Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 7, 2011 4:45 PM

Jun 2010
LOL, this episode was either a ripoff or homage to the Stephen King novel, Misery.

3/5 for this episode.
"The R1 Anime business is a cruel and shallow financial trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
Aug 8, 2011 4:10 AM

Jul 2011
I enjoy watching this episode!! The story is getting more better than before~
Aug 8, 2011 6:32 AM

Apr 2008
I wish they would cut off the screentime of this lolitsunder, whose name I refuse to remember, and focus more on the story instead.
agent535 said:

though one thing i don't understand is how they could give such emotionless facial expression with all the violence and madness unfolding in front of them...

I don't care about lolitsundere no. 989548345837457934579384539, but Huey was fighting during the first world war, which probably desensitized him to violence and gruesome sights.
Lain666Aug 8, 2011 6:41 AM
"The moment one sits down to think, one becomes all nose, or all forehead, or something horrid. Look at the successful men in any of the learned professions. How perfectly hideous they are! Except, of course, in the Church. But then in the Church they don't think. A bishop keeps on saying at the age of eighty what he was told to say when he was a boy of eighteen, and as a natural consequence he always looks absolutely delightful."
Aug 8, 2011 7:07 AM

Jul 2010
This episode was a bit too gore to my liking but well... glad the crazy yandere btch got what she deserved... And lol in the end Dalian still didn't got the ending she hoped for xD
Aug 8, 2011 9:16 AM

Aug 2010
Misery with magic.
Aug 8, 2011 10:57 AM

Oct 2009
A BL diehard fan of those books takes drastic measures just so they can have a story they would approve of!?!?!?

Simple WTF in this era!!?!?!

I agree, the ending was rushed just a tad bit, but a very good episode nonetheless.

Aug 9, 2011 1:51 PM

May 2008
So...Paula killed them like 50 thousand times..just cause she didn't like the way the book was and wanted her fandom to be canon...

.....that's the craziest shit I've ever heard.

Aug 10, 2011 5:45 AM

Jul 2008
Loved this ep: has a crazy fangirl, dark, violent, has a crazy fangirl and the story is neat... tough sometimes doesn't make much sense ^_^;

My Sarcastic Review Here
Aug 11, 2011 9:09 AM

Jul 2009
Looney stalkers = my worst nightmare...
Being a target of stalking that's trival in comparrassion is scary enough.

wheresthehandle said:
Misery anyone?

I tried to put that to the back of my mind for so long. :o

Aug 12, 2011 5:18 AM

May 2010
So our protagonists were merely spectators.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Aug 14, 2011 7:32 AM

Sep 2010
Dalian was reading boys love.

Weird enough, this is the first arc of the manga. I don't understand what happened, but either Gainax or the manga adaptation has a wrong order or cut story parts out.
Also, that killing woman looks completely different from how she looks like in the manga and if I'm right there was no snow in the manga. The woman in the shed had clothes on, in contrast to the manga, but that's just trivial stuff.

I don't really get why only females are the murderers in this series.
Aug 16, 2011 5:35 AM

Aug 2008
Aug 16, 2011 11:42 AM

Aug 2010
Dalian reading BL-books? weird, really and a bit out of place.
BUT when I saw blood all over the walls and that girl beating that writer and then tearing his head off my heart jumped with sudden joy.

And then I heard "Zaaaankoku na teeeenshi no yoooou niiii" playing in my head and was about to burst in tears. GAINAX. PLEASE, MORE, IN THAT WAY, DON'T MAKE THESE STUPID MOE-SHOWS, BE YOURSELF!
Aug 18, 2011 6:44 PM

Jul 2011
Monad said:
Todays lesson:
Fangirls. Whether in 2011 or 100 years back they are always crazy as shit.

This was the best episode until now really. It had a nice pace and the whole thing was kind of interesting. I liked this one. The others where mediocre.

Lesson Learned. XD

This episode was pretty decent. It was the best so far. It gets a 4/5.
:DD
Aug 23, 2011 8:35 AM

Aug 2008
I know Huey has seen some f*cked up stuff over these past three episodes, but after this he should have some serious nightmares. That was seriously sick sh*t! She's just killing them over and over again, recycling their bodies and lives so she can get the ending she wants for a damn book. Man... DO NOT F*CK w/ a woman's gay pairings!

Sep 4, 2011 6:05 PM
Feb 2011
So Dalian is into BL and doesn't give a shit about the guy other than the fact he's the key to the ending of that one book she's reading. Le yawn. Huey should stop spoiling her like that, a normal kid would've gotten a few slaps already. Her brattiness gets tiresome at times.

Meh episode.
Oct 17, 2011 7:47 AM

Jun 2011
That lady is truly a yangire, that's for sure.
And never thought that Dalian is a fan of shonen ai/yaoi!
Ruri-sanOct 18, 2011 3:43 PM
Oct 17, 2011 4:56 PM

Jul 2010
Dantalian no Shoka Episode 4: an episode on typical fangirls

Oct 29, 2011 10:07 AM

Feb 2010
You know what reminds of this episode?
Family guy, where Brian was the book author and Stewie was the Brian fan freak. They are so similar!
Feb 27, 2012 1:15 PM

Dec 2009
Dalian likes yaoi 8D
This is by far one of my favorite episodes. I love the horror feeling of it. The story itself is brilliant too, I love the fact that the lovers can't see each other because they can only use one soul per time. Really crazy, but awesome.

rewatched episode
Jun 21, 2012 4:22 AM

Apr 2012
I always wondered how an anime adaptation of Stephen King's "Misery" would turn out. Now I know. Outstanding episode.
"Truth can always be found deep in the dungeon."
~ Balmung of the Azure Sky
Aug 5, 2012 11:25 AM

Jun 2009
Damn crazy fangirls. They should stick to writing bad fanfiction!
Aug 7, 2012 6:48 AM

Aug 2010
The same problem as in the previous episode. The whole concept of evolving and becoming resistant to death is interesting, but the execution was laughably poor. Huey and Dalian carried the episode on their backs. 2.5/5.
Nov 3, 2012 6:45 PM
Sep 2012
Lol Lenny and his lover turned into the Kishin at the end.
Jan 28, 2013 10:39 PM
Mar 2009
Dalian's thumb was derp-ing when she held Volume II of Crown of the Dog Days.

Lol, "Da-li-oww my foot..."

Wow, crazed, psycho fan. Reminds me of...real life...

The whole "evolved past death" was retarded. That was a pretty dumb way to end it. I liked the whole episode up till that point. Seriously, it was some half-assed thing pulled out of nowhere.
Jan 29, 2013 5:06 PM

Jun 2012
ChronosXIII said:
Dalian's thumb was derp-ing when she held Volume II of Crown of the Dog Days.

Lol, "Da-li-oww my foot..."

Wow, crazed, psycho fan. Reminds me of...real life...

The whole "evolved past death" was retarded. That was a pretty dumb way to end it. I liked the whole episode up till that point. Seriously, it was some half-assed thing pulled out of nowhere.

Yeah it was lame, the way they end each episode is terrible.

Still love Dalian tho.
Jul 20, 2014 12:38 AM

Apr 2010
Finally some actual action. Things are looking great. Looking forward to another episode. Dalian continues to be super cute.
Jul 26, 2014 9:53 AM

Mar 2013
[Yes], I liked this episode. Nice and mysterious.
May 31, 2015 6:24 AM

Jun 2010
Showtown said:
If any of you guys ever watched a movie misery, this is a total copy of it. Honestly im quite dissapointed that the author would actually copy other peoples work. Heres a link to miseryhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misery_(film)
I also expected alot more from those two -,-. I mean honestly they could have done the slightest bit to help? Idk it just might be my natural hartred towards annoying bitches where no one stops them (Paula)

Pathetic. Obviously inspired, not copied. And what would anyone do in huey's place? Those 2 couldn't be helped. They were meant to die, as they died before.

I got the misery feeling after 1st few minutes and really liked it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 20, 2015 10:54 AM

May 2015
Great episode. Tragic and beautiful, yet still managing to add some humor in there.
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Nov 22, 2015 2:56 AM

Nov 2015
guyklc said:
However, that whole mutation thing was laughably dumb. Humans, developing mutation to bullet wounds? OK... because that's not the same as insects being sprayed with DDT. Someone obviously doesn't understand evolution.

I think it was discussing an evolution of the human spirit or soul, considering the soul is what was being swapped.
Apr 20, 2021 2:28 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Resurrection when the other die, but because of that they got the immunity to death hmm
That fan was way too crazy, probably the craziest fan I've ever seen lol
Jan 4, 2023 7:07 PM

Aug 2018
Wow that was a surprisingly brutal episode. Surprisingly good too. I had almost given up hope on this show but that ep redeemed it in my eyes.

Lol, there's some parallels that can be made about the crazed fan and certain parts of the anime fandom. I can't believe Dalian is into that sort of thing.
Apr 22, 9:33 AM

Dec 2022
Terrible episode. Hugh has a pistol and puts up no resistance at all, even when the crazy woman had to reload the double-barrel shotgun after shooting Lenny (who would revive anyway), which would've given him ample time to shoot her. Allow yourself to be captured and disarmed, and you're now a sitting duck for whatever passing, violent whim she has.

Aside from that, the "Soul Exchange" power the book hosted was used for nothing more than shock value resurrections, which was a cheap cop-out for what could've otherwise been an excellent mystery involving deducing how these allegedly dead people are springing back to life. Solving everything within a single escalating action scene every time—which the protagonists have virtually no presence in—is just inane. These short story plots would be substantially more engaging if they were stretched out over two episodes, rather than one.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dantalian no Shoka Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Sep 30, 2011

108 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 22, 5:59 PM

Poll: » Dantalian no Shoka Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 23, 2011

64 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 22, 5:06 PM

Poll: » Dantalian no Shoka Episode 10 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 16, 2011

45 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 22, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Dantalian no Shoka Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 9, 2011

82 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 22, 3:00 PM

Poll: » Dantalian no Shoka Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 2, 2011

59 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 22, 1:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.