MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Dantalian no Shoka Episode 4 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Dantalian no Shoka »» Dantalian no Shoka Episode 4 Discussion

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Dantalian no Shoka Episode 4 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

38 45.24%
4 out of 5: Liked it

30 35.71%
3 out of 5: It was OK

11 13.10%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

3 3.57%
1 out of 5: Hated it

2 2.38%
Voters: 84

08-05-11, 9:47 AM
News Team
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dalian is freaked out at incomplete series. And the author was the one she killed (in the beginning). His girlfriend was in the prison.

The one who was killed is alive? Now it's the girl who got killed instead. They got trapped!

She got him to force him to write what she wants ("true story", she said). And with magic to revive, she killed them everyday.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

08-05-11, 10:47 AM

tsubasalover said:
Dalian is freaked out at incomplete series. And the author was the one she killed (in the beginning). His girlfriend was in the prison.
And I got freaked by Dalian being like that.

Holy shit episode shit the fans! That was the most amazing yet. Dalian is crazy after all.

After 3 episodes I can say the following (even though I watch RAW in daylight)
Watch this when it's dark! It's way better!
yeah sadly I noticed this after 3 episodes but hey better tell now then ever.
The reason for this is that the anime is dark already so the colors are more vivid in the dark and the atmosphere of the dark melds nicely with the evil/dark atmosphere this series contains. It thus creates a psychological melding to enjoy this series more. Just a IMO.

Well you tell me if there is a difference so far I heard it does around the Shiki forums.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!

08-05-11, 11:01 AM
News Team
Yumekichi11 said:

Well, it does air during the midnight in Japan (1:30am).
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

08-05-11, 11:30 AM

That lady is yangire in it's purest form, glad to see violence isn't censored much, even the decapitation was there. I'm so glad she got what she deserved, what she did was complete madness.

lol Dalian being mad over incomplete series.

08-05-11, 11:39 AM

tsubasalover said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Well, it does air during the midnight in Japan (1:30am).
Ah yes but I am talking about in general wherever you are in the world. Ah yes, Dalian is beautiful in every way from my research of her images in the spoiler

she also has this look from her:
http://myanimelist.net/character/17080/Alicia_Melchiott
talking about the hair ornament. Only thing I am with is the key hole ritual that Oosran hates. I too find it repetitive although mesmerizing with its SFX. Her eyes and hair color are orgasmic TBH. Not in a sexual way but appreciative one.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!

08-05-11, 11:41 AM

I don't like the keyhole ritual sequence either, too cliche and and not in a good way.

08-05-11, 4:30 PM

So Lenny Lents and his lover turned into The First Impact and killed Patricia?

Okay, Gainax.

08-05-11, 5:48 PM

Dark anime is dark. I like it.

However, that whole mutation thing was laughably dumb. Humans, developing mutation to bullet wounds? OK... because that's not the same as insects being sprayed with DDT. Someone obviously doesn't understand evolution.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.

08-05-11, 5:51 PM

yeah some of the decisions by Gainax are a little...this isnt a rant about which medium is better, but what Gainax did doesnt make any sense. This isnt Eva... in the novels/manga the monster was much more...grotesque like a inhuman mutant abomination...in the anime, they're like a scifi spiritual being...it just doesnt have that dark feel to it...

and Paula...was much more psychotic looking...she was literally drenched in blood when they first met her, not this victorian desperate housewife wannabe.

and when she was killed...she was one-hit ko flattened...it's like theyre trying to censor it...but I don't know what the regulations are...either way it's not working.
Modified by taj69, 08-05-11, 5:55 PM

08-05-11, 5:52 PM

A very entertaining episode.
I think the one thing I like Dalian over Victorique is that she has not read every book out there so she indulges herself in more than sweets.

08-05-11, 6:25 PM

Daaamn. It must suck to be killed everyday by some crazed fan.
Nice episode, dark as usual, and I'm liking Dalian more and more.

08-05-11, 6:52 PM

Misery anyone?

Really liked this ep; the fujoshi battle made me lol.
Modified by wheresthehandle, 08-05-11, 6:56 PM
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.

08-05-11, 7:37 PM

OOo waoo interesting episode

the woman was crazyyy

dalian want to finish it work lol XD

poor huey he will be attached to dalian forever jajaja
Life is bittersweet can you live with that?

08-05-11, 7:40 PM

ED is still creepy.

08-05-11, 8:28 PM

Don't understand why people are complaining about the keyhole ritual ... Dalian hasn't been "unlocked" in either of the last two episodes. The flower-book ate the bad guys last week, and the two lovers combined to obliterate the crazy stalker bitch (why can't things like this happen to Ringo from Penguindrum?). The villainess reminded me of the madwoman from Misery, even torturing her favorite author when the book he writes doesn't go the way she wants.

Was it just me or was Dalian kinda annoying this episode? She was even bitchier than usual, or so it seemed to me. It could be just getting tired of the loli tsundere archetype.

Still, the mystery of what was going on had me fascinated from the moment they walked into Lenny's room and he was alive and well. I didn't figure out they were alternating between who was alive and who was dead until I actually saw it happen on-screen. That was pretty gruesome, watching her murder the two of them over and over until they busted out a deus ex machina and 'evolved' beyond death.

4/5

08-05-11, 8:42 PM

So far i find this interesting and as some say "Dark" but I still don't like Dalian (I'm not to fond of tsunderes)

08-05-11, 9:26 PM

That women with the shotgun is crazy. If I ever had a fan like that, I'd commit suicide.

08-05-11, 9:41 PM

Yes, Dalian was annoying but it's not really a new thing for her. Pretty tired of the loli tsundere archetype myself. Also throwing out the book was just ignorant.

Despite that I thought the episode was a massive improvement over the last two. Not only was it more interesting but was really gritty, too.

08-05-11, 9:46 PM

Dantalian no Shoka's take on "Misery".

08-05-11, 10:27 PM

guyklc said:
Dark anime is dark. I like it.

However, that whole mutation thing was laughably dumb. Humans, developing mutation to bullet wounds? OK... because that's not the same as insects being sprayed with DDT. Someone obviously doesn't understand evolution.

I don't think its mutation to bullet wounds, more that they have been killed and brought back so many times that what they have been revived into isn't exactly human.

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices