Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 10, 2007 11:20 PM
Apr 2007
Well it was pretty much assumed the kid was from takumi, anyway it doesnt matter as the important is she kept the baby no matter who the father is. She seems awfully friendly with nobu too but no evidence of romance ( the bath for nobu may be just part of her caring personality) so i must assume they just meet there as an homage to Nana whos no longer around wich makes me wonder the worse.. her rebel attitude and the way she bottled up emotions together with her selfish headstrong attitude furthers those thoughts, plus theres the bathtub scene and even her stress issues.. she often mentions shes depending on them too.. to counter this theres ren whos still around and they could just be waitin for her because of other situations..a twist can be easily done, guess its up to the writter, the scenes from the 6 years later are definitely a way to make ppl interested and pick up the manga and the future second season, damn marketing !
Well.. after halfway, the show focused more on the other members of the band so im more interested in finding out what happens to shin and reira actually. Maybe ill pick up the manga, but im afraid ill just be waiting forever till it ends too.
acceleratumDec 10, 2007 11:23 PM
Jan 29, 2008 12:39 AM
Jan 2008
people are annoying. they should READ the manga before complaining about the anime. complaining about anime without having all the facts is just idiocy.
Feb 19, 2008 7:55 AM

Feb 2008
It is obvious that it is Takumi's child, because Nobu used strict protection as mentioned in more than one episode. I don't know if he is blond or not, but the child is Takumi's. Also I guess that Ren's addiction is drugs because the day I watched the last episodes I watched some of Sid Vicious' clips and stuff and I assume Ren is some kind of his copy. He plays bass, he's dressed in the same way and the chain that Nana gave him is the same. Sid Vicious died from heroin overdose.... I hope that part won't be copied... The series were great, one of the best and realistic anime I've ever seen, a little bit more dramatic than I can take, but.... oh, well... I hope the next season will be here soon... bye
Life is short. Make it worth living.
Mar 24, 2008 9:27 PM

Feb 2008
one of the best anime i've ever seen, but this non-ending is going to keep it from getting a 10/10 + favorite from me :(
Mar 29, 2008 3:14 PM
Mar 2008
this anime was the sadest anime ive ever seen :( i wanted to know what happened next every time i watched an episode. But i hated the ending. So sad. I thought there were two rings on her finger? oh well. Is there really going to be a second season? i dont really like manga.. If i watch the manga will it ruin it for me? if there isnt a second season then theres no point >__> i can just watch the manga. Well ... i feel like i havnt understood a thing about the anime because of the ending. What happened to nana?? and hachi, why did nobu ask if shes really doing fine .. i wonder if something happened to nana.. This was like maybe 3 or 4 years later.. assuming because of how old hachi's kid was. i dont know :S
May 27, 2008 12:43 AM

Feb 2008
Man, this ending so many question, looks like I'll have to start reading the manga.

Overall, this was a REALLY good anime. Gets a 10/10 from me.
Jun 4, 2008 1:54 PM

Jan 2008
I don't like open endings >.< I gave it 9 but when I saw the ending I gave it 7 :/ haha ~ I guess I'm gonna read the manga too :3 so far 74 chapters are out XDD good thing summer vacation is going to start soon :3
Jun 5, 2008 6:48 PM
Dec 2006
great anime, can't wait until next season, whenever that's coming out. btw, does anyone know what volumes the anime spanned to?
Jun 14, 2008 8:32 PM

Jul 2007
I've really enjoyed the watching this, too bad I had to hold it for while but it was worth it and I plan on reading the manga.
Jul 17, 2008 2:03 AM
Jun 2008
i think nana is dead, ren probably died of drugs... then she killed herself..or it could be that nana died of that breathing to the bag thing... didnt they promise theyd like die together?
Jul 22, 2008 5:09 AM

Sep 2007
Hmmm... I'd read the manga for the continuation because the end is not the "end". But I liked it.
Jul 30, 2008 1:52 AM

Nov 2007
Yumi said:
waaaa! done already! i finshed Nana for only 3 days!! whooo!

many questions are popping on my mind.. i guess it's time to read the manga..
anyone knows what specific volume and chapter should i start?

haha..same here same here..
waa.. i love it though the ending is not good..
they left so many questions..!gRr..

well.. gave it a 10..
'cause of my nobu and shin!
and for osaki and ren!..

Jul 30, 2008 1:55 AM

Nov 2007

wehh.. reira too!
love her songs!..
esp. winter sleep!..

and i can reLate with nana's songs..

gRrrr!.. nana rocKs! ..

hope they do the 2nd season very soon!.. :p
Aug 16, 2008 8:43 AM

Mar 2008
beautiful beautiful beautiful !!! <3
and nyaa all this talk about a second season has gotten me excited.
but omg..
i literally held my breath when Nobu went for the door.
i dont remember breathing at all for most of that episode!
i cried with Nobu too <3 =[
as for what everyones been discussing...im still unsure of who i think the father is...that flashback thing Hachi had of her and Nana in the bath made me think Satsuki is Nobu's but all logical reasons point to Takumi...i guess i just don't want it to be his.
arr my heart wont slow down!
guess i too will start reading the manga now =]
and wow how different did Shin look in the future thing?! wow!
Aug 23, 2008 9:05 AM

Jun 2008
The ending was good, but with no closure...
I want the manga to finish soon, and that they start on season two XDDD
//“The third time is for what will be. The way back will come but once. Be steadfast.”
Oct 11, 2008 8:19 PM

Oct 2008
I finished the whole series in just 2 days and because of this series' upside down relationships i feel depressed right now. I had a high hopes for the ending but i'm really disappointed right now. I mean, what was that future thing about? I just wanted to know the present! I wasn't ready to see Hachi as a mother and I wasn't even ready to see her pregnant. On the top of it, I saw her child and saw the band disbanded and didn't saw the Nana! They were waiting for Ren, so he was certainly alive (but I'm not sure if he's well) but where is Nana? Really, they're consciously pushing us to read the manga and so, I'll certainly will. I can't wait the new season. -_-"

This series is certainly annoys me and make me feel depressed. Maybe I should have quitted watching the series in the beginning, but it's too late now. Generally, it was a good series and i love Nana (not the always crying one, the other), Nobu, Shin and a few characters too. (There are severel character that I hate too of course, for example Takumi >.< He just ruined everything!) And I love all the ops! Especially the first and the third ones. I didn't like the eds, they were so slow. xD But the music was always good in generally, not perfect, but with characters' love of music it approached to be perfect. ^^
Nov 4, 2008 11:43 AM

Mar 2008
alas so its ended...what a brilliant rollercoaster of life.
damnnn i really wanted nobu x nana and for the 2 nanas to stay together....but i guess now it all makes sense...
although i didnt get the beginning of it: in the future when punk nana wasnt there, and when nobu grabbed energetic nana's hand as if to become a couple again........I DONT UNDERSTAND!! why did punk nana leave!?!??!?!?!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 4, 2008 11:45 AM

Mar 2008
i hope theres a 2nd season to answer all the Qs (wht happened to blast, wht happened to ren x punk nana, wheres punk nana, why did punk nana leave, why the 2 nanas arent together, wht happened to energetic nana and her engagement (did it go thro)...wht happened to trapest etc etc.......)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 11, 2008 5:23 PM
Jul 2018
I would definitely read the manga, but I don't know where the anime left off at. D: The ending wasn't what I expected, gah.

tainteddonut said:
Nana being absent though raises the question of what happened to Blast?

Wasn't that Nana on the staircase looking out the window? (outside of the room of course)
Nov 18, 2008 5:49 AM

Sep 2008
waaai~

cant wait for the 2nd season... >.<
enya's life spent on MAL: September 21, 2008 to August 23, 2012
Dec 6, 2008 4:46 AM

Oct 2008
Wow what an ending!
It's sad though that Nobu & Nana don't come back together :(
I feel so empty now that it's over O.o
Can't wait for the 2nd season to come out!

Overall: 8/10
Dec 24, 2008 12:59 AM

Jul 2008
Gaaaaaah. How can they do that to us?!

Now we play the waiting game.

I'd love to start reading the manga. I just wish I had the money to buy them all. Seeing as Ren is still alive, does that mean Nana is still alive? I mean, throughout the entire series I thought that the way Hachi spoke in the narrations gave off a very bad vibe. She always spoke in past tense, and her tone was so empty. "Hey, Nana..." being the last line is a sure fire way to make us read the manga. Damn marketing business.

I give the series an overall 9/10 because of the questionable ending. Otherwise, I loved every part of it! ^-^
Jan 10, 2009 11:07 AM

Sep 2008
What a confusing ending >.< It made no sense...so many questions!
I wonder if they're still planning on a second season. I hope they are. I guess it's time for me to read the manga!
Other than the horribly confusing ending, I absolutely loved it.
10/10 from me & more than likely some placing (not sure where yet) on my top 10 <3
Jan 10, 2009 1:48 PM

Nov 2008
I got Nana-addicted! Kagi-sama, Buddha, Demon Lord! Please! Give us the 2nd season!!!

Credits for the av go to whispering-eden.livejournal.com =)
I used to be Dolce_Vitka here, but Vitka_Lynx is my nickname at alost all other sites, so I decided to take it here, too ^___^
Jan 23, 2009 9:13 AM
Jan 2009
Hi everyone, I'm new at this forum and I just finished watching NANA.

I really liked it but it made me really sad. I really wished that hachi would end up with Nobu. For me, the time she spent with him was when she was really happy. Nobu and Ren are the greatest guys in the Anime.
I was wondering, we are in 2009 already and i can't find anything about Nana's second season.
Is there going to be a second season?
I am desperate to find out if hachi will stay with Nobu and what is going to happen to hachi and Nana. Their friendship are so special.
So, does anybody know about the second season?
Jan 23, 2009 11:26 AM

Sep 2008
Ally-chan said:

I really liked it but it made me really sad. I really wished that hachi would end up with Nobu. For me, the time she spent with him was when she was really happy. Nobu and Ren are the greatest guys in the Anime.
I was wondering, we are in 2009 already and i can't find anything about Nana's second season.
I am desperate to find out if hachi will stay with Nobu and what is going to happen to hachi and Nana. Their friendship are so special.

Second season won't start or go into production until the manga is finished, and the manga is still on going I think it's at 80 chapters now? so hopefully maybe they will end around 90 or 100, I hope so cause I wanna see the second season soon.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Jan 23, 2009 11:59 AM

Nov 2008
Jigero said:
Ally-chan said:

Second season won't start or go into production until the manga is finished, and the manga is still on going I think it's at 80 chapters now? so hopefully maybe they will end around 90 or 100, I hope so cause I wanna see the second season soon.

Yes, it's 80 chapters so far. But I still don't know, how long it's to the end of the story, I'm at chapter 60 right now.

I used to be Dolce_Vitka here, but Vitka_Lynx is my nickname at alost all other sites, so I decided to take it here, too ^___^
Jan 23, 2009 2:08 PM

Sep 2008
Dolce_Vitka said:
Jigero said:
Ally-chan said:

Yes, it's 80 chapters so far. But I still don't know, how long it's to the end of the story, I'm at chapter 60 right now.

Do u know what chapter starts after the series ended? I would like to read it I just don't wanna start from the beginning, I wanna read from where the Anime ended
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Jan 23, 2009 4:26 PM
Jan 2009
Jigero said:
Dolce_Vitka said:
Jigero said:
Ally-chan said:

Do u know what chapter starts after the series ended? I would like to read it I just don't wanna start from the beginning, I wanna read from where the Anime ended

Thanks everyone for the replies!!
It's just that I'm really sad right now. I hate Takumi and I think he doesn't deserve her.
In my point of view, it she had stayed with Nobu, she would be very happy and he would help her to grow up a little.
Now that I finished the Anime, i still think that the one Hachi really loves is Nobu.
I thought the end of the Anime was very unffair.
Those are the reasons for my impatience to see the second season.
I will finish the Manga and continue to wait for the second season.
Jigero, I think the anime ended on Chapter 42 of the Manga. Therefore, I think you can start reading the Chapter 43 =)
=^.~=
Jan 23, 2009 6:59 PM

Sep 2008
Ally-chan said:
Jigero said:
Dolce_Vitka said:
Jigero said:
Ally-chan said:

Thanks everyone for the replies!!
It's just that I'm really sad right now. I hate Takumi and I think he doesn't deserve her.
In my point of view, it she had stayed with Nobu, she would be very happy and he would help her to grow up a little.
Now that I finished the Anime, i still think that the one Hachi really loves is Nobu.
I thought the end of the Anime was very unffair.
Those are the reasons for my impatience to see the second season.
I will finish the Manga and continue to wait for the second season.
Jigero, I think the anime ended on Chapter 42 of the Manga. Therefore, I think you can start reading the Chapter 43 =)
=^.~=

Thanks a ton
Jan 24, 2009 8:03 AM

Nov 2007
omg ! I love this anime <3
i REALLY hope for a 2nd season T_T
Jan 25, 2009 6:07 PM
Jan 2009
shewanie said:
omg ! I love this anime <3
i REALLY hope for a 2nd season T_T

Me too!!!!
I wish Hachi ends up with Nobu and NANA and Hachi stay friends forever!!!
I really need a happy ending..snif
Jan 25, 2009 11:28 PM

Nov 2008
Btw, I have downloaded two NANA movies (not anime) from Veoh. Haven't watched them yet ^___^

Jan 26, 2009 6:56 AM
Jan 2009
Dolce_Vitka said:
Btw, I have downloaded two NANA movies (not anime) from Veoh. Haven't watched them yet ^___^

2 movies? really?? I onluy found the first part of the movie =/

Can you give me the link?
Jan 26, 2009 7:23 AM

Nov 2008
Ally-chan said:
Dolce_Vitka said:

2 movies? really?? I onluy found the first part of the movie =/

Can you give me the link?

I am not sure if we are allowed to post direct links here (tell me, if we can!). But go to veoh.com and search for Nana movie. Then download veoh's download manager (they will ask for installation if you click "Download options" under the video; it's free of charge, yay). Then download the video to that manager. The movies are like 1 Gb each.

Feb 1, 2009 11:42 AM

Apr 2008
This one made me think... a lot... about time, relationships, life in general. Depressing and a very powerfull episode...

Feb 5, 2009 9:16 AM
Feb 2009
Nana is the most moving, touching, and beautiful anime series I've ever seen in my entire life. I have grown so attached to the characters...btw, if anyone wants to start the manga right after the anime..and pick up where it left off...43 is the one to begin with.
OBSESSEDFAEFeb 6, 2009 9:44 PM
Mar 17, 2009 8:29 AM

Dec 2008
Its definitly one of the best series in this genre, i cant wait for a second season so ive started the manga...

this show is nervecracking in its twists and turn, its unbelieveable how much addicted ive become cant wait for the end to come... curiosity all over the place!!!

Apr 7, 2009 7:44 AM
Jul 2018
It's over! D:

I absolutely loved the ending. i would've liked to see older nana and ren and the rest of the gang, but i think that'd be too much >< i teared up at the last part there. sheesh, nobu! i'm fine with hachi being with takumi but still.. oh can't wait for another season. great end to a great series. 9/10
Apr 9, 2009 5:26 PM

Mar 2009
Why is NANA Shouji anime? I though shouji referred to young people under the age of 18. The characters here are mostly all of them over 18, except for the bass guitarist.
Apr 24, 2009 10:31 AM

Apr 2009
Very sad.

I'm assuming Osaki Nana is dead in the future, but I assumed that ever since episode 1. Something about the way Hachi speaks just always gave me the vibe that she was talking to a grave, or a ghost.

I really wished she would hook up with Nobu in the end, but apparently not. I mean yes in the "present" of the final episode it seemed like it might happen, but in the "10 years in the future", she was still obviously married to Takumi. Makes me so sad/mad. Hachi deserves so much better than a man that treats her like Takumi does, I have no idea how she manages to be happy and stay with him.. :/

I'm definitely gonna try to track down the manga to see what happens, though the clip into the future pretty much already tells me all I need to know, personally. I just don't want to let the characters go, and that's the only reason I'll read the anime.. I want these characters in my life still.

Edit -- to anyone curious, the last episode of NANA seems to coincide with issue 42 of the manga. I'm still undecided on whether to start the manga from the beginning (to get pieces of the story I may have missed), or just pick up where I left off with the anime.
spazureApr 24, 2009 2:41 PM

Apr 29, 2009 9:13 PM

Sep 2008
What an amazing end; throughout the whole series, those monologues in the beginning and end of each episode clenched my heart; the solemn tone, wishful pleading and unfortunate foreshadowing. A drowning feeling crushed my heart each an every single time, again and again, yet I luckily survived the continuous attacks.

And now to read the manga...
May 1, 2009 9:42 PM

Apr 2008
I absolutely loved the ending. i would've liked to see older nana and ren and the rest of the gang, but i think that'd be too much >< i teared up at the last part there. sheesh, nobu! i'm fine with hachi being with takumi but still.. oh can't wait for another season. great end to a great series. 9/10

I totally agree with you for the most part, i find Nobu did the right thing, i mean come on the girl is engaged, i think its time to let go and move on with life but of course its sad
May 22, 2009 8:12 AM

Jun 2008
wait.. did nana die??? i had a feeling that nana died like around the first few episodes but now it seems that she did cuz they weren't looking for her... or she just disappeared... but they did look for ren so that's unlikely...anyway... it wasn't that good of an ending but i'm glad they patched things up a bit... just a bit... i mean... they didn't meet right? that night? nobu and hachi.. and there was a part when hachi wanted to hold nana's hand, with the same warmth of nobu's hand, but she didn't cuz she might seem insensitive something like that.. anyway..

will there be a second season of this? although i'm not that crazy over the ending and that nobu didn't end up with hachi.. and that hachi's decisions ALL THROUGHOUT THE SERIES were infuriatingly stupid.. i admit.. i loved this show.. i'm probably giving this show a perfect 10.. :D hope theres another season..:p
veargMay 22, 2009 8:16 AM
May 29, 2009 5:20 PM

Dec 2007
Finally ended it! but i still don't get what hapenned to Nana, its clear that BLAST ended... but why? and what about Ren and the other members of Trapnest? i wanted to know about reira and Shin. T.T
Jun 28, 2009 2:47 AM

Jul 2008
The ending was pretty good, it may not have been a true ending and it didn't really point to anything that I wanted but it was still executed nicely. And they shouldn't have showed that future part first, I already knew how things would kinda shape up, but I was still there with Nobu, my heart thudding a little bit as Nobu reached for the lock. There are still some things I needed answered, so a second season would be appreciated and I'll have to get my hands on the manga. 10/10 for NANA.
Jul 1, 2009 12:12 PM
Jul 2009
I've been following both the anime and manga, but it seems like the manga moves sooo slowly, probably b/c I have to wait so long between each volume. (Pricey little objects, those manga!)
Jul 29, 2009 5:39 PM

Mar 2009
Yeah, nana being absent really makes you wonder iwhat happened to blast. I think its safe to say the child is takumi's but...where did the name satsuko come from?? maybe that represents something because remember how takumi would not accept any other name than sachiko? and hachi would want to be the "perfect house wife" so its not likely she would go against takumi in the decision for the name sachiko, which he wanted so much. I guess that doesn't make sense though since she was wearing the ring at the end though..and did nana and ren ever get married??
I was so surprised that shin changed that much, and he totally grew! haha
Aug 2, 2009 7:16 PM

Mar 2009
arghh it's bothering me why Nana was absent !! And like many people said why Satusko and not Sachiko? But also if anyone caught this why did Hachiko call Nobu " Young master " when she was done preparing the bath for him? Does she work for him at his hotel/inn or whatever he owns. To many questions un answered !!
Aug 5, 2009 8:06 PM

Jul 2009
hi i'm in the middle of watching this anime, and i absolutely love it! i can't seem to stop watching them one after another!! lol.

i heard there is going to be a 2nd season. is this true? if so when?
please reply. thanks =]
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » NANA Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

jacobpaige - Mar 23, 2008

101 by nelsonnnn »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » NANA Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - May 13, 2008

74 by nelsonnnn »»
Yesterday, 7:55 PM

Poll: » NANA Episode 8 Discussion

Vitka_Lynx - Jan 4, 2009

47 by nelsonnnn »»
Yesterday, 7:54 PM

Poll: » NANA Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

57 by nelsonnnn »»
Yesterday, 7:52 PM

Poll: » NANA Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

78 by nelsonnnn »»
Yesterday, 7:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.