MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 5 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Mawaru Penguindrum »» Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 5 Discussion

Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 5 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

157 77.72%
4 out of 5: Liked it

34 16.83%
3 out of 5: It was OK

6 2.97%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

2 0.99%
1 out of 5: Hated it

3 1.49%
Voters: 202

08-04-11, 12:16 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well I damn happy that I was right from last episode with the appearance of Masako as follows,

now that was one of the 3 people I was awaiting for! There is one more left. Masako is such a teasing person being towards Asami like here. What caught most of my attention is the slingshot in the spoiler
now that having a laser sight with a WTF red penguin bullets, seems to be more than meets the eye IMO. I did like the art depiction of Ringo x Tabuki.

I thought that Kanba was thee most stupidest character to follow his father in the storm that does cost the father some damage but at least Kanba did have regret in all this. Still way to go DUMB ASS! You made things harder for your father. Then again I understand the emotional implications in all this. Despite all that I loved him most in the following,

His chasing that van was EPIC! Too bad really that the hat got caught into one of the doors of that van. Man he got really badly scrapped in the spoiler
that looked really bad. I had my experience of it but not as extreme as that one. Mine was from a person dragging me like that and not a motorized vehicle. Well in thee end I am glad that Himari is all well and I did ROLF at the penguin healing one of their own in the spoiler
that was nice to see.

About Ringo, Ringo was pretty wild this episode.
This episode made me fucking hate her! I really despise Ringo for what she did! Himari was right in the Survival Strategy Game about her.

Stalker & Hentai girl!
Other than that I vented out my frustrations but that’s not all of it. Although I did like Ringo’s cell phone picture here and it was nice to see Yuri around since she is so beautiful. I really did feel bad for her at first due to the following spoiler
poor waste cake but it ends there! The penguins were damn nice to dry her clothes. Got to love Ringo’s expressions here and there in reaction to Shouma’s diary telling. Well he knows more than he bargained for. I could not believe that Ringo was included in the Survival Strategy game. Ringo was hilarious begging out with handcuffs on her. She so looked like a criminal there on trial and does make you think that you are on trial when the appearance show it like that. Anyway I saw Ringo’s panties in the spoiler
so I guess that was seen. I got totally O_O with first of all Ringo breaking out of her handcuffs but most of all her in the spoiler
oh WTF? She actually ran up that stairway and removed in a fit of rage the hat. She is one crazy ass bitch. You do not want to play around with her when she is nuts like that.
  • Loved Himari’s expressions in the Survival Strategy Game in the spoiler
    especially her pouting.

• It was nice to see Takakura’s parents in the spoiler
    although I do think that the doctor looked a little quack.

• I ROFL so hard at the penguin having been invaded by cockroaches in the spoiler
    it funny as heck.
About thee end, thee end teaches us a lot in the spoiler
simply that of the Penguin implications being not anymore narrowed down. The fact that Ringo may have something of theirs being a magical item and that the father/grandfather have something to do with them is baffling and incredible as revealing. How much more far do the Penguin influence extends remains to be seen but now it extended towards the Takakura’s family and of innocent civilians being caught in it. With thee collateral being Himari’s life how will this continue and its final resolve will be to see as it is shaping up slowly in this episode. More later.
Modified by Yumekichi11, 08-04-11, 1:22 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!

08-04-11, 12:23 PM

Kanba you manly son of a bitch

08-04-11, 1:09 PM

I have to admit that I didn't like Kanba all along. But now I at least respect him.
Damn real man.

08-04-11, 2:31 PM

Ringo is so messed up for throwing away Himari's penguin hat and can't she just dissapear already~

08-04-11, 2:50 PM

Fine, since everyone seems to dislike Ringo, I can have her all for me, right? : )

Ringo was freaking brilliant, not taking crap by a stuck up bitch like the Queen. At least she stand up in front of that absurd character when all the guys do is obey her or disappear (this gag reminds me of Excel Saga btw).
Okay, the boys don't have much option since the Queen (via the hat) is was maintains Himari in this world. But Ringo had no idea and act like a worthy Fabulous character.

One character I'll certainly love to hate in the following episode itoh : Natsume-san. Pretending to be caring to gather information and then wipe the poor victim mind out without second thought to protect gawd knows who. Way to make a first terrible impression.

08-04-11, 5:26 PM

NinaWolken said:
Fine, since everyone seems to dislike Ringo, I can have her all for me, right? : )

Ringo was freaking brilliant, not taking crap by a stuck up bitch like the Queen. At least she stand up in front of that absurd character when all the guys do is obey her or disappear (this gag reminds me of Excel Saga btw).
Okay, the boys don't have much option since the Queen (via the hat) is was maintains Himari in this world. But Ringo had no idea and act like a worthy Fabulous character.

One character I'll certainly love to hate in the following episode itoh : Natsume-san. Pretending to be caring to gather information and then wipe the poor victim mind out without second thought to protect gawd knows who. Way to make a first terrible impression.

Hey I like Ringo('s antics)

I especially loved the way she broke out of the transformation sequence

08-04-11, 9:37 PM

5/5 by definition

Yumekichi11 said:

• I ROFL so hard at the penguin having been invaded by cockroaches in the spoiler

• ick! No way!

08-04-11, 9:40 PM

This was the best episode so far imo. That chase scene was fuckin' epic.

08-04-11, 9:58 PM

prismheart said:
    That chase scene was fuckin' epic.
    Umakoshi & Sushio was credited in this episode so maybe they animating that part I guess.

Kanba: ANIKI OF THE YEAR

08-04-11, 10:05 PM

Ringo and Kan are great characters.

08-04-11, 10:08 PM

This show started off boring but now it's definitely picking it up, it's getting more and more interesting.

08-04-11, 10:11 PM

I want to know what happened to the blue haired girl after being shot by that weapon.

08-04-11, 10:23 PM

Gotta admit, Ringo pulling herself up from that pit trap and running up the stairway to whack penguin Queen made me lol a bit. But yeah, I was mad that she threw away the penguin hat. It would've meant Himari's death had it not been for Kanba's heroic act of chasing down that speeding truck while injuring himself in the process just to retrieve it.

zimno said:
    Yumekichi11 said:

• ick! No way!

Yes Way. It's the roaches' sweet revenge for their fallen brethren slain by No.2 and his bug spray can.
    世の中には実妹(いもうと)と義妹(たにん)、2つ種類の「妹」がいる

08-04-11, 10:30 PM

Vanisher said:
    I want to know what happened to the blue haired girl after being shot by that weapon.

It erased her memories.
    Lord of Iranime ☪

08-04-11, 11:11 PM

KANBA IS BEAST!!!

Seriously Kanba = BEST MALE CHARACTER OF 2011

I loved how queen Himari cussed out Ringo for being such a crazy stalker psycho bitch GO HIMARI!!

08-04-11, 11:12 PM

It depresses me seeing Ringo desperately chasing Tabuki only to be blocked by the blond actor.

08-04-11, 11:13 PM

That felt like the most intense vehicle-chase-and-cling-to-the-back scene I've seen. And for some reason I started laughing at the end when the penguin was holding on and his pants started coming off.

08-04-11, 11:15 PM

Onii said:
    It depresses me seeing Ringo desperately chasing Tabuki only to be blocked by the blond actor.

The actor might be a bitch but at least she isn't crazy. I prefer Yuri (actor girl) xTabuki because they are Fabulousu maxu!

08-04-11, 11:16 PM

IceAndCream said:
    That felt like the most intense vehicle-chase-and-cling-to-the-back scene I've seen. And for some reason I started laughing at the end when the penguin was holding on and his pants started coming off.

#1 Penguin owns when Kanba fell off the bike he was still hanging on to the hat and Kanba THEY BOTH ARE EPIC!!

08-04-11, 11:31 PM

Kanba one bad ass mother fucker confirmed.
    That was an insane but brilliant chase scene. I only love Kanba more and more with each episode man. He is so awesome and hauuuuuu~~

Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
    Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices