Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 5, 2011 9:47 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dalian is freaked out at incomplete series. And the author was the one she killed (in the beginning). His girlfriend was in the prison.

The one who was killed is alive? Now it's the girl who got killed instead. They got trapped!

She got him to force him to write what she wants ("true story", she said). And with magic to revive, she killed them everyday.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 5, 2011 10:47 AM

Oct 2010
tsubasalover said:
Dalian is freaked out at incomplete series. And the author was the one she killed (in the beginning). His girlfriend was in the prison.
And I got freaked by Dalian being like that.

Holy shit episode shit the fans! That was the most amazing yet. Dalian is crazy after all.

After 3 episodes I can say the following (even though I watch RAW in daylight)
Watch this when it's dark! It's way better!
yeah sadly I noticed this after 3 episodes but hey better tell now then ever.
The reason for this is that the anime is dark already so the colors are more vivid in the dark and the atmosphere of the dark melds nicely with the evil/dark atmosphere this series contains. It thus creates a psychological melding to enjoy this series more. Just a IMO.

Well you tell me if there is a difference so far I heard it does around the Shiki forums.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 5, 2011 11:01 AM

Nov 2007
Yumekichi11 said:

Well, it does air during the midnight in Japan (1:30am).
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 5, 2011 11:30 AM

Nov 2008
That lady is yangire in it's purest form, glad to see violence isn't censored much, even the decapitation was there. I'm so glad she got what she deserved, what she did was complete madness.

lol Dalian being mad over incomplete series.

Aug 5, 2011 11:39 AM

Oct 2010
tsubasalover said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Well, it does air during the midnight in Japan (1:30am).
Ah yes but I am talking about in general wherever you are in the world. Ah yes, Dalian is beautiful in every way from my research of her images in the spoiler

she also has this look from her:
http://myanimelist.net/character/17080/Alicia_Melchiott
talking about the hair ornament. Only thing I am with is the key hole ritual that Oosran hates. I too find it repetitive although mesmerizing with its SFX. Her eyes and hair color are orgasmic TBH. Not in a sexual way but appreciative one.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 5, 2011 11:41 AM

Nov 2008
I don't like the keyhole ritual sequence either, too cliche and and not in a good way.

Aug 5, 2011 4:30 PM

Mar 2011
So Lenny Lents and his lover turned into The First Impact and killed Patricia?

Okay, Gainax.
Aug 5, 2011 5:48 PM

Aug 2008
Dark anime is dark. I like it.

However, that whole mutation thing was laughably dumb. Humans, developing mutation to bullet wounds? OK... because that's not the same as insects being sprayed with DDT. Someone obviously doesn't understand evolution.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Aug 5, 2011 5:51 PM
Mar 2011
yeah some of the decisions by Gainax are a little...this isnt a rant about which medium is better, but what Gainax did doesnt make any sense. This isnt Eva... in the novels/manga the monster was much more...grotesque like a inhuman mutant abomination...in the anime, they're like a scifi spiritual being...it just doesnt have that dark feel to it...

and Paula...was much more psychotic looking...she was literally drenched in blood when they first met her, not this victorian desperate housewife wannabe.

and when she was killed...she was one-hit ko flattened...it's like theyre trying to censor it...but I don't know what the regulations are...either way it's not working.
taj69Aug 5, 2011 5:55 PM
Aug 5, 2011 5:52 PM

Sep 2008
A very entertaining episode.
I think the one thing I like Dalian over Victorique is that she has not read every book out there so she indulges herself in more than sweets.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 5, 2011 6:25 PM

Jun 2011
Daaamn. It must suck to be killed everyday by some crazed fan.
Nice episode, dark as usual, and I'm liking Dalian more and more.
Aug 5, 2011 6:52 PM

Jul 2009
Misery anyone?

Really liked this ep; the fujoshi battle made me lol.
wheresthehandleAug 5, 2011 6:56 PM
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Aug 5, 2011 7:37 PM

Jun 2008
OOo waoo interesting episode

the woman was crazyyy

dalian want to finish it work lol XD

poor huey he will be attached to dalian forever jajaja
Life is bittersweet can you live with that?
Aug 5, 2011 7:40 PM

Aug 2010
ED is still creepy.
Aug 5, 2011 8:28 PM

Apr 2011
Don't understand why people are complaining about the keyhole ritual ... Dalian hasn't been "unlocked" in either of the last two episodes. The flower-book ate the bad guys last week, and the two lovers combined to obliterate the crazy stalker bitch (why can't things like this happen to Ringo from Penguindrum?). The villainess reminded me of the madwoman from Misery, even torturing her favorite author when the book he writes doesn't go the way she wants.

Was it just me or was Dalian kinda annoying this episode? She was even bitchier than usual, or so it seemed to me. It could be just getting tired of the loli tsundere archetype.

Still, the mystery of what was going on had me fascinated from the moment they walked into Lenny's room and he was alive and well. I didn't figure out they were alternating between who was alive and who was dead until I actually saw it happen on-screen. That was pretty gruesome, watching her murder the two of them over and over until they busted out a deus ex machina and 'evolved' beyond death.

4/5
Aug 5, 2011 8:42 PM

Aug 2010
So far i find this interesting and as some say "Dark" but I still don't like Dalian (I'm not to fond of tsunderes)
Aug 5, 2011 9:26 PM
Aug 2009
That women with the shotgun is crazy. If I ever had a fan like that, I'd commit suicide.
Aug 5, 2011 9:41 PM

Jul 2011
Yes, Dalian was annoying but it's not really a new thing for her. Pretty tired of the loli tsundere archetype myself. Also throwing out the book was just ignorant.

Despite that I thought the episode was a massive improvement over the last two. Not only was it more interesting but was really gritty, too.
Aug 5, 2011 9:46 PM

Jul 2008
Dantalian no Shoka's take on "Misery".
Aug 5, 2011 10:27 PM
Oct 2010
guyklc said:
Dark anime is dark. I like it.

However, that whole mutation thing was laughably dumb. Humans, developing mutation to bullet wounds? OK... because that's not the same as insects being sprayed with DDT. Someone obviously doesn't understand evolution.

I don't think its mutation to bullet wounds, more that they have been killed and brought back so many times that what they have been revived into isn't exactly human.
Aug 5, 2011 10:31 PM

Dec 2010
The ending was too rushed and convenient. Why not extend this into two episodes or cut the tsundere sweets crap to gain a little more time? The two just go somehwere, give a little introduction and watch the conclusion.
Aug 5, 2011 11:20 PM
Oct 2010
guyklc said:
I liked this episode a lot, though that part bothered me too... with the supernatural at their disposal to explain whatever happens, why bother with bad science?
GarLogan78 said:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought of Stephen King's novel.

I personally found the fujoshi yangire fanatic more terrifying than the weird monster.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Aug 5, 2011 11:30 PM

Feb 2010
Ajunky said:
guyklc said:
I liked this episode a lot, though that part bothered me too... with the supernatural at their disposal to explain whatever happens, why bother with bad science?

THIS. Dumb.

Decent episode.. and better than the last couple...ugh
Aug 5, 2011 11:35 PM

Sep 2010
Would've been good if it didn't have to revolve around a crazy bitch who was a fan of Lenny. Way to ruin it.
Aug 6, 2011 1:01 AM

Jun 2010
Okay episode, until the part where they 'mutated to become resistant against death', where the show just went full retard. Sigh.
Aug 6, 2011 4:05 AM

Aug 2008
Present Japanese crap like yaoi and fanatical fans mixed with XIX century England. Sure... Seriously what the frak is with this episode? And I thought book plant was idiocy.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Aug 6, 2011 4:19 AM

May 2010
What subs u guys using?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Aug 6, 2011 4:28 AM

May 2008
This whole show consists of some really wacked out people like this girl. Fans that are not happy about the work ? lol now thats just wrong

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Aug 6, 2011 8:32 AM

Nov 2008
greenmush said:
This whole show consists of some really wacked out people like this girl. Fans that are not happy about the work ? lol now thats just wrong

I've already concluded that any female that is newly introduced in this anime save for Dalian is either yandere or yangire.

Aug 6, 2011 9:04 AM

Jun 2009
Owowoww. As much as i disliked idiotic resistance to death evolution, this episode was quite decent. Not near as good as last one due to complete lack of Noto Mamiko.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Aug 6, 2011 9:06 AM
Feb 2010
If any of you guys ever watched a movie misery, this is a total copy of it. Honestly im quite dissapointed that the author would actually copy other peoples work. Heres a link to miseryhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misery_(film)
I also expected alot more from those two -,-. I mean honestly they could have done the slightest bit to help? Idk it just might be my natural hartred towards annoying bitches where no one stops them (Paula)
ShowtownAug 6, 2011 9:13 AM
Aug 6, 2011 9:17 AM

Feb 2009
Craaaazzy fangirl.
And Dalian is into BL lol.
Aside from mutation out of nowhere, good episode.
Aug 6, 2011 9:57 AM
Oct 2010
Showtown said:
If any of you guys ever watched a movie misery, this is a total copy of it. Honestly im quite dissapointed that the author would actually copy other peoples work. Heres a link to miseryhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misery_(film)
I also expected alot more from those two -,-. I mean honestly they could have done the slightest bit to help? Idk it just might be my natural hartred towards annoying bitches where no one stops them (Paula)
A total copy? At most, I'd say this episode is inspired by it. Only the theme is the same, all else is different... it's much better done in the novel, but that's beside the point.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Aug 6, 2011 10:00 AM

Jun 2011
I love this anime even more with each episode. Also when seeing the lady die it looks like Huey was a bit more disturbed by it than Dalian.
Aug 6, 2011 12:08 PM

Aug 2010
Interesting, a male playboy writing about BL =o
Honestly despite the brutal cycle of brutal deaths, i really like the episode =o that paula lady is messed up on so many levels o_O crime of passion to the next level i mean she blasted lenny's neck with a freaking SHOTGUN O_O;
when i saw the hatchet my mind automatically goes to higurashi >_>;
lol another break from Huey reaching into dalian's chest again
anyways im glad it ended on a semi happy ending
oh and dalian's pretty cute in her close ups lawl
Aug 6, 2011 12:35 PM

Jun 2009
That was a mind blowing episode indeed..

Aug 6, 2011 12:54 PM

Apr 2011
The best episode so far. The wife of the author was a sadistic and obsessed person. She deserved her fate.
Aug 6, 2011 2:59 PM

Dec 2009
-dies of happiness-
FINALLY A GOOD EPISODE.
Aug 6, 2011 3:34 PM
May 2011
I know many people who've seen this recommend watching Gosick as well, since they both take place during the whole Victorian Era ( i think ) ...but why are so many of the characters blond ._.?

That chamber they were in, 4 blonds - 1 going completely Higurashi - 2 getting beat - and 1 locked up...then there is Dalian. Their's also that girl that they met last episode as well. so many blonds..just saying
ban1o.jpg
Aug 6, 2011 6:50 PM

Nov 2009
RyuKirin said:
I know many people who've seen this recommend watching Gosick as well, since they both take place during the whole Victorian Era ( i think ) ...but why are so many of the characters blond ._.?

That chamber they were in, 4 blonds - 1 going completely Higurashi - 2 getting beat - and 1 locked up...then there is Dalian. Their's also that girl that they met last episode as well. so many blonds..just saying

Well it is the Victorian era and they are in Europe. Not saying everyone in Europe is a blond, but blond is a very common hair color for the setting. Same goes for America lol. Though the locked up girl in this ep didn't really looked blond to me... more like a reddish brown. meh w/e xD
Aug 6, 2011 11:38 PM

Jan 2011
Not only are they in Europe, but they are also largely dealing with the upper-classes. Most of the people they are visiting live in country houses (large mansions), and even the school teachers from last episode belong to the genre of upper-class women doing good works. I can understand the high blonde ratio based on the setting, it makes a certain amount of sense. (As opposed to the shows which replay the Sengoku period with an all female cast and a rainbow of unnatural hair shades for the sake of moe.)
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Aug 7, 2011 12:31 AM

Feb 2011
There are two types of Yaoi fangirl

Cute Yaoi fangirl.

Freaky Yaoi fangirl >_<
Aug 7, 2011 1:32 AM

Jun 2009
GarLogan78 said:

It was pretty obvious (if you're familiar with "Misery") from the opening clip how similar this ep was going to be to the Stephen King book. A good ep nonetheless
Aug 7, 2011 1:38 AM
Apr 2011
i quite enjoyed this ep. the one thing im confused about is how this series only has a pg 13 rating. id expect it to be at least an R, cause she just blew the guys head off with a shotgun. usually with decapitation the rating gets bumped up doesnt it.
Aug 7, 2011 5:19 AM

May 2010
That is one crazy bitch
Aug 7, 2011 5:27 AM

Jan 2009
Dat typewriter.
A QWERTY key set must mean this is actually set during the late 1870's, or even better, since there's even a key for 1 on it, it must be set during like, 1950-60 or so.
( ¬‿¬)
Yes, I know, this is a fantasy story, so I maybe some crazy magician conjured up a QWERTY-typewriter from the future.
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/ \

Seriously though, this show is full of lulz.
It's been some time since I've seen an insane woman of this caliber.
And I simply love the fact that it's a fantasy story and not a mystery story.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 7, 2011 6:58 AM

Mar 2010
After four eps I feel confident in saying this: worst anime I'm following this season. Weakest GAINAX show in ages to boot - granted it was going to be adaptation-GAINAX and not "true GAINAX" from the start but the miserably poor directing and shoddy writing are just no no no. Animation isn't too creative or standout either.

Utterly mediocre affair with bad action (first two eps) or ludicruous deus ex machina resolutions (this episode, developing resistance to death? LOL, cheapest thing I've seen in a long while).

Only real pluses go to Sawashiro (as usual) and MC not being a complete loser
Aug 7, 2011 8:17 AM

Feb 2008
the longer i look at Dalian, the cuter she gets... damn... :D

anyway, this protagonist tandem (Dalian and Disward) seems better than most out there...

though one thing i don't understand is how they could give such emotionless facial expression with all the violence and madness unfolding in front of them...

not to mention they're inside a locked cell...

but all that "evolution" stuff were definitely facepalm tier... how lame...
Aug 7, 2011 9:34 AM

May 2011
Resistance to death itself, for teh lulz.

Other then that, this episode was pretty good. I like how this story went, a psychotic bitch and a sorta hopeless love.

And yeah, Dalian gets cuter every episode.
Aug 7, 2011 1:19 PM

Jun 2008
Todays lesson:
Fangirls. Whether in 2011 or 100 years back they are always crazy as shit.

This was the best episode until now really. It had a nice pace and the whole thing was kind of interesting. I liked this one. The others where mediocre.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dantalian no Shoka Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Sep 30, 2011

108 by Archean-Return »»
Yesterday, 5:59 PM

Poll: » Dantalian no Shoka Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 23, 2011

64 by Archean-Return »»
Yesterday, 5:06 PM

Poll: » Dantalian no Shoka Episode 10 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 16, 2011

45 by Archean-Return »»
Yesterday, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Dantalian no Shoka Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 9, 2011

82 by Archean-Return »»
Yesterday, 3:00 PM

Poll: » Dantalian no Shoka Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 2, 2011

59 by Archean-Return »»
Yesterday, 1:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.