MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Tiger & Bunny Episode 19 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Tiger & Bunny »» Tiger & Bunny Episode 19 Discussion

Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
View Poll Results: Tiger & Bunny Episode 19 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

88 73.33%
4 out of 5: Liked it

23 19.17%
3 out of 5: It was OK

8 6.67%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

1 0.83%
1 out of 5: Hated it

0.00%
Voters: 120

08-08-11, 11:37 AM

Cydonia said:

I'm all for it.

Haha, that 's hilarious XD! I laughed so hard when I saw Kotetsu on that I had to pause video.

08-08-11, 2:31 PM

longshoremanX said:
so lets just take a second and look at how screwed kotetsu currently is

-no partner
-his powers are almost gone entirly
-his job of hero TV has been staged this entire time
-lunatic is out being a his name
-ourobos isnt gone
-maverick is evil and has access to hundred upon hundreds of criminals to do whatever he tells em to

yah go sign your life insurance papers fats kotetsu

Ourboros was never gone, but maverick doesn't control them. he just supplied them technology and is possibly a member.

Tiger's career hasn't really been staged. before this he was mostly a screw up and destroying property all the time. his accomplishments are his own, Bunny's success though has pretty much been orchestrated by Maverick.
his situation with his family could also be a big problem.

especially if there's a 2nd season I'd like to see some villain use his family against him and he could impress hid daughter and she could see who he is finally.

08-08-11, 5:37 PM

Cydonia said:
And Kotetsu bitchslapping Bunny - don't know how to react to that, for some reason I expected a punch.

Me too. A man slapping another looks terrible.

But the timing was good. Bunny was acting like a bitch.

-okashi said:
Plus I understand the concept of being partners and having trust but I do not like how they have Kotetsu picking Barnaby and his responsibilities as a hero over his own child. He's known Barnaby for what, a year now? Kaede's already lost her mom and her grandma has been raising her and when his daughter really, really needs him, he goes back on his word to help a man who didn't even like or trust him in the beginning. Friends are very valuable but family is more important especially a parent-child relationship.

It's a common trope. The guy is going to retire, but he has that last jo he MUST finish before he can go. Also, it's the bromance theme of loyalty. And it's not like Kaede is in danger. And she has his family there.

I can understand. Maybe it's a guy thing. We grow up being prepared to abandon our families and die for our land/duty/honor..

busters said:
......so why didn't maverick just tinker with bunny's parents' memories instead of killing them if he had that kind of power in the first place? :I

Bunny's father was already at the phone. As we saw, his power needs physical contact and a certain amount of time to work. Also, they were two and weren't drugged, like Bunny. And when you get someone unprepared it's more likely for this person to react instinctively.

The contradictions aren't that serious, because he could frame someone for selling nano-metal tech to villains and Bunny's parents would never know.

08-09-11, 5:09 AM

Uriel1988 said:
Was anyone else a little baffled by how easily Maverick confessed to the whole thing? It basically went like this:

Barnaby: You killed my parents!
Maverick: No, I didn't.
Barnaby: Yes, you did!
Maverick: Okay, you got me.

duhhhh its because he can easily alter the memories of barnaby later on dude so confessing his crime is no problem for him!!!

08-09-11, 5:55 AM

Wuppie said:
I KNEW HE DID IT, I KNEW IT!

that was predictable, lol.. it had to be him.. I'm curious how it will develop after this though.. It looks like Bunny has crashed pretty hard.. Poor Bunny! :(

Yeah I kinda felt it because he looks like an evil guy who hide with a smile

08-09-11, 3:24 PM

wow, BIG TWIST OR WHAT!?!
Cake = :D
"apa" apachai's wise words
http://bit.ly/a5VFVB

08-09-11, 3:38 PM

LadyBolet said:
d4n13lr0x said:
Maverick.. just looks evil. Look at dat bulge of a mole on his forehead. DAT BULGE

The mole was telling him to do evil things. SILENCE YOU FOOL!

This!

Does anyone else besides me feel bad that Tiger keeps getting chewed out by his daughter every episode?

The revelation about Mr. Maverick is definitely a game changer for me. Is it safe to assume almost all of the crimes (except Jack) we created by Hero TV?
So yah, I review anime. Be sure to check it out! [url]http://daitomodachireviews.wordpress.com/[/url]

08-09-11, 9:40 PM

Wow. I suspected Maverick but to see this revelation was intense! I think he ended up killing Mr. And Mrs. Brooks because it seems his memory erasing power can be broken. Evidence being Barnaby himself. This is probably not the first time he's realtered Barnaby's memory after he's gained it back. And he probably altered Samantha's as well. I sure hope he doesn't hurt her now XD.

I am just a tad annoyed by how ambitious the series started out and now most of the other characters seem to be forgotten. I love this twisting plot and shocker revelations, but I miss Fire Emblem and the others! A few seconds every other episode isn't enough.

08-09-11, 9:53 PM

DaiTomodachi said:
LadyBolet said:
d4n13lr0x said:
Maverick.. just looks evil. Look at dat bulge of a mole on his forehead. DAT BULGE

The mole was telling him to do evil things. SILENCE YOU FOOL!

This!

Does anyone else besides me feel bad that Tiger keeps getting chewed out by his daughter every episode?

The revelation about Mr. Maverick is definitely a game changer for me. Is it safe to assume almost all of the crimes (except Jack) we created by Hero TV?
yah hero TV has been all staged the entire time, even jake was said to be hero TV if i remember correctly

08-10-11, 10:21 AM

ButerflySamurai said:
Wow. I suspected Maverick but to see this revelation was intense! I think he ended up killing Mr. And Mrs. Brooks because it seems his memory erasing power can be broken. Evidence being Barnaby himself. This is probably not the first time he's realtered Barnaby's memory after he's gained it back. And he probably altered Samantha's as well. I sure hope he doesn't hurt her now XD.

I am just a tad annoyed by how ambitious the series started out and now most of the other characters seem to be forgotten. I love this twisting plot and shocker revelations, but I miss Fire Emblem and the others! A few seconds every other episode isn't enough.
yah the side charecters arent getting enough screen time anymore, it doesnt help that the worst one is getting the most screen time(blue rose)

08-10-11, 11:03 PM

I still wonder what Rock Bison's ability is... turn his body into rock? They never really mentioned it did they?

08-11-11, 1:05 AM

purplegem7 said:
I still wonder what Rock Bison's ability is... turn his body into rock? They never really mentioned it did they?

That's a good question, also while we're at it, will they ever mention edward again?

08-11-11, 3:53 AM

I KNEW IT!

sooo much Kotetsu X Barnaby in this episode :P

Didn't catch that Maverik drugged Barnaby; gonna have to rewatch this episode.

purplegem7 said:

I always thought it was super strength.. not as super as K&Bs, but more permanent.

08-11-11, 4:35 AM

Holy shit, I totally did not see that coming.
Dat non-functional bbcode

08-11-11, 11:55 AM

This episode was awesome. Maverick's gonna be a really cool villain.

08-11-11, 6:19 PM

CCZilla said:
This episode was awesome. Maverick's gonna be a really cool villain.
yah he sprobably the most dangerous out of all 3 too(orouboros, lunatic, maverick)

i mean the dude can do whatever he wants, hes been staging hero TV this entire time, the guys dangerous as hell and thats not even taking into mind his power. let sjust say i look forword to seeing this bastard die

08-11-11, 8:11 PM

purplegem7 said:

Wikipedia says his power is invulnerability. Though I don't know how accurate that is.

08-11-11, 9:51 PM

DarthObsidian said:
purplegem7 said:

Wikipedia says his power is invulnerability. Though I don't know how accurate that is.

Yeah, I always though it was endurance + strength but more endurance and less strength than the hundred power, he has been showing glowing a couple of times, against the backstage thief his face and eyes were shown while using his Next ability.

08-11-11, 10:10 PM

AZ_VAL said:
DarthObsidian said:
purplegem7 said:

Yeah, I always though it was endurance + strength but more endurance and less strength than the hundred power, he has been showing glowing a couple of times, against the backstage thief his face and eyes were shown while using his Next ability.
Now thats solved we should find out what scarf girls power is.....jk

08-12-11, 5:10 PM

I loved this episode and I love Tiger and Bunny. It's the best show this season. I just hope we get a Sky High-centric spin-off when it's all over. Walking his dog, falling in love with robots.

I was pretty certain that Maverick was evil, but for a while I thought he had some sort of NEXT power that let him tamper with other NEXTs' powers, and he was behind Tiger's abilities diminishing. But now that the truth is out I guess Kotetsu really is losing his powers, and I kind of want to see him go back home.

I am a bit disappointed by how much the supporting cast (especially Kung Fu Kid) has fallen into the background during these last few episodes, and I hope they can turn that around now that we're at the endgame. I also want a Fire Emblem spotlight episode. We know he's the boss of his own company, he's the flaming gay stereotype and he has an adorably close friendship with Kotetsu, but that's all.

Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices