Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Dec 20, 2011 5:53 AM

May 2009
What was that thing on Yukio's arm....

Sometimes I can hear my bones straining under the weight of all the lives I'm not living.

Feb 25, 2012 6:20 AM

Nov 2010
Yukio is getting blue flames as well!

It was a nice training scene.
Apr 19, 2012 9:15 AM

Apr 2012
It's like a batting cage with more violent projectiles.
Jun 10, 2012 9:51 PM

Jul 2009
I'm gonna be really disappointed if Amaimon died so quickly (especially with Mephisto just watching) :S I mean he IS the "Earth King" ... I don't think he'd be so easily defeated ... right? O_O
Well at least not everybody totally supports Rin right off the bat ... Bon is showing some reluctance too :P
Training was awesome XD Rin totally failed to light the candles lol :P I love the interaction between Yukio and Shura XD Haven't fangirled about Yukio for a while ... he's got something on his arm! D: I wonder if he's got the flames too, and it's just been dormant until now? Hrm ... o_O Shura certainly seems to think that's a possibility (ALSO THE SPY). ALSO LOL RIN BURNED ALL THEIR CLOTHES XD
Kamiki at the end was awesome! :3 I really do like her XD I guess what she said explains why Shiemi didn't feel the flames at all ... I wonder what that thing at the end was ... it was targeting Konekomura too! :O
Jun 24, 2012 2:36 PM

Dec 2008
Blind_Guardian said:
I went ahead and watched the fight, which was pretty awesome if incredibly short. Amaimon CRUSHED Shura and AAA, and then was effortlessly smashed into gravel in turn by his little brother's Satan-sword. ...

As EvianBubble also mentioned, this show does seem to be having some dramatic power swings. Even when Rin's sword was released in his first battle with Amaimon, he was still dramatically outclassed.

I'm not sure if we're supposed to assume that his newfound determination, implied offscreen training with Shura, or some manipulation by Mephisto to weaken Amaimon has occured, but I certainly didn't expect a demon king to go down THAT easily.

Maybe the show just "forgot" about the already established power levels or maybe there's something else going on here. It could be that Amaimon isn't even dead and it was all a show staged by Mephisto to persuade the Vatican. Honestly, that's what I think happened at the moment, as I find it hard to believe Amaimon would lose so easily and Mephisto is obviously a master trickster. Maybe Amaimon fading into flames was Mephisto using some demonic power to forcefully summon him back to Gehanna.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
Jun 25, 2012 5:51 AM

Jun 2011
Okay, so they all saved him, but now most of them are scared of him? I guess it makes sense.

So many nickname-things this episode!

And finally, WHAT HAPPENED TO AMAIMON?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? I love him!!!!!!!
Jul 29, 2012 9:39 PM

Jul 2011
I love Rin's Screams when he fail xD
Aug 30, 2012 9:38 PM
Jul 2018
Sayonara, Amaimon.~
removed-userAug 30, 2012 9:42 PM
Sep 25, 2012 5:46 AM

Jan 2012
To bad for Rin, people don't trust him anymore. Candle training also a bit hilarious.

Oct 10, 2012 10:37 AM

Sep 2010
Amaimon was killed really easily...
"If you can eliminate all the other choices, the remaining choice, no matter how improbable, it is the answer."- Sherlock Holmes
Nov 24, 2012 12:24 AM

Sep 2011
Tsundere. :3
Nov 26, 2012 4:16 AM

Sep 2012
back to episode 3 with everyone hating on rin :/
Jan 28, 2013 1:34 PM

May 2012
Great episode as thought that would happen with his classmates although it's rather interesting some don't care! Either way lets see what's next a big fight is up next!
Jun 12, 2013 1:18 AM

Sep 2012
< Doesn't like Rin
< Becomes friends
< Finds out that Rin is the son of Satan
< Helps him
< Goes back to square one

Seriously?
Jul 30, 2013 11:54 PM

May 2013
Oh noesss, they got Koneko-hage D: that boy needs to man up.
Aug 24, 2013 8:52 PM

Mar 2011
I'm usually lenient with nit-picky details in anime, but I am really pissed at how Suguro showed such a strong resolve to help Rin when he fought the mara demon only to later turn against him completely when Rin shows up to class. I think that is a pretty important point of the story; to suddenly switch a character's opinion so easily is a sign of carelessness in terms of handling the plot.
Apr 25, 2014 5:38 AM

May 2008
Amaimon fight was a joke! It's like they have to speed it up in order to finish the show. Rin going to class like nothing happened and went aggro lol totally out of character...
Jun 16, 2014 10:43 PM

Apr 2014
Yukio in his underwear

THAT IS ALL
Jun 17, 2014 5:37 PM

Jan 2014
What the heck they were all helping rin the last episode and now they hate him?? And it's weird they kept some things but it looks like they're deviating from the manga... A LOT
Jul 10, 2014 3:31 AM

Dec 2012
what, 0_o previous battle was epic with rin and amaimon but now he got defeated so easily. kind of a let down; plot gotten better and i'm starting to like izumi. still an enjoyable episode 4/5
Jul 29, 2014 2:58 AM

Apr 2014
Sigh, I assumed the classmates (or most of them) would continue liking Rin like before, I mean, they so easily helped out and went out of their way to fix the sword and then get it to rin in the middle of danger, then to just reject him like that? Damn
Jun 20, 2015 12:47 PM
Jan 2012
excellent fight's and good episode.
his episode have 45,2387 views per day. his upped 8/8/2011;
I heard one podcast episode 19 onwards,is fillers.
op's his episode have erofanservice.
i have expectatives for good fights in the next.
RafaKojiroJun 20, 2015 1:03 PM
Jul 27, 2015 1:23 PM

Mar 2015
I want those flames just so I can walk around and burn the clothes off hot girls
Sep 17, 2015 7:33 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
I hope the group can reunite again.

Jul 6, 2016 4:59 AM

May 2009
I thought the fight with Amaimon would last longer than it did. It felt like he just showed up and then he was suddenly defeated. It was a bit strange as the previous fight with him felt longer than this one...but oh well.

It's a bit weird that Bon at first wanted to help fix Rin's sword, and now when it's fixes he is scared of him and can't trust him, even threatens to kill him if he hurt anybody. It's a bit strange. If he felt like that from the beginning then why would he offer to help fix the sword?

At least Rin got Izumo and Shiemi to trust in him.
Even if the future is locked or erased I won't end this prayer because I want to convey my real feelings to you

Oct 18, 2016 9:13 AM

Nov 2011
Now that we reason, the narration has a calmer tone, but is full of surprises and novelties involving almost the entire cast. Just a shame that the mutability of opinion Kamiki, has been thrown out without any valid explanation. She only appears as a flat and insignificant tsundere, under the character profile. However, they have reduced the conflict to a mere skirmish. Drawings and animations, mediocre, oh well!
Oct 23, 2016 8:43 PM
Jun 2013
wait did amaimon get killed off that easily? So wait do they hate him or not. Seems fip floppy. Oh yea some fan serivce.
Nov 29, 2016 8:17 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The one thing that was inconsistent was Bon. He has mood swings, i'm telling you.

The fight was not even a fight, kind of disappointed at that.

Izumo being understanding was a surprise, but a good one at that, i like her.

Konokomaru, oh shit.
Jan 1, 2017 11:08 PM

Nov 2010
Episode 17 - Vol. 4, Ch. 14-15, Vol. 5, Ch. 17[mid-]

The crew is still trying to fix Rin's sword. They have the materials and is just in the middle of fixing it. Amaimon shows up and Angel and Kirigakure destroy his Behemoth. OMG. THERE'S A SNIPER. Man. His friends are totally just in this trial. In the manga, his friends aren't there during this trial but in the anime all of his friends are there to help him even bringing his sword back.

Sooo... Wait. His sword is finally fixed and they all raced back to help Rin during this trial. Rin uses his sword and kills of Amaimon. I'm guessing he's actually dead this time?

MMK. So the Grigori are in favor of Mephisto. Now Mephisto has been telling the staff to watch over Rin, basically, and then explained all of the rules. Y'know, that he has to pass the exam, be under surveilliance.

Oh. Now Rin is meeting up with the other classmates again. It sort of seems like Konekomaru is really uncomfortable with Rin. The blue flames don't really seem to hurt Shiemi. well, that answers that question but it killed off a lot of other people. NOW we get to see how Suguro feels about Rin being the son of Satan.

Now we're getting back to the manga. HAHA. Rin gets pulled into another curriculum and is in the batting cage. Now he's going to be training. Shura starts him off with the candle exercise. HAHHA. Young Yukio cussing. I love seeing Shiro in these flashbacks, man. He really did care for these kids.

OMGGGG. They are so cool. Yukio and Shura just keeping up. OH. WHAT IS THAT MARK, YUKIO. Bon is promising to be the best paladdin for Konekomaru's parents. When Konekomaru goes out to think he is brought on by the weakess.

Kaneki just seems to be at ease with Rin. She's been trying to help Rin with his candle exercise. AWWW. HAHAHA. "Thanks, Pokebrow". What a tsundere, Kaneki is.
Jan 8, 2017 8:31 PM

Jan 2013
The last nonfiller episode of this season.
Pretty good. I like seeing the rest of the characters come to terms with this.
And nice foreshadowing.
Jan 12, 2017 2:34 AM

Mar 2012
And here's where I'll leave it at, not need to rewatch the filler ending >_>
Feb 9, 2017 10:56 AM

Feb 2017
This episode was quite good, really liked the fight with Amaimon
Feb 26, 2017 8:29 PM

Jul 2013
That episode began with a good fight even if it was really short unfortunately. Didn't expect Angel aka the paladin to be that weak. He had no chance against Amaimon. Whereas Rin beat him in seconds with his new forged sword.

Mephisto got the permission to take care for Rin and make him to an exorcist. Of course everyone of the teachers was shocked when they heard it.

Poor Rin, now also almost everyone besides of Izumo and Shiemi are afraid of him or hate him because he's the son of satan :(

Okay the Shura fanservice in this episode was *.*
God damn she's so sexy.

Rin couldn't believe when Yukio and Shura played the infinity mode so easily. I hope the special training will help Rin. It seems he has a hard time with the candles :D

Izumo cheering Rin up. I can't really decide if I want ShiemixRin or IzumoxRin >.<

Konekomar got inherited from a demon? Well next episode will explain what happened.

Oct 26, 2017 4:59 AM

Jun 2016
Best part of this episode: Shura and Yukio trying to be better against each other. Lmfao. Then Rin unintentionally used his power then Shura and Yukio ended up with their underwear. Lmfao.

I guess Amaimon is now dead? Like officially dead? Damnit.

I understood Rin's classmates if they're scared, though. That's understandable. He's the son of Satan who killed their parents, soo..

What's that on Yukio's left arm, though? What.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Nov 4, 2017 1:22 PM

Oct 2016
So, Amaimon is... dead? Like, officially? As much as I hate him, imo it is still too early to kill him, he is one of the characters with potential development.

Even in her younger age Shura is already this hot. I guess hotness is really inherited genetically.

The best fanservice this episode.

Wow, she wore pink, and the frilly and cute one too. Shura's face is so funny. She didn't even say a word, just frozen there with that face.

I wonder what might happen if Suguro didn't stop Rin from burning the coal tars around Shiemi. It could be another... fanservice.

Izumo's tsundere attitude is cute too. For Rin to call her eyebrows lol.

Just what is that black crow-like thing?
flashholterNov 4, 2017 2:06 PM
Mar 18, 2018 8:43 PM

Sep 2013
Oh....those pantsu!!!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Mar 13, 2019 10:10 PM

Jun 2015
save his life by having the sword repaired, shun him and tell him that you don't want to be friends, then claim his as your rival and look up to him?
w h a t
May 5, 2019 7:37 AM

Apr 2013
Why do they all blame the son for the things his father did, that's just stupid. Someone should tell them that that's not how you do things. Also Shura is just so far ahead in terms of best girl, it's not even funny.
Nov 2, 2019 3:30 PM
Apr 2016
The girl has redeemed herself a bit I believe, more likable I'd say.
Nov 21, 2019 9:54 AM

Feb 2019
Damn, amazing episode! I don't doubt that Suguro becomes friends with Rin again.

Also, that demon at the end is the first demon I thought "hell yeah this thing actually looks real" :)
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Apr 22, 2020 12:43 AM

Jul 2008
Be honest Rin, you wanted to see Shura's panties you perv.
Sep 27, 2020 10:55 AM

Mar 2019
Nice episode again. But man, poor Rin.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Mar 9, 2021 2:54 PM

Jun 2020
I love Rin......everyone gives him so much shit for who he is & who he is NOT & he takes everything in his utmost stride. And lol at him training with the candles so cute!!!!!

Shura is cool I don’t get why her fanservice has to be shoved in our faces every time. I like her without all of that shit she’s cool enough. Her dialogue with Yukio was great! I wonder what’s up with Yukio seems like he’s getting tainted/would get possessed, what with Shura’s foreshadowing.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jul 2, 2021 7:46 PM

Jan 2020
It was an alright episode. It's a little sad seeing konekomaru not wanna talk to rin anymore.

Hopefully that will change

Jan 13, 2023 5:58 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
At least the situation is better now but he has to train hard by himself, and even though it can seem rude it's definitely understandable that the other ones would be afraid of him now that they know he's Satan's son since his father killed some members of their family... Izumo was great though
Dec 1, 2023 5:36 AM

Jul 2014
This is such painfully contrived and stupid writing. They were all more than happy to help and support Rin when they all found out about it in episode 15, but now they're all hating on him for it all of a sudden? While this should have been their reaction from the beginning based on the backstories and laws of this universe, having them react like this after already giving him their full support is just dumb.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 31, 2011

191 by XILG »»
Apr 16, 11:29 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 22, 2011

202 by XILG »»
Apr 11, 7:51 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Zeando - May 1, 2011

239 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:43 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Apr 24, 2011

310 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:41 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 17, 2011

302 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.