Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 28, 2008 12:50 PM

Oct 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It was a disappointment for me. Throughout the episode, all I could think of was: "I waited two weeks for this?"
Practically everybody died, which is fine by me, as long as Amanda and Joseph remains. Next episode Amanda meets Blue/Joseph. Now that is an episode I'm looking forward to.
Jun 28, 2008 8:58 PM
Apr 2008
I was hoping for some survivors, and now it looks like only 2 remain. Why do they have to kill off Hermann as well?
Jun 29, 2008 12:22 AM

Jun 2007
darkxdestiny said:
I was hoping for some survivors, and now it looks like only 2 remain. Why do they have to kill off Hermann as well?

Looks like Dr. Lady is gonna turn Hermann into a monster. She was seen right by the crash. I wouldn't be surprised if he came back.

This episode was good, however I was really hopping Lene and Brad would at least make it out alive. For some reason I was really looking forward to them hooking up or sharing a kiss or hug, o well.

Someone made a comment in the last thread saying they look forward to a love connection between Amanda and Joseph but in all honestly, I hope there isn't one or any love involved in this anime. It should stay exactly like it has been. Toy with us, make us think someone is the main character or about to hook up and then kill them off or do something dramatic to change our perspective in a blink of an eye. None of this "love cures all evil" crap or "a human and a monster can be happy together" crap.

Just my 2 cents.
Jun 29, 2008 6:16 AM
Apr 2008
At least the true main character (Joseph) isn't going to be KIA until possibly after the show ends.
Jun 29, 2008 6:28 AM

Oct 2007
darkxdestiny said:
At least the true main character (Joseph) isn't going to be KIA until possibly after the show ends.

No, I have a feeling he'll die after a few episodes have passed. Maybe in episode 15-18?

Now Malek is somebody I want dead, he's a nuisance.
Jun 29, 2008 6:40 AM
Apr 2008
HannahKri said:
No, I have a feeling he'll die after a few episodes have passed. Maybe in episode 15-18?

Now Malek is somebody I want dead, he's a nuisance.

I don't quite agree to that point. We can't have someone else fighting the true villian. The main hero of the story always have certain relations to the true villian, isn't it. If he's killed, end of story. The world is the Amalgams.

BTW, isn't this conversation isolated to just the 3 of us? What happen to the usual commotion seen in past episode discussions?
Jun 29, 2008 10:23 AM

Jan 2008
The least capable person from XAT survived, meh. Looks like next one will be flashback episode. Should clear some things up. As for this episode : 7/10 .

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Jun 29, 2008 11:12 AM

Feb 2008
A pretty gruesome episode. Lene didn't last long...
Jun 29, 2008 11:48 AM

Mar 2008
Hermann is dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How can this be? How all this crap happen at one point. This looks exactly like resident evil! That bitch Beatrice should be killed but when she is a Demonix she looks like Queen Bee from Darkstalkers (Anyone agreed with this if familiar????). There are actual sex scenes too O_o (looks more than echiness). Since is a anime the fiction is good but in real life this insults many religious beliefs seriously then again I study religion so I know but you guys might not. At least it is more fiction than anything but damn this is a first with religion, mecha, echi to the brine and gore not mention topics like suicide. Welcome to something monstrous of a anime. One last thing...you guys think this may equal to Monster in seriousness?????
Jun 29, 2008 11:50 AM

Mar 2008
BY the way I hate it because Hermann and Amanda should have stayed through the whole anime. On top of that I though that Malek's assistance would have been amazing as support considering he attained Demonix mutation.
Jun 29, 2008 4:03 PM

Mar 2008
well i did like the epsidoe, 8/10
a lot of things, deaths, some very nice emotions came to pass

kinda sux Herman is dead...kinda wanted him to live (unless he comes back as an amalgam the type of Joseph, meaning the 'sane' ones)

well next episode looks like a little breather and some good background sory on what triggered the whole amalgam stuff

MAL list updates
Jun 30, 2008 12:21 PM

Nov 2007
Now that's good.. cleared up the unnecessary characters in the story.. unto the main event i guess.. now the main characters are clearly revealed..

hey, herman as a sane amalgam?! omg.. joseph and him wil just end up fighting each other.. but that's cool..

oooh.. yea.. the least capable person in the team survived :lol:

Jun 30, 2008 4:52 PM
Apr 2008
darkside099 said:
BY the way I hate it because Hermann and Amanda should have stayed through the whole anime. On top of that I though that Malek's assistance would have been amazing as support considering he attained Demonix mutation.

Have the same thoughts as you when I saw the video. I too thought they both would survive until that explosion that was caused by some new flying machine in which Mei Feng was in board.
Jun 30, 2008 7:37 PM

Jun 2007
HERMAN!!!!!! MY HOTTIEEEEE!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
GIVE MY HERMANN BACK!!!
DAMNIT!

They better make Herman a sane Amalgam! THEY BETTER! AGH! SO ANGRY!
magentaanbuJun 30, 2008 7:41 PM

Jul 4, 2008 2:47 AM
Jul 2018
it was good! honestly xD
it did disappoint me tho... they all died!?! wtf >< but i hav to admit i did cry =P
one more thing... they kick-ass even on the brink of death!!!!! xD
Jul 5, 2008 11:51 PM

Jun 2007
Killing off Herman was a no go. It was kind of disappointing. I can't like the anime if everytime i start liking sumone, he dies a couple of episodes later. This is like....so irritating. Hope he gets a revival. Somehow somewhere.
Jul 8, 2008 7:17 AM

Aug 2007
Just a meh episode. It's only a half of series and they already killed almost EVERYONE. When I saw Beatrice's true form I lol'd. It's just those Amalgrams look funny to me X3

Jul 17, 2008 6:06 PM

Sep 2007
I really liked this episode. i didn't mind everybody dieing except for Bradley & Lutz who I liked. Well also possibly Herman too but I don't think he is dead for good. Something about Beatrice being near the crash makes me think otherwise... but that may be me just hoping. For all his annoying traits I liked him. Oh well at Amanda lived.
Firefox265Jul 17, 2008 6:16 PM
Dec 28, 2008 9:13 PM

Jul 2008
It feels like the end of Act I or something. :/

BEGINNER
Jan 4, 2009 9:02 PM
Mar 2008
Everyone's dead lol, just when I got used to the characters. Brad, Al, and Lene were awesome. At least Amanda's hotness goes on.
Feb 18, 2009 10:08 AM

Jan 2008
woow I cried a lot gosh XDD this ep was epic and I still can't blv how many Chara died in less then 20 min ? XDD but I really enjoyed watching this ep but too bad everyone died T__T and that baka Wolf ~
May 30, 2009 3:22 PM

Jul 2008
This episode was...out of the ordinary for normal anime series for sure, but it somehow did not surprise me in Blassreiter. They seem to enjoy killing off almost all characters aside from the main characters...and a lot of them I liked seeing too; sigh. ._.;

But what Lene said, "...return the bullet to me" really made this episode good for me! Their relationship wasnt anything special compared to others, but that line was amazing in my opinion.
Bleed for me.

Aug 8, 2009 5:04 PM

Aug 2008
Don't pick any favorite characters, they'll just die lol.Yeah, feels like they just reset everything and a new plot is unfolding.
Aug 14, 2009 9:53 AM
Apr 2009
Amazing episode. The show has come a long way from the first episode which was pretty bad.
Sep 26, 2009 2:16 PM

Aug 2008
Omg what a sad episode. Just about everyone died. Brad & Al died...at least they held to the bitter end but SO sad. And Lene's "Return the bullet to me please".

And Herman!!! I thought/wanted him to live!! And be with Amanda (Or just fight beside her).

The comradery in this episode was amazing. I feel so bad for Herman.

This whole episode made me want to cry :(.
Jan 30, 2010 10:50 PM

Nov 2008
Hermann, Lene, Brad, Al... They all died!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >_< (i hope Wolf is dead, too... that would compensate it all.)

This ep had the best script of all, especially the bullet scene.

Taggu said:
Don't pick any favorite characters, they'll just die lol..

LOL x 100000000
Mar 7, 2010 6:31 AM

Dec 2008
Herrmannn!!!

at some points this episode felt like a zombie movie,some scenes were quite shocking in terms of violence
now most of the charcters are dead how do they want to make 12 more episodes XD

Mei Fang you traitor
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 20, 2010 11:41 AM
Apr 2010
lol dam 95% of the cast died...O_o
I wonder if we'll ge new faces from the place mei is from.
Sent with Mal Updater
Oct 10, 2010 4:39 PM

Mar 2010
the story is starting to make sense and the main plot or so to say the main story that is suppose to unravel should start soon enough

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 4, 2010 7:01 PM
Jan 2010
Wow this was an awesome episode. It's rare to see an anime episode like this. I was sad to see all these characters die. I thought this show was pretty mediocre up until this point, but now things have really begun.
Jan 10, 2011 2:50 PM

Dec 2010
Awesome episode, also i don't think Hermann is dead, with the way this show has been going i don't think its too far off to say that seeing Beatrice by the crash site is more than coincidence. It sucks that Brad,Al and Lene died but at least with the way they died it was acceptable... because in my opinion it would have been way worse if they became like Wolf(i can't wait till that guy dies :/)at least they died with some sense of honor, also that "return the bullet to me" line was a nice touch. Its gonna be interesting to see more of Joseph's past.
Jan 20, 2011 6:25 PM

Dec 2008
I was a crying mess during this episode. Watching the guys come to grips with having to die; Brad having to kill Lene, and then Brad and Al being killed by Wolf. And then to top it all off, Hermann dies in a helicopter crash. However, I have a feeling Beatrice is going to to pull Hermann's body out of the rubble.

"Return the bullet to me, please..." *cries*
Hannah_AnaJan 20, 2011 6:29 PM
Jun 28, 2013 9:56 AM

May 2012
It's getting rather chaotic... totally not the anime I was searching for.
Aug 24, 2014 9:26 PM

Aug 2013
Yes.. in the end Joseph and Amanda are the main attraction here.
Brad, Al and Lene was so awesome and epic.. their deaths were so touching. :'(
XAT went into instant K.O. but can't be sure about Hermann yet. Well I don't like him anyway.
I want to see more development between Joseph and Amanda.
A new chapter unfolds.
Dec 26, 2014 9:19 AM

Jul 2014
What you expected from Urobutcher, he really like killing most of the characters lol.
Still, I don't want Al and Brad to be dead...they're badass as ever. I don't think Hermann die so easily, though. He could be back sometime later.
"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous"

PROJECT-ERASER

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blassreiter Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kuemauricebackup - Sep 27, 2008

80 by Inexplicable »»
Mar 28, 2023 12:29 PM

Poll: » Blassreiter Episode 5 Discussion

Monkey_D_Luffy - May 3, 2008

26 by skr_123 »»
Dec 19, 2022 9:21 AM

» Any differences between the Light novel and the anime?

kuik - Feb 15, 2022

0 by kuik »»
Feb 15, 2022 4:36 PM

Poll: » Blassreiter Episode 13 Discussion

Carp - Jul 5, 2008

26 by Avichii »»
Sep 17, 2020 5:57 AM

» Blu-Ray?

TheCrunchyUser - May 10, 2020

0 by TheCrunchyUser »»
May 10, 2020 4:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.