Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 9, 2011 10:13 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well this was on the rather calmer side episode with good background info. I particularly liked the development between Kyouhei/Utao/Hibino.

What a freaking grab of Hibino by Kyouhei, that's all I will say along with fan service of Hibino’s pink underwear/bra, see able bra when she is wet and last one in the spoiler
all that did show that she has a rather nice waist.
With big breasts like that and wind up there, you can bet balance is in play more than smaller breasts would do for girls. I really liked a lot Moyako and her teasing of Hibino as follows,

Not only was it funny with Hibino’s face in the spoiler
but also with the way Moyako put her hand on Hibino’s face. Now I am really curious as to what the heck is this memory from the network of trees? Moreover it was more surprising to realize that it did make Hibino cry. I was totally clueless as to why it did that.

The second best thing was seeing Utao in the following,

Oh man that squeezing your ass to flow the energy to your privates was hilarious. I don’t even get how that is possible. Utao’s face expression at that suggestion was priceless here and at that same moment so were the faces of Hibino and Kyouhei here. While it was cute that Utao came towards Hibino to seek comfort.

About Somaki Moyako, I really liked when she was angry here. Mainly due to her serious attitude. Loved how Hibino/Kyouhei/Utao were a little shy here, towards going for being super shy here. That is after all the hilarious gag of Moyako’s messages transmissions from her father to them in the spoiler
and I swear Moyako’s father reminded me of that scientist in Tiger and Bunny that talk quietly. What was most interesting about Moyako is in the spoiler
because of her conversation with Kyouhei and her reaction, it seems that Hibino’s reaction may have been jealousy although not obvious.

About Somaki Yurako, she sure got a fright on Utao even before coming into scene. However when she does what is in the spoiler
to Utao, I am not surprised she does not like it. Yurako also made Hibino have an angry face here and even got into an arm pulling game to get Utao but I liked the way Yurako was holding Utao here.
  • Personally I found the bath part of Kirio in the spoiler
    to be some shota fan service and the same thing happened in Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi. Good thing no details were there. I did like meeting Kii, Koushiro’s wife and I was sad at all those nasty marks on Kirio. At least now we know he was kidnapped and raised secretly by the Hyuuga due to his powers. Koushiro looks damn good with no sunglasses.

• Found it hilarious the way Moyako explained to Utao how to take care of her brother in the spoiler
    now the violent way may work on some but not all.

• I liked a lot the beginning in the spoiler
    mainly because it showed the mother of Utao being super caring and nice. I really liked that part of her. Hibino/Kyouhei smiling at that part was nice and natural.
About the end of the episode, in thee end it shows a rather likable praying Hibino here and WTF is up with Kyouhei suddenly changing eye color here. What really got interesting is Kyouhei’s teacher in the spoiler
next episode will have much more revealed.

About preview, the next episode is already interesting with just seeing young Kyouhei running here and perhaps Young Aki trying to tame his kakashi or a wild one? It clearly shows a young Kyouhei with his teacher here and I wonder what’s up with Aki here. Did he do something with the teacher? Considering that I see her here in the same place where all spent the night. It definitely is the past now because Kyouhei is shown here being the Seki of Kukuri. Oh wow! Looks like teacher might have some feelings for Kyouhei here with the way her hand brushed his face but why does the dog suddenly jump here and Aki taking her away? Even worse is that Aki here looks to be in that place where many got killed. So this is all interesting and full of info for next episode.
Yumekichi11Aug 9, 2011 7:16 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 9, 2011 11:01 AM

Jan 2009
Yes, the unnatural form and sizeof those melons still annoy me.
Oh and, Moyako would be a much better choice than Hibino. Just sayin'.
Even though Moyako's secretly in love with Aki since long ago. Oh well, shit happens. ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

Anyway, this week, pretty much nothing at all happened. How interesting.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 9, 2011 11:42 AM

Oct 2009
Unnatural flying at the end.

Yurako's obsession with Utao...

Anyways, not a bad episode so far.

Aug 9, 2011 11:57 AM

Jun 2011
It was lot more....Slow and boring than the last episode so to speak.
Looks like there'll be more Aki next episode, yay.
Aug 9, 2011 12:15 PM
Apr 2011
It was nice.
Memories next episode.
Aug 9, 2011 1:26 PM

Aug 2010
was kinda a boring episode this week. next week looks interesting though :D
Aug 9, 2011 1:35 PM

Aug 2010
well well well kirio's the stereotypical twin that got terrible treatments >_>; who wouldve guessed *sarcasm* well it looks like koushirou is the mentor/father figure for kirio so its not all bad ;o

well the most informative part of this episode is probably the utsuwashi family and the materials used to make a kakashi

other than that it was pure randomness lulz oh and cliffhanger hurts D:
Next epi = woot the much needed background story on kyohei, aki and the sensei
Aug 9, 2011 1:37 PM

Jul 2009
If you don't watch it, I'll come to your house as a ghost!
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Aug 9, 2011 3:06 PM

Aug 2010
Some good comedy in this one and they leave on a sort of cliffhanger.
Aug 9, 2011 3:38 PM

Sep 2009
Funny episode really and that's it?
Ah, I did find Kyouhei's mom a bit weird. She didn't even greet her son. The village does operate more or less like a cult.
And I didn't think it would be that of a modern village.

All now I care about is the flashback. Aki <3
Aug 9, 2011 3:51 PM

Jan 2011
So Kyouhei had the sense not to go into the woods with Hibino because she would find out what he is thinking. I suspect she is more than intelligent enough to realize he has feelings for her, and she obviously has feelings for him based on Moyako's reactions. It looks like Moyako is still carrying a torch for Aki regardless of what he did years ago. Next episode should answer a few questions...I can hardly wait. (Must add ED to my playlist as well...both it and OP are great)
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Aug 9, 2011 5:48 PM

Feb 2010
ED&OP are good.. i agree...

but this episode was boring. I await the Aki flashback<33
Aug 9, 2011 6:14 PM

Jul 2010
Lots of comedy this episode and extended scenes showing Hibino's bust...lol Also, a wide variety of facial expressions. And of course, Koushirou was awesome as usual.
Aug 9, 2011 7:22 PM

May 2011
Funny episode. woop some hibino fan service. the conversation between moyako and hibino in the forest was interesting. wonder what does hibino's dream or vision means. the guy in the vision looks some what like aki and he's with what looks to be a dog or a pet of some sort. looks like it might be explained in the next ep hopefully.
Aug 9, 2011 7:24 PM

Sep 2010
Oh boy, fan service!
Aug 9, 2011 7:42 PM

May 2010
Hibino falling and Kyouhei grabing her shirt. hilarious!! XD
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Aug 9, 2011 8:27 PM

Dec 2007
Fan service just feels out of place in this anime :| . Not complaining, just making an observation.
Aug 9, 2011 8:28 PM

Jan 2011
I liked the slow pacing of the episode, they introduced a lot of new characters and gave us some much needed information about the kakashi and the way they're "made". Next week should be really good too with some background on the cast.

Also, the OP and ED are still amazing after six episodes, Chiaki Ishikawa's voice is so beautiful.
Aug 9, 2011 8:32 PM

Sep 2010
This is becoming more interesting, I guess.
Day2Dream said:
Fan service just feels out of place in this anime :| . Not complaining, just making an observation.

I agree with you at this point.
-Lunacie said:
Also, the OP and ED are still amazing after six episodes, Chiaki Ishikawa's voice is so beautiful.

Yup.
Aug 9, 2011 8:41 PM
Dec 2010
Flashback time! Also, kindof a srlsy boring episode..... I also agree that the fanservice felt out of place. Then agin, i have not seen a place in this anime where it would be appropriate.
Aug 9, 2011 10:52 PM

May 2011
rodac said:
So Kyouhei had the sense not to go into the woods with Hibino because she would find out what he is thinking. I suspect she is more than intelligent enough to realize he has feelings for her, and she obviously has feelings for him based on Moyako's reactions. It looks like Moyako is still carrying a torch for Aki regardless of what he did years ago. Next episode should answer a few questions...I can hardly wait. (Must add ED to my playlist as well...both it and OP are great)

I got the sense that his apprehension about the walk in the woods had more to do with his past. Aki and Kyohei did something god awful that has caused them to be somewhat vilified by the village. Aki going psycho and Kyohei being stripped of his Seki status.

The episode seemed very slow but it also served to develop the story a bit more. They really are sticking to the Manga for the most part. next episode will be nice to see the flashback story of Aki and Kyohei with their Sensei.
Aug 10, 2011 12:21 AM

Feb 2011
Funny episode but I hope to see more Akilerator >_<
Aug 10, 2011 12:30 AM

Feb 2010
next episode gonna be good.
Aug 10, 2011 1:37 AM

Jan 2010
This is getting less interesting. The creators don't seem to be very good at portraying what the story that they're trying to tell. Others have commented on the fanservice feeling out of place, but I find that the attempts at comedy have been dismal, e.g. When Utao sends them higher and faster instead of back to the ground and safety. Meanwhile, I didn't feel any tension from the danger they faced, just irritation at how clumsily it was done. Didn't really like the pacing of the episode either.
Aug 10, 2011 3:51 AM

Nov 2010
was a somewhat boring ep but it gave me a few lol's. im still really enjoying this series tho. cant wait for next ep.
Aug 10, 2011 11:56 AM
Jan 2011
Man, utao's mom look like a mature version of herself.
Aug 10, 2011 12:02 PM

Oct 2010
Cirris said:
rodac said:
Kyohei being stripped of his Seki status.
I though he gave it up himself and his rights to be a Seki.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 10, 2011 12:34 PM

Feb 2010
i didnt expect koushiro having a wife btw
Aug 10, 2011 10:58 PM

Sep 2010
Booooring.
Aug 11, 2011 2:02 AM

Mar 2010
Egh, already episode 6 and I'm just bored to tears!
When is this freaking anime going to pick up??~___~;

Aug 11, 2011 4:22 AM

Jul 2010
Kirio is indeed Utao's twin brother. I still wonder why he was raised in secret though. The fan service felt a little out of place indeed, but Kyohei and Utao hanging on to Hibino's clothes like that was still pretty funny.

Looks like we'll finally hear the full story of what happened long ago next episode.

Aug 11, 2011 4:56 AM
Jun 2008
lol a lot fanservice in this episode.Utao is not in part of it . ^ > ^
Aug 11, 2011 9:02 AM

Jul 2007
Cirris said:
rodac said:

I got the sense that his apprehension about the walk in the woods had more to do with his past. Aki and Kyohei did something god awful that has caused them to be somewhat vilified by the village. Aki going psycho and Kyohei being stripped of his Seki status.

The episode seemed very slow but it also served to develop the story a bit more. They really are sticking to the Manga for the most part. next episode will be nice to see the flashback story of Aki and Kyohei with their Sensei.

Exactly this.

At first I thought it was about the whole romance thing, but a soon as it was clear that forest actually works, its clear that Kyohei desperately does NOT want to show his past to her or to well anyone. I think he himself is afraid of himself.
Aug 11, 2011 9:23 AM

May 2010
Today's episode is really great !! ^_^
Aug 11, 2011 7:50 PM

Mar 2010
Fan service was probably the only thing that kept me through the 6th episode lol.

Also the ED is awesome. The OP is meh
Aug 13, 2011 6:41 PM

Feb 2008
lol the dolls are the people...not the machines.
Sep 4, 2011 5:21 PM

Jul 2009
Twin thing is completely confirmed. I liked Moyako! D; Why couldn't someone cool like her be the love interest? :( Lol talking through the grandpa was pretty funny XD
Koushiro is married XD Lol @ his wife ... secret love child haha XD Oh and "older sister" techniques :P
Random fanservice is out of place here I think :P Hey at least we have Aki in the next episode woot :D
Jan 3, 2012 2:12 PM

Jun 2009
It was really nice of Koushirou to take Kirio with him home. :)
Although I wish that stupid fansernive could stop. It's so out of place. :/
Nov 9, 2012 10:47 PM

Mar 2009
The fanservice bits were unnecessary. Good episode though.
Jan 27, 2013 4:08 PM

Sep 2011
Dat fan service man, dat fan service. Couldn't stop laughing! xD
Mar 4, 2013 11:59 AM

May 2012
A bit of a looser episode but was still rather decent and funny, lets see what's next though!
Jun 19, 2013 12:58 AM
Feb 2009
kool so theres another doll
Aug 15, 2013 11:40 PM

Jan 2013
Lovely comedic scenes.
The village is a lot nicer than I thought it would be.
I can see why this was a recommendation on Shinsekai Yori, though the tone is completely different.
Aug 31, 2015 12:31 AM

Dec 2014
This is episode was good... Imo.
Moyako can't move on? Based on what Hibino "saw".
Too bad for her, Kuuko will "rape" Akilerator... Hehehehe
Aug 8, 2021 8:26 AM

Feb 2014
Cool episode to learn more about the village they come from and the people who live there!

I agree, the fanservice seems kinda out of place, it's kinda like the mood changes from dramatic to comedic, they can be kinda sudden...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 2, 2023 3:26 PM

Aug 2017
The scenery in this episode is really beautiful and vibes were calm,
Funny scene in the end LOL, also Koushirou has a nice life I have a feeling he'll get a bad ending,
Poor Kirio had a tough childhood, I wonder how he got separated from his twin sister and why his father and grandfather didn't do anything now they know about him,
Next episode will reveal more about the story.

More topics from this board

» Still waiting for S2...

kari-ya - Sep 7, 2021

4 by Dekom »»
Nov 9, 2023 2:29 PM

Poll: » Kamisama Dolls Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xoraan14 - Sep 27, 2011

156 by Dekom »»
Nov 9, 2023 2:27 PM

Poll: » Kamisama Dolls Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

prismheart - Sep 20, 2011

83 by Dekom »»
Nov 8, 2023 2:10 PM

Poll: » Kamisama Dolls Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 13, 2011

81 by Dekom »»
Nov 7, 2023 2:12 PM

Poll: » Kamisama Dolls Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 6, 2011

98 by Dekom »»
Nov 6, 2023 2:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.