have on females... Yeah, and it creeped me out every time when they hinted some of this 'yaoi' air into it.. Ugh.
Apr 2, 2012 5:13 AM

Jul 2011
let me start by saying i hate YAOI but that zeroXkaname scene was HAWT x 10
anyways i give the series 6/10 since the only thing that kept me watching was the hot guys and the 5 cups of hot chocolate
Apr 8, 2012 12:53 PM

Mar 2012
Am I the only one who thinks Yuki is adorable? Well I don't mind.. hoho
I actually didn't remember what happened here coz it was already 2 days ago since I finished this season, but I do remember that neck biting between zero and kaname,. hoho :D
Jul 13, 2012 8:49 PM

Feb 2011
Decent , but lefts alot of space for the second season , i'll look forward to it
Jul 26, 2012 2:19 PM

May 2012
Nice ending but it was really made to get a second season! So up to the second one :D
Sep 2, 2012 10:40 AM

Jan 2012
if Twilight saga is 0/10

then this series is 0.5/10

and I'm being very generous

If you're a straight male and you rate this more than 5/10, then you might want to reevaulate your sexual preference ASAP.

full blown homos and females please ignore this post.
Jan 11, 2013 1:36 AM

Dec 2012
This anime was a lot better than I originally expected. Definitely going to watch the next season. Overall I rate it 8/10.
"When life gives you lemons, make orange juice, then sit back and watch the world wonder how you did it."
Mar 20, 2013 1:19 PM

Jun 2009
I don't know about the manga but the ending of this flick was pretty boring, It didn't even look like an ending. We never got to know what was the nature of the relationship between Kanome and Shizuka apart from the fact that they are both pure blood vampire. What was their seemingly rivalry about? Why did she have to hide?
And what is Kanome hiding or achieving by killing her in discreed? What is this "something" that both Kanome and Shizuka came looking for in this academy that Hanabousa was talking about???
We are left in the dark. No explanation whatsoever.
Nov 2, 2013 5:51 AM

Jan 2013
meneope said:
I don't know about the manga but the ending of this flick was pretty boring, It didn't even look like an ending. We never got to know what was the nature of the relationship between Kanome and Shizuka apart from the fact that they are both pure blood vampire. What was their seemingly rivalry about? Why did she have to hide?
And what is Kanome hiding or achieving by killing her in discreed? What is this "something" that both Kanome and Shizuka came looking for in this academy that Hanabousa was talking about???
We are left in the dark. No explanation whatsoever.
You did realize after your comment that there is a second season right?

Wow, I really like this anime 9/10. I would have hated it if I wouldn't know about the second season.
Aug 10, 2014 6:47 AM
Jan 2014
If anything, this anime is very entertaining, thanks to the flashy, almost shallow style of storytelling. While predictable and one-dimensional, the enjoyment is high - maybe too high.

[b]6/10
2SugoiToActSugoiAug 10, 2014 6:53 AM
moving on.
Jun 13, 2015 8:06 AM

Jun 2010
PandaPuff said:
LolitaDecay said:

Edit: Urge to put that up to an 8 after the Kaname/Zero moment. Ohohohohoho~

I sure did. Yum.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2015 11:50 AM

Dec 2013
i enjoyed this anime so much and shizuka's death was kinda sad (well..i never hated her since the begining :P ) but there are TWO things i didn't understand ;
First ; why is yuuki so useless ? she can only say 'kaname-senpai kaname-senpai' all the fuckin' 13 episodes ! ?
Second : why would two goddamn HAWT boys fall for such a NORMAL girl..
well, i think all shoujo manga main female characters are like that..
Anyway, overall,i give it 8/10..it was quite enjoyable for a shoujo ..
Nov 9, 2015 4:30 PM

Dec 2014
I watched the anme by skipping through it
Aug 12, 2016 2:02 AM
Oct 2014
i cant be the only one who is vex that kaname didnt dance with luca
Aug 14, 2016 8:48 AM

Jun 2012
it seems this show has a lot of people who don't like it i see many bad comments XD

anyway i might be the only one but i found it a pretty good watch not the best but have seen much worse and there is also season 2 which got my hopes up for a nice closure and answers to my questions.

8/10 next season probably a 9/10 depending on what they do further with the story cause i am still interested also depends on how much further they develop there animation style cause last few episodes it got better.
RobertovkAug 14, 2016 9:01 AM
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Sep 23, 2016 10:18 PM
Feb 2013
Oh man, such a boring show, I'm definitely not gonna watch season 2.
Oct 17, 2016 7:14 PM

Aug 2013
Feels like the last five minutes of this episode where cut out, it's just that ending felt really abrupt. All in all I enjoyed this series, and I'm looking forward to watching Guilty.
May 17, 2017 2:27 PM

Jul 2013
Wow, Shizuka went poof in a weirdly pretty way.

So, Kaname's royal blood can also save Zero, that was a damn hot scene when he bit Kaname! but it was all for Yuki, not because Kaname likes him or anything.

Wow, they'd both do anything for that girl!

I can't wait to see the next season! <3
Aug 6, 2019 5:37 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
So this was a 7 for me.
looking forward to season 2.
After that I will read the manga aswell I guess I will may love it.
Saying that, it seems there is gonna be some stress in the vampire class can it be?
Zero becoming a vampire now? Oo
Wonder what will happen :o

Aug 16, 2020 12:55 PM
Oct 2019
1. This is a good show (7/10). That's not too say I like everything about it (see below), but the plot overall it's quite interesting. The plot itself is good enough to be an 8/10 or maybe higher. It's just constantly dragged down by the one thing I can't stand about this show...

2. I *HATE* Yuki. Cannot stand her. She has no clue what she's doing. She has no clue what's going on around her. Every single decision she makes is the wrong one. Her continued affection for Kaname, and her arousal at the thought of vampires drinking her blood, is beyond absurd.

3. I also didn't like Shizuka, and don't like Ichiru, Aido, or Kaname. But they're all bad and/or suspicious characters. They aren't the "heroine" like Yuki, so disliking them is normal. It's not upsetting like with Yuki.

4. I don't understand Kaname's plan at all. Don't understand what Shizuka was truly after. Don't understand what Headmaster Cross is up to. There's some plot in the background that has yet to be made clear (either that or I'm just as clueless and stupid as Yuki and can't figure it out on my own).

5. This is Zero's anime.

6. Season 2, let's roll!
Oct 4, 2020 12:28 PM

Oct 2019
All in all, it was okay. I absolutely adored the aesthetic and character designs though. Zero and the night class were a joy to watch, and they looked so cool! Not a bad ending either. The final scene between Zero and Koran was masterful, with a very nice choral piece playing. It was damn cool. I probably won’t watch season 2 but I definitely enjoyed the first season.
Oct 5, 2020 9:00 AM

Jan 2019
I’m looking forward to season two, but this episode was a drag. I would rate it 7/10 for its technicalities but since I really enjoyed the atmosphere of the show, I’m probably going to bump it up a point or two.
why am i plagued with furry jokes everywhere I go
Dec 26, 2020 10:07 AM
Dec 2020
J'ai beaucoup aimé cette série et j'attends la 3è saison même si la fin de la 2è saison ne m'a pas emballée vue que yuki semble rejeter kaname qui est l'élue de son coeur et elle se fiche de conséquence. Il y a aussi plusieurs énigmes qui n'ont pas été résolus tel le lien de Shizuoka et kaname en dehors de rudo;le directeur cross pourquoi il ne voulait plus être chasseur ;....
Dans l'ensemble je dirais que c'est 8/10.
Oct 2, 2022 9:43 AM

Jul 2020
Not much happened this season. Story didn’t turn into what I expected it to be. Really don’t like Yuki. Hopefully Season 2 is better with better animation too. I also want Yagari and the Headmaster to do more. Yagari is the most reasonable in the show.
May 18, 2023 6:37 PM
Dec 2021
I wasn't really expecting this kind of ending. Honestly, I was expecting more dramatic violent fight scenes or maybe even the students finding out about the vampires because it'd happen in front of everyone... but it was all over pretty quietly and peacefully. Well, I guess I'm too used to watching shonen. I still liked it though. 

I still don't have any particularly strong opinions about Yuuki. She's kinda dumb and indecisive, but also really cares about Zero, which I like. Also, I don't understand why the Headmaster is so completely ignorant about everything that's going on - either that, or leaving it to his students to deal with on their own on purpose?? Does he even know who Ichiro is and that he's there? 

And I was NOT expecting Zero getting chained in the basement either. I didn't think it'd get this bad? Also, I was kinda hoping that one student (forgot his name) would have come to the room in time, because it's just... how are they managing to keep it a secret forever???? And in the earlier episodes too, mf was stumbling around hallways like nobody's business. Not to mention the pills just being there scattered on the floor - which I get is for dramatic effects, but come on, what the hell would he say if anyone walked by? Why are none of the other vampires even slightly suspicious? 
Anyway.. yeah. It was a quite interesting scene. Seeing how he's acting at almost-level E. And Kaname of course being selfish as always

I have no idea what is Kaname's plan now. "I will destroy the one thing you despised without fail. The one who twisted the destiny of Purebloods." what the hell does that mean?? I still don't really like him very much, he's always seemed two-faced (acting calm while actually jealous and pissed off) but now even more with this. And making the report in a way that sounds like Zero killed Shizuka... so does really no one other than like 4 people know anything???? 

I hope that Day Class students end up finding about the existence of vampires sometime. It would add so much chaos - and I live for the chaos, lol.

Anyway, about the anime in general... I enjoyed watching it, I'm glad I was able to find something interesting that actually kept my attention enough to watch it in a few days instead of forgetting about it. Because that's what normally happens to me. RIP my attention span. That automatically gives it a higher score for me - I know I'd be a terrible movie critic okay, but I only care about what I find entertaining.

+ not sure if I've said it before, but the OP is great. I didn't skip it even once. Also I saw people complaining about the animation quality in earlier threads. I didn't notice any issues, plus I really liked the art style and character design.

So, time to watch the next season I guess. That would probably answer all of my questions instead of posting on this over 10 years old forum post. But I felt the need to express my opinion. Anyway...
Nov 1, 2023 3:40 PM
Nov 2023
it could have been good but the incest ruined everything, saw it at like the end of 2020 though so i dont remember much <3
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vampire Knight Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

wakka9ca - May 1, 2008

75 by BhavyaPunia »»
Apr 14, 5:29 AM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

chryseis - Apr 7, 2008

189 by BhavyaPunia »»
Apr 14, 5:28 AM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BrokenTrinkets - Jun 24, 2008

76 by yukixkaname2 »»
Nov 13, 2023 4:18 AM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kYem - May 19, 2008

76 by yukixkaname2 »»
Nov 13, 2023 4:17 AM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Jacut - Jun 10, 2008

102 by alteredsnow »»
May 16, 2023 10:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.