Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Nov 1, 2013 6:42 PM

Sep 2013
That start, must have been a bad dream about him :p

Rin's mother is... strange.

Rin's mother admits she's a good for nothing.

"Am I raising Rin or is she raising me?" Lawl
Dec 17, 2013 6:11 PM

Aug 2013
So we now know who Rin mother is. She is still a little girl. She's irresponsible and an air-head, but I think it's just her age. She doesn't have the maturity yet to take care of a child.

Another cute episode. Daikichi crying, it was a cute moment when she said she would hug him next time he cry...

Also I think the question at the end is important, it is surely the most rewarding experience to have a child.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 29, 2014 1:46 PM
Jan 2014
I. CAN'T. STOP. WATCHING. THIS. SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's just overflowing with adorableness. I think Rin's mom is more mature than a lot of people give her credit for, because realzing that she is not ready to raise a child and making the decision to let someone else raise Rin is a pretty mature thing to do.
Jun 7, 2014 6:53 AM

Jan 2009
1. So masako just didn't have the time/energy to take care of rin

2. Masako doesn't seem as heartless as I once thought, just unfortunate that she had a kid she didn't want to raise

8/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Aug 9, 2014 7:44 AM

Jun 2013
Quite a calm episode today. And as mostly everyone has said, I really didn't like irresponsible Masako was.

Also, the "Daikichi is Daikichi" moment was quite significant - though I'm a bit unsure on the true significance of it. Anyone want to share their views on it?
Nekomimi!!
Aug 12, 2014 6:42 PM

Nov 2012
There must be an even deeper reason why she left Rin. If not... wow GG
The relationship between Daikichi and Rin is simply beautiful! :') At the end of every episode, you just feel so nice and warm and cant help but feel so happy for him. What is anime doing to my life??? :P
Sep 13, 2014 9:30 PM

Jul 2014
great episode! we learn that rin's mother isn't a bad at heart, she's just too young and caught up in her career. but that really doesnt change the fact that someone, anyone, needs to slap the living shit out of her. also, who was that guy she was with? its whatever though, as long as rin stays with daikichi, I'm happy.
Oct 27, 2014 1:20 AM

Jul 2013
Masako is pretty bad as a mother but something tells me that her boyfriend is the real father and he's even shittier. :/

I love how Daikichi is so ready to become a dad and Rin's guardian. Sad how Rin doesn't view him the same way but it's understandable given her age. I wonder if how she feels about Daikichi will change over time. Hopefully their different family names won't cause too many problems.

The scene after the ending made this episode even greater.
Dec 31, 2014 9:32 AM

Dec 2013
That maid looks like she's 16 lol. Great episode as always.
Jan 27, 2015 11:16 PM

Sep 2014
Feb 7, 2015 12:26 PM

Jul 2013
I can't imagine as a mother she would do that to her child. How could she!
Mar 16, 2015 7:55 AM

Jan 2013
Boy ... Masako sure is a downer.
Also the little scene at the ending was so cute "I'll hold you when you cry"
Oct 6, 2015 12:17 AM
Jan 12, 2016 11:46 AM

Aug 2014
the meeting with the mother was better than expected. the series remain precious, and despite what i said a couple of episodes ago about forgetting what the manga ending is like, when the issue of adoption came up i was in denial.

Jan 24, 2016 3:23 AM

Jun 2010
Hoppy said:
Rin's mom needs to be slapped silly. Parental abandonment is terrible especially for the mother.

Yes, i agree. I personally can't understand someone having children and then leaving them behind. Well, divorce is something quite different, but I still don't get it.
My friend had a 6 year old girl and she decided to give her away just few months ago. Well they haven't lived together after the baby was taken away from her (the baby was just few months old). But I still can't understand something like abandoning...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 13, 2016 4:30 AM
May 2012
SaveTheAralSea said:

Nice thinking. Maybe you are right. If not though, then grandpa got lucky tapping that.
Mar 8, 2016 3:42 AM

Jun 2013
I'm finding it difficult to feel sympathy for Masako especially when she was getting all amped up and bitchy. I understand that if you can't care for a child then you shouldn't have had the child in the first place, she should've gotten an abortion or gave her up for adoption.
臭い-
Apr 14, 2016 8:23 PM

Jun 2013
What a bitch mother!
Jun 27, 2016 6:45 AM
Apr 2015
Is this post still active ? I Just Wonder how Rin's mother can get pregnant by 73 years Old man ? How can it happen in the 1st place ? And if Sokichi was a wise Grandfather he would not f*ck his own maid right? I Like this series but every time Rin's mother appear I always think how she get f*cked by 73 years old man.I should stop reading hentai :v
Jun 27, 2016 6:50 AM
Apr 2015
SaveTheAralSea said:
ya I agree with that.Because Rin has a blond while his mother and Grandfather has a black hair.Or DNA is not work in this anime ?
Jul 1, 2016 1:48 PM

Sep 2015
I
Nekomaro said:
Quite a calm episode today. And as mostly everyone has said, I really didn't like irresponsible Masako was.

Also, the "Daikichi is Daikichi" moment was quite significant - though I'm a bit unsure on the true significance of it. Anyone want to share their views on it?

I'm conflicted. I feel like Rin was a little insensitive to Daikichi in that moment. He does and sacrifices so much for her, even getting demoted in order to devote himself to being a good 'father' for her. Yet she simply views him as a 'nice man named Daikichi'.

Some have said whilst the grandad is irreplaceable she still cares about Daikichi but I can't help but have a bad taste in my mouth after she dismisses him without a care.
Jul 9, 2016 1:05 PM
Mar 2008
Angry_Always said:
I
Nekomaro said:

I'm conflicted. I feel like Rin was a little insensitive to Daikichi in that moment. He does and sacrifices so much for her, even getting demoted in order to devote himself to being a good 'father' for her. Yet she simply views him as a 'nice man named Daikichi'.

Some have said whilst the grandad is irreplaceable she still cares about Daikichi but I can't help but have a bad taste in my mouth after she dismisses him without a care.

Eh, I really don't think this is fair to her. Anyone can tell you that similar things often happen with older adopted/foster children. Rin shouldn't be pushed to refer to Daikichi as a father, it's her right to choose when that title is given not anyone else's.
Jul 31, 2016 4:44 AM

Mar 2015
I wonder if Rin will treat Daikichi the same way if she becomes teen ager.

Last scene is heart warming!

3.4/5
Sep 12, 2016 4:07 AM

Nov 2012
If that lady is really her mother, I must ask why she even had an affair with a really old man. Also, I like how Daikichi mentions that he might possibly been "raised up" by Rin. Well Rin is quite mature for a child.
Nov 6, 2016 5:23 PM

Sep 2015
Dam the mom is pretty wierd. So emotional this episode with the becoming real daddy talk. Lol I think they're raising each other.
Jan 11, 2017 3:27 PM

Feb 2013
Rin's mother is really weird, she chose her job over her kid.
Jan 14, 2017 1:58 PM

Nov 2007
This is why kids should not have kids....

anyway,what 6 years olds would want to cook?
Feb 26, 2017 9:45 PM

May 2016
Daikichi is Daikichi Rin is so cute and simple when she talks but her mother is so crule and careless.
And Rin graduate from the daycare and going to school.
Anyway I don't think that she is Grandpa daughter I think he just told them that for a specific reason.
Mar 4, 2017 7:51 PM

Dec 2016
That last scene... It's oficial, this series is really something special. Cutest thing I've ever seen in any anime.
May 9, 2017 6:39 AM

Apr 2015
The mother seemed like she worried about Rin though.

Welp, she has her reasons.

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
Jun 12, 2017 1:06 PM

Jan 2010
awesome episode! so we get to see who rin's mom is, and she's a big airhead...true artist, baning a 60 yr old...lol

Rin's getting cuter and cuter...this is soothing my heart

5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Sep 21, 2017 2:25 AM

Jun 2016

Another beautiful and heartwarming episode.

When crying Rin chose to hug her "bunny" stuffed animal instead of sleeping beside Daikichi. Lmfao.

Wow! Rin's mother is such a bitch. I have no other words to describe her. She better not take Rin from Daikichi whenever she feels like it, I'm gonna cut her. Apparently, she's a mangaka and she thinks Rin is a hindrance to her. Ffs. I wonder if Souichi-san is really Rin's dad or that guy living with Masako is Rin's dad.

Daikichi asked Rin if she'll be fine making him her official dad and changing her last name to Kawachi Rin from Kaga Rin, and she said no and "You're fine just as Daikichi". Idk if I'm gonna be happy with that answer of hers, but Daikichi cried, so I guess it's fine with him. Hehehe.

Daikichi: "I'll hold you no matter how old you get."
Rin: *cries*
Me: My fucking heart!
Rin: "I'll hold you the next time you cry!"
Me: *dies*

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Oct 15, 2018 7:15 AM

Feb 2014
Eh, can't get myself to hate Rin's mom, I will wait to hear her reasons.
Oct 18, 2018 10:49 PM

Oct 2018
Not a fan of Masako, but how about that hugging scene just about died from the moe-grenade Rin set off with that little dialogue with Daikichi, that little angel is pure kawaii!
Jan 12, 2019 10:11 AM
Apr 2018
Man, the post credit scene was perfect. They did an incredibly heartwarming scene in so little time...

I bet there is more to Masako's story other than "Rin interfered with my job". It seems she was hiding something.
May 15, 2019 2:40 PM

Jul 2016
Another episode I really liked :3
May 15, 2019 2:41 PM

Jul 2016
I love Rin, she is precious.
May 15, 2019 2:42 PM

Jul 2016
Overall I would give this episode a 4/5. I liked the comedy the most between Rin's mother and the main character, and my it was almost a tear jerker.
Dec 28, 2019 1:24 PM

Aug 2018
What I want to say going into episode.. That this anime is easy to watch so far, which is nice.. ;p Though, it'll also will give me a heart attack, I feel.. ;p
Both Daikichi and Masako recognized Rin and her father in each other, lol.. ;P
It seems that Daikichi is quite annoyed by Masako?.. It seems that he thinks that she isn't too serious with things related to Rin, I guess?.. But is she really not serious enough?.. She says things that are quite understandable.. Maybe she isn't really emotional, but it looks like she's trying to hold back, to me..
I don't really like how Daikichi pressures Masako in their talk.. And what for, really?.. Does he expect her to apologize, to become better, or what?.. Testing her?.. Well, it could be this.. Or maybe he's just upset with how things turned out, and now just pressuring her..
I liked his questions about feelings, though.. What Rin means to Masako right now.. But really discussing about the possibilities back then - is it really fruitful?.. It was in the past, why really push something that in the past wasn't done?.. It's easy to judge from the side.. Also, I guess, it's just common in many varieties of cultures, including mine, to just say about what could have been done, when the situation now isn't about this at all.. I do this all the time myself, really..
I'm glad to hear that Daikichi said: "I can't give her away to someone!" Nod-nod, really good words.. ;p Though.. Yeah.. I encountered in my life such thing as returning parent.. Not in my life, but seeing in others' lives.. When the child has been living for some time with adopted parent.. And yeah.. In reality even law courts happen and stuff, and of course with law courts decisions someone is ending up being hurt.. Yeah.. Our world is like that sometimes.. Pretty shit..
Well, Daikichi still can adopt her without changing her last name, no?.. I mean, it'd help if some stuff like law courts would happen to come, you know..
Daikichi adopting Rin with the permission of Masako would be quite nice, actually.. But well, it still doesn't prevent from shit happening in courts, even this thing would necessary be enough..
Hm.. Yeah, a good question, who is raising who.. ;p And, I guess, the answer would be that with age, really, they both will exchange knowledge, experience, views, feelings, everything.. Be open to being raised by Rin as well, Daikichi.. ;p
Apr 9, 2020 11:28 AM
Oct 2018
You are seriously missing out if you all have been skipping the post ending theme scenes! This scene especially hit hard. Rin is so precious and when Daikichi said "I wonder if I'm raising her or if she's raising me sometimes" that hit hard; it hit seriously hard!
Jun 28, 2020 10:31 AM

Mar 2018
I still cannot quite wrap my head around the relationship that Rin's mother must have had with Daikichi's grandfather. Was she is sometimes lover, did she fuck him just out of boredom and Rin was an accident. It looks like it.

I really love this show for its sweet little moments. Daikichi and Rin cooking together, having a bath and brushing their teeth. This shouldn't be interesting at all but those moments just warm my heart because they are the normal little moments that no one thinks of but which are precious on their own.
huntress1013Jun 28, 2020 10:34 AM
Dec 13, 2020 4:25 PM

Mar 2016
i almost cried at the end of this episode <3 so lovely!

Jun 30, 2021 12:49 PM

Nov 2018
Cirris said:
Seriously, the whole things about about the surname change made me want to yell out a spoiler in a crowded theatre.

MAJOR SPOILER...

Damn this show is just tugging at the heartstrings. The scenes after Daikichi's day trip to meet the mother were full of all sorts of win.

Masako seems like a crackhead or something. I don't loathe her. I just get the feeling she flipped out when she became pregnant. It's obvious that her spacey personality coupled with with some obsessive compulsive characteristics leads me to believe she's got mental issues and Daikichi is right in his decisions to keep Rin.

F***ing josei , never fails at making everything nice weird and uncomfortable.
Not like it's an unrealistic scenario , but seeing this after similar situation happening in
makes me like josei less.
ZevvenJun 30, 2021 12:55 PM
I hate everyone equally
Jul 14, 2021 8:01 AM
Jul 2021
I don't know if I should be happy in Ep.5

We finally know that Masako is alive (For some reasons)
but she doesn't acknowledge Rin as her daughter, it disgust me to see a mother who choses her career as a manga artist rather than being a mother with her cute daughter. but deep inside of me for some reasons I kinda Understand the devil (Masako). Based on Ep.4 (or 5 I dunno) she is too young/ immature to hold the title of "Mother" (I dont remember what the oldman said, i have a bad memory at a young age)

BUt seeing her reaction when she saw Rin in the picture proves to me that she doesn't care at all and I will treat her as Garbage. or She just hides her emotions while eating a desert.
Jul 28, 2021 5:33 AM

May 2018
Rin's mother is useless indeed. Lmao Rin is raising everyone, not just you Daikichi
Sep 25, 2021 5:22 AM

Jun 2015
when a six-year old has more common sense than all the adults.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Nov 18, 2021 5:14 AM

Dec 2020
good episode, i never really did like masako. shes unbearable honestly. daycare graduation, so cute, the little song. excited to see things go on from here
Dec 8, 2021 8:27 AM

Jun 2020
This is good shit. Rin is adorable as always. I don't care about her mother.
May 5, 2022 9:25 AM

Jul 2021
Ion think the mother is matured enough to be a parent
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jul 14, 2022 5:37 AM

Feb 2019
That's quite the irresponsible mother. I hope one day she realises this mistake.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Usagi Drop Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 15, 2011

394 by gswelcome »»
Apr 8, 3:44 PM

» imagine

removed-user - Apr 3

10 by gswelcome »»
Apr 8, 3:40 PM

» Knowing the manga ending ruined how I see this anime as a whole.

go1d1eaf - Oct 26, 2021

37 by gswelcome »»
Apr 8, 3:38 PM

Poll: » Usagi Drop Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jul 7, 2011

365 by astroreload »»
Jan 21, 4:11 AM

Poll: » Usagi Drop Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

HawthorneKitty - Jul 21, 2011

174 by astroreload »»
Dec 27, 2023 10:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.