Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 8, 2011 9:41 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Youkai that leaves dark things and a youkai with wings.

Human using youkai power?? Madoba (Suwabe's character)?! Yay, Ishida-san's character is back.

No, Natsume got caught?
tsubasaloverAug 8, 2011 9:57 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 8, 2011 11:19 AM
Jun 2011
sometimes i just wish that natsume could put up more of a fight...

i was somewhat hoping that his strong spiritual powers could somehow awaken and resemble his grandmother's strength =/
Aug 8, 2011 11:26 AM

Nov 2008
Since there was a lot of talk about this new guy and thanks to the preview for this episode I was anticipating something far more sinister than this.

Anyway it was still a good episode and I'll be looking forward to next week's episode.
Aug 8, 2011 11:39 AM

May 2009
omg, Matoba!!! Finally!
At first I thought he didn't sound sinister enough, but I changed my mind completely after that final scene. He scares the life out of me whenever his presence is imminent. Polite and shady make for the creepiest, deadliest villain. Assuming he is a villain. After all, there's nothing black and white in this series.

Also, is it just me or is Natsume looking even, um, softer, more delicate this season? The bangs? The pinks? ♥

Oh, Natori's smile that won't be dimmed by mere lack of sleep... ♥♥♥
And gosh, how I love the Natori - Nyanko-Sensei dynamic. Their bickering is precious.

/sleep-deprived rant
Aug 8, 2011 12:25 PM

Sep 2008
Wow, Natori has a huge enough libido to produce sparkles with his smile!
He should hurry up and have a child.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2011 12:26 PM

Dec 2009
That one paper mask youkai reminded me of No Face from Spirited Away. : )

Matoba seems like an okay antagonist, I wonder what his eyepatch is about since it's probably youkai related.
Ara ara.
Aug 8, 2011 1:54 PM

May 2008
Athena said:
Also, is it just me or is Natsume looking even, um, softer, more delicate this season? The bangs? The pinks? ♥

It's the power of moe. Ugh.

At least the animation was slightly better in some places this episode...
Does anybody know if there were any changes in staff between seasons? :/
Aug 8, 2011 3:20 PM

Feb 2008
Wistaire said:
Athena said:

lol moe....

he did seem a bit too fragile in this episode. but next episode he will ownz.....you will see haha.
Aug 8, 2011 3:32 PM

Jun 2008
I realy think he have to go the temple his friends owns and start training reallyyy hard or somethnig

oh poor natsume and madara sama where are you in this time

mm interesting matoba and madara was like grgrgr too him soo more intereesting indeed

I wanto to see moreeee
Life is bittersweet can you live with that?
Aug 8, 2011 3:53 PM

Mar 2009
Wistaire said:

Series composition dude changed for this season.

Pretty interesting episode.
Aug 8, 2011 4:01 PM

Jul 2009
I have just watched 32 episodes of Natsume (1st, 2nd, bit of 3rd) and I feel like my mind is going to blow up. I just had to end off with an episode (this episode) that is not a story of its own and actually requires 2+ episodes. Blah, now I got to wait a week, I should've just waited till season 3 finished, how frustrating!

And I have noticed that the recent episodes, Natsume has been pushed around a lot. -____-
Aug 8, 2011 4:12 PM

May 2010
Natori always carries an extra can of sparkles with him.

There's something creepy outside the window!!! (I hate having creepy dark things outside the windows)
Aug 8, 2011 5:10 PM

Sep 2007
Isn't this like the first story that needs more than one episode to solve the situation?
Quite unusual for Natsume Yuujinchou. Not that I mind though, it kind of builds the tension. :D

At first I thought the winged youkai was the crow servant from Nanase, but then I noticed the colour of her wings. It didn't even occur to me that the crow youkai was left with only one wing until this moment. Derp.

Natsume has changed a bit in comparison to the first two seasons. He blushes more and also smiles more (though Nyanko-sensei claims otherwise). I like that! Because be honest, a bit of the 'moe' as mentioned in the comments above can't really hurt, now can it?

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to next week's episode! 8D
The cliffhanger makes me even more jumpy for Tuesday than usual.
Aug 8, 2011 5:24 PM

May 2009
I lost count on the number of times Natsume needed to be saved in this episode. It's starting to bother him too that he's so defenseless. Hopefully, this means we'll start to get some improvement in that area...but without sacrificing his kindness. Great episode and what a cliffhanger!
ArcticMechAug 8, 2011 6:49 PM
Aug 8, 2011 5:30 PM

Jul 2011
Wistaire said:
Athena said:

Yesh. in the magazine interview they claimed that they have new staffs for this season.
AND IT IS RARE TO HAVE A MALE MOE CHARACTER LIKE NATSUME.
SO I'M NOT AGAINST THIS. ;P

PLUS, if you read the recent manga chapters, he IS MOE.
Even MORE MOE than in the anime, I must say.
The animation of the season 3 has done a great job for making the animation more manga-ish.
Natsume is more energetic, more cuter and more short tempered this season. Because that's what he IS in the manga.
Aug 8, 2011 8:37 PM

Jul 2011
The episode was a bit more than okay but i didn't really like it. I was hoping for another of one of those heart warming and bittersweet endings with a particular youkai that Natsume usually ends up in contact with (That's what I love most about the series). However I like the fact that this episode decided to delve right in with the Matoba Clan so i'm pretty anticipated on what's their agenda. Although, I do sometimes wish Natsume can defend for himself so he doesn't end up being the damsel in distress while Nyanko Sensei comes to save him. But either way, he wouldn't be as moe :].
Aug 8, 2011 9:30 PM

Apr 2009
Great episode! But, poor Natsume, he keeps getting beat up and kicked around. (and not to mention that nasty fall at the beginning).

I'm glad they decided to start the Matoba arc. That could only mean more action and suspense in the next episodes. I do wish Natsume can fight more, instead of those "wimpy punches"(as Nyanko-sensei calls them).

There were also some funny bits in this ep which made me laugh out loud.

Also... Natori sparkles! :)

Aug 9, 2011 1:33 AM

May 2010
He's here Matoba, looks like thing will get pretty serious from here !!
Aug 9, 2011 3:40 AM

Oct 2010
ah.. no!! i can't survive another week not know what happen next!!! ;A;
Aug 9, 2011 6:50 AM

Jul 2009
The power of negitive people - like Natsume didn't have enough to worry about.
Great stuff.

It's always nice to see characters pop up again; it's when we know something serious is around the corner in mellow times; which is a great and realistic basis for a series.

Anyone else notice the spirit in the window behind Natori, outside the undo shop?
Whilst on the subject of Natori; the power of charm = highly effective; wonder if it works on youkai's?

kisami said:
Wistaire said:
Athena said:

lol moe....

he did seem a bit too fragile in this episode. but next episode he will ownz.....you will see haha.

I hope so!
Though I can see a turn-around via a lrager threat on the horizon; Natsume even realises he has become too comfortable.

Aug 9, 2011 8:14 AM

May 2009
Queen_Stars said:
Whilst on the subject of Natori; the power of charm = highly effective; wonder if it works on youkai's?

He kinda charmed Hiiragi into staying with him, didn't he? And he didn't even have to ask.

Along the same vein, Natsume's moeness charm has won him a legion of youkai (and people) who are willing to root for him, so yeah. Except in Natori's case, he probably knowingly uses those charms to his advantage, whereas Natsume would never do that which just increases his moeness. <3
Aug 9, 2011 8:22 AM

Jul 2009
Athena said:
Queen_Stars said:

He kinda charmed Hiiragi into staying with him, didn't he? And he didn't even have to ask.

Along the same vein, Natsume's moeness charm has won him a legion of youkai (and people) who are willing to root for him, so yeah. Except in Natori's case, he probably knowingly uses those charms to his advantage, whereas Natsume would never do that which just increases his moeness. <3

You're right; but using charm on a mass scale (or moe'ness) could populate a book of friend's, minus resentment. ; )

Aug 9, 2011 8:57 AM

May 2008
Hiina-tan said:
Natsume has changed a bit in comparison to the first two seasons. He blushes more and also smiles more (though Nyanko-sensei claims otherwise). I like that! Because be honest, a bit of the 'moe' as mentioned in the comments above can't really hurt, now can it?

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to next week's episode! 8D
The cliffhanger makes me even more jumpy for Tuesday than usual.

I still prefer Natsume looking his age lol :|
+ I liked it better when hair and clothes actually moved with the character instead of being almost completely static...

I'll stop complaining now, but really... I'm just disappointed :(
WistaireAug 9, 2011 9:07 AM
Aug 9, 2011 11:05 AM

Apr 2010
Nutsume is running from one problem to another in this episode and i hope he can get away from that guy or at least figure out what his motives are.
To me it seemed like the Motaba clan was after him so i wonder what they want to do with him.
Aug 9, 2011 12:35 PM

Aug 2010
anyone else notice Hotarubi no Mori e?
;)
Aug 9, 2011 2:13 PM

May 2008
iciclepop said:
anyone else notice Hotarubi no Mori e?
;)

I did ;O
Aug 9, 2011 2:23 PM

Sep 2007
Wistaire said:
I still prefer Natsume looking his age lol :|
+ I liked it better when hair and clothes actually moved with the character instead of being almost completely static...

I agree.
The animation was indeed nicer the first two seasons. The wind blowing through Natsume's hair, through the trees and through Madara's fur really added to the feeling of the series. Season 3 is indeed somewhat disappointing if you look at it that way.
I like how they portray Natsume now though. Looking his age is one thing, but staying true to the character is more important in my opinion.

Solution: read the manga. :D There he is moe and looks his age.
Though you've read it I see, Wistaire. Mangalists really come in handy in these situations. -w-
Aug 9, 2011 3:33 PM

Jun 2009
MATOBA’S ARC, YES~!

… WAIT, WHAT—?

CLIFFHANGER!? IN NATSUME!?

Well, I guess I shouldn’t have expected otherwise; after all, there’s no way they could’ve included all the events in the arc in a sole episode.
… But, heck, the wait until next week is too excruciating .__.

NATORI SPARKLES™ ARE SO MUCH FUN~♥ Pikapika~

Loved the Hotarubi no Mori e cameo~ … And Natori released a single!? Woah, making money, isn’t he?

I can’t wait for the next episode~
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Aug 9, 2011 5:56 PM

May 2008
Hiina-tan said:
Solution: read the manga. :D There he is moe and looks his age.
Though you've read it I see, Wistaire. Mangalists really come in handy in these situations. -w-

I know he is sometimes, but really... it just seems a little over the top in season three making it feel really out of place (especially compared to what they did with season 1/2) :|

I almost expect him to start sparkling just like Natori... and that's just- oh god, I'm not going there... that would break my brain haha :C
Aug 9, 2011 10:42 PM

Jan 2011
I loled so hard when Natsume fell on sensei
Aug 11, 2011 2:44 AM

Dec 2010
RUN NATSUME RUN! Hahaha
Aug 11, 2011 6:59 AM

Jul 2007
Oh my! the youkai woman appearing suddenly behind Natsume was just so scary... quickly i closed my eyes with my hand and turned around from the screen, lol!

em... even it's already the third series, i still can't get comfortable enough hearing Madara's voice.. it's kinda irritating to my ears uh huh 0.0
Aug 12, 2011 12:24 AM

Jul 2010
@Tsuzuyuki
I would hate it if that happened! It would be like a stupid shounen anime-twist (not that I don't like shounen animes, but this isn't one of them)

Whenever Natori-san speaks I always think of Gaara :3 but it's hilarious how different they are. Natori = popular, loved actor Gaara = hated, rejected monster (or at least in Part I xD it would ruin my comparison if I said he was the loved Kazekage ^_^)

And I hope Natsume'll be ok... this time Sensei can't protect him. Since I'm watching Blue Exorcist at the same time, I was kinda confuzzled at first 'cause I was thinking exorcists were good. ;p
Aug 12, 2011 4:55 AM

Jul 2011
Was MATOBA mentioned in the previous season ?

if so, any idea which season and ep?
Aug 12, 2011 8:58 AM

May 2008
RebeLchan said:
Was MATOBA mentioned in the previous season ?

if so, any idea which season and ep?

If you asking about Matoba as in this particular character, then no not really. There was some stuff about the Matoba clan though, that was in season 2 episode 11... but nothing significant if that's what you're looking for.
Aug 13, 2011 5:00 AM

Oct 2010
Oh noes! Natsume got caught! D: What's gonna happen to him? D:

...My perverted mind would like to think kinky things, but im gonna control myself here~

Maybe they plan on using his powers, or try to get the book of friends off of him to summon the demons?

Queen_Stars said:
Anyone else notice the spirit in the window behind Natori, outside the undo shop?

YES! I saw that and i was like, "...Natsume! Why aren't you freaking!? It's right in front of you! D<"

Aug 13, 2011 6:21 AM
Oct 2009
tamachana said:

Maybe they plan on using his powers, or try to get the book of friends off of him to summon the demons?

Exorcists don't know about the book of friends! If they did... oh, poor Natsume...

I sooo want to tell you everything about the spirit in the window behind Natori xD But well, you'll know really soon)

And the preview: "I'll be borrowing Natsume-kun while you're busy", lol! I wish all the previews were like this.
MoireAug 13, 2011 12:13 PM
Aug 13, 2011 8:21 PM

Oct 2010
Inn said:

Exorcists don't know about the book of friends! If they did... oh, poor Natsume...

I sooo want to tell you everything about the spirit in the window behind Natori xD But well, you'll know really soon)

And the preview: "I'll be borrowing Natsume-kun while you're busy", lol! I wish all the previews were like this.
They don't? o.o Oh my~~ Lets hope they dont find out~~!

Yeah, the preview was rather funny, but i loved the last one when natori spoke~ "It's been a while natsume. Im sorry im still so awesome~"

I laughed so hard xD

Aug 13, 2011 10:15 PM

Nov 2009
I love this show so much but Natsume and his pathetic actions to any danger as of late is getting to me. This whole season he has been screaming for someone to help him, this was really the first time I've really even seen him throw a punch instead of being a wimp. Hell I say the most badass he has been this season was the flashback to him as a little kid. I really hope what people are saying about him growing a pair again is true or this season could be somewhat painful for me...
Aug 14, 2011 6:29 PM

Feb 2009
Natsume's name lately became synonym of trouble, better man up boy or you'll end up dead!
Aug 15, 2011 2:48 AM

Oct 2010
Seeing Natori and Hiiragi as follows,

was amazing for this episode. Natori saving Natsume over 9000! This guy is really nicer last I remember him. More later and Matoba clan feels like they don't play around.

Did anyone notice in the following,

Holy shit! That freaked me out and Natori did not notice it even at all at that time.
Yumekichi11Aug 15, 2011 2:55 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 15, 2011 2:13 PM

Jul 2009
No!! Natsume! DDX!!
Aug 16, 2011 12:18 AM

Sep 2010
Matoba is hot. I wonder what he is planning to do with Natsume?
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Aug 25, 2011 10:44 PM

Oct 2010
This is unusual for me, but I gotta say I kind of fell for the... uh.. moe.

Well anyways. Great that Natori's back, noticed the animation as well and trying not to be bothered by it, and thinking of reading the manga as to know who Matoba really is.
Aug 28, 2011 8:43 AM

May 2010
Great. Now, it's time to touch the overall plot with the bad guys.

The girl who pulled Natsume's hair was kinda creepy.
Sep 3, 2011 10:20 PM

Mar 2011
Don't remember too much about this episode since I was half asleep while watching it yesterday, but I remember some Matoba dude going around kidnapping youkai for stuff.

Natsume goes to stop him and he gets kidnapped I think. I will skim through it tomorrow since I could use it.
Nov 27, 2011 1:19 PM

Dec 2009
They got Natsume, how inconvenient, I wonder what he'll do next.
Dec 7, 2011 9:08 AM

May 2009
It was a scary episode D: But as good as always, I liked the animation better this time.

Sometimes I can hear my bones straining under the weight of all the lives I'm not living.

Jan 23, 2012 11:06 PM

Jan 2011
Quite the cliffhanger. I'm going to have to watch the next episode tonight now...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Feb 27, 2012 12:41 PM

Dec 2009
Holy shit Cliffhanger O_O'

5/5

Sent with Mal Updater
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou San Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 22, 2011

81 by FZREMAKE »»
Apr 5, 4:03 AM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou San Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jul 25, 2011

198 by FZREMAKE »»
Apr 4, 4:59 AM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou San Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jul 4, 2011

151 by Carolinex86 »»
Mar 18, 8:33 PM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou San Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Sep 19, 2011

114 by Pockycrusader »»
Sep 27, 2023 5:47 PM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou San Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 5, 2011

69 by Meritas »»
Sep 10, 2023 1:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.