Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 2, 2007 5:57 AM

Nov 2004
I'm lazy to write another post so I'll just copy and paste my reactions from somewhere else.

OMFG at the cliffhanger. I've never seen such a TERRIBLE (yet awesome) cliffhanger at the end of any season. Now we have to wait until who knows when? October? Next year? I mean Sunrise has Gundam 00 already, would they produce Geass at the same time? Please say October!

The episode was pretty intense though. So many things happening, can't breathe at all. Suzaku's berserk nature was pissing me off but Lelouch annoyed me at the end also. Technically I could understand that he went through everything for Nunnally anyway, so it would be OOC also if he ignored Nunnally getting kidnapped and instead continued staying with his troops. But still, it was kind of sad to see them all losing and their leader ran off. And the cowardly things he did (although this isn't OOC also since we already know Lelouch could care less about being righteous or cowardly long as the results show).

When did Suzaku figure out that Lelouch was Zero? I mean I know people called him stupid (well more like Kallen stupid) for not noticing all the hints but he really didn't show it. Well, until near the end of episode 23. Heh, watch the end of episode 23 then 25, it's rather interesting ("We're friends, right?" and then 25 is pretty much like DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE).

I really liked Sunrise's work on the face expressions. Like when Suzaku finally confirmed that Lelouch was Zero, he looked sad (like he's about to cry) and then went straight to DAMN YOU angry again.

That was a great episode but... Sunrise is ruthless with their marketing. Leaving us like this.
Aug 2, 2007 7:03 AM

Jul 2007
Crystal said:

When did Suzaku figure out that Lelouch was Zero? I mean I know people called him stupid (well more like Kallen stupid) for not noticing all the hints but he really didn't show it.

V.V. was the one who told him everything, I believe o_o;;
Aug 3, 2007 1:26 AM

Apr 2007
melancholy said:
MistaNight said:
melancholy said:

WTF NO NEW CODE GEASS TIL OCTOBER T_________________T

Where are you getting October from? I don't believe there's a date yet, and seeing as Oct is only a few months away and it hasn't been said yet (as far as I know at least) it's highly unlikely as well considering that Sunrise has Gundam 00 already coming out in Oct.

It was mentioned New Type Magazine that the second season of code geass would be released along with the fall anime, which is in October :P

You sure your not confusing this with Haruhi S2? If not please link as I don't really want to get my hopes up until I see some sort of confirmation :P
Aug 3, 2007 1:32 AM

Nov 2004
No, there's no confirmation for the date. The October date was a fake apparently. The bad thing is that Gundam 00 is confirmed to be coming out in October so we don't know if Sunrise will have two mecha shows like this running at the same time.
melancholy said:
Crystal said:

When did Suzaku figure out that Lelouch was Zero? I mean I know people called him stupid (well more like Kallen stupid) for not noticing all the hints but he really didn't show it.

V.V. was the one who told him everything, I believe o_o;;

I thought he only told Suzaku about the Geass bit. Didn't mention who Zero was. I guess Suzaku figured it out himself since he knows Lelouch best.
Aug 8, 2007 3:23 AM

Apr 2007
MistaNight said:
wildex999 said:
So there IS gonna be a season 2? Really great episodes ^^

Yes, there's going to be a season 2. If there wasn't that would be one messed up ending :P

I feel a little odd being the only one initially thinking this wasn't a cliffhanger #_# My thought were "the morale of this story? If you pursue your dream without considering your personal circumstances, everybody dies."

But after reading through the thread, I realised I shouldn't just assume Nina set off the bomb because nobody could tell her where Zero was, nor that Suzaku and Lelouche shot each other without Kallen interfering #_#

About Suzaku's 'don't die'-command, I think all orders would be cancelled after Lelouche dies.
Aug 18, 2007 7:41 AM

May 2007
darkvoltage said:
suzaku can just die

if that would happen the complete plot would be ruined.

I just hope they don't make Season 2 just for money.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Guidelines!
Aug 19, 2007 5:16 AM
Jun 2007
Well, talking about a great episode with a lame ending. I've been waiting too long for this episode. Though a lot happened, the ending itself makes sure we'll get a second season, what is really great. One of the best anime I've ever seen!

I hope that Lelouch has survived, thas´s all
Aug 20, 2007 9:22 AM
May 2007
Summi said:
Well, talking about a great episode with a lame ending. I've been waiting too long for this episode. Though a lot happened, the ending itself makes sure we'll get a second season, what is really great. One of the best anime I've ever seen!

I hope that Lelouch has survived, thas�s all

definitely agree there. Would be a really lame ending if there were not having a second season =/
a
Aug 25, 2007 9:07 AM

Mar 2005
wtf. Sunrise is whack. Sunrise officially does not give a crap about leaps in logic if it stirs up maximum drama. i've already complained about this before but here it is again. I mean off the top of my head...V.V. is just annoying suddenly appearing with no explanation and just throwing things around. It's just like how the Geass suddenly went whacko. How did V.V. exactly get to the island with Nunnally (unless he's got teleportation powers or something...something that was JUST THROWN IN!) And how the hell does Nina get into a machine that's crazy powerful? shouldn't that shit be GUARDED THEN??!!! And come on, what is it about seeing Zero's face that makes Kallen pissed? It's not like he betrayed them other than the fact that he just left for a good reason. Is it simply cuz Lelouch isn't Japanese? Then that's just racist, which is mad hypocritical for the elevens to be at this point. This shit is lame. >_> Suzaku is lamer.

w/e, I still enjoyed these two eps. It's just that I hate plot contrivances and plotholes like that. I like to complain but I still gotta say these two eps were just awesome to watch. Oh yea and cliffhanger sux but I think everyone else established that, heh.
kei-cloneAug 25, 2007 9:14 AM
Aug 25, 2007 9:09 AM

Mar 2007
About Nina and the machine, wasn't it because she was holding a bomb or something? I could recall it wrong though.
Aug 25, 2007 9:11 AM

Mar 2005
the bomb was the machine :)
Aug 27, 2007 12:59 AM

Jun 2007
Orange-Kun that was crazy
Live your life of freedom
Live it to the fullist~
Aug 27, 2007 5:45 AM

Mar 2007
kei-clone said:
And how the hell does Nina get into a machine that's crazy powerful? shouldn't that shit be GUARDED THEN??!!!

I think since she's one of the student council she can have access to that kind of stuff, that and the last time the Black Order went to the school, the mecha didn't have the bomb that Nina made strapped to it, so they didn't suspect anything bad, or were to engaged in the fighting to care,

Dibs on Ishida!
Sep 21, 2007 4:46 PM

Sep 2007
I think it was a great episode, although I was so pissed with that ending... -.- Anyway, I really want to see what happens to everyone, so season 2 is probably the anime I'm most interested in right now... =P

Sep 22, 2007 4:29 PM

Aug 2007
The ending is leaving me guessing at to many different plots.

Nov 6, 2007 12:35 PM

Jul 2007
:O
SinNov 29, 2007 7:13 PM
All the mods fucking blow on this website except Kaiserpingvin, Cloudy-Sky, Baman and aero. PM me if you're actually good and I left you out.

Oh, rule 8...

( ̄ー ̄)
Jan 6, 2008 10:31 PM
Dec 2007
I don't think season 2 would have a 23-26 episodes or even a 12-14 episodes..I think it will just have a 2 part spin-off or something like that..Cause i don't think there is a reason to prolong the story unless they want lelouch to erase everyone's memory and that would be impossible because of the geass' limit..I think they will just wrap up what will happen next after the shoot out..
Jan 7, 2008 3:31 AM

Jun 2007
Doesn't he want to defeat Britannia, near the end it kind of sounded like Japan was only the beginning.

Jan 28, 2008 2:10 AM

Jun 2007
it was an awesome episode.

orange-kun was quite funny this episode.
there was nonstop action throughout the whole episode, it was just amazing
C.C's kiss with lelouch was amazing, finally some approval to romance here... i just hope she doesnt die... it would kill off most of the comic moments with pizza hut, and most of the romance.
i really couldn't care if suzaku dies, since even if he dies, there is still plot to cover, meaning that he is not really necessary, unless the novels prove me wrong.

anyways, i guess i had almost the right timing for watching this, because i cant wait for season two

holy cliffhangers... it was epic
Feb 23, 2008 7:10 AM

Feb 2008
Hmm. So it's only April 6? Only a month away? XD LOL!

I've really thought that it's my own incompetence that I didn't watched this series while this is airing, but actually! I am happy now that I just watched it now. Now, I won't be waiting for so long for the next season! ^^

Well, seriously I hate the ending, it's a very huge cliff hanger! XD Although the episode is awesome!
Feb 23, 2008 3:21 PM

Jan 2008
OMFG. 1 and a half month away til S2!

I cannot ----ing wait!
Feb 23, 2008 6:04 PM
Feb 2008
C.C. will slowly swim to the surface, 5 centimeters per second, by dying every 30 seconds and resurrecting.

And for those who don't like the long wait, it's because of Gundam 00 which Sunrise is doing.
Feb 25, 2008 12:02 AM
Dec 2007
I liked the episode but I still cant get over that it could have all been avoided if he hadnt messed up in episode 22 ( i think that was the episode)

Its sooooooooo not like his to mess up

... or join a brittainian group

... or do anything peaceful

i watched the episode like 5 hours ago and still cant get over it. I'm so lost on how the second season is going to work.
Feb 26, 2008 1:04 AM

Feb 2008
LOL! 1 1/2 months left.
Feb 28, 2008 11:37 AM
Jun 2007
Yeah. It is the anime I look forward to the most. And Menclave is going to sub it, so I've heard from a friend of mine who QC/editor in Menclave. And Shinsen is going to do so as well. So at least we are guarenteed of good subs.

It hasn't been announced yet who will be in charge of the OP and ED, but I don't care if access would make another song. Daisuke Asakura just is wonderful producer who is a guarenty to good songs :)
Mar 4, 2008 8:25 AM
Aug 2007
The season 2 was supposed to start last October... If only the manuscripts wasn't stolen... :sigh:
Mar 7, 2008 10:04 PM

Jun 2007
AHHHHHHHHHHHH WTF *head explodes*. I just finished the series and was caught at the edge of my seat right at the end. What a way to end it.

Heres my thoughts, not sure if anyone already posted these or not.

1) We learned that Lelouch's mom had the guards that where protecting her withdraw even though she was with her kids. My theory is she was under the influence of the geass and was ordered to tell them to withdraw from protecting her in order to eliminate suspicion about her murder. If you notice Schneizel was ordered to carry the dead body out. He also appears to know allot about the Geass for some odd reason. We see him around the old ruins and trying to run experiments..etc. I'm unsure if he's bad or good at this point. Read second reason why I think this.

2) The ancient people of the Geass appear to be immortals and have been treated horribly by humanity for generations. As we see flashbacks of C.C's life it's proof to what I say. I almost want to say that the ancient people are actually the cause for the current events that are happening. They could be trying to destroy humanity for all the crap it put them through. So I'm not sure what to think at this point. It could be that a Geass really did Target Lelouch's mom knowing that the Lelouch would take revenge without knowing the truth.....it's all a theory though.

3) The gun shot at the very end was the cliff hanger. We have no idea if the two shot each other or not. My theory is someone jumped in the middle of the bullet(s). Kallen could have done it. Ohgi wanted her to help Zero out. Even though she seemed in shock and angry that Zero turned out to be Lelouch (I have no idea why) she probably still felt compelled to protect the leader. Which would make sense since shes the closest one to him personally other then Suzaku.

C.C could also have stepped in front of the bullet. I know its a long shot since she was underwater at the time but it could have happened.

Nunnally could have also been let through the door without us seeing and stepped in front of the bullet. I wouldn't be surprised if V.V somehow gave her the power to see again just to do that.

Of course these are all theory's that I have generated in my head after seeing this last ep. Who knows if there right or not. I definitely cant wait till the second season to see what happened though.
Mar 14, 2008 1:33 AM

Feb 2008
I was a little confused with CC's actions in this episode, she made it seem like she was actually going to die along with Orange-Kun. Maybe I should watch it again though.
Mar 20, 2008 10:58 AM

Nov 2007
wth kinda ending is that? lelouch really is a tragic figure, all this because the way his father treated him and his mother knew someone was going to take her out? Clovis ... Euphemia ... and even Cornelia he sacrifices when they had nothing to do with his mothers death. who was it really? the emperor seems like an easy way out, there's supposed to be another sister still right? or someone from the outside? I have to say it was cruel what he did to Shirley and Euphemia as they really did love him.

all hope seems lost for lelouch though, everyone believes him a deserter, he loses his family, his friends, and all his supporters. ougi was shot, even karen looked to hate him in the end.

what CAN happen now? lelouch gets captured? his father as sick as he is might actually like him now after all the carnage he caused but noone would save him now right? even if he gets away, his identity is gone, as with all his friends and supporters and he can't fall back to either of his former lives. season 2 will be very interesting. there were things I really hated like how he treated Shirley and Euphemia but I still loved this anime.
Mar 20, 2008 11:12 AM

Oct 2007
mystik said:
what CAN happen now? lelouch gets captured? his father as sick as he is might actually like him now after all the carnage he caused but noone would save him now right? even if he gets away, his identity is gone, as with all his friends and supporters and he can't fall back to either of his former lives. season 2 will be very interesting. there were things I really hated like how he treated Shirley and Euphemia but I still loved this anime.

Really the ending leaves a lot open. With Lelouch as tainted as he becomes, he did still garner a lot of support, and nothing is to say that he could not continue to be successful in that regard to a great degree.

More importantly, though, a lot of Code Geass's strength and genius comes from the things its characters did which people really hated. By twisting notions of heroism, good and evil, the characters in Code Geass are far deeper than they otherwise would have been.
"A geek is a person, male or female, with an abiding, obsessive, self-effacing, even self-destroying love for something besides status."
--D.B. Weiss, Lucky Wander Boy
My anime review blog.

Many thanks to Alwerien for the claim banner.
Mar 23, 2008 4:03 AM

Jul 2007
Code Geass season one's ending has officially left me in despair. Maybe I'm being pessimistic, maybe I'm misinterpreting things, but the way things are going on I'm crying. Not to mention Inoue dying, she's really minor as a character but I liked her for some reason. Nina seriously needs to use her table to break in her skull, nuclear bombs are really quite selfish. Everything is falling apart!

3 days is too long to wait for the next season's beginning, I want season 2 now. Cliffhangers of this proportion make me want to cry, oh wait I already am XD.

So ends my completely useless and utterly pointless gravedigging post that may or not spoil someone's watching experience.

Mar 23, 2008 3:57 PM

Dec 2007
Most epic cliffhanger ending I've seen in anime, I'm glad that I saw this so close to the season premiere of the R2 so now I don't have to deal with waiting as long to see what happens.

#NBHNC
Mar 27, 2008 8:39 PM

Dec 2007
Ending was epic and if 1st ep of season 2 starts with that scene it will be amazing.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2008 8:43 PM

Jul 2007
PeanutSteak said:
Most epic cliffhanger ending I've seen in anime, I'm glad that I saw this so close to the season premiere of the R2 so now I don't have to deal with waiting as long to see what happens.

Exactly what I thought when I finished watching season1 yesterday!
Mar 27, 2008 8:50 PM
Oct 2007
Okay well...

-Really happy that I watched the last 16 episode of this anime in 5 hours... I'm the type of guy that finishes what he started and since I had started on this anime, finishing it was my obvious choice...

-Reason i'm happy is because if I had gone on and watch the anime in a slower method, I would have broken my monitor...

-Pissed because of the fact that Lulu was made to be the main character just to be hated by almost every person in the goddamn thing, losing everything in the end, being portrayed as a deserter... Damn wtf? couldn't you just have based the story in the eyes of Suzaku's? that way the viewers don't get as disappointed or fu*king pissed so goddamn much if you do decide to kill Lulu off? But I guess thats a wee bit too late huh, him losing everything is basically the same as him dying... Having the main character turned into bullsh*t like this isn't really satisfying, you go through all that character development on Lulu just for him to lose everything in the end is a pure waste of time...

-Also it's good that theres a few weeks left for the continuation of this anime.. A cliffhanger ending...

-But, respect to CC for staying with Lulu till the end, even though its expected since she's the one who gave him the power, etc...

-Beautiful kiss... If I ignored all of the bullsh*t Lulu's into, wasting my time watching this series aint so bad after seeing this scene... Guess I prolly just think that Lulu is the most suitable person for CC and vice versa... Wonderful pair imo...

-Can't forget Euphie, she didnt deserve to end up that way... Rest in peace m'lady...

-My apologies If this comment have offended you in any way, truly sorry...

ZerachromaMar 27, 2008 9:06 PM
Mar 28, 2008 9:29 PM
Mar 2008
The way I see it-
- Lulu's too damn hawt, it justifies a lot of his actions
- Kallen was thinking about how Japan was just a tool to Lelouch; that pissed her off, but the ends justifies the means
- C.C. can't be stuck in the bottom of the ocean cause she's so awesome. Awesome people don't die by drowning.
- Lulu x C.C. or Lulu x Kallen ... which is hawter...
Mar 29, 2008 12:49 AM

Jan 2008
Season 2 is just around the corner!
Yep, I just finished it myself. Great anime, I started and finished it without any interruptions (other than School Days OVA yesterday). 10/10 in my book . Sad to see Kallen sad herself though =[

我爱你

Mar 29, 2008 7:41 AM

Apr 2007
zomfg.

I started watching code geass way back as it was still airing, however for some strange reason g.g's subs weren't working and i couldn't find any other subs, so it ended up going on hold at episode 10 or so. Now i just finished it, marathoning from eps 8.5 to 25 in 2 days, using the rest of gg's subs which i had downloaded (which work now as before i didn't have mpc), and other subs.

And wow was it epic, especially at the suddenness of Euphie... That was unbelievably awesome, i totally didn't see that coming... However i cannot give this a 10/10 for Code Geass does have its flaws in plot holes, and other things that just don't make sense. Overall thou, hell yeah for marathoning, and bring on the 2nd season. 9/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 31, 2008 8:10 PM

Jul 2007
Just finished this series... geeze what a crazy series.

I am completely confused and lost when it comes to how to feel about all the characters. Seeing everyone's feelings I don't know how to react.

I wanted Lelouch to get a happy ending, now I'm not so sure that I want that, not to mention how hard that'll be.

I agree, the fact that Zero left everyone to basically die just sorta makes me wonder how he'll have any crediability from now on. I can't see how anyone will trust him.

I feel bad for Euphie :(
Apr 1, 2008 9:01 AM

Oct 2007
Even though Lelouch did a heck of a lot of really bad stuff, such as letting that happen to Euphie, I still really like him. Most of the events were out of his control and he just used the outcome to suit him best... I believe he is, in fact, a good person :3

And also, Karen should shut up and listen to what he has to say... he wasn't using Japan at all >:(

Hurry up series two!! >.<
Apr 25, 2008 3:55 AM

Nov 2007
this was too intense. noone ever wanted to listen to what he had to say. fuckers!

his damn eye forced things to continue....he almost had his utopia with euphie...

im always gonna miss euphie and her innocence.
May 6, 2008 6:19 PM

Feb 2008
OMG SO AWESOME
May 15, 2008 10:39 PM

Jan 2008
ugh.. everything is starting to fall apart for Lulu
May 24, 2008 1:32 AM

Jan 2008
BladerJC said:
OM@&#I&*RFG SO AWESOME!!!!!!
Jun 1, 2008 8:11 PM

Feb 2008
No ending have given me this much feeling of suspense since Berserk.
Forum signatures are annoying.
Jun 5, 2008 6:10 AM

Jul 2007
Saati-Chii said:
Even though Lelouch did a heck of a lot of really bad stuff, such as letting that happen to Euphie, I still really like him. Most of the events were out of his control and he just used the outcome to suit him best... I believe he is, in fact, a good person :3

And also, Karen should shut up and listen to what he has to say... he wasn't using Japan at all >:(

Hurry up series two!! >.<
This is the person i agree with most who talked about this episode.
Lulu -is- a good guy, but hes determined in getting what he wants no matter what. Finding out who killed his mother, and saving Nunnally/giving her a good place to live, is whats most important to him.
Haruhi-ism. Because the best religion comes from a god who doesn't know what she's doing.
Jun 12, 2008 8:43 PM

Jun 2008
hmm... isn't it a bit late for a new OP song??? O_O

And that was INTENSE.... Lulu T_T *suspense* *suspense* *suspense* >.<

StabbyPWNSJun 20, 2008 5:20 AM

Sig WILL change soon~
Jun 13, 2008 3:58 AM

Jan 2008
Ah C.C. just don't go dying on me...
I just thought that if I watched it when it was aired (taht is in July previous year) and had to wait till April 6 of 2008 to watch it I'd hang myself... They are really cruel.
Aug 25, 2008 6:49 PM

May 2008
epi 24 was good.
Aug 27, 2008 10:26 AM

Aug 2007
I was waiting for their reaction when they knew Lelouch was Zero, but I was kind of hoping for it, before he appeared evil in the eyes of everyone in the anime. T__T

Now off to watch season 2! :D
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Chilli-Kun - Apr 11, 2008

276 by CobraNotKatsura »»
Yesterday, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

babykeiji - Feb 22, 2008

122 by shakinfuture2 »»
Apr 11, 4:51 AM

» Code Geass is an omnipandering anime ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Feb 3

69 by AnimSr »»
Mar 31, 4:09 AM

Poll: » Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Faust721 - Feb 18, 2007

142 by Ja_LYMPIK »»
Mar 17, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Crystal - Feb 7, 2007

175 by Ja_LYMPIK »»
Mar 17, 2:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.