Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 2, 2013 7:46 PM

Nov 2012
so... kanade is the leader of S4 fanclub? -_-

btw that moment when jirou confessing kanade XD
Jul 10, 2013 5:04 PM

May 2013
Why does no one question Subaru's cleavage... I mean... what the hell?!
Aug 21, 2013 9:53 AM

May 2013
Haha, Subaru's first kiss was broadcast in front of everyone.
Aug 22, 2013 12:24 PM

Jun 2012
Alright, Subaru wants to hide the fact that she's a girl -

- so she wears a china dress with a cleavage cutout.

OK.
LarasoAug 22, 2013 12:28 PM
Some parts of this post may be exaggerated.
Aug 22, 2013 6:19 PM

May 2013
Laraso said:

OK.

That's what I'M sayin' lol. Normally I don't bitch about titalation but when it creates a hole in the plot... AHHHH
Sep 6, 2013 4:32 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode as always.
Everything wrapped up nicely, didn't expect to like this anime so much.
Jan 18, 2014 9:33 AM

Oct 2012
Masamune! Usamin~
Her given name it's a bit boyish isn't it??

Best girl : Usamin
Then Kanade S... Sadist xD

Kslate23 said:
Laraso said:

OK.

That's what I'M sayin' lol. Normally I don't bitch about titalation but when it creates a hole in the plot... AHHHH

Kslate23 said:
Why does no one question Subaru's cleavage... I mean... what the hell?!

*cough anime logic *cough
"Signature removed"
Feb 1, 2014 10:25 AM

Sep 2012
didnt even know Subaru kissed him yet. Totally unexpected.
Apr 13, 2014 8:40 AM

May 2012
That mouth to mouth (kiss), that confession, that cuteness! HNNNGG this show sure knows what's good! But lol is this going to become a harem anime?
Apr 19, 2014 5:55 PM

Aug 2009
JustALEX said:
DarkRyter said:
I wonder what the girls are thinking with Subaru in the China dress.

"Aw, look at Subaru's manly cleavage. Those is some masculine breasts."

more like:

"Wow look at those manly curves, that manly face, and of course that nicely shaped ass which clearly belongs to a guy...."

I c wha u did thar

Good episode. Lotsa shit happened
Nov 26, 2015 4:27 PM

Jan 2010
I...didn't like this episode either. Subaru was already dressed up in a Qipao in Kinjirou's imagination, so it's not exactly new. Also, no one is making a fuss over Subaru in the dress, and there was barely any reaction when Subaru and Usami were throwing themselves onto Kinjirou, rendering the whole "keeping her gender a secret" bit kinda weak. Actually, the picture was of Subaru in a dress, and here she is now, walking around with her chest partway exposed. I know this a comedy, but geez.

That aside, I do like that Kinjirou and Subaru do talk at times. Kinjirou tried to talk to Subaru about the kiss, and Kinjirou finally tells Subaru what's going on. Was that really so hard? For that much, I will give the show some props. It still doesn't justify the "I can't be with you for reasons I can't explain" move though. Also, this show is confusing me with its intents. Are we supposed to feel sorry for Usami apparently having some unspoken trauma, or are we supposed to dislike her for getting in the way of Kinjirou's and Subaru's relationship? It could be some mix of both, but at that end, the setup just feels too disjointed.

Everything was kinda solved off screen thanks to Kanade, so I'm glad that she has everyone in the palm of her hands, for better or worse. I just wish that whole diversion wasn't so messy.
Jan 18, 2016 12:20 PM

Apr 2013
More Konoe, less everything else please.
Oct 5, 2016 12:10 AM

Feb 2014
This show should just stick to comedy, because most of this drama is too forced and contrived.

And yeah, it was weird how nobody noticed or commented on Konoe's boobs, when her cleavage was clearly visible. Whatever happened to hiding her identity? It's even dumber when you consider the fact that everything Jirou did in this episode and the entire reason behind the misunderstanding was because he didn't want her identity to get out *facepalm*.
Jan 4, 2017 11:13 PM
Mar 2015
Vhailor said:
This show should just stick to comedy, because most of this drama is too forced and contrived.

And yeah, it was weird how nobody noticed or commented on Konoe's boobs, when her cleavage was clearly visible. Whatever happened to hiding her identity? It's even dumber when you consider the fact that everything Jirou did in this episode and the entire reason behind the misunderstanding was because he didn't want her identity to get out *facepalm*.

While I 100% agree that it's weird no one notices Subaru is a girl in this episode (they are too worried about her being so cute that they don't look at anything else, still stupid, I agree)

However, I have watched a lot of harems/ecchi compared to how many anime I have watched, and in terms of ACTUAL romance and stuff that makes sense, Mayo Chiki is decent at the moment. The only thing that annoys the crap out of me is that they have gone through a lot of work to make a romance plot that actually has me interested (Subaru x Jirou) it's a harem so it's most likely going to be no closure, and if some friend-zoning shit happens here I'm going to be mad as fuck.

If the harem continues like it is now, with closure between Subaru and Jirou (which I think would be ABSOLUTELY in place considering the romance they already have between them, but will most likely not happen) this would be one of the best harem anime I've seen (It can't beat To Love Ru simply because of the PURE comedy gold that series is), if it ends with 0 closure it's still ok, and if they screw something up like "HA, harem was actually Subaru's harem, everyone is a lesbian rip nosebleed guy" It will be one of the worst.

I am replying very late to your comment here, and I can see that you rated it 5, there is no need for you to reply anything if you cba discussing the anime.

However, I must get fourth the feeling I have watching Subaru and Jirou's romance is VERY similar to what I felt during GREAT romance such as Ano Natsu, Kokoro Connect etc, but important thing here is that I'm 6 episodes in and while I do have the good feeling for the romance, I also have a VERY bad feeling that they will entirely screw over my feelings and make it cancer.
Apr 4, 2017 5:50 AM

Aug 2016
Damn Subaru's first kiss was Kinjirou

Set by SenpieX
Jul 25, 2017 12:06 AM

Sep 2015
Well no one hates her for being the source of blackmailing in the end...
Jan 7, 2018 1:08 AM

Sep 2013
Loved all the confusion in this episode

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Feb 19, 2018 1:30 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
shiroto said:
this ep had cliche written all over it. but still was enjoyable

Honestly this was one of the worst episodes so far, not that it was bad but that for me the Subaro and Kanade had not enough time to shine.
It was enjoyable, just not as much as some early ones.

Hoping things will get to that lvl again.
Apr 29, 2020 11:03 AM

Feb 2018
Chinese dress is so cute
Dec 23, 2021 10:16 AM

Nov 2010
Man, chinese dresses are my favorite and it looks wonderful on Subaru! instant hard on, but its hard to believe that no one noticed her boobs. It's small, but its obvious. lol

I'm happy for Masamune. If you have the will to change for the better, go for it!
Jan 29, 2023 12:28 PM

Aug 2019
of course kanade was behind s4 being the sadist she is :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mayo Chiki! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 4, 2011

118 by Gutzdeep42 »»
Dec 30, 2023 9:29 PM

Poll: » Mayo Chiki! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Elite60 - Sep 29, 2011

263 by __FK__ »»
Nov 5, 2023 12:45 PM

Poll: » The most annoying girl in Mayo Chiki!

GuyFreakz - Dec 4, 2012

14 by Gutzdeep42 »»
Jun 17, 2023 7:54 AM

Poll: » Mayo Chiki! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 1, 2011

93 by isitreallyreal »»
May 19, 2023 3:01 AM

Poll: » Mayo Chiki! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Elite60 - Sep 22, 2011

133 by Montales »»
Mar 7, 2023 12:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.