Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 29, 2007 12:50 AM

Nov 2006
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.----------------------------------------

Mod Edit: Please note that this thread used to bundle both episodes 24 + 25 due to the double airing of episodes. Since multiple threads kept being made of episode 25, thus making it confusing of having two different threads, this is now just EPISODE 24. There are still spoilers about the last episode in here, so don't read further if you don't want to be spoiled

Although there aren't subs yet, I figured I'd go ahead and put this up.
My thoughts about it are still kind of jumbled up, but a few things stand out.

-Arthur saving Suzaku was hilarious
-Orange's ooo--negaiiiiiiiiii was awesome
-Nina is crazy
-V.V.'s voice wins
-C.C. and Lulu's kiss was unexpected but done well
-I think Kallen shot at Suzaku near the very end. What I'm wondering is, if this really happened, what will happen since Suzaku still has his "live" Geass command?

Epic discussion GO!
TyrelMar 8, 2017 11:54 PM
Jul 29, 2007 1:09 AM

Apr 2007
windy said:

-C.C. and Lulu's kiss was unexpected but done well

JUST. AS. PLANNED.

His face was hilarious.
Jul 29, 2007 6:55 AM
Feb 2007
Can't wait for season 2, or subs. I wonder if Cornelia will survive, same with the Knights since with Lulu off rescuing Nunnally, they seemed to be falling apart.
Jul 29, 2007 8:49 AM

Jul 2007
AAAAAH I CAN'T TAKE THIS T___T
the subs need to come out RIGHT NOW.
Jul 29, 2007 9:13 AM

Jul 2007
omg D: where is the raw?
Jul 29, 2007 9:58 AM

Dec 2006
The conclusion was amazing. I'm sad its a bit (actually a huge) cliffhanger, but better than some rushed deus ex machina.

I wanted the Black Knights to pull off a win but now it looks doubtful.
Jul 29, 2007 12:51 PM

May 2007
I'll await the subs before making my judgment.
Jul 29, 2007 1:30 PM

Jul 2007
ah~
they have the sub up for episode 24 @ tokyotosho.com
raws are up there as well ^^
i'm downloading them now~!
Jul 29, 2007 1:39 PM

May 2007
Such a BIG cliffhanger! I have to admit that the whole/2 episodes kept me from being bored. Something new happens all the time, Suzaku punching Lloyd, Mina with a nuke?(if thats a good word to use) and more.

Also, isn't Code Geass licensed by Bandai now?
Jul 29, 2007 2:45 PM

Jun 2007
It had some good scenes, but the cliffhangers really annoyed me. And the whole thing felt sort of rushed. I think it would have been much better if they had another 15 minutes or so to space it out over and add decent transitions.
Jul 29, 2007 2:56 PM

Apr 2007
Even with the huge cliffhanger of an ending that was amazing...
So much is still going on, and so much is left to be answered...
Simply can't wait for season 2! (Hopeing it'll be soon.. but the quickest we'll probably see it is April '08 :( )

Anyways, thoughts on the actual episodes contents: Nina is psycho, she seems in worse shape then Suzaku is over Euphie's death. New geass guy (Well he was in 22 or whatever, but still new) doesn't really seem too interesting, I'd like to know the power of his geass though. The cliffhanger bugged me alot at first, because I was so in to the episode.. but I quickly got over that and seriously can't wait for season 2. BTW, that new OP rocks.
Jul 29, 2007 4:30 PM

Nov 2006
man i hate cliffhangers but this these episodes were good. S 2 cant wait for it. one hell of a ending.

Jul 29, 2007 4:44 PM

Apr 2007
Need seson 2 now!
Jul 29, 2007 5:07 PM

Jan 2007
lame ending... i just hate sunrise ending... must have code geass 2... now!
Jul 29, 2007 6:37 PM

May 2007
I thought the ending was perfect and a great way to lead into Season 2 of Code Geass with a lot of unanswered questions. You all have to admit that you are eagerly awaiting as to what will happen next.

I'm very curious to see how they continue the story, with the rebellion starting to lose against Britannia and of course, everything with Nunnally. I can't believe it - why does everything bad have to happen to the innocent!?

I'm also curious, if you what say Windy about thinking that Kallen shot at Suzaku at the end and what would happen. Then again, there are a lot of what if's. So we'll just have to wait and see.

Edit: Yeah, I know that Code Geass did get licensed and I believe it was by Bandai.
VK11Jul 29, 2007 6:54 PM
Jul 29, 2007 6:40 PM

Jul 2007
Argh... I calmed down a bit from that cliffhanger.
All I have to say right now is it was pretty well done.
And I want season two announcement now...
Jul 29, 2007 8:04 PM

Jul 2007
wow explosive ending
I was biting my nails the entire last episode lol, I'm not disappointed at all, Im a cliffhanger lover btw lol It was a perfect way of ending the first season, it was well worth the wait, the second season is going to be awesome^^,
Jul 29, 2007 8:38 PM

Jan 2007
Even though i hate cliffhangers, it was a great way to end. These last two episodes were really exciting. C.C. just past Kallen for the Geass top character spot. Anyways, onto S2.
Jul 29, 2007 9:01 PM

Feb 2007
I need season 2!!!!!!!!!!!

AHH! LULU's perfect plan has been ruined.. I am a bit crushed about that.. Everyone is against lulu now, except C.C.! Kallen is even pissed..

I can believe he left the Japanese but yet.. it was a bad move in a way because now everyone who followed him hates him.

I really really wonder what happened at the end, and I need the next season right now!!!! Roar!

LULU!!!!!!!!!!! AHH! I am so emotional about this. So much stuff happened, I cannot even imagine how everything will work out in the end with so much.. action! I like the fact that that there were basically no transitions at all. I mean, I had to pause part way through to just BREATH but it was so intense and.. ah!
Jul 29, 2007 9:55 PM

Jul 2007

selective_yellow said:
LULU!!!!!!!!!!! AHH! I am so emotional about this. So much stuff happened, I cannot even imagine how everything will work out in the end with so much.. action! I like the fact that that there were basically no transitions at all. I mean, I had to pause part way through to just BREATH but it was so intense and.. ah!

I know what you mean, i was really into the episode as well, i was in a epileptic seizure-like shock the whole episode lol
Jul 29, 2007 10:31 PM

Jul 2007
Villetta shot Ogi hahaha poor Ogi
Jul 30, 2007 12:18 AM

Mar 2007
Just got done watching the HQ subs from Your-Mom. I must say, Your-Mom has improved a lot... they did a very good job with the subs.

Anyway... the episode was awesome and well done, was worth the wait. The ending was a cliff hanger... sheesh, wait several months just for a cliff hanger making us wait several more months for the sequel.

Alright, time to try to get my breathing back to normal -_-
Jul 30, 2007 9:58 AM

Jul 2007
So there IS gonna be a season 2? Really great episodes ^^
Devil in the mirror, child of the beast!
Jul 30, 2007 10:08 AM

Dec 2006
Intense conclusion to the first season, though I also hated the fact that so much was left unanswered, it was still satisfactory in away.

Suzaku is starting to piss me off major, that guy needs to die already D: I really hope that gunshot was Kallen that shot him or something.
リスト 。。

Jul 30, 2007 10:12 AM

Apr 2007
wildex999 said:

Yes, there's going to be a season 2. If there wasn't that would be one messed up ending :P
Jul 30, 2007 12:15 PM

Jun 2007
Kira said:
Intense conclusion to the first season, though I also hated the fact that so much was left unanswered, it was still satisfactory in away.

Suzaku is starting to piss me off major, that guy needs to die already D: I really hope that gunshot was Kallen that shot him or something.

same here! cant stand suzaku :S hes so annoying *punches suzaku in the face*
Jul 30, 2007 5:01 PM

Jul 2007
Just watched the final two eps. That was INTENSE. Things aren't looking too good for Lelouch. I mean, he screwed up big time when he geassed Euphie, but at least it looked like he was gonna win. I think I already have an idea what's gonna happen next. Since they showed Nunally's face when they were about to shoot each other, I assume she has attained a geass that will prevent it.

I really want Code Geass season 2 right now!

To think I thought I wouldn't like this anime, and avoided it for... well, I only watched the series 3 weeks ago in 2 sittings.
Jul 30, 2007 6:30 PM

Jul 2007
*craziness and cursing starts here*

*craziness ends here*
WTF NO NEW CODE GEASS TIL OCTOBER T_________________T
Jul 30, 2007 7:34 PM

Apr 2007
I was miffed when I got to the ending. I agree with most, though, in that it was better than a deus ex machina ending. I feel sad for Ogi. Cheers for season 2!
Jul 30, 2007 7:50 PM

Jul 2007
if kallen dies i will /slit
Jul 30, 2007 8:24 PM

Oct 2006
The thing that irks me most is that we had to wait so long for another cliffhanger. It wouldn't bother me so much if the episodes had aired right after 23, but as it is it's kind of irritating.
Jul 30, 2007 8:41 PM

May 2007
melancholy said:
*craziness and cursing starts here*

*craziness ends here*

Hahaha.

MistaNight said:
wildex999 said:

Yes, there's going to be a season 2. If there wasn't that would be one messed up ending :P

Definitely would be. O_o
Jul 30, 2007 8:54 PM

Apr 2007
wow, made us wait for final two episodes only to left us with a cliffhanger, how did they manage to think that up? =.=
Jul 30, 2007 10:40 PM

Aug 2006
All I'm going to say was that I like how it ended and I'm eagerly awaiting season two!
Jul 31, 2007 12:25 AM

Mar 2007
imo, the ending was awesome. The cliffhanger is too much for me to handle, though. It took me quite a while to calm down. I was thinking that when 24 & 25 comes, most, if not all of my question about the series will be answered. How wrongI was. More questions popped into my mind as the episodes progressed.

Superb ending, if i must say. HURRY UP WITH SEASON TWO ALREADY!
Jul 31, 2007 7:59 AM

Aug 2006
Zamitsu said:
Sigh, what a terrible ending. That was by far the most over-hyped ending to anything I've ever seen. They wait 2 months (maybe more? I forget) to release 2 episodes to finish off the first season with a terrible cliffhanger.

QFT!!! Goddammit... it kinda pissed me off... T_T Now we have to wait until October?!!?? Those rotten bastards!!! **goes off to sulk**
Jul 31, 2007 8:34 AM

Aug 2006
Zamitsu said:
I'm not even anticipating season 2 now. I'm trying to understand how they could fail so hard with all of that hype???? I guess the money making and appealing to the masses part is what they were after, and I suppose they achieved that; although, if I do keep watching, and they pull off this whole "justice prevails" bullshit like Death Note, I'll be so, so disappointed.

I dunno. I liked the Death Note ending. I wanted Light to pay for what he had done... because he went beyond the "justice" of killing just the criminals... I lost all respect for Light when he killed Ray Penbar and his fiancee.

As for now, I'm still in LeLouche's corner... sort of... I mean... when I thought he was doing what he was doing for Japan... to give the people their country back... but now... finding out all these deaths... all this crap was just to get revenge for his mother's death... for that... he could have walked in and killed his father... and it would have all been done and over with...

...but after what happened to Euphemia... and watching him "desert" his troops... well... I just don't know...

...and I hate that I have to frikkin' wait 'till October to find anything else out.
Jul 31, 2007 8:54 AM

Aug 2006
Zamitsu said:
Rofl, yeah. Oh what people will do for cash. I still like Lelouche, he's pretty cool, and unlike Light he seems to have a better shot at actually acheiving his goal because Geass is a little more unlrealistic than Death Note so he has many more options. However, I still have very little hope left that he will succeed. All signs point to him getting overthrown, just like Light -_-.

YES!! But I'm not pulling for Lelouche to win, so much, as I am for the Japanese people to get their country back... and to stop being called "Elevens" and being treated like trash in their own country.
Jul 31, 2007 5:07 PM
Jun 2007
First of all, can we get a round of applause for C.C.'s badonkadonk. XD

Seriously, WOW! that was one Amazing episode, no, Epic would be a better description.
That was worth the wait because it delivered and met my expectations. The action was always intense and never let up for a single moment. I especially enjoyed the fights between the Gawain and Jeremiah.

On the other hand, we were left with a cliffhanger. But that was to be expected. My only issue with the episode was that it only gave us a tease of the answers that the viewers were looking for: the events that occurred on the day Marianne died, the mastermind behind the plot, V.V.'s identity, etc..

Although, I having a hard time thinking of what happened toward the end. Who pulled the trigger? If Lelouch dies, so do Kallen and Suzaku, but the order for Suzaku to survive should still be in place. So how does that work out?
Jul 31, 2007 6:20 PM

Jul 2007
asuka23 said:

Although, I having a hard time thinking of what happened toward the end. Who pulled the trigger? If Lelouch dies, so do Kallen and Suzaku, but the order for Suzaku to survive should still be in place. So how does that work out?

Someone gonna interrupt them for sure since both of them can't die.
V.V. perhaps? The emperor?

One thing I feel that will happen though is they'll go to that Valhalla like place for just a bit.
Jul 31, 2007 7:57 PM

Jun 2007
I'm guessing someone shot but missed or Kallen shot one of them (I'm thinking Suzaku.) but the wound didn't kill them. Or maybe Kallen took the shot.
Jul 31, 2007 11:37 PM

May 2007
Did anyone watch the bit after the ED?

It seemed to point towards C.C. dying, which I think would be horrible. I say horrible because I rather like C.C., although it might be good for plot development.

Right now, I'm just hoping it doesn't turn out as horribly for Lulu as it looks like it's going to, that C.C. doesn't die, and that Kallen manages to survive.

Suzaku I couldn't care less about. He's never been a character I cared about. He's just so freaking hypocritical. He's all high and mighty, while meanwhile he's in an oraganization that kills civilians. Say what you will about Lulu, he doesn't wantonly kill innocents. I think everyone he intentionally killed or had killed was part of the Britannia military or government.
honeybunchApr 25, 2008 7:48 PM
Aug 1, 2007 11:38 AM

Nov 2004
I thought Kallen would be happy =(

edit typo
AokaadoAug 1, 2007 11:43 AM
Aug 1, 2007 11:42 AM

Jul 2007
Aokaado said:
I though kallen would be happy =(

Hm. Why would kallen be happy XD?
then again, lelouch and kallen make a hot couple
Aug 1, 2007 1:37 PM

Apr 2007
melancholy said:

Where are you getting October from? I don't believe there's a date yet, and seeing as Oct is only a few months away and it hasn't been said yet (as far as I know at least) it's highly unlikely as well considering that Sunrise has Gundam 00 already coming out in Oct.
Aug 1, 2007 2:06 PM
Jun 2007
Azndude said:
asuka23 said:

Someone gonna interrupt them for sure since both of them can't die.
V.V. perhaps? The emperor?

One thing I feel that will happen though is they'll go to that Valhalla like place for just a bit.

Well, maybe Kallen got shot by Suzaku =( .Maybe Suzaku thought the killing her would somehow ease the pain of losing Euphie. As much as I like Kallen, I just don't see her in a happy ending with Lelouch, or in any kind of happy ending for that matter. I always thought that she'd die at some point.

Aug 1, 2007 5:14 PM

Apr 2007
i liked the ending.

CC + lulu against the world
for
the
fucking
win
!
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Aug 1, 2007 5:34 PM

Nov 2006
suzaku can just die

Aug 1, 2007 5:58 PM
Apr 2007
Chelle said:
...but after what happened to Euphemia... and watching him "desert" his troops... well... I just don't know...

my sentiments exactly...those were the two things that happened in the series that pissed me off the most...lelouche is so damn selfish...sacrificing and abandoning all those japanese people that supported him for what? so he and his sister can live in a world better than the current one? please, give me a break...and then for euphie to die in a freak geass accident...ugh...damn this series...it pisses me off so much, yet is so compelling to watch! >:(

asuka23 said:

this is something that i thought about as well...i personally think that lelouche's geass has a restriction that if it's only possible, then the order will be carried out...for example, if lelouche gave a command for a person to walk through a wall, it won't work because humans can't walk through walls so if suzaku shot lelouch, the geass order won't work because he won't be able to survive the explosion afterwards...that's my hypothesis at least...i don't think they will kill off suzaku though...

honeybunch said:

Suzaku I couldn't care less about. He's never been a character I cared about. He's just so freaking hypocritical. He's all high and mighty, while meanwhile he's in an oraganization that kills civilians. Say what you will about Lulu, he doesn't wantonly kill innocents. I think everyone he intentionally killed or had killed was part of the Britannia military or government.

suzaku's way of thinking > lulu's way of thinking, imo...suzaku is following orders and constantly puts his life on the line to rectify his sin of killing his father...that's why he has such a sense of "justice" about him since he realizes the mistake he made when he murdered his dad...lulu on the other hand is nothing but a selfish bastard...as i stated earlier, he sacrificed and abandoned all of the japanese troops at a critical point just to save ONE person, nunnally...not only that, it doesn't matter whether or not he intentionally or doesn't intentionally kill innocents...he didn't intentionally kill shirley's dad, so does that make it right? or how about all the other people he used as mere "pawns in a game of chess" just to chase after his pathetic dream of having a world where he and nunnally can live in peace? to me, he doesn't care about the liberation of japan, but is chasing after his own personal goals instead...i'm seriously surprised so many people like his character while hating suzaku's...not only that, suzaku's character shouldn't be killed off...suzaku is lelouche's rival of sorts and their method of doing things is in direct conflict of each other...if you kill off suzaku, lelouche's character loses his rival and begins sucking in the process...remember the character L and his rival light in death note? spoilers for death note below...

Aug 1, 2007 6:22 PM

Jul 2007
MistaNight said:
melancholy said:

Where are you getting October from? I don't believe there's a date yet, and seeing as Oct is only a few months away and it hasn't been said yet (as far as I know at least) it's highly unlikely as well considering that Sunrise has Gundam 00 already coming out in Oct.

It was mentioned New Type Magazine that the second season of code geass would be released along with the fall anime, which is in October :P
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Chilli-Kun - Apr 11, 2008

276 by CobraNotKatsura »»
Apr 23, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

babykeiji - Feb 22, 2008

122 by shakinfuture2 »»
Apr 11, 4:51 AM

» Code Geass is an omnipandering anime ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Feb 3

69 by AnimSr »»
Mar 31, 4:09 AM

Poll: » Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Faust721 - Feb 18, 2007

142 by Ja_LYMPIK »»
Mar 17, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Crystal - Feb 7, 2007

175 by Ja_LYMPIK »»
Mar 17, 2:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.