Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Jun 16, 2022 10:37 AM
Nov 2018
46 eps was really good, one of the best ive ever seen, but the last episode i couldn't get it at all, could someone explain it?
Aug 14, 2022 3:46 AM
Apr 2021
Hm, the ending is really open but no wonder since the story is still on hiatus. Honestly, I am not the biggest fan of open endings but this one goes well together with the overall theme of the story. Life is unpredictable and one never knows where will it lead you.

That being said Nobu was the MVP this episode. He let Hachi go, which was the right choice atm. Since there are quite a lot of unadapted chapters, I am gonna go read the manga now. Probably more heartbreak ahead. This anime is 9/10 for me.
Aug 14, 2022 6:49 PM
Jul 2021
i loved it really i just felt so unsatisfied i wanted it to continue there were so many unfinished animated plotlines
Aug 31, 2022 5:44 PM
Jul 2022
words can not describe how perfect this feels.
Sep 17, 2022 6:42 AM

Apr 2022
Why didn't nobu open the door :(((
“I won’t rely on anyone anymore. I don’t care if no one understands.” – Homura Akemi
Sep 17, 2022 11:43 AM
Sep 2022
Usapz said:
Why didn't nobu open the door :(((

i know right! :((((💔
Oct 5, 2022 6:52 PM

Jul 2016
Nobuoooooo..... God, you really were a great guy.
The ending made me cry especially because of him.
Nobu gave up his own happiness so that Hachi could have hers, whatever that was, but at the time skip it felt like he still had feelings for her.
I just hope he found his own happiness, he deserves it so much. Shin too btw.
Oct 17, 2022 8:50 AM
Dec 2020
I love the art style
Nov 6, 2022 3:49 PM

May 2009
I watched this for the first time 13 years ago, second time was in 2014 and 2022 marked my third rewatch. It really hits different once you're an adult and close to hitting 30. One of my all time faves. I didn't want to read the manga for a VERY long time because I was sure I wouldn't be able to handle the fact it hasn't been updated since 2009, but I finally gave in after a literal decade. Best and worst decision I've made, I basically cried the whole day and felt drained, empty and sad. Truly peak fiction 💖 The anime adaptation is perfection, probably the best I've ever seen! I SO wish this would get a second season to relive the pain and trauma in animated form even if it'll stop at a cliffhanger. Madhouse pls 🙏
Nov 10, 2022 2:18 PM
Jun 2022
the anime was good i liked the op and ed more but wth is going on where is the season season 😭😭😭😭
Nov 13, 2022 6:34 PM
Aug 2022
ok im a bit confused with this ending but one thing i can say for sure: nana is a masterpiece!

everybody should watch nana. I had a really different point of view abt life before watching nana, but now, i see things completely different. One thing that really caught my attention was how much the characters were real, like, they could be real people existing rn because they're so relatable! i cant count how many times i related to yasu, nana, even hachi i did relate. and this is the best part of the show, seeing that even being ficcional characters, they are real. they make mistakes, try to correct them, or run, hide from them... like everyone does irl. that's the best thing from nana i guess.

also we can all agree that takumi should disappear. i hate him sm. i wonder how things would've gone if he didnt got hachi pregnant.

for now is all i have to say, i guess. i think i'll read the manga to see how things will proceed after this "ending", and i cant wait to see how nana is going. def she's a character that really grown up through the show, and i wanna her and all the black stone members to achieve a sucessfull life (are they still togheter??? the ending left so many things on open D: )
Nov 24, 2022 8:44 AM

Apr 2016
That was bittersweet, Nana calling out Nobuo was done at such an awful timing but she was right he loves his damsel in distress until he had to handle the distress and it some way thats why they became friends in the first place so that moment was charged with more than the [i]"Nobuo, you should get Hachi back!"[I] sentiment that Nana have initially started, their friendship sure took a hit that night.

Hachi and Nobuo, two hopelessly romantic that got a heartbreaking scene highlighting they are far from getting a closure and in the present day is basically on the surface but not verbalized.

Satsuki was so cute

The Nanas getting to talk again was sweet.

Loved this show, I think this "ending" is fitting knowing Yazawa might not be able to give a final chapter to the manga.
Dec 21, 2022 4:34 AM

Apr 2020
I watched it a long time ago in an anime dedicated channel on TV and didn't care about it because I thought it was too girly when I was young.
Years later here I am giving it a chance and actually liking it. 8/10
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Jan 3, 2023 12:38 AM
May 2021
this whole series is just amazing. Somehow it's absurdly realistic-ish. I love the characters and how surprizingly refreshing it was as a love story. But if you want to watch this I suggest you get the manga ready too because the answers to the ending are only in the manga.
Jan 18, 2023 3:27 AM
Nov 2021
what was this ending
Feb 18, 2023 3:18 AM
Jul 2022
istediğim gibi bitmedi
Mar 9, 2023 9:35 PM

Mar 2021
I watched Nana for the first time nearly two years ago. Today, I completed my first rewatch. I can say that even after two years and over 100 anime watched between now and then, Nana still feels just as special as it did the first time. Nana has a certain charm not found in other shows. I did not continue onward to the manga the first time; but this time I might! I'll just have to wait and see...

Zant-sama said:
Ahh... I am so sad that the anime ended at that point :( Hoping for a season 2 despite the long hiatus! <3

Still holds true.
Mar 15, 2023 11:27 PM
Jun 2020
I am in pain and Idk what to do with this ending. Atleast there are some things they cleared up about the future but I'll be reading the manga anyway despite the long hiatus. 
I can't get enough. I'm glad I waited till I was mentally ready before actually watching this series. It hits and hurts so badddd.
Mar 24, 2023 8:10 AM
Oct 2017
Nana is a great anime a real rollercoaster of emotions. It's one of those must watch. My only real criticism is the ending. It just ends in the most open ended way. Can't say that aspect of it was satisfying. Dose the manga take the story further? Is there more?
Apr 3, 2023 1:17 PM
Apr 2023
hiii can someone please let me know after episode 47 in the anime, which chapter of the manga should i read?
Apr 5, 2023 5:35 AM

Dec 2020
what a weird way to end the anime...i guess ill continue in the manga now but damn i really cant stand any of the characters at this point
Apr 8, 2023 8:49 AM
Nov 2021
wait so what happened to nana 😭
Apr 10, 2023 3:07 PM
Oct 2017
It has been almost 20 years since this story came out, and if there wasn't a season 2, and there wasn't a new part or anything, I think it is safely to  say something, Nana is dead, both Nobu and Hachi were talking in the bathroom and the "I'm alright now" of Nana means she is trying to say she passed the period of grief, if nana was away but hiding she would be a lot more stressed out and looking for an answer. I think the point the relationship of Nobu and Hachi was so bad it was really irreparable, and the only reason she are now back as friends its because they don't want to forget Nana or forget the message she left them out, their friendship is a reminder of the time they spent with he, the clothes in her bed are symbolic, the apartment they kept is symbolic, both Yazu and Nobu haven't seen each other in months because there is no more blast, and why is there no blast? Because there is no Nana.

It is clear that after Takumi decided to no marri Hachi, things went down the drain, and the worst thing happened, but the story found it would be better to now show any of that due to how difficult it would be do deal with it after getting attached all the characters, and decided it is better show how they are dealing with the consequences and healing from the pain little by little. Nana said she had medication and she had problems, probably anti depressants of some sort, and the panic attacks of the last episodes point out to his increasingly worsening condition, Hachi said she would wait even decades, but I think she is referring to the fact she is waiting for her life to be over to finally be back with her in heaven, it would make no sense for Nana to be alive, so I'm sorry, but I have to say it is only wishful thinking.

There are no right answers regarding our feelings, but we have to deal with the consequences we chose, and not every story has a happy ending.

I'm sorry Nana, we will always remember you.
Apr 10, 2023 3:46 PM
Oct 2017
nanarose said:
Wow I didn't know there was going to be a second season!! I can't wait! :)

I assume the black hair of Satsuki meant she was Takumi's child.
Holy shit this people have been waiting for 16 years, these poor souls....

Okay I did read a bit and basically the anime was not marked as finished, but as on Hiatus due to a sickness from the original author, so there is a possibility that Nana is alive and not dead, but the grief, the band, all that... I don't know, it feels worse that not knowing if she is dead or not, if she was dead, we would have entered the period of grief, instead we are waiting for Nana to return which it might never happen, I don't know, to me it feels this author wanted to finish the manga in a sad note but since an editorial wouldn't accept such a thing, she left it as in on hiatus, I am serious when I say it doesn't feel like she went into hiding, even sickness and everything aside, the message is clear, Nana committed suicide and if this series ever continues, it would be with that fact being revealed to the public, in an After Story type of deal.
PhixiatelyApr 10, 2023 3:55 PM
Apr 10, 2023 4:54 PM
Oct 2017
On second thought, it seems the manga is on hiatus, but there are at least half of chapters left to adapt.

I don't know what to do next, I have to pick my poison.
May 6, 2023 12:00 AM

Mar 2014
man i'm so angry. like i'm sorry but this outcome is just... nonsensical? the whole point of her settling for takumi was to be financially supported, right? and then these guys hit it big, and even nana o makes the connection in her head that like yeah, she could in theory financially support nana k now. so obviously nobu could too. so what is the reason for him not seeing her again at that time? so that she can be happy with takumi? what's the point in ensuring that when you have money now like?? where does the problem lie????? 
'impossible situation' my arse
May 15, 2023 8:43 AM
May 2023
CRYING and sobbing
Jul 4, 2023 9:48 AM
Aug 2021
i really liked this anime i enojed every last bit of this
Aug 18, 2023 1:56 PM
Jul 2023
for people wondering:
the manga continues the story, episode 47 is chapter 42 so with 43 it continues.
there are 88 chapters. i am currently continuing and i will try to reply again for anyone just wanting to know the very end.
Nov 14, 2023 10:02 AM
Apr 2020
It was a great ride shame it ended the way it did
Dec 31, 2023 7:33 PM

May 2019
so that's it? what happened to nana??

Jan 4, 4:17 PM
Dec 2023
Very recomendable
Feb 23, 4:08 PM
Oct 2022
I loved it very much
Feb 28, 2:22 AM
Jul 2022
cured then gave me depression
Mar 3, 11:45 AM

Sep 2015
total cliffhanger.
i know it supposedly continues in the manga but wow it seemed very rushed. no closure whatsoever. just skips to the future. no nana, no takumi, they are in apt 707 without them? makes no sense.
hachi is wearing both a wedding ring and an engagement ring so seemingly she is still married?
maybe ill read the manga...they should seriously do a follow up anime of this to really finalize it ...i did adore nana and hachis relationship though. i wish it lasted longer than 6 months. hopefully they reunite one day.

this is such a critically acclaimed anime but i enjoyed paradise kiss much more.

talk me down
safe & sound
too strung up
to sleep
⋯⋯ ⋯⋯
overground,
watch this space
i'm open to
falling from grace

Mar 5, 1:19 PM
Oct 2017
fryfubg;sdfvhuvrwghiu;qv t34pfgiu;fvegwku.
Mar 28, 5:00 PM
Apr 2023
un tres bon annime
Apr 8, 5:52 PM
Jun 2023
I think that i series that was good episode 1 to episode 46 deserved a better ending, i know that the manga is on hold forever now, but could at least show old Nana for god sake
Apr 20, 5:14 PM
Oct 2014
Paradise Kiss, now this. Too real.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

Poll: » NANA Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

jacobpaige - Mar 23, 2008

101 by nelsonnnn »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » NANA Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - May 13, 2008

74 by nelsonnnn »»
Yesterday, 7:55 PM

Poll: » NANA Episode 8 Discussion

Vitka_Lynx - Jan 4, 2009

47 by nelsonnnn »»
Yesterday, 7:54 PM

Poll: » NANA Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

57 by nelsonnnn »»
Yesterday, 7:52 PM

Poll: » NANA Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

78 by nelsonnnn »»
Yesterday, 7:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.