Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 24, 2010 2:17 AM

Aug 2009
what a crap ending, i don't think they will release the 2 season, it's just too dark...
Apr 24, 2010 5:31 AM

Apr 2010
If she returns to writing the manga I think there will be a season 2, it was too popular for there not to be. The problem is that she stopped writing at a critical point making it impossible to make a season 2. Hopefully she will get better and finish it though.
May 3, 2010 2:09 AM

Aug 2009
Just finished the series, and I think I can call myself obsessed with NANA. Sad ending, but it wasn't that bad. It just leaves so many questions coz there isn't a season 2 (yet!)
May 9, 2010 10:12 PM

Jan 2009
Every once in a while, it's refreshing to watch such a mature and dramatic show.
NANA definitely fits this criteria.

8/10 bring on season 2!

May 11, 2010 9:57 AM

Feb 2008
Satsuki sure shares a lot of facial similarity with Takumi.

Will Nobuo the nice guy finish last as always? I dunno cause the manga left me with more questions than answers. It's almost as if it was staged like a promo to entice people to read the manga...

Not that i'm complaining...much.
Jun 7, 2010 8:28 PM

May 2010
Nayah said:
Satsuki sure shares a lot of facial similarity with Takumi.

Will Nobuo the nice guy finish last as always? I dunno cause the manga left me with more questions than answers. It's almost as if it was staged like a promo to entice people to read the manga...

Not that i'm complaining...much.

Yeah she does! Wonder what happened to Trapnest and BLAST after.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jun 14, 2010 6:29 PM

Oct 2008
Manga timeee.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jun 22, 2010 3:02 AM

Dec 2008
I got so addicted to NANA i finished it in 2 days, and when i saw the last episode i already knew it would end in disappointment for me. It was great but im not really into Manga that much so it makes it hard for me to want to continue the story. It was a good run though i really liked the show.
Jun 24, 2010 6:45 AM

Jan 2010
Sigh. It really sucks that both the manga and the anime end with cliffhangers.
Hurry up and get better Yazawa-sama! I want to know what happened! TT__TT
Jun 26, 2010 6:59 AM

Feb 2008
Yeah, I wonder what happened to Nana...
Jun 26, 2010 11:34 PM

Oct 2009
this series is a 10/10 for me, even with the unanswered questions. my emotions went up and down throughout this series. i am kinda glad there isn't a season 2, i don't think my heart can take it XD
Jul 6, 2010 4:55 PM

May 2009
koshiu said:
If she returns to writing the manga I think there will be a season 2, it was too popular for there not to be. The problem is that she stopped writing at a critical point making it impossible to make a season 2. Hopefully she will get better and finish it though.

What? She just stopped writing the manga just like that? Duh... This show was released in 2007, it should have had a second season by now. Stupid manga writer!

Anyway, I just finished it and I must say it was a really, really good anime. Like ColdBeans said, it's refreshing to watch such a mature and dramatic show. I'm torn between giving it a 8/10 or 9/10.
Jul 6, 2010 5:06 PM

Mar 2009
Sickly_Grin said:
koshiu said:

What? She just stopped writing the manga just like that? Duh... This show was released in 2007, it should have had a second season by now. Stupid manga writer!

BLASPHEMY.
The hiatuses are due to health problems on Yazawa's part. You're being rather ungrateful for someone who enjoyed her fabulous creation.
Jul 15, 2010 12:34 PM

May 2008
fdjkhds;
I don't like not knowing about Nana!

It was a good series though
hiighly enjoyable and an emotional rollercoaster
Nov 24, 2010 1:39 AM

Mar 2009
Awesome, bring on a second season even though i know whats going to happen please lol. This show really grew on me for some reason and I ended up watching it in 4 or 5 days and ignoring my others.
"One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it." Oogway
Dec 5, 2010 12:13 PM

Aug 2008
What happened to Nana, did she disappeared just some days/day after the firework night? Why? Where? What happened to Ren? Did she left with him or what? Yasu didn't do anything after she left?
OMG OMG so many questions!!!
I wish it'll be 2nd season!

Awesome anime. I cried.
Dec 11, 2010 11:15 PM

Aug 2010
Wow, my thoughts are all so jumbled after watching the last episode.

Well, I'm off to read the manga. I hope the manga-ka recovers soon, I've heard that the manga has been on hold for quite a while now.

Dec 26, 2010 11:37 PM
Aug 2010
Soooo confused..

But I really enjoyed this series. The characters really started to grow on me and felt really alive. The musics great too, have the OPs and EDs in my youtube faves. :)

Apparently Yazawa is out of the hospital now. I hope the manga finishes soon so they can air season 2! I can never really get into manga, so I hope the anime continues soon!
Dec 27, 2010 4:13 AM

Jun 2010
senerikfred said:
Sickly_Grin said:

BLASPHEMY.
The hiatuses are due to health problems on Yazawa's part. You're being rather ungrateful for someone who enjoyed her fabulous creation.

BLASPHEMY. +1
Ai Yazawa is my favorite mangaka. Even if you didn't know she was in the hospital for a year, how could you insult someone who made such an amazing show?

I can't even bring myself to read the manga. I'm too worried she'll never finish it. T_T
Dec 28, 2010 10:42 AM

May 2008
i thought that ren died .________.
Jan 4, 2011 4:25 PM
Jan 2011
After this episode we are left with some heartbreaking questions.
1. Who's the father?
2. Is Nana Komatsu still with Takumi?
3. Had Nobuo grown his own balls?
About Nana that we don't see at the end. Yea sure we know nothing for certain but since she never had problems committing her love I would guess she is still with Ren. How boring for the cullest character in the series :)
Now back to my answers:
1. Bummer, Nobuo used protection cause he's a good guy so he can't be the father. But I do agree that as a Japanese he probably has black hair too duh. That still won't make him the father.
2. I think she is still with him. But ass he is not with her. It must mean their relationship has not much changed. But I am sure now Nana knows what kind of a man he really is. And now she got her child raised (sort of). So she can think of her own desires. By the way she acts I would say there is nothing much happening between her and Takumi, and she look as if she finally found peace with herself.
3. Well as NANA sad once: "Does that moron even have any balls?" Yea kind of sad but it takes time to grow them back on, after a fucked up mistake as letting your love go, so she might have a better future with someone else...(real life tested = bad idea)
We need to get really in to the details to see the answer of that.
a) She prepared a bath for him = it's a sweet wife-husbend invitation.
b) He went in the bath before she went out, and when she was going away he stopped her => he gowned some balls argument.
c) At some point they show a shot at the other two guys waiting for them to return from the bath, but take a look that her brat :) is asleep. And what do parents do when their children went to sleep :) => they sure did took a long time with that bath and together!
d) And finally just today I saw it. At the last shot we see something from the window from above. Now first it looks like a bath tower, but if you see the colors and the thing in the middle...
What we were looking at was the carefully put away kimono of Nana ( Undressed ), and the room was the bath. So they defiantly were in the bath naked together =>
FINALLY they got together.
P.S. Because of the gift of Nobuo to her kid we see he likes the Brat despite how is her father, and her reaction to the gift shows she accepts him too.
Jan 13, 2011 7:00 AM

Oct 2010
After careful consideration of the events of the story as a whole and the final episode I've come to the following conclusions.

* Since about episode 4 I've believed that Nana is dead and Hachi is reminiscing with her memory. This idea was thrown for a loop around episode 30 where Nana started narrating as well but I'm not entirely convinced she isn't anyway. Something terrible has happened between the end of the final episode and the jump to 7 years later possibly involving the bathtub. I've not read any of the comments in this thread or continued on into the manga so I'm just going on instinct and the clues we've been given.
* Hachi's daughter clearly belongs to Takumi but is being raised by her and Nobu. It was implied that Takumi might call off the wedding due to what it could do to the band's image per his discussion with Reira.
* Continuing on from my last point I believe that the ring on Hachi's finger belongs to Nana. Ren gave this ring to Nana shortly after the events we see and through some means it ends up with Hachi. Either Nana refused to marry Ren after finding out Takumi was dumping Hachi or she took it to remember her by after Nana's death.
* Ren was addicted to Heroin. This is obvious but a lot of people missed the subtle clues such as the comparison to Sid & Nancy. It's also entirely possible that Ren and Nana were doing it together and she died in the bathtub at apartment 707. At the end of the episode no one is sure if Ren will show up, if Nana is dead this could very well be why.
Jan 16, 2011 4:44 AM

Jan 2008
I am deeply moved. Drama which would look so pathetic in hands of holywood directors is presented so sensitively that I almost cried during several last epizodes. I find japanese perception of emotions and their inability to share them with people around surprisingly similar to my own emotional issues. I have been thinking about possible follow-up and this story cannot end with happy end which we, Western people, would be expect. Most likely it will be the Asian happy end which I have seen many times in anime and I adore it.

NANA, I will be waiting...10, 20 even 30 years. Just come back, please and crush me by your feelings.
Feb 5, 2011 3:04 PM
Nov 2010
Now i'll admit, I was really confused with this entire episode, but the comments here really helped me out. But I was scared at the beginning of this episode when they did that whole 6-year time jump. =S

Well, it seems like Nobuo still had some unrequited feelings for Hachi and didn't quite fully get over her after deciding not to see her during the fireworks show, since he grabbed her hand in the 6-year time lapse. I don't think they're really together now, because her expression showed a bit of restraint when he grabbed her, but it seems like she gave in. I think she might still be with Takumi, since her daughter called Nobu by his named and didn't refer to him as "dad", but Takumi may be some place else with his band or something.

As for the whereabouts of Nana and Ren, it looked like Hachi was wearing a second ring, which could be Nana's ring that Ren would have given her! <=O
Maybe something really did happen to Ren, and Nana ran away or something. <=*(

We need a second season!

Feb 9, 2011 8:30 PM
Jan 2011
I watched this anime about 3 months ago and I'm just now able to talk about it without getting pissed lol. Anyways, overall I thought the anime was great. At first I hated the ending...with a passion. However, now that I can reflect back on it, I'd say it was a pretty damn good ending. Nobuo never manned up so there shouldn't be any expectations of a happy ending. Well I wouldn't say it wasn't a happy ending, but it could've been better had Hachi and Nobuo not been so childish.

Overall, a great anime. I'm not sure if it's worth a rewatch but it was still an excellent anime. I'm a bit biased because this was actually my first non-action anime, not to mention one of my first anime altogether.
LexiumFeb 9, 2011 8:34 PM
Feb 16, 2011 2:30 AM

Jul 2009
the ending was one of the saddest thing i've seen in life at the same time it kinda irritated me a little on how many times Hachi cried. she seems to cry everytime something happens to her. i understand the hard feelings but couldn't she at least accept what has happened?

yeah i think Nana probably died due to her sickness. i believe it was hyperventilation due to stress not to mention i was really scared whenever she has these attacks it really feels like she's gone :'( if she was alive she would always see Hachiko whenever possible, i wonder what Ren feels? he seems alive, didn't know his addiction was drugs due to loneliness without Nana? yeah i didn't notice Hachiko had 2 wedding rings. did Ren and Nana married at one point? it might be possible that one of them belongs to Ren and he gave it to Hachiko since he knows Nana is close to her assuming Nana's gone.

what about Yasu's reaction and about Nana? Nobu finally manning up? what about Reira and Takumi? is Takumi even engaged to Hachiko? or did they broke of? is blast or trapnest even a band anymore? what about Junko chan and friends? when did Hachiko renamed their child Satchiko? is it because she doesn't want to remember shoji's gf? what about that yukatana at the end? is it from Nana? and finally about the child smiling in the end? could it be Ren? soo many questions

it's been 4 years now and there's still no new season. not to mention the manga's hasn't been finished yet. kinda ironic the author has similar symptoms with Nana, Stress. hopefully Ai Yazawa feels better soon

definitely love the series, the ending was kinda mixed feelings but overall i was satisfied at the same time it left wanting me more. please 2nd season with the same cast, Paku Romi as Nana again :P as well as Olivia and Anna singing the Opening and Ending songs :P or finish the manga. would love a blu ray release also please :P

i was gonna give the series a 9/10 but since Nana has become one of my favorite characters. i'll give this a 10/10 just for her alone :P
SomaHeirFeb 16, 2011 2:37 AM
Feb 20, 2011 6:30 PM

Jul 2010
The ending seems to be very good , most are willing to read the manga right away just because the ending left so much unknown and unanswered. And it would have been great iff Hachi broke up with Takumi and ended up having nobu's kid. I'm going to start with the manga soon and i doubt they would start a second season since it's been a while now after the first season ended , or the manga is just still to short to start a second season.
Mar 24, 2011 12:28 AM

Aug 2010
HOLY FUCK WHAT?

the ending was so sad and left so many questions FFFFFF

and here i was hoping for a happy NobuxHachi ending but I guess I'll just have catch up to the manga just like everyone else.

I really liked the series, kept me on the edge of my seat, made me feel lots of emotions. I just wished for the ending to give me a bit more closure. What's the point of giving closue for Shoji and not for Nobu?

Oh well, not so sure about a second season so I'm definitely going to start reading the manga now.

One of my fav animu as of now, I give it a 10/10
Mar 25, 2011 6:57 AM
Aug 2007
people please dont end up like me and reading the manga........ last night ive been cursing like hell.

the author of nana was sick 2 years ago and stopped releasing the last 6 chapters.
recent i heard she was back and a new chapter was planned (i think) very soon.
but i also think we can wait for another 1 or 2 years because of the earthquake and nuclear disacter in japan. i really liked the anime but i recent start to read the manga.
it WILL suck u up in the story i think i did 84 chapters in 2 days. normally i dont even touch a book nor a newspaper but i can tell u its good.

and i dont know for sure about hachi-takumi hachi nobu. there are sign in the manga but still its hard to get a clear thing out of it
Apr 2, 2011 3:35 AM

Feb 2010
Best Anime Ever.

I only would have wished to see Nana & Nana talk everything over.

I also feel Nana dies later.. If Nana dies, then she must only die recently which is why Ren wasn't there in the end (he suicides?). But that also wouldn't make sense either because Yazu & everyone were acting like whatever. You see, the only way Nana dying would make sense, is if Ren dies at least in less than a year, just like Sid & Nancy.

I hope i never meet someone like Hachi. I hope i meet someone like Nana O.
Apr 4, 2011 11:55 AM

Oct 2009
somehow the ending i lived it so close that it is earily closeto real life events in my life
May 6, 2011 12:21 PM

Jul 2008
I agree with what Akolatronic said. I hoped for an ending with more closure and one a little more happy in tone, but I guess it's just like the characters kept reminding us, life just doesn't work out like a fairytale.

The series was unbelievably good and I was in tears when those credits started rolling. Like most, I'll probably resort to the manga now, but I hope they make a second season one day. I can't believe it's over... I wish it would just continue forever. I feel so empty now. Watching this series for the past month has been a roller coaster of emotions and it's one of few anime I don't think I'll ever forget. Thank you Ai Yazawa and all of the anime staff for creating such a masterpiece.

"Hey, Nana..."
ToukaMay 6, 2011 12:34 PM
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
Jun 2, 2011 4:50 AM

May 2010
hikaricore said:
After careful consideration of the events of the story as a whole and the final episode I've come to the following conclusions.

* Since about episode 4 I've believed that Nana is dead and Hachi is reminiscing with her memory. This idea was thrown for a loop around episode 30 where Nana started narrating as well but I'm not entirely convinced she isn't anyway. Something terrible has happened between the end of the final episode and the jump to 7 years later possibly involving the bathtub. I've not read any of the comments in this thread or continued on into the manga so I'm just going on instinct and the clues we've been given.
* Hachi's daughter clearly belongs to Takumi but is being raised by her and Nobu. It was implied that Takumi might call off the wedding due to what it could do to the band's image per his discussion with Reira.
* Continuing on from my last point I believe that the ring on Hachi's finger belongs to Nana. Ren gave this ring to Nana shortly after the events we see and through some means it ends up with Hachi. Either Nana refused to marry Ren after finding out Takumi was dumping Hachi or she took it to remember her by after Nana's death.
* Ren was addicted to Heroin. This is obvious but a lot of people missed the subtle clues such as the comparison to Sid & Nancy. It's also entirely possible that Ren and Nana were doing it together and she died in the bathtub at apartment 707. At the end of the episode no one is sure if Ren will show up, if Nana is dead this could very well be why.

I totally agree.

The whole of the last episode just felt like it was written as if she had died.

Otherwise - they would all have said - "When is Nana coming?" When Nobu is looking at Hachi in the bathroom I think part of it his him caring, but a bigger part of it is him worrying about her feelings over Nana.

I'm glad I read another comment which mentioned the bath thing at the end. I'm glad that Nobu and Hachi got to have that moment together.

In the end I'm kind of glad there was no happy ending. It was never really a happy anime so this just kind of felt right. And felt more realistic. Life isn't a fairy tale, and love is complicated.

*sighs*

EDIT::

So I just looked up 'Nana Osaki' on wiki. Wow. So I got that completely wrong lol.

They really need to make a season 2 to explain all the extra stuff that goes down.
kaleidomeJun 2, 2011 8:21 AM
Jun 7, 2011 9:27 AM

Aug 2010
kaleidome said:
hikaricore said:

I totally agree.

The whole of the last episode just felt like it was written as if she had died.

Otherwise - they would all have said - "When is Nana coming?" When Nobu is looking at Hachi in the bathroom I think part of it his him caring, but a bigger part of it is him worrying about her feelings over Nana.

I'm glad I read another comment which mentioned the bath thing at the end. I'm glad that Nobu and Hachi got to have that moment together.

In the end I'm kind of glad there was no happy ending. It was never really a happy anime so this just kind of felt right. And felt more realistic. Life isn't a fairy tale, and love is complicated.

*sighs*

EDIT::

So I just looked up 'Nana Osaki' on wiki. Wow. So I got that completely wrong lol.

They really need to make a season 2 to explain all the extra stuff that goes down.

Nana Osaki's wiki . Some part of it that we didn't know by just watching the anime .

Sooo ..... ? TT___TT IDK what to say .
HAKUNA MATATA it means no worries

I'm a lazy maiden . So lazy you can say if there are work on the bed, I would rather sleep on the floor.
Jun 16, 2011 9:58 PM
Jun 2010
If Nana dies I think that is too obvious to most of the viewers. Not obvious but something we all share a common idea of what's happening. I think the mangaka might probably try to trick us or might have something else happening. Maybe I'm in denial and just don't want to believe Nana is dead but I feel as if maybe something else could of happened like her going into a coma or something(probably wrong). It wouldn't shock to many of us if Nana died so the mangaka is possibly trying to make it seem like that when something else might really happen. Nana could of gotten very ill and the band had to stop doing shows until she's gotten better and could possibly be waiting for that but then again I'm just making up scenarios.

Anyways I'm going to definitely avoid picking up the manga until that mangaka comes back because I will be infuriated if the manga never ends. She did say that she doesn't know if she will continue Nana and why would a mangaka say that unless they really plan on ending it? Maybe her illness was that bad? I love Nana a lot but I don't want to get into something that won't end. It would just piss me off too much and make me feel like I've wasted my time on it.

"There is someone that I must meet again. And until that day... not even Death himself can take my life away!"
Jun 27, 2011 9:26 AM
Apr 2011
Caroline said:
THE SHOW IS NOT OVER.
There will be a Secound season next yr

Is this confirmed?! I hope so.. I will be very very happy if these happens..
Jul 12, 2011 8:09 AM

Apr 2009
The future tidbits only add more to my speculation. Did Nana died? Will Hachi return to Nobu in the future?
And it's been years since this show came out, yet no second season. I think I'm gonna force myself to read the manga now.

Overall, good show. Maybe not everyone's cup of tea, but..
One of the better anime dramas I've seen lately. 8/10
Jul 14, 2011 4:40 PM
Jul 2011
for those you you too lazy to read NANA is on tour..not dead. and yes tragic Hachi married Takumi, most of you must be in grade school because your fascinated she had 2 rings *sigh* when you get engaged you get a ring with a diamond(its called an engagement ring) when you get married you get another ring(this is called a wedding band its usually plain and both the wife and husband get one when exchanging vows) so no its not NANA's dead and shes wearing her ring--where you got that frankly surprises me ಠ_ಠ so many idiots watching anime, also her "condition" is mostly stress related and is not fatal, it's known to the less intelligent as basically a panic attack. claustrophobic people have them a bunch too, basically you hyperventilate or breath in and out so fast your not getting any actual air in, it can feel scary but can not kill you--unless i suppose your in a room where you have a limited air supply, seeing how that isn't something people encounter normally i doubt she has anything to worried about. Before posting your thoughts you might want to research things a bit, saying Nana is dead and she is wearing her ring.... well ಥдಥ BAHAHHAHA never heard someone speculate that much you guys really took that stick and ran huh. Read the manga you can even find it online if you're broke. Anyways lets review-- its normal for a MARRIED woman not engaged woman to have 2 rings one with a diamond one plain solid band, ask your mommy or look at hers, two Nana made it big and is on tour, as for Nobu he never really settled things too well with Hachi he grabbed her because of course he loves her but no he is not raising the child. He even brought Satsuki (hachis daughter) a gift, the audience was supposed to see that as they don't meet often, have you never received a gift from someone you have not seen in most likely a year? anyways they may release a second season when the author finishes the series.
Jul 14, 2011 8:57 PM

Mar 2011
I have enjoyed this anime so much! One of the reasons why I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this anime is because it brings out the dark side of people that most people dont talk about. Everyone can somewhat relate to some character in that story. Although I am not thoroughly happy that Hachiko ended up with Takumi, in the end, it is just ultimately what life is -- which is unfair.

The mystery of where Nana is, in the anime, is left to be interpreted by the viewer, unless you have already read the manga. At first, I thought Nana could have been on tour, or dead, or missing. I ruled out death because in the middle of the anime, Nana Osaki began to narrate, which really wouldn't make sense for a dead person to tell their tale. At the end, when all the band members unite, except for Nana Osaki, I ruled out the possibility of her being on tour, which left me with the possibility that Nana is missing for whatever reason, and will not return home.

I am just sad that the series doesnt continue because based on what I heard, so much more happens from that point on.
Jul 23, 2011 3:26 PM

Jul 2008
Great series. I have to give it an 8/10 though because starting around the halfway point I really disliked the direction the series headed. The drama and characters are all amazing, but I don't feel I can rate it higher when I hated so much of what happened concerning the plot.

I wish we could have seen Nana in 7 years.

Also, that last "Hey, Nana" was so sad.
Aug 2, 2011 11:56 AM

Oct 2009
Well I know what I'll be buying if I run into any cheap Manga shops whilst on holiday. The NANA Manga ofcourse! I wanna' know what the Anime missed out. It must be something bad.. since otherwise why would Nana miss it? Gahh, must find out!

Anyhoo, this was a lovely episode. I liked the future flash and how everyone (other than Nana ;w; ) are still together on good terms. I like how Yasu didn't change~! and how Nobu is still short! xD

Shin looks great too, even without his usual blue spikes! ^-^ Truly a great, great Anime. I feel bad now for putting it on-hold for so long, but it shows that I really got into it since I watched from episode 19-47 over just a few days. Love this Anime, and it definitely earns a place on my top favourites.

9/10!
Aug 23, 2011 2:11 AM

Mar 2011
hikaricore said:

It seems things have really changed in the future.

-Since the time Nana took over narrating with Hachi, it just threw my whole conclusions and ideas on a spin-off. I was so confused as to what would happen..

-Ai really related Ren&Nana to the relationship of Sid&Nancy. I found out about them halfway through watching the series, and since then, was just dreading this last episode. Your theory with what happened with Sid&Nancy could very well be true. But I don't think either of them were suicidal. Yeah, Ren was addicted. Whether it was psychological or not, he couldn't live without Nana. Similar to what Sid Vicious felt for Nancy. And if Nana were to go, then I'm sure Ren would follow after. It's never mentioned if they've seen Ren recently, so I assume he's with Nana..wherever she is. And I'm at leas happy for that.

-I see that BLAST has broken up then..as the members haven't seen each other in about 2 months..wonder what happened to TRAPNEST then..

-If the ring that Ren was planning to buy Nana really did end up with Hachi, then there's a chance that Ren&Nana are seperated.

-About Hachi..I'm thinking that maybe Takumi mentioning that the wedding would be put on hold was a definite sign. Positive that the child is Takumi's though. And even though Nobu held back in the past, now in the future...when he caught hold of her hand, it seemed like they've finally both accepted it. Satsuki's name also means that Takumi either changed his mind or was just out of the picture. She seems cool with Nobu. And I really wish to hope that Hachi can finally live together with Nobu, and raise a family with him.

..So I guess I'm happy with this ending. Wasn't expecting it that's for sure. But I never did in this anime..that's what kept me through.. this has really made me think. The reality of it, it just pained me so much and made me hope but...not everything's what you hope for. It never really is. It just felt all so real. So very real.

-Ai Yazawa, you have my best wishes. I guess you sucked me much too deep into this beautifu and fragile world you've woven. It's been years but, I hope you find the inspiration and the strength to draw again. You're work's brought tears to my eyes. Not to mention millions of others.

Let's just leave it at a Sid&Nancy ending for now. A punk Romeo&Juliet tragedy. (10)
LoonyLimboAug 24, 2011 10:04 AM
Sep 13, 2011 7:33 AM

Apr 2008
4 years and still no second season
Sep 15, 2011 2:32 PM

Jan 2009
At first I was so shocked that they didn't show their reunion and already show Satsuki.
But then I relieved (a bit), because they went back to where we were.

And I was angry,
Because she had a child and lived with Takuni afterall.
And Nobu has given up on her. It's so pissed me off! >.<

Nobu and Hachi were perfect.

And I was glad that she met Shouji. I thought that someone will die, but fortunately something like that didn't happen.

I cried in 50% of this anime.
But I was annoyed by Sachiko and Takumi/Hachi, so for hurting my nerves I'm rating: 9/10
Sep 16, 2011 5:20 PM

Aug 2011
I didn't read manga.

My ex is the Hachi type. She's really nice if someone picks her to do all those housewife job. But I strongly dislike Hachi in the anime.

Osaki Nana probably died after the firework festival because of an accident, maybe linked with her sickness.

Ren is just a normal guy and keeps living a life without Nana.

BLAST disbanded.

Trapnest probably continues, and the long hair did not marry Hachi.

Nobu? I think he deserves someone better than Hachi. Better means more suitable here.

The others all have their lives, with no regret.
Nov 4, 2011 8:29 AM

Oct 2011
it absolutely kills me that there probably will never be any more nana manga/anime ever, although i pray yazawa-sama will someday pick up the pen again - i send her all wishes for health and happiness, as she has brought so much into mine - i find her work to be more involving emotionally than almost anything i've ever read... it took me forever to finally watch this last episode as i never wanted to leave the wonderful world of nana - it really makes you feel you know these characters in real life - their losses are our, their joy is ours...
Dec 8, 2011 12:07 PM
Dec 2011
I just had some things to add to this thread...

Hachi's ring you see her wearing even in the later chapters of the manga is her own. Takumi bought it for her, and if you read the manga, there is a scene where Ren asks Takumi where he got his ring for Hachi. Ren bought the same ring for Nana that Takumi bought for Hachi, thus Nana/Hachi have identical engagement rings.

If you continue to read the manga after the last episode in the anime, a lot of things will become much clearer. I don't want to spoil anything by saying what happens with Ren, or what's going on with the 2 Nanas, so I'll just leave it at that.

I hope against hope that someday Yazawa-san will be well enough to finish this story. It was so powerful and moving, both in manga and anime form. Keeping my fingers crossed...
Dec 20, 2011 7:04 PM

Oct 2011
*Sigh* The ending almost ruined everything for me.

I was LOVING everything. It was realistic. Against what others think, I'm glad she ended up with Takumi. Nobu needed someone a bit better than Hachi, and Takumi was willing to provide for his family and love them as much as he could. He knew work would interfere but you can't be in the spotlight forever. Maybe things got better as the years went along. She's married to him as shown with the wedding band and engagement ring together.

I wish we had more of Shin x Layla. I liked them more than anyone else, despite the age difference.

I wish Nobu got with Miu. I dunno why but it felt sweet to me. He needed a happy ending without Hachi.

I also think it's bogus we never saw older Nana O. That sits wrong with me. We also dunno about her and Ren. I just assume they got married. *Shrugs*

I also wanted to see Hachi interact with Tamuki now since we have to conclude that they stayed together. I wanted to know if Jun had a baby too. They had the most stable relationship.

It left too much open for me, and I guess it continues in manga (?) but it really grinds my gears when anime stops like this. I know some of it is money and what have you, but if they see that coming, they should conclude it in a final movie or something. I don't read manga. >_< I guess I'll go look up summaries or something.

Ending 6/10
Overall 8/10 (Had to dock it from a 9 cause the ending left me like o_O)

Dec 26, 2011 12:07 AM

Mar 2009
The ending lacked something, like there should have been more.
Jan 4, 2012 4:12 PM
Dec 2010
:c

i was wondering, if anyone could tell me if the future part happens like this in the manga too, or is it just in the anime (at this point in the story at least)? if its possible to avoid spoiling anything, please do that too. thank you.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » NANA Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

jacobpaige - Mar 23, 2008

101 by nelsonnnn »»
27 minutes ago

Poll: » NANA Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - May 13, 2008

74 by nelsonnnn »»
Yesterday, 7:55 PM

Poll: » NANA Episode 8 Discussion

Vitka_Lynx - Jan 4, 2009

47 by nelsonnnn »»
Yesterday, 7:54 PM

Poll: » NANA Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

57 by nelsonnnn »»
Yesterday, 7:52 PM

Poll: » NANA Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

78 by nelsonnnn »»
Yesterday, 7:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.