Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 7, 2011 2:25 AM

May 2011
I don't think Kotetsu was right in slapping Barnaby. Barnaby might have been a bit pushy and emotional when he asked Kotetsu the reason he wanted to quit, but Kotetsu is also at fault for not trusting his partner with his problems. Barnaby has shared a lot of his secrets with Kotetsu, so I can totally get why he's incensed at Kotetsu's lame excuses. I get that Kotetsu might not want to burden him with the news that he's losing his powers while Barnaby's agonizing over his jumbled memories, but he really should have just told him already after Barnaby had already found out he wanted to quit. Kotetsu is really frustrating in this episode.
Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to give out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.
Aug 7, 2011 2:52 AM

Aug 2008
My mind is blown. I predicted Maverick was behind all of this, but I didn't guess he was a NEXT too. And with such powers. This episode was so great plot-wise. Also, I love drama: needless to say, I loved this episode. At first I was a bit surprised when Maverick confessed so quickly but then again, with those powers, it's not a big deal as long as he can just alter Barnaby's memories. Furthermore, Kotetsu's slap came so suddenly it caught me off guard.

I can't wait to see who is the mastermind behind Ouroboros or at least how things are going to wrap up.

I don't know how can I handle this week. I want two saturdays per week, thank you.
MinekoAug 7, 2011 1:53 PM
Aug 7, 2011 3:00 AM

Jan 2009
Maverick YOU BASTARD

Aug 7, 2011 3:52 AM

May 2009
Wow, Maverick admitted to killing Barnaby's parents without even flinching or even showing any kind of emotion! Sociopath!
And lol, he chose to replace Samantha, who also has a mole, in little Bunny's memory. Oh, Maverick, you flatter yourself too much.

gandalf8 said:
I don't think Kotetsu was right in slapping Barnaby. Barnaby might have been a bit pushy and emotional when he asked Kotetsu the reason he wanted to quit, but Kotetsu is also at fault for not trusting his partner with his problems. Barnaby has shared a lot of his secrets with Kotetsu, so I can totally get why he's incensed at Kotetsu's lame excuses.
Yeah, that got to me too. I know Kotetsu tried to tell him before and Barnaby cut him off several times, but I'm with Bunny on this.

Another long wait. *sob*
I wonder what Maverick's gonna do to Kotetsu now that he knows Kotetsu knows.
Aug 7, 2011 4:28 AM

Aug 2010
I knew it, for some reason I had a feeling Maverick had something to do with Barnaby's parents getting killed. Then when Barnaby's memory started messing up I started thinking in this episode that perhaps Maverick is a NEXT with the power to change people's memories and I was right. I don't think HERO TV is gonna survive if all this shit gets out by the end of the show. The last 6 episodes are gonna be crazy. I can't wait.

Plus I understand the concept of being partners and having trust but I do not like how they have Kotetsu picking Barnaby and his responsibilities as a hero over his own child. He's known Barnaby for what, a year now? Kaede's already lost her mom and her grandma has been raising her and when his daughter really, really needs him, he goes back on his word to help a man who didn't even like or trust him in the beginning. Friends are very valuable but family is more important especially a parent-child relationship.

Barnaby was acting like a spoiled brat when he heard Kotetsu wanted to quit. Sure he didn't tell him the truth as to why but the fact that it concerned him wanting to be there for his family, Barnaby should've been more forgiving or tolerant. Kotetsu has a young child and he is a grown ass man, stop looking for Kotetsu to coddle you Barnaby!

Anyway this was an okay episode minus Barnaby's attitude, Maverick being the real murderer again didn't surprise me. I'm actually ready for the show to be over with.
Aug 7, 2011 5:55 AM

May 2008
I'm getting really tired of Barnaby being a whiny, crying little bitch... :|
Aug 7, 2011 7:19 AM

Jun 2008
I don't know why i have been thinking something like this all along XD poor barnaby

and kotetsu don't drink that oh my god, I can't wait for the episode of next week

I want to see more and more
Life is bittersweet can you live with that?
Aug 7, 2011 7:55 AM

Jan 2011
so Bunny is tortured by his own memories, get emo and then get slapped?

the real murderer did not surprise much, every viewer already kind of suspected him

oh i like the scene when Tiger riding on that mini tiger car :)
Aug 7, 2011 8:14 AM
Jun 2008
in this episode,I felt Bunny is a bit girly except for the voice.

can Kotetsu just say the truth out and not hiding it ><
Aug 7, 2011 9:10 AM

Jun 2008
Wistaire said:
I'm getting really tired of Barnaby being a whiny, crying little bitch... :|

And i'm even more sick of his yaoi poses that go along with his sissy behavior.

Uriel1988 said:
Was anyone else a little baffled by how easily Maverick confessed to the whole thing? It basically went like this:

Barnaby: You killed my parents!
Maverick: No, I didn't.
Barnaby: Yes, you did!
Maverick: Okay, you got me.

Well when you plan to make him forget anything it doesn't matter if you don't try too hard to find excuses for yourself.

klaymore said:

Lol! What was that anyway? You can't call it a car. It had no wheels.
Aug 7, 2011 9:32 AM

Sep 2009
Monad said:
klaymore said:

Lol! What was that anyway? You can't call it a car. It had no wheels.
It's one of those you find in malls and amusement parks. They are sort of like rented cars for kids and it does have wheels btw.

adamantine said:
busters said:
......so why didn't maverick just tinker with bunny's parents' memories instead of killing them if he had that kind of power in the first place? :I
This is the question I want answered. Did he just freak out or did they already know about his ability and how to counter it or something? Anyone got a better idea?
Like Maverick said, even the slightest contradiction could lead to a crack in the artificial memories. So basically, Bunny's parents would eventually find out the truth sometime or the other.
Or he killed them out of aggression. He must have thought that his best friends would understand him through his entire life but they revolted against his acts.

All I can say is that Bunny is being too amateur, mainly because he has actually lived his entire life with one goal- catching the his parent's murderers.
Damn, loved Tiger's bitch slap. That really took me by surprise. Wonder will we ever get to see Tiger getting berserk with anger-- most prolly not.
Aug 7, 2011 9:54 AM

Oct 2010
WTF!!! Things are getting pretty intense, with that cliffhanging ending and the tiger slap!!!

really can't wait for the next episode...
Aug 7, 2011 10:09 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Again, it was very predictable that Maverick would have memory manipulating NEXT powers. That part was pretty obvious since the last episode.

Other than that, I admit since I was able to predict nearly everything thing that happened in this episode, I was a bit disappointed that they didn't at least try to surprise me.... :/
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 7, 2011 10:24 AM

Jan 2010
Bitch slap to the face xD ... jk

but really bunny is getting sensitive
Aug 7, 2011 11:09 AM

Sep 2010
Now we know what that Christmas pin in the first ED was (during the high five/hand clasp xD). Looks like it'll play an important role in triggering Barnaby's true memories. :)

DarthObsidian said:

Maverick drugged his tea. The pen he had in his pocket before he poured the tea was gone after he poured it, and there was a brief shot of the pen next to the teapot leaking a liquid. I'm guessing the effects of the drug combined with his confused state kept Barnaby from doing anything.

Ah! I just attributed it to Barnaby being in a severe state of shock, but this makes a lot more sense!
Aug 7, 2011 11:28 AM
Mar 2011
They were killed on Xmas Eve 1957 and the current year is apparently 1978, so when did Elvis die again?

I suspect he panicked since using his powers on them wouldn't allow him to be sure he had removed all that they knew about his underworld dealings after all he could leave them totally mind wiped but not without leaving evidence of what had been done to them so he shot them.

I find it revealing Aunt Samantha thought she was ill in bed with the flu at the time especially after now finding that photo which totally means he has to deal with her again possibly permanently thats if he even knows about the picture... did he openly state it or will they construe that Bunny told him?

How long before Maverick learns about Tyger losing his powers?

How long before he sets him up either by framing him so Lunatic silences him or sends other goons after him and Lunatic ends up rescuing him?

Intriguing this could go a lot of ways from this point!
Aug 7, 2011 11:41 AM

May 2010
i was shocked!...ok not really, i figured as much after kerim(or whatever the fudge her name is) said jake didn't do it. im so excited for next week! hey does anyone else think kotetsu should just tell his daughter hes wild tiger?
Aug 7, 2011 12:00 PM

Jun 2010
Whoever said that barnaby is a cyborg, shame on you ! lmao

And

the winner is the guy who said maverik might have a mind control next ! =]

I seriously didn't even expect maverik to be a bad guy at all. He was clever so I knew there is something about him though. Like him being mr.legend. but turned out to be WRONG !

This ep was full of yaoi fan's lol's. =]

Kotetsu making shrimp fried rice and being disappointed by barnaby not eating.
Kotetsu & Barnaby on a Christmas date.
Buying same badge thing like a couple.
Barnaby crying like a girl made me think "I knew it ! Barnaby is the bottom !"
Because many people said kotetsu is bottom. =]
That picture was soo barnaby about to do blow job for kotetsu. XD

And then there was kotetsu slapping and him riding on a child's animal ride. lol

Last part was Maverik's Code gayass rape face WIN.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 7, 2011 12:08 PM

Jun 2011
OOOOH DAMN. Tiger finally bitchslapped Bunny. I've been waiting for that for the entire I've been watching this show!
Anywho, very nice twist, can't wait to see what happens next.
Aug 7, 2011 12:46 PM

Jan 2010
Maverick.. just looks evil. Look at dat bulge of a mole on his forehead. DAT BULGE
Aug 7, 2011 2:52 PM

Oct 2010
d4n13lr0x said:
Maverick.. just looks evil. Look at dat bulge of a mole on his forehead. DAT BULGE

The mole was telling him to do evil things. SILENCE YOU FOOL!
Eat some steak and scoot up to bed~
Aug 7, 2011 3:15 PM

Jan 2010
W... T... F !?

Wild Tiger's Tigermobile?
"Seize the time, Meribor - live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again." - Captain Jean-Luc Picard.
Aug 7, 2011 4:01 PM

Jun 2010
I love how everything is tying up so nicely, with the whole dark truth about Legend, I remember in one episode they said they had to set up a lot of the crimes for him because he started to lose his powers, to add insult to injury, the higher ups like Mr Maverick teaming up with criminals in order to do so really shows more to that side of the story, the funny thing is, the episode didn't even focus on that.

Damn, a monkey wrench just got thrown in and really screwed things up for Kotetsu and Barnaby, but in a good way that the show remains just as good, if not better than it was, I hope everything doesn't crash and burn in the next six episodes.

Also, Tiger riding a mechanical tiger was way too hilarious.

5/5 for this episode.
"The R1 Anime business is a cruel and shallow financial trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
Aug 7, 2011 5:19 PM

Nov 2007
I just noticed something in the ED for season 1 it has Tiger and Bunny reaching out towards.... the pin Tiger bought this episode! I wonder if the pin will have any meaning? will it help Bunny get his memory back?
Aug 7, 2011 6:59 PM

Sep 2009
mystik said:
I just noticed something in the ED for season 1 it has Tiger and Bunny reaching out towards.... the pin Tiger bought this episode! I wonder if the pin will have any meaning? will it help Bunny get his memory back?
Wow, you are very cool to detect that! It really might help Bunny like you said--- hopefully he has the pin somewhere lying around in his pocket.
Aug 7, 2011 8:05 PM

Jan 2011
That memory manipulation power could cause a lot of problems for Tiger and Bunny, particularly if Maverick frames them and manipulates the memories of the other heroes. There are lots of directions this plot could go over the next few weeks. Keep this up and I might have to raise my score...again.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Aug 7, 2011 8:37 PM

Aug 2008
a slap??? why a slap, i was expecting a bro punch !! -_-
and maverick..., from the 1st moment bunny mentioned that he was with maverick that day, i just knew it !!
memory manipulation is kinda expected ...
and yay bunny is not a cyborg :D
Aug 7, 2011 8:44 PM

Jan 2010
rechajulay said:
a slap??? why a slap, i was expecting a bro punch !! -_-
and maverick..., from the 1st moment bunny mentioned that he was with maverick that day, i just knew it !!
memory manipulation is kinda expected ...
and yay bunny is not a cyborg :D

Yeah... I was wondering, after the fact, why in the world he would slap Bunny. I have never seen a man slap another man other than to imply a lack of respect... or to start a fight with some punk.
"Seize the time, Meribor - live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again." - Captain Jean-Luc Picard.
Aug 7, 2011 8:57 PM

Jun 2011
Lol totally knew Maverick was the killer since they drew his younger self so suspiciously looking. And once i saw that Bunny's memories was messed up last episode i thought it had to be a memory scramble sort of Next since its the most possible answer
Aug 7, 2011 9:06 PM

Jul 2010
Thanks to this episode,that dumb Android Barnaby theory will go away.Anyways,this was pretty good.It showed the darker side of Tiger and Bunny that I love so much.
Aug 7, 2011 9:09 PM
Sep 2009
I CALLED THAT SO DAMN FAR BACK! Oh my lanta. I feel so awesome right now.

I think the whole Maverick framing people them or Tiger and then the truth being found out by Tiger/ Bunny and Lunatic would be SICK. A hero who's power is fading away and an anti-hero teaming up would be epic.

I would just be so sad if he messed up Tiger's memories and that stopped him from going back home... That could screw over his family and get them involved. Kaede is definitely going to have a role like Mary and Pippin from LOTR. Hopefully they'll make a second season of this show.

The pin is KEY. Sunrise doesn't include too much extras if it doesn't tie in to the plot. The pins will help them remember or start them on their way to remembering.
Aug 7, 2011 9:35 PM

Aug 2011
so lets just take a second and look at how screwed kotetsu currently is

-no partner
-his powers are almost gone entirly
-his job of hero TV has been staged this entire time
-lunatic is out being a his name
-ourobos isnt gone
-maverick is evil and has access to hundred upon hundreds of criminals to do whatever he tells em to

yah go sign your life insurance papers fats kotetsu
Aug 8, 2011 12:04 AM

Apr 2010
Archie74 said:
W... T... F !?

This was the most cracking moment xDD...Oh my I can't stop laughing xD..
Aug 8, 2011 12:14 AM

Nov 2009
So many people commenting about the tiger slap. LOL

But i feel that Tiger sees Bunny like his son more than an equal.

You don't punch your son right? It's more like you slap them when they are total out of control.

Tiger is such a papa figure to the hero team ~<3
Aug 8, 2011 12:25 AM

Sep 2010
I knew it was Maverick.

Tiger on the tiger was funny
Aug 8, 2011 2:26 AM

Jan 2011

Bunny is a bit of a bitch isn't he? He has his parents murderer right in front of him and he crys.
[center]
Aug 8, 2011 3:03 AM
Jan 2011
Feito said:

>1978

>iPhone

>Hologram screen phone

Logic: how does it work?

Ok so it is now a whole new ball game for Barnaby.
Aug 8, 2011 6:24 AM

Jun 2008
LadyBolet said:
d4n13lr0x said:

Aug 8, 2011 7:26 AM

Jul 2011
Archie74 said:
W... T... F !?

I'm all for it.
Aug 8, 2011 11:15 AM

Aug 2011
VioLink said:

Bunny is a bit of a bitch isn't he? He has his parents murderer right in front of him and he crys.
well wouldnt you feel sad when you find out the person whos been raising and training you since you were 5 ends up being the person who ruined your life, if you were in this situation you wouldnt be put in rage like if you found out some random dude(jake) killed them but finding out what is basiacly your dad killed them is much harder to sit and youd feel more sad and sick than angry
Aug 8, 2011 11:37 AM
Jan 2011
Cydonia said:

I'm all for it.

Haha, that 's hilarious XD! I laughed so hard when I saw Kotetsu on that I had to pause video.
Aug 8, 2011 2:31 PM

Nov 2007
longshoremanX said:
so lets just take a second and look at how screwed kotetsu currently is

-no partner
-his powers are almost gone entirly
-his job of hero TV has been staged this entire time
-lunatic is out being a his name
-ourobos isnt gone
-maverick is evil and has access to hundred upon hundreds of criminals to do whatever he tells em to

yah go sign your life insurance papers fats kotetsu

Ourboros was never gone, but maverick doesn't control them. he just supplied them technology and is possibly a member.

Tiger's career hasn't really been staged. before this he was mostly a screw up and destroying property all the time. his accomplishments are his own, Bunny's success though has pretty much been orchestrated by Maverick.
his situation with his family could also be a big problem.

especially if there's a 2nd season I'd like to see some villain use his family against him and he could impress hid daughter and she could see who he is finally.
Aug 8, 2011 5:37 PM

Mar 2008
Cydonia said:
And Kotetsu bitchslapping Bunny - don't know how to react to that, for some reason I expected a punch.

Me too. A man slapping another looks terrible.

But the timing was good. Bunny was acting like a bitch.

-okashi said:
Plus I understand the concept of being partners and having trust but I do not like how they have Kotetsu picking Barnaby and his responsibilities as a hero over his own child. He's known Barnaby for what, a year now? Kaede's already lost her mom and her grandma has been raising her and when his daughter really, really needs him, he goes back on his word to help a man who didn't even like or trust him in the beginning. Friends are very valuable but family is more important especially a parent-child relationship.

It's a common trope. The guy is going to retire, but he has that last jo he MUST finish before he can go. Also, it's the bromance theme of loyalty. And it's not like Kaede is in danger. And she has his family there.

I can understand. Maybe it's a guy thing. We grow up being prepared to abandon our families and die for our land/duty/honor..

busters said:
......so why didn't maverick just tinker with bunny's parents' memories instead of killing them if he had that kind of power in the first place? :I

Bunny's father was already at the phone. As we saw, his power needs physical contact and a certain amount of time to work. Also, they were two and weren't drugged, like Bunny. And when you get someone unprepared it's more likely for this person to react instinctively.

The contradictions aren't that serious, because he could frame someone for selling nano-metal tech to villains and Bunny's parents would never know.
Aug 9, 2011 5:09 AM

Jan 2009
Uriel1988 said:
Was anyone else a little baffled by how easily Maverick confessed to the whole thing? It basically went like this:

Barnaby: You killed my parents!
Maverick: No, I didn't.
Barnaby: Yes, you did!
Maverick: Okay, you got me.

duhhhh its because he can easily alter the memories of barnaby later on dude so confessing his crime is no problem for him!!!
Aug 9, 2011 5:55 AM

May 2010
Wuppie said:
I KNEW HE DID IT, I KNEW IT!

that was predictable, lol.. it had to be him.. I'm curious how it will develop after this though.. It looks like Bunny has crashed pretty hard.. Poor Bunny! :(

Yeah I kinda felt it because he looks like an evil guy who hide with a smile

Aug 9, 2011 3:24 PM

Oct 2010
wow, BIG TWIST OR WHAT!?!
Aug 9, 2011 3:38 PM

Jan 2010
LadyBolet said:
d4n13lr0x said:

This!

Does anyone else besides me feel bad that Tiger keeps getting chewed out by his daughter every episode?

The revelation about Mr. Maverick is definitely a game changer for me. Is it safe to assume almost all of the crimes (except Jack) we created by Hero TV?
Aug 9, 2011 9:40 PM
Jun 2011
Wow. I suspected Maverick but to see this revelation was intense! I think he ended up killing Mr. And Mrs. Brooks because it seems his memory erasing power can be broken. Evidence being Barnaby himself. This is probably not the first time he's realtered Barnaby's memory after he's gained it back. And he probably altered Samantha's as well. I sure hope he doesn't hurt her now XD.

I am just a tad annoyed by how ambitious the series started out and now most of the other characters seem to be forgotten. I love this twisting plot and shocker revelations, but I miss Fire Emblem and the others! A few seconds every other episode isn't enough.
Aug 9, 2011 9:53 PM

Aug 2011
DaiTomodachi said:
LadyBolet said:
d4n13lr0x said:

This!

Does anyone else besides me feel bad that Tiger keeps getting chewed out by his daughter every episode?

The revelation about Mr. Maverick is definitely a game changer for me. Is it safe to assume almost all of the crimes (except Jack) we created by Hero TV?
yah hero TV has been all staged the entire time, even jake was said to be hero TV if i remember correctly
Aug 10, 2011 10:21 AM

Aug 2011
ButerflySamurai said:
Wow. I suspected Maverick but to see this revelation was intense! I think he ended up killing Mr. And Mrs. Brooks because it seems his memory erasing power can be broken. Evidence being Barnaby himself. This is probably not the first time he's realtered Barnaby's memory after he's gained it back. And he probably altered Samantha's as well. I sure hope he doesn't hurt her now XD.

I am just a tad annoyed by how ambitious the series started out and now most of the other characters seem to be forgotten. I love this twisting plot and shocker revelations, but I miss Fire Emblem and the others! A few seconds every other episode isn't enough.
yah the side charecters arent getting enough screen time anymore, it doesnt help that the worst one is getting the most screen time(blue rose)
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Monochrome - Apr 2, 2011

147 by DanEndra_Tensei »»
Dec 17, 2023 5:27 AM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Paiguy - Jun 18, 2011

93 by Destroyer31 »»
Sep 4, 2023 8:36 PM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Torisunanohokori - Apr 23, 2011

87 by CheriCake »»
Feb 3, 2023 2:07 PM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Sep 17, 2011

213 by Ranxomare »»
Feb 2, 2023 1:17 AM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Sep 10, 2011

154 by Ranxomare »»
Feb 2, 2023 12:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.