Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 13, 2008 12:47 PM
Nov 2007
Prince of Tennis ))
and Hikaru no Go ^^
Feb 15, 2008 12:07 AM

Feb 2008
Ookiku Furikabutte and Major. Great shows with great characters. Besides, I love baseball. :3
Feb 21, 2008 1:16 AM

Sep 2007
Hajme no Ippo
Prince of Tennis
OverDrive
Major
Eyeshield 21
Buzzer Beater
Sweet_TouchFeb 21, 2008 1:21 AM
Feb 29, 2008 1:53 PM

Dec 2007
My absolute favorite must be Prince of Tennis or Hajime No Ippo, cause I have been looking thrue those series a couple of times.

Major and Hikaru no Go is really good to.
If there is a single chans that Hikaru no Go 2 is going to be released, then I would change my absolute favorite into that one :D
phalleFeb 29, 2008 2:35 PM
Mar 28, 2008 2:58 AM

Nov 2007
Ginban Kaleidoscope - Kinda shoujo-ish, but it's well made.
Suzuka - I haven't been able to finish it, but it rawks!
Air Gear - this is my most favorite. It's so awesome!

I'm planning of buying Hikari no Go, though,

Mar 29, 2008 9:55 PM

Mar 2008
prince of tennis!!!!!!! cauze its sooooooo awesome and the chracters are soooo cute!!!!!
Apr 3, 2008 7:18 AM
Feb 2008
Major! Just great character development. Has the kind of lead character i like. And the matches are realistic but exciting at the same time.

PoT as well. I think the leads in PoT and Major are kina similar. And PoT is just hilarious at times.
Apr 7, 2008 11:58 AM

Jun 2007
dash! Kappei & Iron Leaguer & battle athletes victory! is fun too~ though I have sports shows I don't liketoo..

今はどんでん返しの時代ではない★너와 함께 했던 일상은
어느샌가 작은 영화속 풍경이되고 ☆
Apr 12, 2008 12:07 AM

Nov 2007
I'm digging Kenko Zenrakei Suiebu Umisho right now.

Apr 15, 2008 9:59 AM

Feb 2008
Air Gear
History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Hajime no Ippo
Eyeshield 21
Bamboo Blade
Apr 16, 2008 7:57 AM
Nov 2007
prince of tennis---although some people find it stupid I like how they add a super power touch to the tennis adding to the excitement

hajime ippo-- just love the story about a you mans struggle to reach to the top not by talent but with hard work

hikaru no go---although it lacks the athletic side to the series it still was an awesome series to watch and read
Apr 16, 2008 12:21 PM

Jul 2006
Ryuukishi said:
I'm digging Kenko Zenrakei Suiebu Umisho right now.
that one caught my eye when i was looking for better sports anime pics... i need to remember to get it >_<
Apr 18, 2008 10:58 PM
Apr 2008
Prince of tennis!! is the best 4 meXDD and second is Ginban KaleidoscopeXDD
ღ EijiLVRღ
Apr 25, 2008 12:35 AM
Jul 2007
Top Three

1. Whistle! Sheer Re-Watch Value. It's one of the few animes that I've been able to watch from start to finish all the way through... I think maybe 6 times now. In comparison I've only watched Hungry Heart Wild striker twice. Most anime's I only watch once. Initial d for instance with exception for the fourth season which I've watched a couple times now.

Regardless of the fact I often forget co-workers names that I have been working with for months and nearly everything else. When it comes to anime and novels I have a near photographic memory, I can watch entire episodes with sound in my head just by following up familiar phrase, remark, or reference to it. Rewatching things is something I don't do a whole lot of.

Besides the Op theme rocks, reminds me of kernkrafts zombie nation and I've never found a better tune for making you feel like your really there. At the big game, in the stands watching the flags wave and feeling the voices of thousands of people pound the air. Most of Whistle! reminds me of a similar intensity to say the Hajime Vs Sendo fight in Karakuan hall when all the fans are stomping the bleachers so hard that the ref couldn't hear the gong.

2. Hajime No Ippo, Again Re-Watch Value. I place a large exclamation on anything I can watch, then watch again within a month or two and still be on the edge of my seat.

3. Prince of Tennis, Eyeshield 21, H2, and Initial D all deserving of honorable mention.

21 drags in the middle and the subbing is taking forever and misses like 20 episodes in the middle of the tournament ending at the band spiders and contiuning long after so I can't finish watching it... Otherwise it might be a real three.

Initial D, great sound track, I've got it downloaded on it's own playlist just like Beck. Awesome sound effects and an intense ride. Unfortunately very little re-watch value. What you see is what you get, it's like the fast and the furious... Watch it once, savor it, and fondly remember it's lingering taste for the second time will only be bitter.

Prince of Tennis...... Entertained me, sometimes repetitive, didn't have enough actual character development from echizen... My only regret is that it didn't last longer and that they wasted so many episodes on filler when they could have spent it advancing a truely awesome plot. There was comedy enough in the regular episodes, why add more?

H2, for storytelling, general aewsomeness, and for spawning major.
Apr 25, 2008 1:11 AM

Jul 2006
wow, nice descriptions for all those.

*thumbs up*

i must say that i dont agree with whistle... it lacked in action for me, especially compared to HHWS.
Apr 25, 2008 2:06 AM
Jul 2007
It was also more Unique. HHWS had a better storyline but was longer and the hair reminded me of Ichigo too much. Overall HHWS might have been better but for individual episodes whistle! had more intensity and less filler.

I may be prejudiced because whistle! was simpler, it reminded me of my youth and the sheer joy of soccer. Whistle was more unique for me so it stands out.

Hungry heart was PoT only in soccer. Same kind of story advancements, special abilities, ect. Plus toss in some bleach characters... Even the okinawa Baldy was there although he was a lot less the tuff guy then his mirror in bleach.

Archtype cross-over example
White haired hard kicker with his granny versus the white haired flexible karate demon from pot

Edit
Note I just noticed that my brain is starting to fuzz all the soccer animes together. It's 4 a.m. and it's been about half a year since I watched them. All the same I know Whistle! was one of my all time sport favs. Maybe I'll need to dig out my discs and watch them again.
SatudoApr 25, 2008 2:45 AM
Apr 25, 2008 2:34 AM

Jan 2008
Major is my favorite sports anime and also it became my alltime favorite anime period, and i have seen alot of anime and loved them, but i told myself this anime is just amazing, purely the best to me, iduno why, but it has been the best anime ive ever seen for like a year now, nothing has decrowned it.
𝘔𝘢𝘥𝘢𝘰 𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘬. 𝘈 𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢 𝘣𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘥 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘶𝘯𝘨𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘦𝘴. 𝘐𝘵 𝘴𝘪𝘵𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘬 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘥𝘢𝘺 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘬.
Apr 25, 2008 3:00 AM

Jul 2006
when i first started major i thought that this is what sports anime should become... the art was wonderful for me and i really like the pure focus on the sport and yet still keeping the drama of the players.
Apr 25, 2008 3:29 AM
Jul 2007
His father getting taken out after climbing out of his slump kind of reminded me of the violin music from Schindlers list. If you've ever watched the movie you know Exactly what I'm talking about. Perhaps the only reason I don't rate it amongst my favs, much like Last Samuria... I loved it but it's not something I watch for recreation.

edit

Note I don't care how healthy tears are. If I was interested in health I would have kept playing soccer and not spend almost 90% of my time outside of work in my room.
Apr 25, 2008 4:28 AM

Jul 2007
oofuri... i rewatched the tosei match (and Haruna's cameos....) so many times.
also loved Major (S2)..
Over Drive, Hikaru no Go, Dear Boys, I'll, ES21, Whistle... I used to be a big tenipuri fan some years ago, but it made me like tennis so it has a soft spot in my heart x3
myth720Apr 25, 2008 4:32 AM
Apr 25, 2008 6:15 AM

Jan 2008
The Prince of Tennis, because of all the different and interesting characters it has~ <3

Apr 25, 2008 8:14 AM

Mar 2007
Prince of tennis - because i love ryoma! x3, and because i like tennis xD
Apr 25, 2008 9:05 AM

Oct 2007
err... Slam Dunk?
Apr 25, 2008 11:21 AM

Jan 2008
Haven't seen much yet, so far Hungry Heart Wild Striker is my favourite. It's unpredictable in contrast to most other animes.
Apr 25, 2008 12:14 PM

Jul 2006
to all that have seen PoT, have you checked out the live-action musical of PoT?

@krzysiek: have you tried whistle? its also a soccer/football anime.
Apr 25, 2008 1:42 PM

Jul 2007
I would have to say Eyeshield 21 is. I am a football fan anyways.

Going to eat your brains and gain your knowledge.
Apr 25, 2008 1:51 PM
Oct 2006
My favorites would be Major, Hajime no Ippo, Initial D (though I would rather classify this as a car anime than sports) and Slam Dunk.
I fail at motivating why I like stuff so I'll just leave that out.
Apr 25, 2008 2:34 PM
Dec 2007
It would be a hard toss up. I extremely enjoyed Hajime no Ippo however I am also a huge fan of Hikaru no go.
Apr 25, 2008 3:46 PM

Jan 2008
@June
YES~<3 Tenimyu! (*.*) I love it. XD; Especially the Hyotei Cast and Seigaku's First and Second Cast.

I was really into it a while back. Tenimyu is awesome. ^__^;

Apr 25, 2008 5:03 PM

Jul 2006
@ai-hime: no, youre awesome! ive never had anyone actually admit theyve seen the musical XDXD

i dont know much about the different casts... tho i do know they had many.

my fav character has always been inui tho. glasses ftw!
Apr 25, 2008 6:31 PM

Nov 2006
Definitely Prince of Tennis! I love playing tennis and watching that anime only inspired me to play more and do better...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Apr 25, 2008 6:54 PM

Jan 2008
XD

So are you~ <3

I kind of lost track of how many casts there have been/still are. Can't keep up. XD;;

I gave up after the third one, since I couldn't download the myu's, because of my slow internet. );

Yes, Inui is definitely love. I always liked how they portrayed him on the musicals. All the actors that have played him do it really well. :D

Ah, I'm spamming. XD;; I better take my chat to the Tenimyu topic.

EDIT: I just figured out there is no Tenimyu topic. My bad, sorry~ ^///^;
Ai-HimeApr 25, 2008 6:59 PM

Apr 25, 2008 7:38 PM

Jul 2006
feel free to make one =)

the cast i saw had a great inui and recently i have seen him in a movie or drama... cant remember now, but when i saw him i was like "=O INUI!!!"
Apr 26, 2008 5:29 AM

Sep 2007
1º Hajime no ippo (Ippo and Takamura <3)
2º Over drive
3º Suzuka
4º Eyeshield
Apr 26, 2008 9:12 AM

Jan 2008
Yay, I think I will~! <3 :D

Ah, was it on the Death Note live action movies? I know the first-cast Inui plays Matsuda on them.

Apr 26, 2008 11:21 AM

Apr 2008
1. Prince of Tennis - Ryoma pwns!!
2. Hajime no Ippo - Gotta love Ippo's comeback wins.
Apr 26, 2008 1:27 PM

Jul 2006
Ai-Hime said:
Yay, I think I will~! <3 :D

Ah, was it on the Death Note live action movies? I know the first-cast Inui plays Matsuda on them.
you are so good, i think it was!!! XD
Apr 26, 2008 5:00 PM
Nov 2007
1. Ookiku Furikabutte/Oofuri
Really really funny. A nice story. Great characters. Also a little self-identification.... well, it reminded me a bit of myself xD

2. Overdrive
I like cycling. I watch the Tour de France every year. Also a fan of Rabobank, so didn't like how they portrayed the team in the anime, but it was funny. The main character died on his bike, which I think was cool to see. That harshness of the sport is what makes it great!
Besides all that, really funny xD!

3. Eyeshield 21
I have mixed feelings about this one. I first read the manga and watched the anime later. I didn't like the anime, didn't find the animation that great. It was better portrayed in the manga. I'm only reading the manga now. Also very funny! xD

Seems like the keyfactor for me, is comedy! If it has sports and can make me laugh, I'll probably like it xD
Apr 26, 2008 6:29 PM

Jul 2006
Kakkou-kun said:

2. Overdrive
I like cycling. I watch the Tour de France every year. Also a fan of Rabobank, so didn't like how they portrayed the team in the anime, but it was funny. The main character died on his bike, which I think was cool to see. That harshness of the sport is what makes it great!
i had no idea that they had real teams in the anime =O that kinda makes it cooler o_o

you should try major, a great baseball anime.
Apr 27, 2008 3:10 AM

Nov 2007
hajime no ippo is fun!

Apr 27, 2008 5:28 AM

Jan 2008
The Classic Slam Dunk!!!
Why? I think it's the first sport anime that have depth storyline. And the main character was not the most powerful player in the team... Unlike other sport animes....
Apr 28, 2008 5:47 AM
Nov 2007
June said:
Kakkou-kun said:

2. Overdrive
i had no idea that they had real teams in the anime =O that kinda makes it cooler o_o

you should try major, a great baseball anime.

It's the only pro-team in the anime, I think. Though I wonder why Rabobank was chosen. There are lots of other teams as well... Oh well, it did make me a bit proud to see the Rabobank though xD

The famous Major! I've heard a lot about that one... About time, I start watching it.
Apr 28, 2008 2:46 PM

Feb 2008
Ookiku Furikabutte:
I love this show to bits and want Mihashi for a pet. This is pure classic shounen at its best; underdog finds his place as part of a close-knit team that work and sweat together to become giant-killers! With lots of laughs and chumminess on the way of course! To sum up, I am a serious Oofuri fangirl...

Slam Dunk:
Sakuragi is possibly my fave character of all time, he's such an adorable baka ^_^ This show does everything so great, the comedy, the sports, and the personal tales. Will always be one of my fave anime of all time. Such a shame the end of the manga series was never animated ;_;

Hajime no Ippo:
I really think, sports aside, this series really is a masterclass in anime production. Excellent pacing, suspense and comic timing. The action sequences are slick and a thrill to watch, plus the quality never lets up. You come to really like the characters (esp Takamura pfft), oh and the humour cracks me up bigtime - literal rotfl.

Others for which I can't be bothered to write a summary:
Hikaru no Go
Initial D
Apr 28, 2008 3:56 PM

Jul 2006
ONE DAY I WILL TRY SLAM DUNK AGAIN!

>_<
Apr 29, 2008 1:25 AM

Aug 2007
Hajime Ippo and Slam Dunk are the best.
HnG is also nice!
Apr 29, 2008 5:40 AM
Oct 2006
June said:
ONE DAY I WILL TRY SLAM DUNK AGAIN!

>_<

You didn't like Slam Dunk?! That anime is like nothing short of awesome :|
Apr 29, 2008 1:00 PM

Jul 2006
i wasnt a fan of it back in the day... it was one of the very first animes in general that i tried. >_< but i have a new appreciation for the artwork now =(
Apr 29, 2008 4:54 PM
Jul 2007
yeah slam dunks art is a stretch from the cartoonish norm. They actually tried to make it look realistic most of the time(when not goofing around or chibbing ryo-ken point getter sakuragi rival ect guy and the gorilla). I honestly didn't much care for it myself but I have to admit they did a good job, especially on faces and muscle tone... Waaaay too much sweat though, I swear they pasted it on with a brush.
Apr 29, 2008 5:10 PM

Apr 2008
Slam Dunk seemed like a really good series, I've only watched a few episodes and it was a while back but will definitely check it out once again in the future.
May 3, 2008 9:56 AM

Jul 2007
mine would be:
1.Hajime no Ippo ( was probably why i started watching more sports anime )
1.5.Slam Dunk :)
2.Ookiku Furikabutte
3.Overdrive
4.Buzzer Beater
pyongshinOct 1, 2008 4:50 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Apply for Staff

Mayuka - Nov 25, 2015

12 by Mayuka »»
May 14, 2018 10:41 AM

» Running/Track & Field

Dodecahedron-O24 - Apr 17, 2014

8 by RunningShirtGuy »»
May 9, 2018 12:38 PM

Sticky: » Introduce Yourself ( 1 2 3 )

June - Dec 5, 2007

139 by RunningShirtGuy »»
May 9, 2018 12:36 PM

» First Anime? ( 1 2 )

June - Jul 29, 2007

73 by Noene »»
Nov 19, 2017 7:29 PM

» Sports anime/manga that inspired you to play the game?

Vivie - Nov 25, 2015

40 by Mishina »»
Jun 29, 2017 4:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.