Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Aug 8, 2011 7:10 AM

Jul 2010
Poor Rin. Almost everyone is scared of him.
Aug 8, 2011 7:25 AM

Apr 2011
One hell of a kickass episode!

That fanservice is unexpected and hilarious. Never expected blue flames can do that. Blue flames are so perverted. And Shura's ass! XD

Love the cute moment between Rin and Izumo. Izumo blushing is so adorable.

MagitoAug 8, 2011 7:43 AM
Aug 8, 2011 7:42 AM

Jan 2009
lol amaimon got K.O ed before OP
Aug 8, 2011 8:18 AM

Apr 2011
the fight could have lasted a bit longer. I feel sorry that Amaimon was killed by Rin. And Rin's preparation for the exorcist exam began. I enjoyed the fanservice.
Aug 8, 2011 9:02 AM

Feb 2008
If everyone hates him why did they even bother getting his sword fixed? What a stupid development.
Aug 8, 2011 9:18 AM

Apr 2011
Kurogashi said:
What chapter is it where the anime starts diverging from?
After knowing there's an anime alternative route, I keep saying to myself 'this is fake', while watching the episode, which is starting to bother me.

Because the manga takes place in reality, right? :P Rather than tell yourself it's a "fake" story working in opposition to the "true" story, why not think of it as two different tellings of the one story? Neither version of events actually took place so there's no truth or falseness to either one, being entirely works of fiction.

You can't even really say this was the mangaka's "real" vision of the story, because we aren't around in the boardroom where these decisions are made. The creator could have decided he didn't feel like re-telling everything from page 1, or wished he'd done some things differently. Who are we fans to tell him to replicate the exact same ground he's just covered?
Aug 8, 2011 9:26 AM

Aug 2011
ok in this episode

amaimon vs rin: rin was a bit "cooler" but that was a lame as hell fight...

yukio being a potential demon: interested me, wtf was that thing on his armpit

training: i hope it doesnt drag on like naruto training which usually takes AGES

shadow demon thingy: seems like a new arc.. i hope its nice considering its 17/25 episodes and i have no idea if theres a second season
Aug 8, 2011 9:34 AM

Aug 2010
AMAIMOOOOOON D: you were awesome while it lasted T_T
im sorry but his death was way too lame, a stab from rin's sword? REALLY? AFTER THAT EPIC BATTLE IN THE FOREST AND THIS IS HOW IT ENDS D:? *continues to rant*
whew annnnnnnnnyways it looks like we're entering the last arc of whats presumably the first season (hopefully) wonder if they're gonna continue this like nuramago or something
i wonder if konekomaru or yukio is gonna get possessed or something
izumo being nice is very understandable and that was a nice rin x izumo moment at the end, looks like bon and shima doesnt really completely hate rin and konekomaru's just plain scared >_>;
Aug 8, 2011 9:36 AM

Aug 2008
Another season, pleaseeeeee *.*
I'm really liking this, I mean, I thought they'll do something crappy when I saw the changes, but now I think I like this better than the manga version.

yes, I also think Shiemi is much more cool supporting Rin, I'm liking her again (lol)

Next week's seems promising ;b
MALoweenMansion! 2021:

main candy:

extra candy: 4x

Aug 8, 2011 10:06 AM

Apr 2011
OK, now that I've finally seen the subs! Time for my review of the episode ... apologize for the triple post but it's that or one huge one on the first page.

The opening courtroom scene was pretty epic! Even though it was brutally short, that really hammered home just how OP Rin really is. The strongest soldier in the Vatican's army got crushed like he was nothing, yet Rin didn't even break a sweat slaughtering his aniki. I guess the girl with the unreadable accent reforging his blade made it (and him by proxy) even stronger.

Bon's turnaround in personality was a bit odd, but not entirely OOC. He's always been pretty outwardly harsh with Rin, and while his actions show that he still cares about him whether he'll admit it or not, he's still going to be the first to step up and bust Okamura's balls when he thinks he needs it. He's also always been competitive with Rin, so suddenly finding out that he has a huge reservoir of fighting ability from being the Son of Satan is going to make him even more aggressive and eager to prove his worth.

It does look like this rivalry turns violent next episode from the preview ... but hopefully that'll resolve Bon's two drives (to help his friend and to kill Satan). He's just best hope Rin doesn't lose control, since if Rin can do that to the Earth King ...

Commercials: Honey lemon Fanta sounds gross ... and lolis playing card games with pedos on the beach. Sure, why not. Axe commercials in Japan are ... kinda awesome! :D Much better without the gratuitous 'Balls!' puns their American adverts have. WTF was with that little yellow bird tho? Selling face cream or something? Sometimes I wish they'd fansub the ads but then it'd take even longer.

Hnnng ... GOD Shura's got a hot pantied ass :D Bit of Yukio fanservice for the ladies too. It is a bit random that Rin's flames would decide to burn off their clothes of all things, LOL. I concur that Shura was even hotter as a teenager, whooping Bibi-megane's ass at the batting cage. That purple shit in his armpit doesn't bode well ... it almost looks like he's got the Black Plague!

5/5
Aug 8, 2011 10:08 AM

Jun 2011
Hmm. Thought the fight would be.....Longer...
Nice ep, although it doesn't look like we'll be seeing any more Amaimon. ;3;
Aug 8, 2011 10:14 AM

Apr 2009
anyone know who the VA is for Angels Sword?
she sounds familiar...
Aug 8, 2011 10:18 AM

Feb 2009
Dat outfit.
Dem boobs.
Dem legs.
Dat ass.
Dem pantsu.

And that's about it in this episode I guess.
Aug 8, 2011 10:20 AM

Jan 2009
veatbreaker said:
anyone know who the VA is for Angels Sword?
she sounds familiar...
Touyama Nao, according to the credits.
I guess that explains why she sounds familiar. ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
Funny fact: She also voices Shiemi's familiar.
OosranAug 8, 2011 10:26 AM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 8, 2011 10:20 AM

May 2010
WTF Amaimon is dead !! ToT
I wish he could stay a bit longer !!
MyAmyAug 8, 2011 10:33 AM
Aug 8, 2011 10:36 AM

Jul 2009
rreggiebryant1 said:
If everyone hates him why did they even bother getting his sword fixed? What a stupid development.

EXACTLY.
This bothers me. A LOT. I hate how they're messing up the characterization. They should have just kept it like the manga.
Aug 8, 2011 11:05 AM

Jan 2011
amirhoss said:
lol amaimon got K.O ed before OP

Thats like a new record in anime xDD
[center]
Aug 8, 2011 11:25 AM

Oct 2008
yamakasi said:
LOL. Suddenly everyone is there, the sword is fixed and Rin has amazing sword skills. Shitty writing is shitty.

indeed

also, Rin killed Amaimon waay too easily. that annoys me
[complicated pictogram] [complicated pictogram] [complicated pictogram] [urinating dog]
Aug 8, 2011 11:28 AM

Jun 2011
yamakasi said:

Why did Suguro suddenly turn on Rin? Dude, you found out he was the son of Satan and then helped him and the next day you say you don't trust him? That doesn't make any sense.

Couldn't agree more...
Aug 8, 2011 12:52 PM

Feb 2010
yoyo131 said:
yamakasi said:

Why did Suguro suddenly turn on Rin? Dude, you found out he was the son of Satan and then helped him and the next day you say you don't trust him? That doesn't make any sense.

Couldn't agree more...

THIS. WTF they go through all that trouble to repair his sword.. then they're like.. "I don't trust you!!"....wut 0_o

RedEye_Alchemist said:
yamakasi said:
LOL. Suddenly everyone is there, the sword is fixed and Rin has amazing sword skills. Shitty writing is shitty.

indeed

also, Rin killed Amaimon waay too easily. that annoys me

My other complaint this episode. Otherwise, it was a decent episode, I was just disappointed in those 2 examples.

Hopefully this show continues to be quality without more slip ups.
Aug 8, 2011 12:54 PM

Jul 2010
Damn I also feel kinda sorry for Rin now. Hopefully he will be able to believe in his powers and control them so he can really help. Let's begin by saving Konekomaru from that bird-like demon. Hopefully they'll trust him more after that.

Aug 8, 2011 1:01 PM

Sep 2010
Like others said already, it was decent episode. Different from manga =/= bad. Fight vs. Amaimon wasn't good in my opinion though (Angel and Shura seemed so weak and Rin beat him easily)
Aug 8, 2011 1:15 PM

Jan 2011
Did Rin really kill Amaimon?
If so, that really bugs me. Cuz that never happened in the manga...
I don't mind when they add stuff as long as it doesn't affect the overall plot!

Anyway...I knew this would probably happen though, where the anime starts to go in a different direction than the manga (kinda like the first Fullmetal alchemist...then they weren't able to get back on track with the manga because of the changes)...

But it was a good episode.
Aug 8, 2011 1:21 PM

Jan 2008
Awesome, Amaimon got kil- wait what? I guess... that's fine, I don't ever recall seeing him again anyways.

Anyways, I just wanna punch that baldy in the face.
Aug 8, 2011 2:08 PM

Oct 2008
I CAN'T EVEN PUT MY FEELINGS FOR THIS EPISODE INTO WORDS.

SO MUCH HAPPENED IN THIS EPISODE. I JUST CAN'T.
Aug 8, 2011 2:12 PM

Jul 2010
With the whole Bon not trusting Rin thing,my guess is that when it seemed like Rin was about to burn Shiemi,Bon freaked out and lost sight of what he was doing for Rin.Anyways,Rin vs Amaimon Round 3 was a major fail.Hopefully if Rin has to fight anymore of his demon brothers,it won't be an easy victory.
Aug 8, 2011 2:34 PM

Nov 2007
Kyaaa! Yukio in his underwear! x3
XD He seems like he has some infection on his arm. :(

banana
Aug 8, 2011 3:12 PM
Oct 2010
DAFUQ was the crow-like thingy? And Shura is sexxxxxxxy *///A///*
Aug 8, 2011 3:16 PM

Aug 2010
The anime is really quite good. I don't understand people getting into hissy-fits because it doesnt follow the manga as close as they want it to. It's amazing for what it is, and imo you really have to be closed minded to enjoy the manga but not the anime.
Aug 8, 2011 3:49 PM

Jul 2009
Hooray boobies!
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Aug 8, 2011 3:54 PM

Oct 2009
So far so good at this point.

So now the demons attack again, this time heading for Rin and Konekomaru. What hapepns next time?

Aug 8, 2011 3:55 PM

Feb 2008
so she was stacked even as a kid.....

so this is where it diverges from the manga?
Aug 8, 2011 4:09 PM

Aug 2010
All the stuff before the intro was awesome! I love how everyone teamed up to get the sword to Rin :) After, it was kind of boring but I wonder what happened to the little dude with glasses xD The underwear part was hilarious ahahah and I'm worried for Yukio D:
Aug 8, 2011 4:25 PM
Jun 2011
really great episode it's developing alot faster but then again still keeping it's usual pace
Aug 8, 2011 4:33 PM
Feb 2010
WTF IS THIS
Is it just me or has this completely gone off course to the Manga, I don't remember any of this happening and certainly not Rin killing Amaimon. At least they kept the batting scene.

Why can't they just let it end at a reasonable manga scene, is it because there isn't enough material to make it into a cash cow?
Mangaka could always do the Manga weekly.
Aug 8, 2011 5:20 PM

Feb 2010
the fight was stupid.

izumo was cool.
Aug 8, 2011 6:32 PM

Jan 2011
I wish i could make pesty demons insects go away like Rin does with his flames.

And i wouldn't have expected for Shura to wear such panties. It does not really fit with what she behaves like i'd say, her being all cool and laid back.

And while her normal outfit is quite revealing, she still was quick to cover her breasts there. Neither of them was embarassed though, only really suprised, probably because of the shock of being "burned".

Good to see that they keep that up, in most other anime the girls scream pervert whenever they can, even if it's their fault, like running into the mens bathroom etc.
NwAurionAug 8, 2011 6:43 PM
Aug 8, 2011 6:48 PM

Aug 2010
This was a pretty damn good ep. Awesome beginning with action packed-ness. xP
Aug 8, 2011 7:30 PM

Jun 2007
LightningRamiel said:
So it's like it follows the manga and then it doesn't and then it kinda does... makes me wonder if they'll do a more faithful adaptation a la FMA Brotherhood in the future.

Either way, it was kinda anticlimactic how quickly Amaimon got offed. As I said last week, the whole cuckoo clock scene in the manga seemed like it was there to keep him around for later, but I guess the anime didn't feel like doing that.

And now Konekomaru's going rogue?

EDIT: I know I kinda sound like a manga purist, but it's really just the fact that it's somewhat jarring seeing the series diverge, especially when the first half played it really straight. I'll hold full judgment for after the series end, as I think we all should.

I agree. It would be one thing if they completely moved away from the manga but for them to keep jumping back and forth it simply makes no sense for people actually watching the show. One second everyone wants to help Rin get his sword fixed even though they know he's satan's kid and the next they want nothing to do with him....wtf? Yukio has demon crap on his arm too...it feels like they're rushing what the mangaka plans to do in the faaaarrrr off future. I can only hope they stop making inconsistency's like this....but then again they clearly don't have enough episodes to cover the next arc so I wouldn't be surprised if they go all original now which, in my opinion, would be better.
Aug 8, 2011 7:39 PM

Aug 2011
here is my thoughts on everyone complaining about it being different from the manga

thats all you guys are doing, is it really a bad thing that all the charecters dont break charecter to hate rin, even though bon and bald kid are upset they arent all out hate on him like the manga does
Aug 8, 2011 7:39 PM

Aug 2011
here is my thoughts on everyone complaining about it being different from the manga

thats all you guys are doing, is it really a bad thing that all the charecters dont break charecter to hate rin, even though bon and bald kid are upset they arent all out hate on him like the manga does
Aug 8, 2011 8:19 PM

Jul 2011
The only thing I hate about this series are the constant cliff hangers. Everytime an episode ends, I want to kill myself. 1 week is too long. RAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWRRRRRRR DAMNIT! >______< BLAH!

Anyways...
Aug 8, 2011 10:00 PM

Jan 2010
Yukio looked good in his underwear~
I want Izumo together with Rin, Shiemi is the most annoying thing about this show.
Aug 8, 2011 10:20 PM

Mar 2008
look it was alright but i hate it how they are changing shit everywhere...

and longshoremanX its not just about the character it seems like they are changing everything slowly which is gay..
longshoremanX said:

No matter how many breaths that you took, you still couldn't breath.
Aug 8, 2011 10:26 PM

Apr 2009
Ha, I love that they included the whole Shura vs Yukio scene. Very cool.

And what the hell is happening to Yukio? (those black spots on his shoulder?) I'm having a really awful feeling that he'll be one of the villains later on. Shura had already hinted that "guys like him are the first to fall to demons." Gaaah~ I hope not.

I guess I'm one of the few who's glad that they decided to skip the whole Kyoto arc. And the part in the manga where all his friends turned against Rin. Really, that was annoying (it made me hate Konekomaru and Shiemi even more).

Aug 9, 2011 12:40 AM
Apr 2011
Tenchi_Ryu said:
FMA was one of the greatest anime shows ever made.....seriously, what is the FMAB vs FMA thing everyone wants to try to use? FMAB was action paced while FMA was completely character driven. Both used different methods to create 2 great shows.

I'm really late (page wise) but:

http://myanimelist.net/anime/121/Fullmetal_Alchemist
http://myanimelist.net/anime/5114/Fullmetal_Alchemist:_Brotherhood

Look at the difference in their ranks. There's a reason why animes that stick to their manga counterparts do better and that's why I used the comparison.

Also yeah it is actually kind of a bad thing that the anime is steering off the manga. It's been two episodes and they've already subtly hinted Yukio is a demon, which never happens in the manga and might throw the whole thing off for good, said Bon's dad is dead, completely changed the personality of the characters and created loopholes and inconsistencies in regards to Amaimon and how Rin beat him in a couple of strikes while the Paladin (read: the strongest exorcist) gets knocked back like a rag doll. Yes, Rin's the son of satan and has awesome demonic powers, but if you contrast Shiro's willpower to resist the actual Satan taking over his body and Arthur's inability to defeat a weak (in comparison) prince like Amaimon, you gotta start questioning things.

Also yeah I guess I am bitching. They're probably just setting themselves up for a filler arc. They should've just waited a couple more months for more chapters to be released. I mean, everyone knows how slow they come out.
Aug 9, 2011 2:18 AM

Feb 2011
Boomedan said:
Tenchi_Ryu said:
FMA was one of the greatest anime shows ever made.....seriously, what is the FMAB vs FMA thing everyone wants to try to use? FMAB was action paced while FMA was completely character driven. Both used different methods to create 2 great shows.

This is one example. And you can't even fairly attribute that success to its adherence to the manga.
I'm with you on the inconsistencies. I'm not with you on everything else you're saying.
Basically, "It's a bad thing the anime is steering off the manga" because "the anime is steering off the manga." (Because Yukio never became a demon in the manga, which we don't know will happen yet, they can't do it in the anime.)
It is an adaptation.
However, I agree that there are still some things they need to iron out. There are a couple flaws, inconsistencies... but as has been said, it is a different medium, and if an anime is masterfully crafted despite strong deviation from its manga counterpart, (note: masterfully) I think it should be praised too. The manga should not be put on a pedestal. It's up for interpretation as well.
If you lived in your computer, you'd be home already.
Aug 9, 2011 4:54 AM

Sep 2006
Apart from the director not being to make up his mind whether Bon and co. should be for or against Rin, this episode was pretty alright I guess.

There wasn't really anything in the manga interesting or relevant enough with 7 episodes left (and I hate the Bon's hometown arc to the core), so a filler ending is expected. It probably might not stray too far away from the manga, since with a bit of creativity the extra events can be rewritten into manga continuity. (Unless there's something up with Yukio..) If Ao no Exorcist continues to be good, I don't see why they wouldn't make a follow up season a year later or something.
Aug 9, 2011 5:52 AM

Jul 2009
If Amimon is dead, then this is an ultra anti-climactic cliche...
Many shounen's allow the youngster character to finish off an established opponent, without even providing enough evidence they're fit to face off against eachother, in order to gain some status within the series and trick the audience into seeing character development - who has come into a series simply to die is often obvious.

I like Izumo's brutal honesty; being blunt is nessessary at times - I'd rather someone was direct then stuttering and isolating me.
Rin failed by hitting the wall however; what bad luck on him.
The group have every right to be wary of Rin to be frank, quite realistic; whether or not he's an innocent, a threat is a threat.

It's amazing how little this group actually knew about eachother...
Considering Bon has declaired previously that he wants to defeat Satan and him and his group are monks(?), you would think Rin for example would be interested in their similar backgrounds, yet he seems to busy fanboying over Shiemi?
In such a small group of magic people, you'd assume everyone had an interesting backstory - the group could do with a team building exercise.

This author better make Yukio importiant...
You can't bring in a twin to the 'be-all-and-end-all' main and allow the audience to simply accept he's not powerful and will therefore, never be a hero (atleats make him a villian, or increase his status from token 'brainbox').

Aug 9, 2011 6:04 AM

Jan 2011
TypeOfCicada said:
Boomedan said:
Tenchi_Ryu said:

This is one example. And you can't even fairly attribute that success to its adherence to the manga.
I'm with you on the inconsistencies. I'm not with you on everything else you're saying.
Basically, "It's a bad thing the anime is steering off the manga" because "the anime is steering off the manga." (Because Yukio never became a demon in the manga, which we don't know will happen yet, they can't do it in the anime.)
It is an adaptation.
However, I agree that there are still some things they need to iron out. There are a couple flaws, inconsistencies... but as has been said, it is a different medium, and if an anime is masterfully crafted despite strong deviation from its manga counterpart, (note: masterfully) I think it should be praised too. The manga should not be put on a pedestal. It's up for interpretation as well.

Pretty much. Boomedan, you're doing exactly what is considered the crime right now, giving the anime a low rating SOLELY because its doing things different than the manga, and thats not a good way to judge an anime. What's wrong with the anime letting us know about Yukio's relation to satan? Its not like its something thats just out the ass, if Yukio is Rin's brother by blood, TWIN brother, who did you think was the father?

And using the different scores of FMA and FMBA is not a accurate way of comparing, because MAL is loaded with people who thinks FMAB was better only because it followed the manga precisely, so their votes where very BIAS. And even then, the scores are very well distanced from each other, its not like FMAB is shitting on the original's score.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 31, 2011

191 by XILG »»
Apr 16, 11:29 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 22, 2011

202 by XILG »»
Apr 11, 7:51 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Zeando - May 1, 2011

239 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:43 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Apr 24, 2011

310 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:41 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 17, 2011

302 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.