Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 7, 2011 12:58 AM

Jul 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
WAS AIRED

it was awesome show, i think
5/5 10/10
Aug 7, 2011 3:33 AM

Oct 2010
We know it was aired Zinmo. Anyway I find the following 2 girls,

to be very attractive and the smaller one's dram with her mother was quite something. Very well done and emotional.

I have to say that the transformation in the following,

was really good. Only problem might be too much flashy lights for it in the spoiler
Regardless it was fine. This anime reminded me of the following:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/4177/Xamd:_Lost_Memories
for some reasons too many elements in this movie that remind me of that series. Well same studio so that might be it.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 7, 2011 10:04 AM

Nov 2007
So Takao doesn't want Quon to do what he's doing, saving all those with the power, but he still willing to support him.
tsubasaloverAug 7, 2011 10:07 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 10, 2011 8:59 PM

Apr 2008
Still needs some development but not bad.
Sep 4, 2011 12:31 PM

May 2008
Okay, I didn't have high expectations for this, but... OH. MY. GOD. ♥
Sep 4, 2011 2:19 PM

Aug 2008
Well that was shit -_-

It's the same as Sacred Seven. Lots of pretty fights. The rest was painfully generic rubbish. Oh well, got myself hyped up for nothing
The Cart Driver <-- My awesome anime blog
Sep 4, 2011 2:44 PM

Apr 2009
5camp said:
Well that was shit -_-

It's the same as Sacred Seven. Lots of pretty fights. The rest was painfully generic rubbish. Oh well, got myself hyped up for nothing

Couldn't agree more, certainly they threw some nice animated fights, but if we had any hope that this could go somewhere, it was gone the moment that blonde character appeared showing her bruises...
Sep 4, 2011 5:42 PM

Apr 2009
This is like fucking Ultraman...
Sep 4, 2011 7:09 PM

Jul 2010
I thought it was alright but considering there's like 10 more movies to be made I really think it could go somewhere. The characters feel like they got potential somewhere in there.
Sep 4, 2011 7:22 PM

Dec 2010
It's Guyver
Sep 5, 2011 2:21 AM

Jan 2011
For guys like me who are satisfied with epic fights this movie is AWESOME! Quon is able to use like 20 different skills. love this variety of different movements!
And I haven't seen a character that really annoys me yet.

btw: could someone recommend me some other animes with amazing fights like this one?
is it just Bones that produces awesome fighting sequences like this one?

(maybe you should head to my "animelist". I watched pretty many series of the action genre)

Thanks!
Sep 5, 2011 6:12 AM

Aug 2010
Not really what i'm into but the fight scenes alone make it watchable

Quon was a bit of a tool though, seriously we get it you want to save everyone we dont need to continuously hear it!
Sep 5, 2011 8:59 AM
Dec 2007
Very badly animated except the fights (remember this is a MOVIE not a series, it's supposed to look MUCH better than that), average plot, lame characters and a generic feel to it that I deeply dislike. Not worth watching really. I wonder when BONES will start making interesting animes again.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Sep 5, 2011 10:19 AM

Nov 2007
notsureifsrs said:
It's Guyver

Exactly what came to my mind.
Sep 5, 2011 2:31 PM

Jul 2010
botch said:
5camp said:
Well that was shit -_-

Couldn't agree more, certainly they threw some nice animated fights, but if we had any hope that this could go somewhere, it was gone the moment that blonde character appeared showing her bruises...

Yup.
Sep 6, 2011 12:11 AM
Apr 2011
It looks alright so far! Judging by the first part of the movie, Towa no Quon seems to be more bearable to watch than that Sacred Seven show. I'm looking forward to seeing the next part of the movie!
deactivated10325Sep 6, 2011 12:16 AM
Sep 6, 2011 8:07 AM

Jul 2010
this is actually very good. despite the cliches it actually is very refreshing to me., 8/10
might rewatch if i gain access to BD encode

and kudos to BONES for bringing Iida Umanosuke's ideas to life
and Kenji's music is awesome as always

ReaperEXE said:
This is like fucking Ultraman...

i fucking agree. \m/
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Sep 7, 2011 1:24 PM

Nov 2007
That was some mediocre shit - borderline bad, even - right there. Doubt I'll watch the remaining five installments, since there's no way in hell it's going to get better. I need to wash my eyes with some good anime now, jeez.
Sep 7, 2011 3:00 PM

May 2009
I liked it. Everything was pretty average but the animation during the cool fights and epic music made it exciting and entertaining to watch. I think this series has potential.

AmberFebruary said:
Yup. He never disappoints.
Sep 7, 2011 11:58 PM
Aug 2010
Plot (what we have of it at least, which is almost nothing) and characters (especially Quon, I swear to god he can't seem to say anything besides that he'll protect/save everyone) are ridiculously generic, but DEM FIGHT SCENES. I will keep watching it for them, and hope the plot at least gets good (characters might get better as well).
Sep 10, 2011 6:42 AM

Jan 2009
its pretty good imo it got an average story but the action scenes are all cool
Sep 13, 2011 1:10 PM

Jul 2011
WOW Ho Ho !!! I see BONES are back and kicking !!! LOVE them! This remind me of Darker than Black. The 1st ep is promising, hope they won't ruin the following series. Heh, missed the old BONES productions... Nice shounen, a must see for every growing boy :)
Sep 19, 2011 7:21 PM
Sep 2011
So i've looked around and obviously there is more to this installment so does anyone know of a site where i can watch Towa no Quon 2: Konton no Ranbu?

And as for the topic of this post, i feel it was amazingly done. The art work is awesome and the fight scenes were extremely well done. What not to many people understand is that nowadays all types of stories are gonna be more or less generic so the whole plot of Quon wanting to save/protect everyone i cant really be upset with, what draws me in personally is the artwork and animation because prety much any kind of storyline someone can come up with has probly been thought of. All in all i give this anime a 10/10 :]
Sep 27, 2011 8:38 PM

Jul 2010
This sure was a different taste to me as I usually watch comedy and ecchi animes, but I do enjoy the action animes too. Those fight scenes were top notch. Interested to see where this progresses to.
Sep 28, 2011 11:55 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
Jacut said:
Very badly animated except the fights (remember this is a MOVIE not a series, it's supposed to look MUCH better than that), average plot, lame characters and a generic feel to it that I deeply dislike. Not worth watching really. I wonder when BONES will start making interesting animes again.
Ditto. Though the fight scenes were a bit intricate, the characters were too annoying and the plot ever so typical.

6/10
p r o f i l e 👀
Sep 29, 2011 11:59 AM

Apr 2010
i enjoyed it, it reminded me of sacred 7 but i prefer this more though

7/10
Sep 29, 2011 9:29 PM

Nov 2008
Yeah, it was OK, in some parts the animations was awkward, but it's still entertaining at least.

7/10 and let's see how it goes, I don't expect much, though.
Oct 2, 2011 5:51 AM

Jun 2011
This is nothing like sacred seven that was all about retarded rocks and was shit
Towa no Quon reminds me more of the X-Men films tbh, they are like mutants being hunted by normal people, this time it is an organisation hunting them down.
I think there is nothing wrong with Quon character of course he wants to protect his kind and yes he did keep saying it but it was to different people and people questioning him so what do you expect.
The most annoying character for me was the little glasses girl and the part when Akatsuki Yuriko shoved her ass out, i could of done without that.
Apart from that i thought this was a good start to the 6 films and looks like its going to be good.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Oct 16, 2011 7:33 PM
Oct 2009
This wasn't all that good besides than the nicely animated fights. Expected more from Bones. Guess it's too much too ask from Bones this days. :(
Oct 18, 2011 2:31 PM

Oct 2009
Main character, when he's in the shield, reminds me of Casshern from Casshern Sins.
As for whole movie:
Music is fitting, but not catchy. Graphics are fine, but could be better. Characters aren't unique etither, but the story is promising.
Overwall i'll give it a 6/10, but i expect a good development from a sequel.
Nov 28, 2011 6:14 PM

Mar 2009
I for one thought it was F****** awesome!
Art and Story wise.

And, I'm getting sick of all the ecchi haters....
It had about 30 sec of ecchi per 45 min movie....get over it!
That doesn't mean the whole movie fails from there.
And, what's funny is those people saying that probably fapped to that scene multiple times, they are just too ashamed to admit they like it, thus having to bash it.
I didn't even take that miniscule scene into account when rating this movie.

Quon is awesome imo, and I can only see the other characters getting better as well.

I'll admit it was a little cliched here and there, but what isn't these days.
It reminds me a little of Darker than Black, but way better imo.

Already has a huge cast of awesome characters, which is always a plus for me.

I can see this turning out to be great.

Urahara Out!!
Jan 2, 2012 11:13 PM

Jul 2008
I honestly can't understand anybody who doesn't like this. Great story; great character development. I mean, hell, I watched a shitty version of the movie in terms of video quality and I still thought it was one of the better films I've seen in 2011. I liked how a lot of the revelations were subtle. For instance, I thought the WTOC was an officially sanctioned organization, but then they bow out the moment security goes off to avoid the bureaucracy. I thought it was a nice touch to a promising narrative. My only complaint would be the seemingly shallow motivations of the "villains." Hopefully these will be fleshed out more in succeeding episodes/movies. Also, the music kicked all sorts of ass.
Feb 19, 2012 4:07 AM

Oct 2008
Naruleach said:
Jacut said:
Ditto. Though the fight scenes were a bit intricate, the characters were too annoying and the plot ever so typical.

6/10

I didn't notice any 'bad animation', it seemed great all round to me. But then perhaps I'm looking at the wrong things. Some scenes were just beautiful, but I guess in other scenes there was a distinct lack of animation. ANYWAY, agree with everything else.
Jun 14, 2012 1:21 AM

Mar 2012
pretty good lets see if the sequels are better
Nov 9, 2012 5:11 PM

Jan 2012
cliche everything but well executed...

looking forward to next EP
Nov 15, 2012 6:06 AM

Sep 2012
This was so generic, but still we got some awesome fight scenes.
Dec 15, 2012 9:54 PM
Oct 2007
Haha this movie was so cheesy. I can't get that song out of my head though. FFFFFIIIIIIRRREEEE RRRROOOCCCKKKK EMMMOOOTTTTIONNNNN AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Feb 7, 2013 9:37 PM

Apr 2009
It was an OK movie, the fights were really nice. When the main character showed up I thought he only had water powers but it seems he had variety of powers later which he puts to use in myriad of ways. And he says he's still incomplete, hooray for level-up and character development later.

zeroryoko1974 said:
Haha this movie was so cheesy. I can't get that song out of my head though. FFFFFIIIIIIRRREEEE RRRROOOCCCKKKK EMMMOOOTTTTIONNNNN AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

LOL I was letting the ending credits roll but the annoying kid in my house heard of it and he was repeating it over and over, I had to stop the video. >_<
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Mar 26, 2013 3:15 AM

Mar 2010
Hmmm..Not bad , interesting for a first movie of the movies.
Loved it 5/5 , and 9/10 for this 'episode 1' =)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 1, 2013 4:24 PM

May 2012
Quite a good start of this movie series, a very interesting setting and concept. The characters are also quite unique and have a very likable characteristics! Well this first movie was a good start lets see what the sequel has to offer!
Jul 1, 2013 5:57 PM

Nov 2011
Well shit, the beginning was tense. I wonder the full extend of their abilities though. The one guy throwing the fists reminds me of Casshern in a way in terms of characters' design.

Yuri is flirty and kinda hot..
Poor Kiri-chan though ;.;

Cliffhanger much though? Nonetheless, nice movie. 7/10.
Aug 9, 2013 2:15 PM

Jun 2012
I loved it! Usually I don't like the type of main characters who is like, "I don't want anyone to be sacrificed!", I find them annoying, but I really liked the Quon! He gave off a different feel then the others I've seen and also I like how he is easy going/easy to get along with. But he also seems to have a sad past, I wonder who Towa was. I think its a girl he liked or a male friend, in either case, I think they have already died. Quon just seemed so sad when he said his/her name. Also, I like the art, Insania isn't that pretty(or at least it not exactly my tastes, but still decent looking), but he's powerful and colorful. Also the boy's/Yuuma's power isn't to my tastes either, like how his arm swells up and has lots of red blobs on him, though the gray-ish-blue markings on his face I like cause I have a markings fetish. I like the idea of Quon being in a secret organization which is trying to protect people from anothers organization. All in all, I really loved this, which type doesn't usually interest me(the organization vs. organization interests me in most anime, but main characters who want to protect everyone don't usually peak my interest).
Nov 15, 2013 11:12 AM

Jun 2011
Sick animation, awesome OST, fantastic action sequence, and dem powers!
metalsnakezero said:
Still needs some development but not bad.

+1

stAtic91 said:

AmberFebruary said:
Yup. He never disappoints.

Agree, though I don't know who is that, the OST he made for this movie is awesome

Slicer22 said:
This is nothing like sacred seven that was all about retarded rocks and was shit

+1

SusuBitesYou said:
I loved it! Usually I don't like the type of main characters who is like, "I don't want anyone to be sacrificed!", I find them annoying, but I really liked the Quon! He gave off a different feel then the others I've seen and also I like how he is easy going/easy to get along with. But he also seems to have a sad past, I wonder who Towa was. I think its a girl he liked or a male friend, in either case, I think they have already died. Quon just seemed so sad when he said his/her name. Also, I like the art, Insania isn't that pretty(or at least it not exactly my tastes, but still decent looking), but he's powerful and colorful. Also the boy's/Yuuma's power isn't to my tastes either, like how his arm swells up and has lots of red blobs on him, though the gray-ish-blue markings on his face I like cause I have a markings fetish. I like the idea of Quon being in a secret organization which is trying to protect people from anothers organization. All in all, I really loved this, which type doesn't usually interest me(the organization vs. organization interests me in most anime, but main characters who want to protect everyone don't usually peak my interest).

Have to agree. Well Towa might be his little brother. There was a scene where he reacted to someone calling "onii-chan".

The only thing I disliked was the character development, assuming that they'll never get deeper into that voice-woman and the kid in the sequels, the fact that they didn't expand into their background story bugged me, but I guess there wasn't enough time for that, huh? Darn shame. 7/10
ToG25thBaamNov 15, 2013 11:18 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 28, 2013 10:02 PM

Jul 2012
Not bad so far. Actions scenes were a bit repetitive, but quite interesting. I'm surprised to see so many familiar voice actors.
Jan 29, 2014 9:50 PM
Jul 2013
I didn't like it...

Beginning was very cool, didn't like the outer fight though.

6/10
Feb 26, 2014 5:20 AM

Jan 2009
1. started watching this cuz the ost was really good.

2. show ended up being the same as other shows...

5/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
May 6, 2014 6:17 AM

Dec 2010
About everything about this show is extremely unimpressive, including the ED.

botch said:
if we had any hope that this could go somewhere, it was gone the moment that blonde character appeared showing her bruises...
Pretty much this, lol.

Tenchio said:
I need to wash my eyes with some good anime now, jeez.
You said it. I wouldn't have watched it if today wasn't the day when there aren't any seasonal animes' new episodes.

But I really liked Kiri. She's so sweet. I give a bonus point just for her :3
MeritasMay 6, 2014 6:37 AM
Oct 1, 2014 2:14 PM

Jun 2012
So far its pretty promising. It reminds me a lot of zetman, hopefully it turns out better than zetmans anime.
Feb 10, 2015 8:00 PM

Dec 2008
Insania Quon is a BEAST!

Sent with Mal Updater
Aug 19, 2015 10:52 PM

Jun 2012
This is pretty sick. Fuck I love Bones.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» First 7 min. of the movie

tsubasalover - Jul 23, 2011

3 by tsubasalover »»
Jul 31, 2011 8:18 PM

» wait.....THIS AIRED????

ItsSoPringles - Jun 25, 2011

2 by tsubasalover »»
Jul 23, 2011 1:06 AM

» Towa no Quon PV

Kagura89 - Mar 13, 2011

9 by Bunny-kins »»
Jun 24, 2011 11:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.