Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 28, 2007 3:52 PM

Apr 2007
<strong>THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.</strong><br />----------------------------------------
<br /><br />Finally the end! I must say I was a bit disappointed even though there was an (almost complete) reunion. The glimpse of the future with Hachi and her daughter meeting up with all the Blast members except for Nana was disheartening. Hachi still had her wedding ring on so I'm assuming she's still married to Takumi. Nana being absent though raises the question of what happened to Blast? Did they fold and she just choose disappear from everyone's lives? I'm dying to know what happens to them so I'm going to have to get my hands on the manga now to continue the story.

Regardless of the ending, I enjoyed the show overall. There were some annoyances, lots of twists and turns, and plenty of good music.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Jul 28, 2007 5:35 PM

Mar 2007
mmmm hachi is just engaged, not married. She only has an engagement ring when ahe is in-real-time with Nana. I followed the manga because i needed to know what came next, and i watched this chapter months ago in japanese but i didn't mark it as watched in my list because i thought it eould be better to wait till the fansub release. ~Anyway, is a great non-ending for a great anime. Let's wait for the second season so we can angst some more...
@chelle- if you read this,nowadays i agree completely with you about takumi. i thought he was different but he's not...
Jul 28, 2007 6:21 PM

Apr 2007
I only assumed Hachi was married due to the ring on her finger when they show her in the apartment years later preparing Nobu's bath. She'd either have to be wearing the ring for some sort of sentimental reason or that's an awfully long engagement she's had. Whatever the case I've only been speculating and would rather not let this sway into a full on manga discussion lest we get into spoilers.

As for a second season, from the looks of the news post off Ureshii's page, one of the people on the Nana staff isn't too keen on working on another season. That could equal another long wait between subs unless they can fill in with motivated staff or another group picks it up.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Jul 28, 2007 11:07 PM
Overlord

Nov 2004
Good show...sad ending. Nobu is what every guy on the planet should aim for. Seriously. I can't even comprehend how much self control it must have taken to not open that door with the girl you love on the other side. Can't even imagine it. It was the right thing to do imo. Hachiko needs to grow up before Nobu ever tries for her again.

Was Satsuki & her black hair supposed to represent that it was Takumi's child? Or, does Nobu actually have black hair and he just bleached it (I'm thinking that's the case). So, we don't know whose child it is from the anime it would appear.

I don't think I'll wait for the 2nd season. Manga time.
Jul 30, 2007 2:34 PM
May 2007
Xinil said:
Good show...sad ending. Nobu is what every guy on the planet should aim for. Seriously. I can't even comprehend how much self control it must have taken to not open that door with the girl you love on the other side. Can't even imagine it. It was the right thing to do imo. Hachiko needs to grow up before Nobu ever tries for her again.

Was Satsuki & her black hair supposed to represent that it was Takumi's child? Or, does Nobu actually have black hair and he just bleached it (I'm thinking that's the case). So, we don't know whose child it is from the anime it would appear.

Agree with you, Nobu REALLY have self control... and... Satsuki? Wasn't the name of Hachi's baby going to be Sachiko?
hmm...
Anyway, she looks a lot like Takumi...

Manga time too! >:3
a
Jul 30, 2007 3:18 PM

Aug 2006
Xinil said:

Yup... same here... that ending just left too may questions.
Aug 3, 2007 10:43 AM

Jun 2007
Kiriyuu, that confused me too.. Maybe they changed their decision or something? She wasn't named yet.

I can't believe it's over! Most of the shows that I watch are already finished when I start watching them, so I usually finish it in a few days. But I've been watching Nana for a year or so! Well, I suppose there will be a second season, won't there? So it's not really over yet.
Aug 6, 2007 5:46 PM
Jul 2007
THE SHOW IS NOT OVER.
There will be a Secound season next yr
Aug 8, 2007 4:54 PM

Aug 2007
=O oooo. a second season o.o
Aug 8, 2007 5:00 PM
May 2007
Lieke said:
Kiriyuu, that confused me too.. Maybe they changed their decision or something? She wasn't named yet.

I can't believe it's over! Most of the shows that I watch are already finished when I start watching them, so I usually finish it in a few days. But I've been watching Nana for a year or so! Well, I suppose there will be a second season, won't there? So it's not really over yet.

yeah, there's a second season.
a
Aug 11, 2007 11:24 PM

Apr 2007
TwT. I loved watching nana, sad to see it finished, but there is a 2nd season, just gotta wait for that, and since i'll be watching it while its airing i wont be able to marathon T.T .... oh wellz, i might start reading the manga if i can get my hands on it...

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 28, 2007 1:23 PM

Jun 2007
arg ive just watched the whole show in 3 days :S
and its no way i can wait till next year for the second season >.<
btw where the hell was nana in last ep :S i hope shes not dead lol
ok im going for the manga aswell...
Sep 10, 2007 1:18 PM
Aug 2007
Wow I didn't know there was going to be a second season!! I can't wait! :)

I assume the black hair of Satsuki meant she was Takumi's child.
Sep 10, 2007 1:23 PM
Overlord

Nov 2004
nanarose said:

That's not for sure. Remember, Nobu's hair is bleached.
Sep 10, 2007 3:44 PM

Mar 2007
I read what happens next in the manga... though I only found transtions until chapter 69 (and I think the anime stopped at the manga chapter 42).

Even so, I didn't find out much. -_-

Want to know what I know? xD
Sep 12, 2007 10:14 AM

Sep 2007
So why not Sachiko? why didn't she name her daughter Sachiko? I mean I wouldn't either if I was her but I can't help but wonder and hope that its because its not Takumi's. I don't hate Takumi or anything, I just think he's wrong for Hachi. No matter what he can never love her like Nobu does. and I can't wait to see what will happen in the new season with those two. The scene in the bathroom after running the bathwater....it just leaves my head swimming. I don't know what to think.

But disregarding all the love triangle stuff. What I am MOST interested in knowing, is what happened to Nana. I'm sort of worried about whats happened to her. The "hey nana's" in this last episode were a bit too cryptic. I can only hope everything will work with her and Ren but somehow....I don't think it will.
Oct 10, 2007 2:02 AM

Sep 2007
You know how takumi wanted the daughter to be named sachikio but we later find out the the daughter's name had changed to satsuki. maybe that was a way of telling us that hachi didn't want to do anything with takumi and that the only relation they have now is their daughter. And hachi probably still has a whole in her heart that only nobu could fill
Oct 14, 2007 9:35 PM
Jun 2007
Does anyone know what Rens addiction is? Drugs? They said in 46 or 47 (i forget which =x) that if people knew of his addiction the band would be suspended.

In regards to the events that happen in 47, I think Nana is alive and is just in hiding. I the beginning of the episode she says that she is afraid to meet with everyone again for fear that she will depend on them again.

I'm glad they are going to make a second season, but I wish they didn't end this one with such a confusing ending.
Oct 20, 2007 4:24 PM

Oct 2007
Xinil said:
nanarose said:

That's not for sure. Remember, Nobu's hair is bleached.

XD i rly need to check for details then never tought of his hair was bleached :O
Oct 21, 2007 1:40 AM

Aug 2007
I really liked this last episode and the whole series. I think the second season is still up in the air, so I thought this was the best place in the story to end the season/series. 10/10
Dec 10, 2007 11:20 PM
Apr 2007
Well it was pretty much assumed the kid was from takumi, anyway it doesnt matter as the important is she kept the baby no matter who the father is. She seems awfully friendly with nobu too but no evidence of romance ( the bath for nobu may be just part of her caring personality) so i must assume they just meet there as an homage to Nana whos no longer around wich makes me wonder the worse.. her rebel attitude and the way she bottled up emotions together with her selfish headstrong attitude furthers those thoughts, plus theres the bathtub scene and even her stress issues.. she often mentions shes depending on them too.. to counter this theres ren whos still around and they could just be waitin for her because of other situations..a twist can be easily done, guess its up to the writter, the scenes from the 6 years later are definitely a way to make ppl interested and pick up the manga and the future second season, damn marketing !
Well.. after halfway, the show focused more on the other members of the band so im more interested in finding out what happens to shin and reira actually. Maybe ill pick up the manga, but im afraid ill just be waiting forever till it ends too.
acceleratumDec 10, 2007 11:23 PM
Jan 29, 2008 12:39 AM
Jan 2008
people are annoying. they should READ the manga before complaining about the anime. complaining about anime without having all the facts is just idiocy.
Feb 19, 2008 7:55 AM

Feb 2008
It is obvious that it is Takumi's child, because Nobu used strict protection as mentioned in more than one episode. I don't know if he is blond or not, but the child is Takumi's. Also I guess that Ren's addiction is drugs because the day I watched the last episodes I watched some of Sid Vicious' clips and stuff and I assume Ren is some kind of his copy. He plays bass, he's dressed in the same way and the chain that Nana gave him is the same. Sid Vicious died from heroin overdose.... I hope that part won't be copied... The series were great, one of the best and realistic anime I've ever seen, a little bit more dramatic than I can take, but.... oh, well... I hope the next season will be here soon... bye
Life is short. Make it worth living.
Mar 24, 2008 9:27 PM

Feb 2008
one of the best anime i've ever seen, but this non-ending is going to keep it from getting a 10/10 + favorite from me :(
Mar 29, 2008 3:14 PM
Mar 2008
this anime was the sadest anime ive ever seen :( i wanted to know what happened next every time i watched an episode. But i hated the ending. So sad. I thought there were two rings on her finger? oh well. Is there really going to be a second season? i dont really like manga.. If i watch the manga will it ruin it for me? if there isnt a second season then theres no point >__> i can just watch the manga. Well ... i feel like i havnt understood a thing about the anime because of the ending. What happened to nana?? and hachi, why did nobu ask if shes really doing fine .. i wonder if something happened to nana.. This was like maybe 3 or 4 years later.. assuming because of how old hachi's kid was. i dont know :S
May 27, 2008 12:43 AM

Feb 2008
Man, this ending so many question, looks like I'll have to start reading the manga.

Overall, this was a REALLY good anime. Gets a 10/10 from me.
Jun 4, 2008 1:54 PM

Jan 2008
I don't like open endings >.< I gave it 9 but when I saw the ending I gave it 7 :/ haha ~ I guess I'm gonna read the manga too :3 so far 74 chapters are out XDD good thing summer vacation is going to start soon :3
Jun 5, 2008 6:48 PM
Dec 2006
great anime, can't wait until next season, whenever that's coming out. btw, does anyone know what volumes the anime spanned to?
Jun 14, 2008 8:32 PM

Jul 2007
I've really enjoyed the watching this, too bad I had to hold it for while but it was worth it and I plan on reading the manga.
Jul 17, 2008 2:03 AM
Jun 2008
i think nana is dead, ren probably died of drugs... then she killed herself..or it could be that nana died of that breathing to the bag thing... didnt they promise theyd like die together?
Jul 22, 2008 5:09 AM

Sep 2007
Hmmm... I'd read the manga for the continuation because the end is not the "end". But I liked it.
Jul 30, 2008 1:52 AM

Nov 2007
Yumi said:
waaaa! done already! i finshed Nana for only 3 days!! whooo!

many questions are popping on my mind.. i guess it's time to read the manga..
anyone knows what specific volume and chapter should i start?

haha..same here same here..
waa.. i love it though the ending is not good..
they left so many questions..!gRr..

well.. gave it a 10..
'cause of my nobu and shin!
and for osaki and ren!..

Jul 30, 2008 1:55 AM

Nov 2007

wehh.. reira too!
love her songs!..
esp. winter sleep!..

and i can reLate with nana's songs..

gRrrr!.. nana rocKs! ..

hope they do the 2nd season very soon!.. :p
Aug 16, 2008 8:43 AM

Mar 2008
beautiful beautiful beautiful !!! <3
and nyaa all this talk about a second season has gotten me excited.
but omg..
i literally held my breath when Nobu went for the door.
i dont remember breathing at all for most of that episode!
i cried with Nobu too <3 =[
as for what everyones been discussing...im still unsure of who i think the father is...that flashback thing Hachi had of her and Nana in the bath made me think Satsuki is Nobu's but all logical reasons point to Takumi...i guess i just don't want it to be his.
arr my heart wont slow down!
guess i too will start reading the manga now =]
and wow how different did Shin look in the future thing?! wow!
Aug 23, 2008 9:05 AM

Jun 2008
The ending was good, but with no closure...
I want the manga to finish soon, and that they start on season two XDDD
//“The third time is for what will be. The way back will come but once. Be steadfast.”
Oct 11, 2008 8:19 PM

Oct 2008
I finished the whole series in just 2 days and because of this series' upside down relationships i feel depressed right now. I had a high hopes for the ending but i'm really disappointed right now. I mean, what was that future thing about? I just wanted to know the present! I wasn't ready to see Hachi as a mother and I wasn't even ready to see her pregnant. On the top of it, I saw her child and saw the band disbanded and didn't saw the Nana! They were waiting for Ren, so he was certainly alive (but I'm not sure if he's well) but where is Nana? Really, they're consciously pushing us to read the manga and so, I'll certainly will. I can't wait the new season. -_-"

This series is certainly annoys me and make me feel depressed. Maybe I should have quitted watching the series in the beginning, but it's too late now. Generally, it was a good series and i love Nana (not the always crying one, the other), Nobu, Shin and a few characters too. (There are severel character that I hate too of course, for example Takumi >.< He just ruined everything!) And I love all the ops! Especially the first and the third ones. I didn't like the eds, they were so slow. xD But the music was always good in generally, not perfect, but with characters' love of music it approached to be perfect. ^^
Nov 4, 2008 11:43 AM

Mar 2008
alas so its ended...what a brilliant rollercoaster of life.
damnnn i really wanted nobu x nana and for the 2 nanas to stay together....but i guess now it all makes sense...
although i didnt get the beginning of it: in the future when punk nana wasnt there, and when nobu grabbed energetic nana's hand as if to become a couple again........I DONT UNDERSTAND!! why did punk nana leave!?!??!?!?!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 4, 2008 11:45 AM

Mar 2008
i hope theres a 2nd season to answer all the Qs (wht happened to blast, wht happened to ren x punk nana, wheres punk nana, why did punk nana leave, why the 2 nanas arent together, wht happened to energetic nana and her engagement (did it go thro)...wht happened to trapest etc etc.......)
Nov 11, 2008 5:23 PM
Jul 2018
I would definitely read the manga, but I don't know where the anime left off at. D: The ending wasn't what I expected, gah.

tainteddonut said:
Nana being absent though raises the question of what happened to Blast?

Wasn't that Nana on the staircase looking out the window? (outside of the room of course)
Nov 18, 2008 5:49 AM

Sep 2008
waaai~

cant wait for the 2nd season... >.<
enya's life spent on MAL: September 21, 2008 to August 23, 2012
Dec 6, 2008 4:46 AM

Oct 2008
Wow what an ending!
It's sad though that Nobu & Nana don't come back together :(
I feel so empty now that it's over O.o
Can't wait for the 2nd season to come out!

Overall: 8/10
Dec 24, 2008 12:59 AM

Jul 2008
Gaaaaaah. How can they do that to us?!

Now we play the waiting game.

I'd love to start reading the manga. I just wish I had the money to buy them all. Seeing as Ren is still alive, does that mean Nana is still alive? I mean, throughout the entire series I thought that the way Hachi spoke in the narrations gave off a very bad vibe. She always spoke in past tense, and her tone was so empty. "Hey, Nana..." being the last line is a sure fire way to make us read the manga. Damn marketing business.

I give the series an overall 9/10 because of the questionable ending. Otherwise, I loved every part of it! ^-^
Jan 10, 2009 11:07 AM

Sep 2008
What a confusing ending >.< It made no sense...so many questions!
I wonder if they're still planning on a second season. I hope they are. I guess it's time for me to read the manga!
Other than the horribly confusing ending, I absolutely loved it.
10/10 from me & more than likely some placing (not sure where yet) on my top 10 <3
Jan 10, 2009 1:48 PM

Nov 2008
I got Nana-addicted! Kagi-sama, Buddha, Demon Lord! Please! Give us the 2nd season!!!

Credits for the av go to whispering-eden.livejournal.com =)
I used to be Dolce_Vitka here, but Vitka_Lynx is my nickname at alost all other sites, so I decided to take it here, too ^___^
Jan 23, 2009 9:13 AM
Jan 2009
Hi everyone, I'm new at this forum and I just finished watching NANA.

I really liked it but it made me really sad. I really wished that hachi would end up with Nobu. For me, the time she spent with him was when she was really happy. Nobu and Ren are the greatest guys in the Anime.
I was wondering, we are in 2009 already and i can't find anything about Nana's second season.
Is there going to be a second season?
I am desperate to find out if hachi will stay with Nobu and what is going to happen to hachi and Nana. Their friendship are so special.
So, does anybody know about the second season?
Jan 23, 2009 11:26 AM

Sep 2008
Ally-chan said:

I really liked it but it made me really sad. I really wished that hachi would end up with Nobu. For me, the time she spent with him was when she was really happy. Nobu and Ren are the greatest guys in the Anime.
I was wondering, we are in 2009 already and i can't find anything about Nana's second season.
I am desperate to find out if hachi will stay with Nobu and what is going to happen to hachi and Nana. Their friendship are so special.

Second season won't start or go into production until the manga is finished, and the manga is still on going I think it's at 80 chapters now? so hopefully maybe they will end around 90 or 100, I hope so cause I wanna see the second season soon.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Jan 23, 2009 11:59 AM

Nov 2008
Jigero said:
Ally-chan said:

Second season won't start or go into production until the manga is finished, and the manga is still on going I think it's at 80 chapters now? so hopefully maybe they will end around 90 or 100, I hope so cause I wanna see the second season soon.

Yes, it's 80 chapters so far. But I still don't know, how long it's to the end of the story, I'm at chapter 60 right now.

Credits for the av go to whispering-eden.livejournal.com =)
I used to be Dolce_Vitka here, but Vitka_Lynx is my nickname at alost all other sites, so I decided to take it here, too ^___^
Jan 23, 2009 2:08 PM

Sep 2008
Dolce_Vitka said:
Jigero said:
Ally-chan said:

Yes, it's 80 chapters so far. But I still don't know, how long it's to the end of the story, I'm at chapter 60 right now.

Do u know what chapter starts after the series ended? I would like to read it I just don't wanna start from the beginning, I wanna read from where the Anime ended
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Jan 23, 2009 4:26 PM
Jan 2009
Jigero said:
Dolce_Vitka said:
Jigero said:
Ally-chan said:

Do u know what chapter starts after the series ended? I would like to read it I just don't wanna start from the beginning, I wanna read from where the Anime ended

Thanks everyone for the replies!!
It's just that I'm really sad right now. I hate Takumi and I think he doesn't deserve her.
In my point of view, it she had stayed with Nobu, she would be very happy and he would help her to grow up a little.
Now that I finished the Anime, i still think that the one Hachi really loves is Nobu.
I thought the end of the Anime was very unffair.
Those are the reasons for my impatience to see the second season.
I will finish the Manga and continue to wait for the second season.
Jigero, I think the anime ended on Chapter 42 of the Manga. Therefore, I think you can start reading the Chapter 43 =)
=^.~=
Jan 23, 2009 6:59 PM

Sep 2008
Ally-chan said:
Jigero said:
Dolce_Vitka said:
Jigero said:
Ally-chan said:

Thanks everyone for the replies!!
It's just that I'm really sad right now. I hate Takumi and I think he doesn't deserve her.
In my point of view, it she had stayed with Nobu, she would be very happy and he would help her to grow up a little.
Now that I finished the Anime, i still think that the one Hachi really loves is Nobu.
I thought the end of the Anime was very unffair.
Those are the reasons for my impatience to see the second season.
I will finish the Manga and continue to wait for the second season.
Jigero, I think the anime ended on Chapter 42 of the Manga. Therefore, I think you can start reading the Chapter 43 =)
=^.~=

Thanks a ton
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » NANA Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - May 19, 2008

98 by _Geko_ »»
Apr 9, 4:10 PM

Poll: » NANA Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Psylocybek - Aug 5, 2008

84 by mo_lave »»
Apr 8, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Nana Episode 32 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Koito91 - Jun 17, 2023

92 by sailorneptunelvr »»
Apr 7, 2:43 PM

Poll: » NANA Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Teddy - Aug 5, 2008

81 by _Geko_ »»
Apr 6, 11:32 PM

Poll: » NANA Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - May 18, 2008

71 by _Geko_ »»
Apr 6, 10:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.