Forum Settings
Forums

CLAMP to Resume Gohou Drug Manga in Young Ace

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 6, 2011 10:19 PM

Mar 2008
I haven' t read anything from clamp in a long time so, good to them :)

bah...whatever, why do people really cares about genres anyway? it made me LOL >xD

Aug 7, 2011 3:09 AM
Jul 2008
Redlinks said:
Nachotee said:
Redlinks said:
Guys, it's not yaoi or shounen ai, it's BL. Shounen-ai is an outdated term that now refers to pedophelia as shounen means young boy.

Terms do not mean what You want them to mean. They mean what people consensually make them mean. Guess what? Most people here in this topic seem to have the same definition. Yaoi = shounen-ai = BL = gay. I'm not saying this in a pejorative way mkay? It's just objectively gay, I don't like it, but some people do, so well, good for them.

Anyway, even without messing with what's the definition of the word, words express meaning, if you can get the meaning, it doesn't matter if the word is slightly incorrect. That's why people say "This anime is shit!" while in reality the anime is not really excrement.

Well perhaps you should take a gander at this, http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=shounen%20ai. It's not just on Urban Dictionary, it's everywhere. I didn't just make this up just to piss people off. There's nothing wrong with correcting somebody at all. You can either take in the new information or leave it mkay?

Context my fellow, context. I don't give a shit if the MC fucks a 3 year old boy or his granpa, yaoi is yaoi.
Aug 7, 2011 4:05 AM

Sep 2009
I want X!!!
Aug 7, 2011 4:36 AM
Mar 2009
thats good news~

they should seriously continue X... T.T
Aug 7, 2011 8:26 AM
Sep 2007
Nachotee said:
Redlinks said:
Nachotee said:
Redlinks said:
Guys, it's not yaoi or shounen ai, it's BL. Shounen-ai is an outdated term that now refers to pedophelia as shounen means young boy.

Terms do not mean what You want them to mean. They mean what people consensually make them mean. Guess what? Most people here in this topic seem to have the same definition. Yaoi = shounen-ai = BL = gay. I'm not saying this in a pejorative way mkay? It's just objectively gay, I don't like it, but some people do, so well, good for them.

Anyway, even without messing with what's the definition of the word, words express meaning, if you can get the meaning, it doesn't matter if the word is slightly incorrect. That's why people say "This anime is shit!" while in reality the anime is not really excrement.

Well perhaps you should take a gander at this, http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=shounen%20ai. It's not just on Urban Dictionary, it's everywhere. I didn't just make this up just to piss people off. There's nothing wrong with correcting somebody at all. You can either take in the new information or leave it mkay?

Context my fellow, context. I don't give a shit if the MC fucks a 3 year old boy or his granpa, yaoi is yaoi.

Well then, you're a very sad and sick little person if you think that way. Meh, whatever. I have nothing more to do with you and don't really give a fuck what you have to say. Sayonara yah jerk.
Aug 7, 2011 9:32 AM

Nov 2009
that's really good news !
i'm loooking forward to new chapters :).
Aug 7, 2011 11:52 AM

Jun 2007
Awesome! finally some good news!
Aug 7, 2011 4:26 PM

Jun 2008
finally finally :D missed kazahaya alot !!
Aug 7, 2011 5:07 PM

Dec 2008
Lol to hell with this, where's X/1999. xDD
Aug 7, 2011 6:13 PM
Oct 2009
This is great news! I've been meaning to read this series, and to hear that it's going to resume after such a long time is very good.
Aug 7, 2011 8:15 PM
Jul 2011
This just made my day
Aug 7, 2011 9:14 PM

Aug 2010
OH YEA!!!! >_<
8 years, good grief! Certainly, took long enough! I've been waiting for TRC , xxxholic to end, and then waited some more for kobato to end...finally for this series to resume. I'm hoping the essence of Gouhou drug won't change too much due to the switch to a different magazine, and loss of momentum. But if it does, I hope it's for the better. Clamp, starting with this, you will redeem yourself if you continue to pick up those you left behind: Clover & X!
Aug 7, 2011 10:43 PM

Jun 2011
This is great news! I thought it was off to a great start, and I was disappointed when it went on hiatus.

But just so you know - Gohou Drug isn't yaoi (which is always explicitly sexual, and typically more about the sex than the romance), and I have doubts as to whether it could really qualify as BL (which has the romantic relationship between two men and the ensuing drama as the focus). It does include elements of it, with the suggestion of a romantic/sexual relationship between two of the supporting characters, but it remains to be seen how the plot and relationship between the main characters will develop.
Aug 8, 2011 12:37 AM

Nov 2007
D;?!?!??! SERIOUSLY?!?! I've been waiting for YEARS for them to finally pick up this series again!! ^^

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D (not really but...xD)

*Needs ta go celebrate*
Aug 8, 2011 7:15 AM

Oct 2008
I agree that they should finish X first...
Aug 8, 2011 8:21 AM

Nov 2008
don't really care about this manga
Aug 8, 2011 9:18 AM

Aug 2008
Well I'm happy they're finally aiming to actually fulfil a promise they made a few years ago... Someday finish the series we have on a hiatus.... I guess Gohou Drug is way easier to develop and finish that the good ol' X or even Clover.... X is really messed up and they really need to use their brains to give it a proper ending....

But this could mean to be a prologue for what's to come! Maybe just right after ending Gohou Drug they maybe continue with X in the same magazine since X suits the feel of the magazine....

By the way.. i understand why people are so excited for just one of the genres.... It does have some BL elements but Gohou Drug has never been a raging obvious hardcore yaoi, imo it has been a really mellow and mysterious drama between two guys... Of course chief has an publicly gay relationship with another guy that's even more mysterious than anyone else, but really we've never seen a sex scene on it to just dub it as yaoi... is more like shounen-ai aka BL.... Oh.... btw for those who didn't know, as far as I know and I'm concerned, CLAMP started as a circle of doujin-kas that wrote lot of yaoi pieces.... so don't be so surprised of all the guy-guy couples that overflow in CLAMP mangas.... Gohou Drug is one, in this deparment of BL, that stand out more than any other manga

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2011 3:34 PM

Sep 2008
Whaaaa?! Couldn't have pulled that result outta a hat, but I'll take it...
Aug 8, 2011 4:15 PM

May 2010
I"M HAPPY xDD

CLAMP always gives hint of shounen-ai and shoujo-ai here and there, it's take it or not. Even Cardcaptor Sakura has them, duh. Series with real shounen-ai are Tokyo Babylon and X (since Tokyo Babylon characters are included) only, I think.
Aug 8, 2011 6:53 PM

Jun 2011
petalshreds said:
CLAMP always gives hint of shounen-ai and shoujo-ai here and there, it's take it or not. Even Cardcaptor Sakura has them, duh. Series with real shounen-ai are Tokyo Babylon and X (since Tokyo Babylon characters are included) only, I think.

Cardcaptor Sakura has Touya and Yukito, which is basically canon. Yukito openly confesses that he is in love with Touya to Sakura. Touya's ex-girlfriend, a priestess, also told Touya that when they met again, they would both be in love with different people. That person for her is Eriol, and it is very clearly implied that that person for Touya is Yukito. Also, their actions and words towards each other suggest an interest beyond friendship, and I believe that it is implied by the end of the series that Touya has accepted and reciprocated Yukito's feelings. They're as canon as Seishirou and Subaru. :)
Aug 9, 2011 1:02 AM

Jan 2010
Ugh, I need to stop reading forum threads on MAL regarding slashy stuff. There's basically three groups of people here; those excited, those raging because it's not girl/girl, and those pricks who simply cannot say that they don't like it without adding lots of homophobic bullshit.
Aug 9, 2011 3:06 AM
May 2011
I'm not very excited since I was left disappointed with TRC and XHolic. I was hoping they would pick up the X manga too. Clamp's art improved so much over the years but for some reason, their storyline starting to slack off.
Aug 10, 2011 12:39 PM

Apr 2008
*facepalm*

Somehow I'm not surprised people are throwing a hissy fit over the BL aspects. It's Clamp people...they've been doing this since forever and a half. You really should know better...
Aug 10, 2011 2:44 PM

Jun 2011
Melode said:
I'm not very excited since I was left disappointed with TRC and XHolic. I was hoping they would pick up the X manga too. Clamp's art improved so much over the years but for some reason, their storyline starting to slack off.

Unfortunately, this is very true. I've continued to follow their works because I love their artwork, and it has been an inspiration to me for so long. However, the storylines of Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle and xxxHolic were very disappointing to me, as well. They both had the potential to be great, but both endings were very sloppy, in my opinion. I hope that this will not continue to be a trend in their future works, because some of their previous stories have been very enjoyable.
Aug 22, 2011 1:01 PM
Aug 2011
I read time ago this would be like 6 volumes or 5 DX so I hope they finish this one and take X or Clover soon °3°
Sep 2, 2011 9:26 AM

Oct 2010
I wonder f they will use the same srt stile as before????

cause their recent Mangas have a differtent stile ^^
anyways, i think it's good that they continue (even if clamp isn't what I'd call "awesome" in regards to ending their stories...)
I hope they will actually update, and not put it on hiatus again...
Sep 2, 2011 1:55 PM

Oct 2009
Are my eyes decieving me?!
HELL YES. I've been waiting so long for this.

I'll have to re-read my volumes~!
Oct 31, 2011 6:27 AM

Nov 2010
Only a few more days until it resumes!

celestialocean said:
Melode said:

Unfortunately, this is very true. I've continued to follow their works because I love their artwork, and it has been an inspiration to me for so long. However, the storylines of Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle and xxxHolic were very disappointing to me, as well. They both had the potential to be great, but both endings were very sloppy, in my opinion. I hope that this will not continue to be a trend in their future works, because some of their previous stories have been very enjoyable.

Considering that Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles is what turned me into a CLAMP addict, I have to disagree vehemently. TRC has the most epic storyline of any work of fiction I've ever read.

Also, straight male here, and all I can say is Legal Drug is an excellent shounen-ai series and is not yaoi. Stop being homophobes, people. There is nothing wrong with a gay romance. I just have to worry that CLAMP will have to censor out the shounen-ai in a seinen magazine...

And there is no way in heck CLAMP can resume X anytime soon after the recent tsunami. It apparently got put on hiatus because the earthquakes and tsunamis in X were eerily similar to real life, and yeah. That stumbling block has just gotten worse.
Oct 4, 2012 12:28 PM

Oct 2012
Well, can't say I'm a massive fan of Legal Drug (though I do love shonen-ai and yaoi whatever...). I'm just not a big fan of this manga. Still, it's not bad. I'd give it a 6 out of 10.

But I want to read Drug and Drop anyways.

But Clamp....Come on...

FINISH X! It's your masterpiece! Don't leave us hanging forever!!
Oct 4, 2012 12:29 PM

Oct 2012
Hethran said:
Only a few more days until it resumes!

celestialocean said:
Melode said:

Considering that Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles is what turned me into a CLAMP addict, I have to disagree vehemently. TRC has the most epic storyline of any work of fiction I've ever read.

Also, straight male here, and all I can say is Legal Drug is an excellent shounen-ai series and is not yaoi. Stop being homophobes, people. There is nothing wrong with a gay romance. I just have to worry that CLAMP will have to censor out the shounen-ai in a seinen magazine...

And there is no way in heck CLAMP can resume X anytime soon after the recent tsunami. It apparently got put on hiatus because the earthquakes and tsunamis in X were eerily similar to real life, and yeah. That stumbling block has just gotten worse.

Voice of reason right here.

The way you as a straight male feel about gay romance is the way I feel about shoujo-ai or yuri as a straight girl. If it's well done, I will read it. Don't care about gender.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» 'Black★★Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Feb 11, 2022

11 by nisafitri »»
7 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.